[Gossamer's Scrapbook] The Ethereal Canyon I

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

[Gossamer's Scrapbook] The Ethereal Canyon

Postby Gossamer on December 27th, 2014, 2:47 am

Poisonous People

Truthfully I don't understand it. However, that doesn't change the reality of the situation. Recently Mizahar has had a great deal of what I would call poisonous people. Lets be honest. Not everyone is inherently good and not everyone has your best interests at heart. And unfortunately, when dealing with the internet, its far easier for people to be poisonous or toxic than it would be for them to act thusly irl face to face with others. Here, there is an anonymous aspect where they can walk away at any time and it costs them virtually nothing personally to act however they want to act.

There are two basic kinds of poisonous people in my experience. There are some who are deliberate about it and contemplate their poison carefully and with an eye to just what will be the most damaging. Then there are those that hold their poisonous toxic attitudes like a second skin, the behavior coming organic and utterly natural to them. And they are incredibly easy to spot because they are the people that won’t acknowledge your dreams, your effort, and your dedication and whom deliberately try to sabotage such things for any number of reasons. Mostly they are insecure about their successes and don’t want you overshadowing them. Sometimes they are afraid you will grow past them or never see them or acknowledge them in their own right. They feel anonymous and don’t want to be because they feel better being in the spotlight even though they can’t seem to get the spotlight to shine on them. The later types, the attention whores as some would call them, can’t stand seeing other people have more importance than they do.

No matter what the reason or driving force behind poisonous people, they exist and they are decidedly utterly unhealthy for your life and sites like Mizahar in general. They tend to say and do things, sometimes on the sly, that undermines anything and everything other players and even the leadership has tried so hard to build.

It’s been my experience that truly toxic and poisonous people are inherently lazy. It’s far easier in their mind to shoot down other’s work to get attention than to actually go and do something fantastic themselves. They don’t have a lot of personal energy unless it involves being in the spotlight. I’ve noticed quite a few of these toxic folks will highlight their personal issues such as a disability or a physical condition. They might even stress their race, country of origin, culture, religion, or school of study and social position. The more attention you give them, the more they will take rope and hang themselves with it. It’s like feeding a fire that shouldn’t exist by turning the spotlight on them and giving them any time or attention. You aren’t going to change their opinions and personality. You aren’t going to slay the lazy in them and light a fire under their ass to do something more constructive with their critique time than bash others. They like doing so and are going to stick with it.

I can never understand why someone would choose to fill their social circles with poisonous folks when there are so many upbeat positive people out there that want to expand their circles and get to know more people of a like mind. Speaking of which, if you find it hard to make friends or that friends gravitate away from you, maybe you should reflect on your own words and actions and ask yourself what have you done lately for others? If the answer is nothing, then perhaps you should look closely and see if your behavior hasn’t been slightly toxic or poisonous and work actively to lighten up, brighten up, and be more productive. No one’s perfect. We all have bad days and can have bad moments where we behave badly. It happens because we are all human. But overall, how much do you give to others? Or do you just spend your time tearing folks down and poisoning people’s thoughts against others before they even have a chance to perhaps interact with that person face to face?

self-ref•er•en•tial
(sĕlf′rĕf′ə-rĕn′shəl)
adj.
Referring to oneself or itself: The biographer's account of the poet's life was surprisingly self-referential.

One of the classic signs of toxicity is when people become self-referential. Do you even know what that means? Here’s a perfect saying you should memorize. I read this book as a child called “A Woman of the Iron People” by Eleanor Arnason who had this perfect quote about self-referential people. Memorize it. Say it over and over and over in your head. It will do you loads of good. The woman was a genius in her writing, even though she never got much attention for the few books she wrote (all of which I have read and still own). For just a little context, the book is about an advanced technological race studying a very primitive race on a new planet. Cultural anthropology in the form of a sci-fi book.

“I, me, my, mine ---
Each one a danger sign.”

“That’s what the witches used to tell us. Listen for those words, they said. If a person uses them too often or with too much emphasis, then he or she is sinking down into a well of self. And that is a dangerous situation. You may be face to face with a greedhead or a power freak.”

Now, don’t get me wrong. I’m not talking about bad moods, moodiness due to stress in people’s lives, or overworked under-rested folks. They need support, understanding, and given some hugs and loves as much as the next person. The people I’m talking about are the “I, Me, My, Mine” chronic abusers. I don’t care why they are toxic. Sure, they might have some situation socially or physically that has driven them to it… but then I must point out people like Helen Keller or Steven Hawkings that let nothing stop them. I’m talking about truly toxic folks that couldn’t be nice if they tried… and if they are nice it’s because you are giving them something they crave – attention, sympathy, an ear to air their grievances too. Stop it. You’re just enabling them and encouraging their poisons.

Now.. how in the heck do you deal with these people?

If you are Gossamer on Mizahar you can uninvited them from places they can easily spread their toxicity like chat. If that’s not enough you can push them off the site altogether. If they are not toxic, they won’t mind not being able to be in chat and will stick around and get back to the business of writing and you can eventually let them reintroduce themselves to chat with a better attitude. But if they are truthfully using chat for poisonous reasons, like attention and advancement of their agendas, then most likely they will claim they are banned and will leave the site, looking for someplace else fresh they can get their attention from.

That’s another reason why I’m always wary of ‘banned from other sites’ people that come over here bashing another site and claiming they were banned. Obviously, in my mind, the admin or site owner probably had a good reason for the boot. And people are creatures of habit. If they weren’t actually booted, they were cut off from their bad behavior in some form or another, and that sent them in search of greener pastures.

Now… back to how to deal with them.

The first method and best method if you can’t cut them off from a venue that allows them to be toxic or poisonous is to steer clear of them. Be busy. In the case of Mizahar, decline further threads with them or make a polite excuse. You don’t have too get in a big confrontation. You can just say your PC is going a different direction and your riding the wave. Blame it on the PC. They take on minds of their own all the time and demand of us players to do one thing or another with them that might be out of character for us. If you’ve tried compassion, understanding, and you’ve been attentive of their feelings and it doesn’t help… move the hell on, folks. Don’t keep trying to fix stupid, bitter, or angry. You can’t. Even shrinks know better, and I’m betting you don’t have a white horse to come riding in on to save them with.

You can’t fix them. You can’t fix them. You can’t fix them.

All you can do is stop being stupid and wisen up and go find people that will nuture you, love you, understand you, and spread patience and compassion into your life without all the drama and negativity and certainly not at other people’s expenses. I think you will find that with these sorts of poisonous people gone, you will find that your whole attitude is a lot better and you see things in a lighter more carefree way when you look around because its almost as if you suddenly have room to breathe, time to smell the roses without someone complaining about the thorns, and people will even gravitate TOWARDS you when you are seeing all this positive because the negative is gone.

Remember, good friendships are give and take. Good relationships on sites like Mizahar are also give and take. I give, you give, we give and we all take something away from all that giving. Don’t you hate the thread partner that takes and takes and takes and never gives you a bone to chew on? You know the kind, the one that never moves the thread on when they could, and instead just seems to want to listen to you storytell? You stop posting as much to those threads don’t you? But when a thread partner gives gives gives and not just reacts to your giving, then you jump to return a post and you fall in love with them as a person because you know they have a generous nature and not just a leaching one.

The same goes in real life with poisonous people. Stop letting them take take take and instead turn to people that give give give.

Here’s another hint. Stop making excuses for them and ignoring them as if they will go away. You aren’t doing them any favors and you aren’t doing yourself any favors. I know you don’t want to make waves and you certainly don’t want to be mean. But if their behavior is toxic and poisonous, then it is not okay. And that means it’s not okay to let them go on behaving like they are behaving without speaking up. This will be really hard for some of you because I see you as gentle well-mannered people that don’t want to make waves.

Previously I’ve already said its okay to quietly skip out by being busy or saying your PC has moved on. But if you really want to help them… speak up, tell them, point out that they are behaving badly in a way that is hard on you. I mean, you don’t let people pee in public on a sidewalk in front of you do you? Do you let people bully you or cut in line in front of you or blame you when its not your fault? All those are equally bad in my opinion, and I wouldn’t stand for it. That’s why I don’t stand for poisonous people being on the site in places they can do real damage.

Recently I’ve asked several people NOT to log back into chat ever again. Why? Because they were biasing newbies against staffers, spreading false information, and being hugely negative. I even saw logs of one recently discussing a long gone founder’s physical disability like they were an expert on that founder and their life and It pissed me off. I know that Founder would have hated the presumptions that person made and what was said about that person by someone who was speculating about her to the n’th degree. And the truth was about as far from that speculation as possible. However, that wasn’t the crime. The crime was the person never said they were speculating. They passed themselves off as an expert and it was all in my opinion poisonous. Now, they are gone from chat and truthfully the RS’s backed me on the decision because she’d been an issue in the past, being on Mizahar to promote her agenda, not really our rp.

If you don’t want to confront them about their poisonous attitude, that’s fine. I understand some people are reluctant. But what you can do is emphasize when you need them to listen to you and when you need them to find your situation or what you want to talk about as equally important as their shit. You can even gently tell them that they are coming off like what you say isn’t as important… like their problems have more priority over your problems (or what happened to you good today, or the great book you just read that you wanted to share with them, etc etc etc)

Obviously I feel passionate about this topic. I want you all to understand that no one can take away your pride or self worth by overshadowing it with their own unless you allow it. Never let poisonous people attack you (even subtly), disgrace you, poke fun at you, mock you, or dismiss you. For heavens sake, don’t let anyone ever DISMISS you. You have worth, and your life is important. But if you allow this to happen you are being a terrible person to yourself.

And sometimes, really calling them out is worthless and a waste of breath because these are the same types that insincerely apologize. You know the type. They say something rude, and you call them on it, and they don’t apologize but instead say something like … “I’m sorry you got offended at my words.” You know? That’s pushing blame onto you. They should be saying … “I’m sorry I offended you with my words.”. That’s a sincere apology. Poisonous people are usually wearing thick blinders to their own problems and if you all them on their poison they will say something like… “I’m sorry you found what I said poisonous/toxic/inappropriate. You shouldn’t take things so personally.” When they do that, they’ve just dismissed and stomped on your feelings hard-core and some of you won’t even realize it.

The problem is, these people can influence you. They can make you just as toxic to fit in. For all that’s sane in the world, don’t let that happen to you. It will be a slow poison, like the proverbial frog slowly boiling to death in the water that is being heated slowly. Don’t be a frog and let some poisonous person heat your bathwater to boiling, right? Don’t let them guilt you. Don’t let them blame you or say its your view that’s skewed. You’ve managed to make it this far along in life without being a pushover… don’t start being a pushover now. Remember --- "I, Me, My, Mine… each one a danger sign.” It is absolutely them being poison, not you. If its not your doing, don’t take responsibility or let them push the blame onto you. Don’t let them sway your confidence and doubt yourself.

Have you seen recent scraps where people are stating they’ve been stupid and feel like quitting or giving up? Yea…. a toxic person has been at them for sure. Nobody can decide everyone might hate them or dislike them all on their own. They’ve had someone at them, for sure.

Don’t make excuses. Don’t assist them in their toxicity by excusing them for personal issues or giving them leeway. Everyone goes through rough spots, but when that rough spot makes up 72 years of an average lifespan, put your foot down. Explore other options besides their friendship. Do things with new people. Experience new things… do so without the poisonous folks who have tainted your life. Give yourself permission to live, love, laugh and be compassionate and experience peace.

Good Luck, folks. I know you can make changes in your life for the good if you believe enough in yourself and gather enough courage to stop lying to yourself and do the right thing. And if you are that toxic person, admission is half the battle. There’s no one I would respect more than a toxic person having an OMG moment of revelation. And please understand, if folks vanish from chat, its most likely because I’ve asked them to stop logging in. I’m not an ogre. But Mizahar is my baby, and I must listen to folks complaining, if enough folks complain to me and end the madness. I also read logs, so please understand if I see things there that are poisonous and attempt to bias new folks against hard working staff, I’m going to act. To sit quietly by and let nothing change is irresponsible.

Goss
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Gossamer on January 1st, 2015, 5:40 pm

Explaining Myself

Sometimes you hear things and you may or may not realize that what you hear isn't going to be the whole of the truth. Generally its just one side of the story. Sometimes, when it involves me, I say nothing and sometimes I take the time to explain myself.

This is one of those times where I feel like an explanation is in order. I'm bone weary tired of people who feel like the rules of this site do not apply to themselves. I'm sick to death of princess personalities that are self-absorbed and don't honestly care what others think and feel even though they gush and go on and on about how others may react. In truth, and in my mind, I feel like most of the time its grandstanding and an act. I even think sometimes they lie to themselves.

And rather than go on and on about a specific case, I want to just say the rules apply to everyone. If you suddenly have a crisis of conscious and put up retirement notices in the HD for 10 PCs you have... and you've been a player here for ages and know we have a 5 PC limit... don't expect me not to go ballistic. That's especially true when I start digging and find about twenty more to go with the first ten, all of which aren't already retired. It's fine if you have multiple pcs, have retired them, and kept your total at 5. I'm cool with that. You are following the rules.

But then don't tell me that YOU WANT TO PLAY HERE because you've looked all over and tried all the other sites out on the net and you can't find them comparable to Mizahar. Playing here is not a right. It's a privilege. And to do so you need to follow the rules... especially if you know what they are and have no excuses. The rules are reasonable. They are there for the protection of the site and the pbase and to keep the staff sane.

Don't go waltzing around like you are a primadonna and they don't apply to you. I've said this before. I've said it adnasium in the HD. I don't care how long you've played here, what donations you've made, what contributions you've made, if your on staff or not etc...

EVERYONE GETS TREATED EQUALLY.

And if you decide you don't want to follow the rules, that is of course your choice. But it is also my prerogative to uninvite you, to retire your PCs without notice, and to TALK ABOUT YOU IN MY SCRAP, or anything else I might do in a reactionary response. Apologies mean nothing when something was done knowingly. And apologies and even begging to get a PC back is useless if you've showed not only myself but the entire PBASE your disrespect by not following the rules. Its even sad that you apologize and then say you are doing so because this is the best place to stay and you want to play here.

The players, all working together under the umbrella of Mizahar's operational procedures (ie the rules and traditions), are what make the game amazing. It's not the format, the system, the pretty post codes, or anything like that. The magic of it is the story, which is what we make of it. Its all about respect.

That's right. It boils down to respect. If you won't respect us, we have no cause to respect you. NO CAUSE. You don't have to like us. We don't need to be friends. But you do need to be in the same situation as everyone else and not flaunt or bypass the site rules. Because its hugely disrespectful to anyone who does follow the rules. It makes you selfish. SELFISH. So go elsewhere, perhaps somewhere where that sort of behavior is welcomed and accepted because it is not accepted here.

This has happened THREE times in the last two weeks. Most of the alt counts each time was in the twenties. When they asked, most of them just got every single pc in their account retired. A few got the option to keep one and only one pc. You folks were the lucky ones. The rest got full retirements.

Yea. I understand its hard work gone down the toilet. Do I think it actually teaches you a lesson? No, definitely not. You'll pout. You'll send out 'feel sorry for me' PMs. You'll think about how wronged you were. You'll probably even hate me a little if not a whole lot. But it makes me feel that much better. You are who you are and if the tiara is there, usually in my experience there's no taking it off a privileged princess. But, wear it with pride, after all you earned it by action and word, not by accident of birth. We just aren't that kind of site. We don't cater to royalty. And we don't treat some folk differently than we treat other folks.

You are all family, community, and equal unless you act otherwise.

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ssezzkero on January 1st, 2015, 7:40 pm

Man, people can be assholes. It is no surprise that people have been giving you a hard time recently (or, by the sound of it, forever), but damn. I hardly ever visit the chat room or post OOC anymore in an effort to rid myself of the drama that some people insist on stirring up. I am already aware that it is easy for me to get tied into that stuff. I'm a sucker for pity-parties and I've seen so many fakes, I don't want to even beleive those that I've known for a while and trust. Heck, I've stopped sharing my personal ups and downs with people, because I don't want to come across as fake.

But I really do think that some people are actually inherently nice. I've known a few people on here, and I've seen them get torn up by poisonous people. I wish more people were sweet and kind, but they just aren't. That's where I really think each individual has the power to change their atmosphere here and in real life. I'm a strong beleiver in every man for themselves, but I know that's not how society works. I do know, however, that if you need to be an ass and simply tell someone no, or walk away, it is okay. I said its "being an ass", but in reality it's just standing up for yourself. Trust me people, that's not a bad thing and it does wonders for your mood. And honestly, some times you do have to brush things off. If you've already told someone they are being rude and insensitive and then they blame you for "being too sensitive", walk away. I live with someone like that, as you learn to not take anything they say seriously. Their insults mean less because they are so common and their pity parties are not as important because you know they are half lies anyway. It hard, very hard, but if someone is aware of their horrible behavior and refuses to make an effort, they are not worth your time. Like Goss said, you can't change them.

I guess I just want to emphasize your previous post (although this last one also needs to be paid attention to), because I'm scared no one listened to you. Yeah, it was long, but it's some seriously useful information, not just for mizahar, but IRL as well...

That's all! Happy New Year everyone, I hope you all enjoyed the holidays! :D

Also, I love your new sig!
Ssezzkero
Player

Words: 249053
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2014, 4:14 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Gossamer on January 2nd, 2015, 6:33 pm

Reinmancy!
This is a mini rant!

Yes, I use Reimancy for construction with my PC. At the time I started building her fortress with her magic NO ONE ELSE was doing so. I carefully plied Tarot, Reimancy's author, with a million questions about it and was told how it could and couldn't work. Constructing with Reimancy takes time, effort and a foundation or bones for the magic to cling too. No one even contemplated it. RF has the corner on the market in terms of Reimancers as Construction because the Akakals aren't Isur and that's the only way they can build into and onto a cliff. Back then, everyone else was using it for defensive and offensive attack magic. Now almost no one does so. Construction is just a tiny part of Reimancy and you do the entire magic disservice by saying that's why you are using it or why you are allowing it.

Reimancy is DEADLY.

Reimancy is POWERFUL.

That's primarily what Reimancy is for - offensive and defensive kickass fireball-up-your-ass magic. What in the heck is up with the trend that everyone and I do mean everyone is using reimancy ONLY for construction now?

There are just some trends I wish to not be associated with. Yes, I did it first. But I feel like I've cut the balls off this magic and fed it back to it, which is not cool at all.

I feel like everyone sometimes just act like sheep and creativity is dead.

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Nal'reim Qyan on January 2nd, 2015, 6:40 pm

I agree. I love reimancy, I love the way your character uses it. I personally use it as a defensive magic only. By placing in glyphs only (maybe the odd trash removal spell). I know that isn't SUPER CREATIVE but I feel is a different spin the usage of the magic. But I understand your need to rant. It will be okay! *Hug*
ImageImageImage
Nal'reim Qyan
Player

Words: 34560
Joined roleplay: July 17th, 2012, 6:59 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on January 3rd, 2015, 10:22 pm

I think it's actually interesting that you feel that way. I know it really sucks to feel like you started a bad trend, but in all honesty, I don't believe it's really a bad thing. I mean, Remaincy is supposed to be for defense and offense, but I don't think that Remaincy has lost it's meaning or anything just because people are using it for other things at the moment.

Trends happen for a reason, and I think one of the reasons why Remaincy is used for more construction purposes now than it used to is because there has been more need to use it for other reasons. I know in Zeltiva the Bay is frozen over and Reimancers are being called with water and fire Remaincy to get rid of the ice. I'm not sure about other cities, but situations and things in the cities and in people's lives cause people to use things sometimes for uses than they were originally intended. I think once all these situations pass that people will be back to fighting and defensing and such. It just happens that everyone needs Remaincy more for other things at the moment.

I don't think it's a good or a bad thing and I don't think you should feel bad for "starting" the trend, because you probably didn't anyway. It just happened that way and I'm sure it'll dissipate once people need to fight and defend more once again. (Can't keep Mizahar at bay for long now can you?)

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Postby Gossamer on January 4th, 2015, 4:56 am

I usually post a New Year's Post somewhere around right about now. I feel like this year I'm a bit late. But that's okay, right? Sometimes it just takes me a day or two in order to chew on an idea and really formulate what I want to say. This is definitely the case because this scrap has been something on my mind since around Christmas. I don't think its any secret that 2014 was rough on almost all of us. It was even rougher on the more sensitive in society. You all know I tend to get religious sometimes in these ramblings, so if you don't want to hear it, feel free to stop reading. But there are a lot of intuitive sensitive people in the world and this last year has hit them particularly bad.

These insightful folks are the kind that take care of everyone else, hold hands, and give of themselves sometimes too much until they are broken down and partially crushed both mentally and physically. And what's worse, a lot of these people manifest these difficult things physically. Their bodies react to the atmosphere they live in and they get sick. It's harder for them to fight things off. I wish I knew why, though I could speculate until I'm blue in the face. And if they are physically strong, they sink into deep mental wells of depression.

I'm fortunately not one of these super sensitive people. But I like to think of myself as an observer and fighter. I'm the typical forerunner Indigo Child all grown up and pissed off. Headstrong, protective, creative, resilient, strong-willed, proud, self confident.... yea. That's me. I have a hard time understanding people who aren't comfortable or confident with themselves. I also have a lot of negative traits: intolerant, impatient, disgusted with what I consider archaic rituals, outspoken, get bored easily, and I never sleep longer than an hour or two at a time.

Observing 2014 and what it did to folks I care about kinda sucks because sometimes you would rather be in the thick of things instead of watching stuff go down and not being able to do anything about it. You can't cultivate traits in others that they simply don't have. And they can't curb my tongue or my intolerance of fools. We all have to wade through life with what we are given. You cant make intuitives and sensitives less than what they are. They are what they are. And you can't protect them from their natures. You can only try to make things easier and not put any more burdens on them.

Regardless, i saw 2014 chop holes in people's souls and I didn't like it. I hated it. I think it hurt me in ways I am only now beginning to understand. But its over now. It's actually been over for a month or so, having come to a head in the smack dab middle of last year and easing up since. I've been busy at work, and that's distracted me, but at least moving forward, I know things will get a lot better for a lot of people. I know I won't have to hold so many people while they cry because their pain is too real and too personal to be eased any other way.

And I have a plan for 2015. I wanted to share it with you. It's not ego. It's strategy. When you put ideas to paper, you manifest them. It's a kind of magic, folks. It's like staring at the mirror, visualizing yourself in better shape day in and day out and it trains your mind to want to be in better shape and you find yourself working out and manifesting that desire.

Manifesting desires are the trick to happiness folks. You can't sit around waiting for others to hand deliver you a good life. You have to go out and take it. I know others have expressed their wishes for the new year and I respect that. But their wishes aren't my wishes. We are different people. I'm not going to loose weight, go to the gym five times a week, be kinder or nicer, and I'm certainly not going to give more to charity. That might be your plan, but for me the plan is vastly different.

I think being honest with your fellow human AND yourself is far more important. I think giving time is better than money. I think loving the body you have is more important than trying to shape it into the image society says is okay. I think there's a fine line between pushing to be the best or do the most excellent job you can verses striving excessively for perfection or to be first. One is super healthy and the other is a productivity killer and depression generator. What if it falls short? Isn't it better to do the best you can and get it done rather than not do it at all?

To me it all boils down to habits. So that's what my new years resolutions are centered around. I want to form better habits and stick to them. And I need to do this in a way I can remember and consistently follow through. I think I am a sum of my habits for certain, and lately some of them haven't been all that great. I've got out of the habit of keeping up things on Mizahar. I've even been out of the habit of posting, and making time for myself. There's other things in life i'm out of habit on that I need to get into habit on. One of those key things is organization. Another involves focusing on creativity and expression.

So... that awful year is gone. A new one is here. And my resolution is better habits... forming them, solidifying them, and keeping them. So far so good. I've got my list, I've maintained them thus far, and I plan on maintaining them for another year and see what kind of person my habits at the end of 2015 make me. Hopefully Mizahar will benefit from them. Hopefully I'll benefit from them as well.

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Pulren Marsh on January 4th, 2015, 6:40 am

Thanks Jen. This past year has run me so hard through the ringer that it may be 2016 before I recuperate. I will, though, Thanks for these thoughts.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Words: 503518
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2014, 3:33 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Sal Mander on January 5th, 2015, 3:17 am

Sounds like 2015 is about to get its ass kicked ;)
Last edited by Sal Mander on January 18th, 2015, 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sal Mander
Azenth

Words: 287206
Joined roleplay: January 14th, 2014, 1:40 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Character (1)

Postby Gossamer on January 17th, 2015, 2:05 am

May you all have a character you love so much and play so long that you finally have to break apart their CS thread list into years instead of just one giant post that crashes the site.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext