[Avain Manor]Miro the Magician (Miro)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Ricky Maze on September 13th, 2011, 5:01 am

6th of Autumn, 511 AV

Ricky and Odis were lost in Alvadas, if it wasn't for the way the city had to change around so much they'd be able to remember routes. Ricky thought he did that when they first arrived, only to find the next day that everything was rearranged. Odis had been sniffing at everything, only to bark at what he thought was something. Maybe he was seeing things, things Ricky didn't notice. However something else caught Odis' attention, because his head rose as high as it could. Both ears were about pointed up too, only the tip of them remained flat. What did he hear. Bark Bark Bark! He ran on ahead of Ricky, as if he were chasing a cat or something. Ricky nearly lost him had he not run after the dog, only to find that they were lost even more. A shabby looking house wasn't to far from them, perhaps someone there could help them out. Odis began walking forward, as if he were a child skipping, with a smile on his mug.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Miro on September 14th, 2011, 1:30 am

Miro was out in his yard, practicing magic. He was adding weight on his limbs by transmuting ice around his limbs. All the while throwing punches and keeping up with his training. Each time he added a bit more ice, his thought process slowed down a bit more. Retaining his focus on his training solely by instincts at this point. His forearms were covered in 30 extra pounds of ice, as well as his legs. Using flux to continue his training only pushed his exhaustion further. Sweat was pouring off his body as he took a weary shaking arm to cool his forehead.

His mind came back to focus when a dog caught his sight. Miro focused, slowly draining his energy into a sum of res that hovered a few feet away from him. The loss of djed further devastated Miro's condition, he fell to the floor no longer able to support the heavy gear. Miro remained bent over unable to move for a moment while he focused his res around his left hand and began slowly melting away at the ice and adding it to the pool of res. Looking over, he saw that not far behind the dog followed a man, slowly making his way towards Miro with quite a friendly look on his face. Miro smiled, still bent over awkwardly, waiting for the man to make his intentions clear.
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on September 14th, 2011, 3:42 am

When Ricky first saw the house it was a decent size, up close it looked to be a manor. It threw him off really, most of Alvadas did when he wandered around. When he approached he saw a man frozen in place, ice covering his arms and legs. Was he frozen in place? Odis didn't seem worried, instead he was more interested. Ricky was worried that he might act odd again, hopefully Odis wouldn't lick the ice....

Ricky made a friendly approach, keeping an eye on Odis to make sure he didn't try anything. "Hi." He let a grin appear on his face, showing even more of his friendly nature. "My dog and I are kind of lost here...." He wasn't sure how to start a conversation in this situation, but he couldn't try small talk while this stranger was frozen in ice. "Do you need help? You appear to be frozen in place." Odis had moved to the back of Miro before Ricky could notice him, and when Ricky did notice Odis it was to late. The dog had began sniffing the strangers behind with curiosity. He tried not to laugh really, it wasn't suppose to be funny. Yet Odis' behavior had been that way recently, and Ricky wasn't sure why. "Odis! No." The dog looked to Ricky, then sat next to the stranger. As if he were trying to heel.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Miro on September 14th, 2011, 4:01 am

Miro watched as the man walked up and asked if he could help. Miro went to answer when something odd happened. He began to feel a tickle in his rump. He began to laugh uncontrollably. Focusing on moving his res, he freed his hand and began to swat the curious dog away. "Hey, sorry, he's okay. It's my fault for being bent over for him. I'm actually quite lucky he didn't take to mounting me." Miro moved the res over his other hand and began to melt the mass much quicker this time. Within a couple chimes, Miro was entirely free and up on his feet. [b]"Hi, I'm Miro. And from the sounds of your scolding, this is Odis. Miro let the giant ball of watery res hover above them, just out of reach. He reached out a hand, expecting a proper introduction. Miro smiled back politely, waiting to meet this person before helping him on his way.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ricky Maze on September 14th, 2011, 4:13 am

"Ricky Maze. I'm a fisherman from Zeltiva." He kindheartedly took the hand, giving a simple firm grip as they shook. "And of course that is my best friend Odis there, he's taken to an odd behavior upon our arrival." The dog whined and cocked his head to the side, giving the expression; what are you talking about? Ricky smirked. However his attention shifted to the water that was above them. "What is that up there? Are you controlling that? How is it possible?" Curiosity filled within him, this was something he never witnessed before, something that he found very fascinating.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Miro on September 14th, 2011, 5:01 am

"Very nice to meet you Ricky. Oh and you too Odis!" Miro leaned forward and playfully rustled the hair on the top of the dogs head. "He seems to be acting pretty normal for a dog if you ask me." He smiled down at the pooch then looked up to see Ricky pointing up and asking about his pool of res. Miro grinned widely at the question. "You've never seen magic huh? It's quite easy, once you know how. Though, it being easy is the most dangerous part of it. Doing something like this is VERY dangerous, not just for the people around me, but for myself. I have taken to learning very strict discipline with it. And if you knew me, that would really drive the point." Miro moved the water and shaped it into a form roughly resembling the dog. Miro closed his eyes as he focused on the shape. The inside was mostly filled with the melted water, while the res worked as a shell to hold it in place. He transmuted it, and again a deep shock went through his mind. He lost all thought for a moment tripped forward, barely catching himself on the statue. "...Tada! But this is only one thing I can do. There are a lot of things that you will find are possible. When using magic, one will find himself imagining impossible feats and suddenly they become reality. Preeeetty cool huh?" He leaned against the statue as if he intended to land there and hid his hastened breathing. "So where exactly are you headed to? Its easy to get lost in the city of illusion. I normally just enjoy the sites until you find yourself where you want to be. The streets take you where they want you to be. Trust me, it's much better not to fight the city. I can accompany you, if that would help. Though, and don't tell Kinneas I said this. But if you want, maybe we can work out you staying here. I don't know that you have any money or anything, but I'm sure you can make yourself useful to have around" Miro winked at the man, feeling slightly tired and off. His body ached with a lax pleasure. His muscles felt weak, like they just wanted to take a nap. Miro slid down to the ground and yawned. "I...I'm gonna take a na..." He nodded off, unable to hold his eyes open any longer. His naps were sometimes long. However, this nap would be short lived, just a side effect from pushing ones mind too hard too quickly.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ricky Maze on September 14th, 2011, 5:21 am

Ricky was impressed with how Miro controlled the water, and even more so at the statue he made. It nearly resembled Odis! Such an amazing talent he had, and it he said it was magic. Something that everybody could do. Ricky wanted to learn as well he wanted to be able to perform such magic, but when he was about to ask Miro the magician fell over. Ricky ran over to check on him. Still breathing. Looks to me that he's taking a nap actually....guess magic has some after effects. He gently shook Miro. "Uh Miro. You okay? Too tired to be awake?" Miro didn't really seem to respond, and an unexpected surprise came to Ricky. Odis started licking Miro's face playfully, out of nowhere really. It was actually one of the few normal things he did since he was in Alvadas, and seeing it actually made Ricky smile. Then the smile became a confused look, Odis was now rolling back and forth on Miro.

Ricky couldn't help but laugh as Odis seemed to be enjoying himself, as he watched to see if Miro was waking up.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Miro on September 14th, 2011, 5:54 am

Miro woke up to a pair of large brown eyes staring into his. Odis was panting heavily into Miro's face and mouth. He began to roll around pushing his body into Miro's playfully. Miro took to petting him as he tumbled around. "Yeah, sorry, I am awake. If you push your body too much you will..." Miro yawned and carefully stood up pressing his back against the cold statue. "Lesson one on magic. Using too much can and will result in...overgiving" He yawned again and rubbed his eyes. "This however, is a..very minor side effect. Some people go crazy from this stuff...or worse!" Miro left it at that, hoping that it would let his mind corrupt into an fear. There was nothing worse than what one's mind could imagine, unless that is you are talking about magic, as it seems to always find a way. Miro stood up on his own, having the tired feeling fade away. He pushed that spell too quickly, causing him to fall out. Though it was might impressive. "Ricky, you seem quite interested in magic. I understand that it is quite the shock to see something like this for the first time, but I see more. I see a mage inside of you. The desire to cast is shining from your soul. Am I mistaken?" Miro smirked at him, waiting to see what his reply would be.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ricky Maze on September 14th, 2011, 6:08 am

Ricky felt a sudden excitement burst from within him, A major explosion that he couldn't hide because the devastation was far to much; his face beamed. "I... Yes of course! I've only heard rumors but to actually use magic would be...incredible!" Odis hopped around in excitement, switching his attention between Odis and Ricky. "Are you...able to teach me how?"
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Miro on September 14th, 2011, 6:39 am

"I would never teach somebody unworthy of wielding magic. If you were to learn from me, I would be willing to teach. As long as you remember a few things. First, and most simply, I am your master. Absolute obedience and respect, for as long as we are studying magic. Once of course, we are back to every day stuff all of that goes out the window. Just, know that once you accept me as your master, your can consider yourself dead until you have finished learning what I can teach you. Nothing in magic is more dangerous than a mage who isn't experienced with the dangers and limits. One not knowing of overgiving could go out with a bang, taking everybody around him down as well. If you start to build up for a boom, I will stop you. That very well may mean I will kill you. I hope you have discipline. Cause at any point from the time you accept me as your master to the time one of us dies, I will force discipline into you. Under no circumstances will I let somebody give mages a bad name, and nor will you. Training will include the principles of magic. The different types. The parts of the soul. And all the while drilling in discipline. Once you have a good grasp, I will teach you to put them into practice."

Miro took a couple deep breaths after saying so much. He waited, giving Ricky time to take in all of this. Odis seemed less than thrilled listening to all of Miro's babbling. Miro began to head inside, leading the way for Ricky. Once inside he sat on the couch sprawled out for enough room for Odis to hop up. "Just make yourself comfy...sorry there isn't much to sit on."
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next