[Kelvic] Mizahar's Wild Children

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is dedicated to housing a thread for each race wherein each race gets to keep in touch with each other, check-in, chit-chat, plot the further advancement of their race, tell jokes, post pictures, keep in contact, etc. Look for your race's thread and feel free to join in the discussion - whatever that may be on any given day!

Postby Marxander on May 30th, 2013, 9:05 pm

Its never too late to be a Kelvic! Rrrrrafhhh! Hehe!

God, if Kelvic could meet up on an rp in a group, it would be so much fun. But we would have to promise not to eat each other.
CS:http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic34653.html

"Live Fast. Die Young. Be Wild. Have Fun."

"Death cannot kill what never dies."

"You can cry and close your mind,
be empty and turn your back.
Or you can do what she'd want:
smile, open your eyes, love and go on.”
Marxander
Dholian Huntress

Words: 46263
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 12:24 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Xiulachu Falliron on May 30th, 2013, 11:52 pm

can't really imagine rping as a non kelvic... so many unique things that us kelvics can do and I really can't give that up :)
Xiulachu Falliron
Player

Words: 36243
Joined roleplay: April 10th, 2013, 11:19 pm
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Karliah Firestride on September 30th, 2013, 8:24 pm

After skimming this thread, a Kelvic meet-up sounds really cool. Perhaps there might be a summit in one of the main cities? Could be for any reason, maybe someone decided to take a census?

"If there is a desire within us, that nothing in this world can satisfy, then perhaps we were meant for another world." ~C.S.Lewis
Karliah Firestride
Player

Words: 10473
Joined roleplay: September 6th, 2013, 7:19 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Minosayaa on September 30th, 2013, 9:05 pm

Hey there! Been here for ages but just now decided to meet my brethren.
If there is rain tomorrow
I wonder where you will take me.
Surely if I'm with you
That alone will make me happy.

Minosayaa
Lead Sled Dog

Words: 51933
Joined roleplay: October 4th, 2010, 5:54 am
Character sheet

Postby Kemlo on October 11th, 2013, 7:34 pm

Hi fellow brethren and sisters!

I'm not too long on this world and quite young even for my short lived people. Still a child life already dug it's teeth into my existence but I survived. I have a lot of thing to learn about this world because there was little time in my life to learn at least the most important things. About many other things I remember not much more than the basic facts and at others it's existence might be a source to wonder about.
Shortly I'll hopefully be in the See of Grass and meet somebody there to help me out in some ways like being able to shift again into my animal form.

I want to thank all those who gave a lot of interesting insights to the life of a Kelvic. Luckily it looks like I was not too wrong about many things but I still got a couple very interesting new insights. This will not make a drastic change in my roleplaying but it surely will give it some new and helpful aspects.
Kemlo
is called Animal

Words: 31215
Joined roleplay: October 9th, 2013, 9:00 pm
Character sheet

Postby Kaden Swift on November 11th, 2013, 1:06 pm

Okay. After reading all nineteen pages I learned a lot; but not what I originally started reading for.

I now know more on how a bond can affect a Kelvic and their bonded, but not how they are bonded. What happens when a bond is formed? Does it just click in place without notice, or is it a sudden storm of feelings? Is there a noticeable sign that it has happened or is it a gradual build up that is slowly felt and understood?
Kaden Swift
What the night dragged in

Words: 122423
Joined roleplay: September 20th, 2013, 12:32 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Perplexity on November 11th, 2013, 2:03 pm

Mr. Swift,

For each pair – Kelvic and Bondmate – the process is different.

I quoted that section directly from the Kelvic lore page. But if that is not enough perhaps I can offer a small amount of assistance?

Kelvics are capable of bonding only with those whom they feel safe, comfortable, and happy with. They can only bond with one person at a time but are capable of forming multiple bonds in their lifetime if circumstances permit the formation of one. The bonds can never be unwilling or forced. According to the lore page the sensation of bonding is akin to falling in love. That being said, bonding does not have to be a romantic thing. As there are various levels of love (familial, platonic, romantic, etc.) so too are there various levels of bonding. The bond is always "voluntary" but in the context of the lore that is a loosely applied term.

By voluntary, if you read closely, the bond is something that neither party would be opposed to so much as a conscious decision to enter a bond. The bond itself happens on a subconscious level and can either come as a bit of a surprise or a recognized eventuality that just suddenly (finally) happened. Very young Kelvics that bond do so easily much like a house pet that recognizes who feeds, clothes, and protects it. (Albeit there is certainly a noted mark of intelligence above your garden variety house pet.) Kelvics that bond after they have matured and developed an intricate psyche of their own take a lot longer to form a bond because they have a clearer idea of the type of person that they would have a deep respect for.

When it comes to the gender pairings same sex pairings often start out with a mutual respect for one another, be it a friendly rivalry that grows into a close friendship or just a general interest in becoming friends. When it becomes apparent on a subconscious level that there is a deep abiding trust between both the Kelvic and their potential bondmate the bond will take place. That trust needs to be there though. Opposite sex pairings usually go down the path of romance but they don't have to.

The bonds formed by the very young Kelvics will typically stay just a superficial master/pet variety and the bond itself is easily broken without any sort of repercussion to either party.

The mature bonds are more complicated because they take place between two complex individuals who become so deeply entwined with one another that more often than not a mature Kelvic and a mature bondmate end up falling just as deeply in love. Why? Because the mature bond that forms between Kelvic and Bondmate results in a "mirroring" effect causing personality traits within both parties to gradually more closely resemble one another. The pairings still maintain their independent personalities but their interests and mannerisms align on a more significant level than would a superficial bond.(Much like the similarities in personality you would find in identical twins)

To break such a deep, wholesome connection is very emotionally damaging not just to the Kelvic but to the bondmate as well. Though a bondmate can usually pick themselves up and move on quite effectively when given time to mend emotionally. The Kelvic partner has a much more difficult time and usually doesn't fare well at all after such harsh emotional trauma.

Here's hoping that this helped to answer some of your questions!

Regards,
Perplexity
Perplexity's Office Status

Perplexity
DS of Zeltiva, Mod Privileges in Wildlands

Words: 440795
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2013, 11:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Kaden Swift on November 11th, 2013, 2:20 pm

Thank you Perplexity, that was very helpful an answered quite a bit of niggling questions I had on the whole thing. You should put that somewhere easy to find for people. It was easy to understand and informative. Thanks again and have a good day!
Kaden Swift

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Emi Ko on November 13th, 2013, 12:38 am

If there are any Kelvics that promise not to eat Emi Ko, a little hedgehog, that lives in Syliras, I would love if she met another of her kind! :) Kelvic pride.

3/3 Threads
Common
Others Speech
Hedgehog
Emi Ko
A simple hedgehog Kelvic

Words: 8419
Joined roleplay: November 10th, 2013, 10:44 pm
Character sheet

Postby Kaden Swift on November 13th, 2013, 12:56 pm

Sorry, in Avanthal. Either way Kaden would either ignore her utterly or use her as a toy. He isn't very sociable unless someone is a kid. Other Kelvic won't impress him unless they are a fellow cat, even the dire polar bears are simply big lumbering things to him. Good luck on finding more Kelvic, they tend to be big predators.
Kaden Swift

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext