[Akalak Pride] Edified Dual-Natured Meatheads

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is dedicated to housing a thread for each race wherein each race gets to keep in touch with each other, check-in, chit-chat, plot the further advancement of their race, tell jokes, post pictures, keep in contact, etc. Look for your race's thread and feel free to join in the discussion - whatever that may be on any given day!

Postby Ayda on February 8th, 2013, 1:08 am

I understand that Akalak's are a dwindling race and that reproduction is important for them. In the game I'm not an Akalak I'm an Ethaefal, I lived my life of obligation as an Akalak already then I died. Several lives later I fell from the sky and don't even really know that much about Akalak except they are warriors. If I do go to Riverfall my character isn't going to be openly making out with dudes in front of every body but I know he will not fit in for various other reason other than his sexuality. The fact that I don't fit in is one of the major concepts of an Ethaefal at least I take it that way.
If I was playing a pure blood Akalak I would have handled him differently, If i did make him gay he would probably have uncomfortably awkward sex with a women, make babies and then go back to the dudes. I'm sure discrimination would still be an issue and I face that in real life. which would be the reason why I have trouble differentiating between whether you're talking about your character views or your real life views.
I mostly posted in here because I think Akalaks are cool and happened to pick an Akalak as my mortal seeming. your comment made sense for the game I just wasn't sure if you were talking about Akalaks or if these views applied to real life. its hard to tell through writing some time.
Ayda
Androgynous Celestial Being

Words: 37127
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2013, 4:13 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ayda on February 8th, 2013, 1:40 am

I didn't mean to start drama or controversy, I'm just a fan of "thats what she said jokes" (or I guess that what he said) and found Riaris comment funny. I'm kind of immature I know but not a drama starter. I try not to go where I'm not welcome.
Last edited by Ayda on February 8th, 2013, 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ayda

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tia'aria on February 8th, 2013, 1:50 am

What I've taken from the Riverfall Codex is that male/male relationships between Akalak are perfectly acceptable, gentlemen. I know some of those Akalaks out there are gonna be all gungho about having babies, but the demographics of Riverfall don't allow for every Akalak to be out there having babies. There are 8 men to 1 woman in numbers, so males with males is acceptable and it even has a fancy term.

Women, however, can't go with other women without being called selfish. They are expected to have babies with Akalaks irregardless of sexual orientation and aren't well received if they shirk this duty. There is a gay Akalak in RF already, he was raised Myrian and likes guys for some reason. I don't remember his name, however. It starts with R I'm fairly sure.

If I translated the Codex wrong, I take full responsibility and will defer to someone more knowledgeable. :) That's my 2c, boys.
Tia'aria
shut up + trust this.

Words: 60906
Joined roleplay: August 3rd, 2012, 7:27 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Riaris Dovukalis on February 8th, 2013, 2:03 am

Just so that we are clear, I was only having fun joking with Ayda, nothing I said was meant to be taken seriously. I joke in this thread the same as I do in the Konti thread. and speaking of hot little Konti's..Tia'aria we have a date..don't keep me waiting. :D
The more you try to silence me, the more I'm gaining ground.
Riaris Dovukalis
Prediction?......Pain

Words: 299930
Joined roleplay: November 25th, 2012, 6:39 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (2)

Postby Ayda on February 8th, 2013, 2:14 am

"Akalak males who prefer relationships with other males, are accepted so long as they contribute to society by their profession (as everyone is expected)." right from the Riverfall codex. so I guess as long as I contribute in my job and as a warrior I'm good. At least according to this. and don't worry Riaris I knew you were joking I'm not sure about Imass though.
edit: they can't rise in rank unless they have children that seems to be the only deterrent
Last edited by Ayda on February 8th, 2013, 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ayda

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Xalet on February 8th, 2013, 3:02 am

With enough body building you'll be fine.
Xalet
The answer is more Body Building.

Words: 539431
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2011, 11:37 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Tia'aria on February 8th, 2013, 5:07 am

Don't worry, Riaris. I'll meet Recoomas soon. ;)
Tia'aria
shut up + trust this.

Words: 60906
Joined roleplay: August 3rd, 2012, 7:27 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Imass on February 8th, 2013, 10:48 am

I shouldn't have posted that. I have no real excuse, i just posted what i was thinking. I am embarrassed, because not only did not read the lore correctly but I also came off as a prick... seems like I have been doing that alot recently, even in chat. Sorry to everyone on the forum and to you Ayda. I need to re-evaluate the way i have been doing things here on Mizahar. I love yous guys and mean no harm ever. My goal is to be a positive and constructive member of the forum, but deep down inside I haven't been doing that. I know this for a fact, even if you do not see that within me. There are no more words to be said, because words alone don't mean anything.

Sincerely
Imass
Imass
Veteran of the Sahova Campaign

Words: 431651
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2012, 4:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Ayda on February 8th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Imass = I accept your apology Imass, on the scale of offensive things I've heard this really doesn't even register. I've met a lot of complete jerk faces in my day and I'm pretty sure you're just an over zealous nerd. I think over zealous nerds are cool you just need to be careful you're nerdyness doesn't sound offensive in some way. I can see where this opinion is coming from, Akalaks are a dieing race so reproduction is important to them. However Akalak's are an all male warrior race, judging by male warrior organizations in history which Akalaks are most likely biased on they would be pretty cool with the gayness. Also from a game play stand point, riverfall is full of shirtless man pic's, its a reason why I already have a character in Riverfall. Its like making a lore full of sexy lady pics and then making it full of man hating women, it's just not cool.

Xalet = I plan on doing body building but I want it to only affect my mortal form, I originally wanted to make a character that switched sex but the best I could do was a very androgynous man who turns into a muscular Akalak. Whether I can do that is a discussion better suited for the Ethaefal crew. I think If I did go to River fall a few dudes would mistake me for a lady leading to some interesting roleplay when they find out I'm also a dude.

And now I think we should change the subject. How does it feel to have multiple personalities? I wish my character had multiple personalities, you get two characters for the price of one. All my Ethaefal has is echo's of his darker self, which isn't nearly as cool.
Ayda

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Xalet on February 9th, 2013, 1:48 am

Ayda wrote:How does it feel to have multiple personalities? I wish my character had multiple personalities, you get two characters for the price of one. All my Ethaefal has is echo's of his darker self, which isn't nearly as cool.

It feels fantastic, and is probably one of the absolute favorite things I love about the Akalak. Just when I start getting bored of playing a straight laced, stoic goody-two shoes, I get to jump back into the game as a womanizing, foul mouthed, backhand-your-manners-in-the-face jerk. Then when I don't feel like being a jackass anymore, I get to go back to being the good guy. It's pretty sweet. Moreso than that is the interest I have in the slow, gradual combining of the two souls to work as one. They'll always be separate, but just as Xalet told someone he was threading with whom asked about the two halves IC, when you live long enough with someone, their interests start to become your interests and vice versa, whether you notice it or not.
Xalet
The answer is more Body Building.

Words: 539431
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2011, 11:37 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

PreviousNext