[Akalak Pride] Edified Dual-Natured Meatheads

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is dedicated to housing a thread for each race wherein each race gets to keep in touch with each other, check-in, chit-chat, plot the further advancement of their race, tell jokes, post pictures, keep in contact, etc. Look for your race's thread and feel free to join in the discussion - whatever that may be on any given day!

Postby Xalet on September 24th, 2011, 5:51 pm

What's up my Akalak brethren!? I said what's up!?

Alright, so maybe there's not so many Akalaks around these days. Why exactly is this? Perhaps you haven't been to the Akalak racial page lately. There's a reason they're first on the list, and it isn't just because it's in alphabetical order.

Akalaks have the four S's going for them. Smart, Sexy, Strong, and Spiritual. Yeah, there's that fifth "S" in there of having a Split nature, but how close to perfection can you get? We had to give the other races a break somewhere.

So, if you like getting ripped, expanding your mind, and seeing the infra-red spectrum (awesome) you need to get up in here and post.

Those of the Akalak:
Bold shows they've been active within the past 6 months. If you're not mentioned, come forward and be counted!
Last edited by Xalet on November 4th, 2012, 4:52 am, edited 12 times in total.
Xalet
The answer is more Body Building.

Words: 539431
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2011, 11:37 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Gossamer on September 24th, 2011, 5:54 pm

You forgot it gives us ladies nice ripped guys to look at too. That could be a sixth S = Sculpted.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Xalet on September 29th, 2011, 8:36 pm

Gossamer wrote:You forgot it gives us ladies nice ripped guys to look at too. That could be a sixth S = Sculpted.

The way it's looking you might just be staring at me then. It's kinda quiet on the Akalak front.
Xalet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gossamer on September 29th, 2011, 8:46 pm

There's more of them out there. :) They are just too above this whole racial pride thing. Why don't you tell the admiring fans why you picked an Akalak character to begin with? We need some sort of check-in registry because the Benshira Pride page is putting everyone to shame.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Xalet on September 29th, 2011, 10:32 pm

Look at that, I prettified the first post! You're right about the registry. I actually think it's a great idea because this way if any new players come and are like "Hmm, I want to make an Akalak, but I wonder if I could look at a few current Akalaks to get some ideas..." they can come here and see all of the Akalaks.

My character creation process is pretty straight forward, I pick what I think I would enjoy and have the most fun with. Just to get an idea of what I find fun, I love conflict, especially between characters and, to a lesser extent, their environments. Typically in the past I played small, nimble, and comical characters, but I decided it was time for a change. I wasn't going to hide in the shadows or play mind-games. I wasn't going to use illusions or any sort of wit, I wanted to eventually be able to go toe to toe with the toughest challenge Mizahar had to offer with nothing but my armor, my weapons, and my skill. Knowing this, I needed to choose a race that would realistically have that mind set and wasn't Human (I very often played Humans in the past). A race that was physically imposing and enduring, something strong while still maintaining an intellectual cunning.

The Akalak dedication to a type of physical and spiritual perfection was just the ticket. They have admirable qualities like discipline and courage, but they face their largest obstacle in their pursuit for "physical and spiritual oneness" in that they are not one, they are two. An Akalak is both the desire to gain strength to protect your allies, as well to crush your foes. I think those dueling desires may very well dwell in all people, but it was so interesting to have a race where different sets of values and ethics literally manifested in an Akalak's second soul.

Really everything else fell together quite perfectly. I had decided when I made the character that they would stay away from traditional magic completely, instead gaining their supernatural powers through conviction and faith. The fact that Akalak shy away from Djed using forces fit like a glove.

So that's my story, or at least most of it.
Xalet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Stranger on September 30th, 2011, 6:08 pm

Ooo, pretty front page. I love.

I don't actually have an Akalak, but I'd like to extol one of the things I think makes them a really cool character to play.

When newbs wander into chat and are trying to figure out what to play, someone inevitably asks them "Light or dark?" as in sides, or sometimes more straight forward "Good or bad?" I mean, we all consider this, right? Maybe not so abstractly, but it is always a factor when we flesh out a new character because everyone has to lean one way or the other.

If you play an Akalak, you get to do both, unabashedly. And the angst of the conflict? Who can beat it? Angst is what makes writing so much fun. I mean, happily ever after gets boring pretty quick in the roleplay world.

So, right. It also doesn't hurt that they're gorgeous and manly and you could daydream about them in that waterfall....

-zones out in drool-
Stranger
Candy Maker

Words: 31827
Joined roleplay: September 10th, 2011, 1:48 am
Office

Postby Ishkaral on October 16th, 2011, 10:46 am

Akalak reporting for duty! Although I won't be starting out in Riverfall, Ishkaral is still a true Akalak with two personalities, with a crazy twist. :D

Akalaks, Represent! ^^
GREEN: Ishkaral speaking.
BLUE: Eshacro speaking.
Ishkaral
Memories Can Be Deceiving

Words: 22310
Joined roleplay: October 15th, 2011, 5:37 am
Character sheet

Postby Xalet on October 16th, 2011, 12:39 pm

You've been added, my good man. Thou hast chosen wisely!
Xalet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Stranger on October 31st, 2011, 5:08 am

Ishkaral is pretttty.

I've developed such a crush on you big blue studs. -dreamysigh-
Stranger
Candy Maker

Words: 31827
Joined roleplay: September 10th, 2011, 1:48 am
Office

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on December 30th, 2011, 5:08 am

So I love the Akalak race (which is why my Ethaefal changes into an Akalak). During the day hours Taith express his Akalak pride. :) Its amusing since Taiths konti girlfriend perfers his akalak form. :p
Do you think that you could ever, Through all eternity,
Find out the generation Where Gods began to be?
Or see the grand beginning, Where space did not extend?
Or view the last creation, Where Gods and matter end?
Me thinks the Spirit whispers, “No man has found ‘pure space,’
Nor seen the outside curtains, Where nothing has a place.”
~ If You Could Hie To Kolob
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Words: 173686
Joined roleplay: April 3rd, 2010, 3:33 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Next