[Avian Manor] A Vain Meeting (Alric&Miro)

two of Alvadas's most eccentric residents meet for the first time.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Alric Wilmot on October 21st, 2011, 3:15 am

Alric blinked several times in confusion. The man seemed so ready to kill him if Alric had hypnotized him before. So why on earth was he practically begging to be hypnotized now? Alric had always heard people murmur about his own mental instabilities, but now he was fairly certain that he was quite normal. At least, far more normal than the likes of Miro. It was even doubly strange since Alric was fairly certain he had never met a non-human so friendly, even if he was a bit bi-polar. Yet, he was still fairly certain he wasn't human. Not with those fangs anyway.

Still, he supposed it had something to do with permission. People always seemed rather adamant that things were different if one were asked. Like the time he had prepared supper for his neighbor of five weeks. He had surprised his father with a fine meal after a long day, and his father recommended doing the same for their neighbor, so as to show a measure of good faith. But when he did, she was hardly as thankful as his father. She had kept screaming and yelling 'thief'. Honestly, how many thieves cooked dinner for their victims? Oh sure, he probably should have told her he was going to be making dinner for her, he probably should have told her he was going to use her kitchen, and he probably should have introduced himself as her neighbor when Alvadas brought her so close to the Manor. But really, that would have ruined the surprise!

Yes, Alric thought it might have something to do with that 'permission' thing. He'd have to understand that eventually, but he really didn't understand it quite yet. Oh well, it really was low on his list of priorities. Miro wanted to be hypnotized? Fine by him. However, there were problems present. Alric seemed to run into the same ones each time he revealed himself a hypnotist come to think of it. He decided to share the difficulties with Miro. However, Alric was fairly sure he knew how to deal with them now. Especially since he had opened his own business.

"Well, Miro. I'd be happy to. However, with you aware about what I am, and what I can do, my power is weakened drastically. A hypnotist's power lies in subtlety, and pulling strings one inch at a time. To hypnotize you now, I would accomplish very little." Alric paused here, to let Miro soak in his words. He then started to pace with his arms behind his back, allowing himself a reprieve from the stiff posture he had been holding. "However, you are in luck. I have learned to induce trances. A trance, Miro, is a very powerful tool in the hands of the competent. With a trance, I can bypass the fact that you know what I am, and what I can do. Often times, I can even bypass the walls others create, to guard their precious secrets. However, like with all great abilities, it comes at a price."

Alric stopped his pacing, and glanced at Miro. He kept his gaze as he delivered the last words of his warning. "You must be perfectly willing. I normally don't tell people who volunteer that I can pry them of personal knowledge, but since we are now...friends, I thought you should know. So, know that you know that your secrets may not be safe, do you really want to go through with this?" Alric stood still, and kept a cool un-blinking gaze upon Miro. He may not understand 'permission' very well, but that didn't mean he was completely oblivious to it's importance.
Last edited by Alric Wilmot on October 22nd, 2011, 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm Speaking"
"I'm speaking and using hypnosis"
I'm implanting thoughts using hypnosis
I have implanted an Obsession
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Words: 375060
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2011, 12:05 am
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Miro on October 21st, 2011, 11:48 pm

Post fail
Last edited by Miro on October 21st, 2011, 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Miro on October 21st, 2011, 11:49 pm

Miro smiled and nodded as the explanation went on. Secrets? Miro had none. There were however two things that came to mind he would rather not anybody have to experience. "Would he be able to...NO!" Miro clenched his eyes shut and tears came to his eyes. The color of his eyes dulled down, diluted with a whitish color. His res transmuted to water and fell to the floor at his feet. He was not one to keep secrets, and it seemed that he could find him with his power. It was impressive, but unnecessary. Never again did he wish to relive that moment in time. Thinking about it, understanding it, seeing it, all of it was pointless unless he wanted to lose control. Letting Alric see what happened when he lost control would end badly. Showing him how to set him off could also end badly. Whatever the case Alric deserved to know.

"Alric, I am sorry to tell you that a trance will not be happening with me. To be frank with you, and I really do hope this does not cause you to run...I have something I have never spoke of. Well, two things I have never spoke of." Miro looked around to make sure nobody could hear him. He spoke in a soft voice now. "I killed my mother when I was young. I don't know what happened. She was the only person I ever had known, and one moment she was directing me in a magic lesson..." Miro began to whimper a bit. Tears rolled down his cheeks. "And the next I was kneeling above her. Her body was torn apart. I was covered in her blood. I looked down at my hands, the black nails were coated crimson..I could not even bear to look at her face. I...I would have been dead if not for Kinneas. I could not have been more than twelve. I didn't know how to take care of myself. I just sat there alone. Hungry and alone for the first time in my life. The sun rose and fell and all I could do was wait to die. Lhex had a plan for me though." Miro wiped the tears from his eyes. The story upset him a lot, but finally saying what had happened out loud allowed him to deal with it.

"More recently, something else had happened. In my adventures under the city, I found a man who saved me. He asked my help to defeat a woman who would have sent me to my death. They both fought with illusions. It seemed whatever they imagined came to reality. I tried to break concentration of his foe, but she tricked me. I was deceived into leaving my ally open for attack. He is dead now. But I will avenge him. He did so much for me and taught me a lot. I do have a suggestion for you though. You see people knowing you as a weakness. It limits your control apparently. I take it manipulating people is not so easy when they know what you are doing. But does this not give you more reason to work through this handicap? Why do we not explore how this is possible. I can tell you now, if you were able to do that trance thing and bring up either of those memories, it would effect me greatly. I would snap and lose control. Or maybe fall into a deep depression. If you could manage this without a persons will, you would give yourself a great advantage. If I am in this trance, can I learn of your techniques? I do not wish to let you unearth any hidden things, but I would like to progress in understanding. I am very conflicted. You say that you can get around blocks made? Do you think you could perhaps help me to control my anger and sadness? I am scared of what might happen if I release control, but I am more afraid of being afraid to learn. Things often aren't gained without risk."
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alric Wilmot on October 22nd, 2011, 6:17 am

Alric's jaw dropped at Miro's heartfelt confession of past mistakes. They had been friends but a mere few minutes, and he had already seen fit to share such personal information? Again, Alric was baffled. He supposed Miro was simply bypassing the trance with his teary confession. But still, to just share that, without taking his chances at Alric simply missing it altogether? It was now painfully obvious to Alric that Miro was far more mentally unbalanced than he had previously thought.

Alric, however, was hardly frightened anymore. The novelty of the outbursts had left, leaving only Alric's desire to learn behind. After his earlier hypothesis was proven correct, that Miro really was bi-polar, he studied Miro's words. He began contemplating Miro's suggestion to power through Hypnotism's great weakness. Alric was intrigued, of course. But he shook his head in disapproval. There was simply no way he could just work through that by willpower. It just... was not possible. It was like, trying to walk on water, with willpower alone.

However, when Miro began asking if Alric could reduce his bi-polar tendencies,(well, he didn't use those words, but that was what he meant.) he perked up. He knew, for a fact, that he was fully capable of this. After helping so many people, he knew that this was within his abilities. Although, Miro seemed as though he was adamant about learning hypnotism. Alric would have to tell him that learning hypnotism wasn't really aided by any happenstance hypnosis. Although, Alric mused, it might be possible to use it to speed up the initiation process.

"Well, Miro, I am honored that you feel so comfortable around me so as to reveal such deep secrets of your own volition. However, I must clear some things up. To bypass hypnosis's weaknesses with force, is simply not possible. It would be like trying to subtly gouge out someone's eyeball. That is simply not how it works. However, as far as helping you control your outbursts. That is entirely within my power. So, if you are willing, I can do that. Then, afterwards, we can begin your initiation. It is quite obvious you wish to learn, but I'll tell you up-front, being hypnotized for just anything won't really make you a better hypnotist, or even speed up the process. Although, I might be able to use a more specific suggestion to speed it up. I'll leave the choices up to you."
Last edited by Alric Wilmot on October 25th, 2011, 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm Speaking"
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Miro on October 25th, 2011, 4:03 am

"To subtly gouge an eye out? Would it anger you for me to give an easy answer? Have you ever had a nightmare so intensely horrifying that you are frozen in fear. To just see the vision of a hand reaching with fingers outstretched..slowly moving towards your eye. You are too scared to move, too scared to scream...too scared to stop it. The hand could move as slowly as it needed given the right amount of fear. Knowing, finally realizing true power is scary. To be faced with your mortality and sit in the moments watching death come at you. That is what you need to learn it seems." Miro seemed to blurt this out. He had so much he needed to know. He saw so much potential into this art he knew nothing about, and yet his mind flew away with grand idealistic insight. He spoke as if he knew such things were possible. Not only possible, but easy. Miro wanted not to be hypnotized, but the knowledge that came with such an experience. He wanted the rush of fighting against a magic, even if Alric explained that it would be easy. He hadn't even a description of how this power worked.

Now his mind was decided. He needed to know how this power worked before any demonstration were to happen. Alric could stand a chance of altering Miro entirely. If Miro were to check his technique, his plan, he could be in a better position. Even if Miro could not decide if his plan was flawed with certainty, he could feel a bit less worried. And if he knew what he were doing, learning and remembering the technique would prove useful. This ability, the initiation, the whole hypnotism beast. Miro needed to slay it and call it his own. The initiation would start, however altered and sped up. From there he would learn of what to do, perhaps gaining a better grasp on the power that sat before him.

"Alric, I have decided. You will show me this initiation and teach me the power. After that we will discuss this control later. Forgive me for being so weary, but I do not even know this power. Also, you are doing me a grand favor. I will repay you in some way. Do you know of the disciplines of magic known as flux or reimancy? I can teach you to harness them...though...be warned they will not come at a cheap price. Discipline and pain are required in bulk for gaining a good understanding. So please, please, this initiation..this suggestion thing, where do we begin with it all?"
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alric Wilmot on October 25th, 2011, 6:31 pm

Alric nearly rolled his eyes at Miro's little example of subtlety. Still, he wouldn't bother to comment further. If he wanted to believe that hypnosis was this overwhelming power, why not let him? Indeed, most Hypnotists would jump at the chance to spread the rumors of their power. Hypnosis was unique in that the more you believed in its power, the more power it had over you-

Alric nearly slapped himself, So... that was what Miro had meant, interesting. Alric now realized that this Miro was wiser than what he had given him credit for. Indeed, if someone thought hypnosis could control them, then it most likely could. It would never work on the stronger willed of course, but on those with little intelligence, or those who knew little of hypnosis, Alric could influence their thoughts into believing that he was the overwhelming force that most people mistook hypnosis for.

Alric decided that it would be best if, in the future, he did not discount Miro's suggestions. As he decided this, Miro disclosed his desire to preform the initiation first. However, it was what came afterwords that intrigued Alric the most. Flux, and Reimancy, he had heard of them. And he was most interested in learning them.

"Why, actually I'd love to learn them. And, while I appreciate your concern, I have a rather healthy constitution. I'm sure, no matter the pain, that I could make it through. I am also quite sure I can get you through your initiation relatively quickly as well. And as for where we start..."
Alric looked about the room seeing if he could spot a mirror, or another reflective surface, not seeing one, he turned to Miro. " We need a reflective surface, any will do. Do you have one in your house?"
"I'm Speaking"
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Miro on October 25th, 2011, 10:39 pm

To Alric's comment about being able to handle the pain Miro just smiled. He knew that nobody and everybody could handle the pain. Nobody would shake it off as a mere tickle, the pain was unbearable. And yet, though it is unbearable, one must do just that. Miro silently walked over to a corner and sat facing it with his legs crossed. He planted his hands on the wall and began to pour res. He allowed it to flow up above his head on both walls and down under his body even behind him. Slowly, the res poured out as a thick water and found its way to make an even coating where it seemed to solidify. After a long few chimes of leisurely coating the building Miro found it sufficient and transmuted the res. A shiny coat of thick cool ice laid on the wall. Miro stared at it and saw his reflection staring back. He saw the desire in his eyes and couldn't fight it any longer. He dropped his back to the cool ice and began to move around in pleasure. "Sorry Alric, I hope this is fine. I love ice so much. So now, it is reflective...and very very comfortable." Miro lifted his shirt off his body and tossed it across the room onto the couch. He pressed his bare back to the floor. Lifting his head to Alric again he smiled. "Sorry, sorry..So what now? I am ready for your help and stuff!" Miro placed his hands down on the floor and lifted his feet in the air. He spun himself in a circle with his hands and laughed. He slipped onto his back and awaited Alric's direction.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alric Wilmot on October 26th, 2011, 12:09 am

Alric silently awed at Miro's quick creation. As Miro declared his joy and his readiness, Alric walked towards the corner of the house where Miro and the ice mirror resided. He touched the mirror, not really trusting it to be real. But real it was. So, ice really could be made by reimancy. How interesting. Alric was getting fairly excited himself now. His new friend, no matter how strange, was certainly skilled. Alric was quite sure that this partnership would well be worth his time and effort. Indeed, even the newly conjured mirror seemed to be eager to begin.

"Alright, Miro, let us start your initiation. First thing's first, sit up straight, and stare at your reflection. Do your best not to blink. It's okay if you do, but it goes faster if you blink infrequently, and slowly when you do it. The key here is an open mind. Stare into the mirror, and do everything I tell you to do."

Alric took a deep breath as he waited for Miro to do as he asked. This was going to take a lot of energy. He was going to do his best to use hypnosis to coach and guide Miro through the initiation within a reasonable time. He was nervous of course. His own initiation had taken 27 hours, and he had learned that was actually a relatively quick one. Alric sent a heart felt prayer to Eyris for understanding and the know-how to get Miro through faster than that.

When Miro had done as he had asked, he began to give instruction. "Now, we are going to slowly go through your body and relax each and every part of it. Trust me, the more comfortable you are, the better I'll be able to hypnotize you. Now, I want you to bend your right hand back at the wrist and briefly hold the tension. Now relax. Now do the same thing with the left hand. Hold the tension and then relax it.

Now, this time tighten both hands into fists and hold the tension. Feel it spread up the arms towards the elbows, and relax it. Bend both arms at the elbows and raise your hands up towards your shoulders. Tighten up the muscles in the biceps. Hold it, then let it go. Now for your forehead raise your eyebrows up as far as you can and hold the tension. Hold it, and release it.

For your eyes, squeeze the eyelids tightly together. Hold the tension, now relax. You're really getting the hang of this aren't you? For your jaw you just bite down and clamp your teeth together. Feel the tension along the jaw, and relax.

Good. Now, for your neck, just bend your head forward as if trying to touch your chin to your chest. Feel the tension along the back of the neck. For your shoulders, just raise them up as high as you can and notice the tension. Now let them drop all at once and- well you get the idea. For your chest you need to do two things. Take a deep breath and hold it while at the same time trying to touch your shoulder blades together by pulling your arms back. Hold it for a minute before releasing. Now, go ahead and close your eyes. Count to ten, and when you're done, open your eyes and tell me you're ready."

Alric took another deep breath, as soon as Miro declared himself ready, Alric would actually begin to guide him using hypnosis. He could only pray that it would actually work.
"I'm Speaking"
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Miro on October 26th, 2011, 11:22 pm

Miro listened closely while staring into the mirror. He wasn't sure why he needed it, but he did look good in the ice. He smiled gently towards himself and could see the happiness spread over his face. Alric had brought out the best in him and managed to prove nearly as strange as Miro. He waited for a moment thinking about when he started to describe himself as weird then focused on his image staring back at him. It was time to start the initiation now! He straightened his back and focused on Alric's words.

He went over a mental check for each thing he said paying close attention. "Don't blink a lot, got it. An open mind, stare into the mirror, listen and do what he says." Miro closed his mind off from everything but the image of him that sat staring back at him. His face was blank, yet he looked somewhat alert and proper. Once he had done what was asked of him Alric continued. Alric told him he would relax, so he did his best to let his tensed muscles relax. He felt slightly more calm now. He listened as instructions for how to relax each part of his body came towards him. He bent his hand back at the wrist making his wrist tense. Finally he relaxed. Next he made fists following with relaxing his hands. The process moved up his arms. Miro was really starting to feel the relaxation take over. He could see himself looking more chill than usual. His eyes almost looked sleepy as they gazed back at him lazily. He relaxed his face, and neck. Alric sure was good at this. He felt very calm. It was not as if he were tired, yet his body seemed to think it was time to nap. His shoulders next, then his chest. By now his entire body started to numb down. There was no pain, no tension, it was as if his body was cut off from his mind. Alric wanted Miro to let him know when he was ready. He had forgotten how to talk by now, leaving him only capable of making a sound of acknowledgment. "Uhyeh." Miro would have nodded if not for the intense relaxation. All he saw now was a man staring at him. His mouth open, he eyes casually staring into his. Unable to think for himself now he waited patiently for direction.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alric Wilmot on October 27th, 2011, 12:26 am

Alric nodded at Miro's confirmation of his relaxation. He smiled. Now this was going to get interesting. Miro seemed to be a rather open-minded person naturally, and that would help Alric with his hypnosis. Alric observed Miro's expression, and found that Miro was in a prime state to manipulate. Hopefully, that would be enough to actually shorten the initiation time.

Alric kneeled down near Miro's ear,and began speaking again, this time infusing his words with manipulative Djed. He spoke to Miro, barely using a whisper. The Djed pushed onto Miro's mind, soothing it, and calming it. It was sweet and attractive, and non-forceful. It worked best, when the victims took it in themselves.

"Good, you are now absolutely, completely relaxed. My every word is heavy, so heavy, you feel as though you are going to topple over at any moment. You won't, of course, you're too strong for that. Instead, you seem to be in a place between sleep and consciousness. Forced there, by those heavy words that I spew. It takes all your energy to sit there, and you can only look straight ahead. You can only stare ahead, and see your own beleaguered eyes."

Alric stopped talking then, but he still kept pushing at Miro's mind. He used Miro's desire to learn everything next. He sent into Miro's mind a hypnotic suggestion, to help along the process further.'find everything in the mirror. find all you've ever wanted to know.'Alric then began to transfer his djed into thoughts, and implanted them into Miro's mind. "Every secret, you ever worked towards, is in that mirror. Stare into it, and find them."

Alric knew that the key to finding the ability to exert your will and charisma, to expand your area of influence, required you to find no meaning within the mirror. However, from experience, Alric found the greatest way to accomplish that goal, was to find everything you ever wanted, and find it empty and lacking. He could only hope Miro's mind was as strong as his personality, or Miro might lose his will and drive. He did not dwell on that thought though. If he could go through it relatively unscathed, then Miro surely would. Wouldn't he?

In any case, Alric waited for a few seconds to see if Miro took to his machinations. If he had, he would proceed to take away the meaning within the mirror.
"I'm Speaking"
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets