[Avian Manor] A Vain Meeting (Alric&Miro)

two of Alvadas's most eccentric residents meet for the first time.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Alric Wilmot on September 28th, 2011, 2:14 am

21st Day of Fall 511 AV

Alric was strolling along whilst whistling. For the first time in a long time, Alric received no hateful glares. Of course, that was mostly due to the fact that he was the sole occupant of this particular road.

He was enjoying himself this particular day. Alvadas had been extremely uncooperative as of late. Luckily, Alric had nothing really interesting to do today. So, Alvadas had nothing to do. Since, Alric had nothing to do, he was enjoying his favorite hobby, walking. It was always an adventure walking through the city. Mostly because no matter what path Alric took, he would always come across a new building, garden, or structure.

Still, he was growing rather bored. Alvadas usually took him through highly populated areas. This day, however, he had yet to meet a single thinking being. He briefly wondered if Ionu was actively playing with him today, instead pf delegating the task to Alvadas. He thought it made much more sense than Alvadas suddenly changing character. Still, he only had a hunch.

As these thoughts ran through his head, Alric became distracted by a flare coming from the grounds of a nearby house. It stuck out rather badly from the other houses. It was rundown, and looked about as bad as the Wilmot Manor. Only, it didn't seem as clean. Alric saw another flare burst forth not two seconds later. Alric, his curiosity piqued, decided to see what the strange flares were all about.

He walked towards the Manor's gate and gave a resounding knock.
"I'm Speaking"
"I'm speaking and using hypnosis"
I'm implanting thoughts using hypnosis
I have implanted an Obsession
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Words: 375060
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2011, 12:05 am
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Miro on October 1st, 2011, 1:30 am

Miro had woke up feeling a bit antsy. He dressed, and walked to the courtyard. He began making three ice balls, thick and just the right size to be thrown with precision. Next, Miro began to make three larger less dense balls, close to the size of his head. He transmuted them to ice and prepared himself for a moment. He took a smaller ball, placing it at his side and took both his hands around a larger one. He took and threw it as hard as he could into the air above him. Instantly he started to pool djed into the entirety of his right arm, while grabbing the ball at his side with his left. He switched it to the other arm as he lined up his target. He pitched the ball upwards, using the Flux increase its power, but missed. He dodged back, almost getting hit by the falling projectile that shattered at his feet. Ice shards scattered across the floor around him.

Miro decided to take another shot at it. This time he would do better, he had to get the hang of throwing properly. He took a moment to sit down, ignoring the cold that lay below his rump. He crossed his legs and pressed his hands together. He forced them against each other, trying to apply a large amount of equal force. His hands shook tremendously, slipping and moving as he tried to equalize pressure. He clenched his eyes shut, gritting his teeth. He cleared his mind as best as he could, envisioning the force moving between them like a stream. As it stood now, it was a torrent of rushing water. Breathing deeply he eased the tension in his arms. The shaking slowed, but it was still there. He slowly increased the force, steadily getting closer to equilibrium. The shaking was slight, the river in his mind was a quick moving stream. "Better, but not perfect. Focus Miro...still the movement, freeze the stream in place. Equal, perfectly balanced power. Strong yet calm, resolute and unwavering." His hands came to a gentle balance, finding that steady powerful calm. He opened his eyes and released his meditative state. His eyes were deep icy blue and his mind was sharp.

He took another large ball and tossed it into the sky far above his head. He quickly reached down and grabbed a ball. He flowed his djed into his arm and aimed carefully. The sun hit the ball that lay in the sky making a bright target. Miro followed it to the peak of the throw where it hung in the air. He let his projectile go, whipping it hard into the sky. A moment later, it struck its target, scattering brightly lit shards of ice in the air above him. Miro smiled and covered his face as the ice hailed down upon him. He grinned and grabbed the last ball, tossing it too. This time, he launched the ball at the target while it still moved upwards, hitting and shattering it. He ducked to the floor, covering his face from the raining ice.

Soon after, Miro heard a knock at his door. He rushed to answer it. Before him sat a man, one who Miro did not recognize. His appearance was interesting, and what business he had here was a mystery. Miro smiled down at him with ice shards still in his hair and on his clothing. Before the man could say anything Miro began greeting him. "Hiya! Please, come in. Make yourself at home." He ushered the man in, pulling him into his home. Miro walked over to the couch in the common area and sat down. "So, what brings such a fine guest to my home today?"
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Alric Wilmot on October 1st, 2011, 3:47 am

Alric had barely tapped the door before a man came to answer it. Alric jumped a bit he was so startled at the swiftness of the man. Standing at 5'10, he seemed quite... average looking. He had a light frame and pale skin, which contrasted with his dark black hair. This thought was reinforced by the man's lethal looking black fingernails. Alric also noticed gleaming pieces of... something in his hair and clothing. Alric thought, for just a moment, that the man was a Symenestra. However, that thought was soon dashed.

Before Alric could say anything, the man began greeting him. "Hiya! Please, come in. Make yourself at home." He ushered Alric in, pulling him into his home. Alric was startled at first, thinking he had finally met his end. However, that seemed to not be the case. No, this... not Symenestra that's for sure. This, person, was obviously just glad to have company. As Alric was pulled along, he noticed some water drip onto his shirt. Tracing where it fell, Alric noticed that the sparkling substance from earlier was ice. Most curious.

The man walked over to the couch in the common area and sat down. "So, what brings such a fine guest to my home today?"

Alric was a little, stunned. In all his life he had never met a person as abrupt, to the point, and friendly as this man here. Alric nearly split his face in half his smile grew so big. This person, covered in Ice, with a frame like a seasoned combatant, seemed more inviting than even his own father. This was going to be interesting.

"Well, Sir, I happened to notice flares coming from the vicinity of this particular manor. I was so intrigued, I came over to see what the commotion was about. So, if I might be so bold, may I ask what you were doing?"

Alric had thought about using his hypnotism to influence the man to tell the truth. However, that thought only lasted a second. This man, seemed rather foreword. Alric was fairly sure that using hypnotism would be quite unnecessary. Why use it when you didn't need to?

Alric, only just now realizing he wanted to know the man's name, reached out a hand in welcome.

"Where are my manners? Those darn things are always running away. My name is Alric Evelyn Wilmot, may I ask yours?"
"I'm Speaking"
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Miro on October 3rd, 2011, 10:34 pm

Miro laughed as he thought of what training must have looked like to others. He sent a slight smirk as he tried to explain what it was. "Well you see, that was ice that you saw. I was using magic to make a target and a projectile. And using another magic to throw the attacks. It was training. I hope you weren't harmed. I did miss a few, who knows where they could have landed." just as he was finishing his story the man decided to go on with an introduction. "Very nice to meet you Alric, I am Miro, this is my home."[b] Miro smiled and leaned on his couch. He gave a slight wave above his head, then laid his arm to rest at his side. [b]"So, you seem to be vey interesting, Alric. You have a feel about you I quite like. Almost as if you are too kind. But there is something else there. Perhaps it is the reason for why you are so kind. I didn't know the city had types as formal as you. Please, tell me about you. What does a man like you do in Alvadas? I don't seem to think you to be a performer, nor do I see you as a fighter, as I am." Miro leaned forward, wondering how somebody could seem to stand out so much in a city of such vibrant colors. He was not plain at all, and yet he seemed rise above the crowds of people who constantly strove to get your attention. Miro's smirk turned into a grin. Who this person was remained a mystery, but he was sent here by Lhex's hand, that he was sure of.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alric Wilmot on October 3rd, 2011, 11:25 pm

Alric thought over Miro's question. About who he was and what he did. Alric found it strange that men defined each other by what they did or what they did not do. Even if they were right, it just did not seem to be all that important. Take Miro, for example, (what a wonderfully easy to remember name!) he could tell right off the bat that Alric wasn't a fighter. He could also tell that he wasn't a performer. Even Alric had noticed Miro's fighting physique before it was revealed. He wondered why appearances were so integral to identity. This wasn't new of course, Alric had been attempting to understand this phenomenon ever since he was a child. In fact, that was the reason he payed homage to Ionu, and why he wore a mask. Appearances shape one's perception of reality.

"Well, I was raised here, so I am here for the most part because I lack the ability to leave just yet. Of course, I really lack the motivation to do so at the moment. I have a rather humble goal I believe, but it has driven my every action ever since I could talk. I wish to learn, I wish to learn everything humanly possible, more actually, and until such a time as Alvadas begins to hide its greater secrets, or it lies beyond my ability to understand the city further, I cannot leave. I simply don't have it in me. I'll leave eventually I suppose, but not for a while.

And, you are quite right in your assumptions based on my appearance. Amusing isn't it? We are taught all our lives not to judge by appearance alone, and yet we do so? Even stranger, we are often correct in those assumptions. Well, I find it amusing anyway. I'm a..."
Alric paused, was he really going to reveal that he was a hypnotist? He might not need that particular ability right now, but what if Miro was only putting on a show? What if he was altering his apperance to project the jovial man that Alric saw in front of him? If Alric needed to escape for any reason, he would be unable to fight Miro, he was sure of that. Hypnotism was his only defense. Would he really give that up? After a brief pause, Alric decided to take his chances. It was true that the eyes were easily fooled and sometimes lied, but his own eyes were more honest than most, and he felt he could trust this man. Besides, it wasn't in Alric to tell a bold-faced lie.

"I am, a hypnotist. I use hypnosis to cure people of addictions, bad tempers, poor memories, and other stranger things. I run a booth down at the bizzare. It only costs one Miza, so if you ever need a help with anything come see me sometime. The booth is located right outside the large drinking establishment and is called, Alric's Hypnotic Cures!. You can't miss it."

Alric was still quite excited, despite the fact that it had occurred to him that Miro may wish him ill-intent. Although he now saw such a notion as odd. If he wanted Alric dead he would have attacked him right away, not tell him his name. Still, now that he had revealed his profession, he was curious as to Miro's. Of course, that wasn't all he was curious about.

"Excuse me Miro, but might I ask you a few questions as well? What magical discipline produces ice? I don't know of many magical disciplines, but I am unaware of an ice creating magic. The closest thing I can think of is Reimancy, and that only produces water. Also, what kind of jobs does a fighter like yourself aquire?"
"I'm Speaking"
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Miro on October 18th, 2011, 3:52 am

Miro smiled with a growing excitement. The man was fun already, and they had only met. He had a style about his every word and movement, and it sung of character. Miro nodded vigorously listening with intense care to the words being chosen. It seemed that it was not even the word choice, but the way they were presented, his presence as a whole that made Miro so enveloped in what he had to say. His goals, they were right up Miro's alley. The lack of motivation? It made Miro chuckle in his mind, as he too found himself lacking motivation much of the time. Of course there was the reason for him being bound to this city. The illusion, all of the mysteries it held. Would he tell him of his adventure under the city? He could not decide now, for there was little time to think when one is listening.

Alric continued on, making Miro's smile widen. A lot could be taken from one's appearance, and often in fighting it is that gamble that wins or loses a fight. As Alric halted his sentence briefly Miro's eyebrow raised. His thoughts paused and his heart stopped in response to the sudden suspense. "I am....a...HYPNOTIST." The sentence let forward and Miro's eyes flickered in a sudden chain of colors. First they snapped forth with a bright yellow, which slowly faded into a deep green, then finally an orange tint took hold. The feelings blurred out what Alric was saying, it was rude, but what he had to say couldn't be more important than the lesson his mother had taught him. At first he was excited to hear of a magic he knew of. Then remembering what it was capable of caused him to become jealous for a moment, wishing he had the power. Finally it hit him, the warning. His eyes were still orange, a slightly shocked Miro recalled a warning giving by him from his mother. "Hypnotists are very powerful. Not like me, who demonstrates their power for all to see. Instead they have a secret power. When you meet a hypnotist you wont know he has power over you until after you have done what he wants." The lesson was much longer, but it was so long ago he could not recall more. He knew not what a hypnotist might do, but Miro had found himself very drawn to this person. Was he doing this? It was entirely possible, and just as likely. There was only one thing that bothered him. He would not have known to take suspicion if he had not told him. Miro's eyes faded down letting the color drain out taking on a much lighter color. A very whitish blue color was left in Miro's eyes, giving a very serious gaze at the man.

"Alric we have a lot in common, you and I. I am a magic user as well. This city is amazing...well what we see of it is. I have heard warning of a hypnotists powers. Would you like to tell me if you are using it or not? If you try to do anything to me, well, for some strange reason..you may find I can..snap." Miro smiled once more, gaining a smirk that bared his sharp fangs. He stood up and walked over beside Alric. "I like you Alric, so far you have not given me one reason to suspect you. Please forgive me for being a bit cautious of that which I am unfamiliar with. Perhaps we can help each other in the desire to know everything. Would it interest you to know that Alvadas is not all on display. I had a chance to see the underground of Alvadas. A hole that took me into a forest of illusions. A lot of powerful stuff went on down there. In the end...I made a huge mistake. I am in search of a great power. I have this as a reminder." Miro motioned to the bracelet that he had wrapped around his left wrist. "This city is a lot more dangerous than you could imagine. Are you in fact...powerful?"
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alric Wilmot on October 19th, 2011, 1:56 pm

Alric was hardly ever frightened of people. He had come across ill-tempered dhani, blood-thirsty symenestra, and conversed with bi-polar Akalaks. However, this man's, Miro, honestly sent a shiver down his spine. The kind way in which Alric had been welcomed was so starkly contrasted with his vague threat of violence. It was quite chilling, befitting the ice that slowly melted off of him, and onto the wooden floor. Alric truly did fear for his life on occasions like this. A warrior, who had him in a prvate place, with no witnessess. Alric had always managed to out of those situations, but usually those people he escaped were far more annoying and rambunctious, than scary and collected. Also, Alric was reconsidering his statement that the man was not a Symenestra. He noticed Miro's larger than average canines, fangs, as it were. In addition, he briefly wonderd if Miro had always had such blue eyes.

"This city is a lot more dangerous than you could imagine. Are you in fact...powerful?"

Alric had to blink at the conclusion of Miro's words. He had never before been asked that question. Although he felt as if he knew the answer.

"Well, Miro, um... to answer all of your questions, in order: I am not using my powers on you. I do use them rather flippantly I suppose, but you were so accomodating I thought using them on you would be a...a waste. And to your second question, no. I am far from powerful. Although, if what you said is true, about an inner illusion within Alvadas kept hidden from most, and that it is swarming with power... i suppose it would be in my best interest to become powerful."
Alric, at the thought of pursuing knowledge, suddenly lost much of his trepedation and fear. His usual confidant tone, resumed. "In fact, I would quite like a companion on my road to knowledge. I would very much like to help you. That is, if you in return help me.

Alric rose from his own chair then, not quite smiling, but giving off a confidant smirk, seemingly forgeting the fear he felt just moments ago. He stretched out his hand, in a gesture not meant to welcome, but to solidify what may be the begining of a very life-changing agreement.
"I'm Speaking"
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Miro on October 19th, 2011, 6:26 pm

Miro had turned his back awaiting a response from the man. It was not something he did often, as it was rude and left an opening for anybody he didn't trust, but this was different. Showing his back left his emotions a secret to the man. He would not see a smile, nor would he get a chance to see the shine in Miro's eyes as the answers came forth. With one motion Miro turned and put his hands on the back of his head, leading his elbows outwards. Something even more rare was the look on Miro's face. A full toothy grin shot forward, so large that it seem to take up most of his face, causing his eyes to squint a bit. He rustled one hand through his hair and let the other come to rest beside him. "When you say things like that I have to wonder...can you read minds..or perhaps Lhex truly does love me. A fated meeting in which we will both gain power and knowledge." Miro laughed slightly at the thought of fate fueling his power. The familiar feeling of realizing the potential gain sitting before him took a firm hold on his mind. "I can do much for you my brother, if in return you teach me what it is you know. Never forget that one can not truly say they are powerful unless they believe that they can take on any foe." Miro laughed very hard seeming to draw his attention away from the man, seeming to talk to himself more than anything. "...So I guess that is why I become more powerful when I am angry. I am no stronger, no faster, nor any smarter. But I fear no mortal and even no god. That certainty is key to achieving the limits of your being. Knowing, not thinking you can do something will bring you victory." Miro stopped feeling awkward suddenly. His attention returned to Alric. His eyes faded to purple as they made contact with Alric's. "I am sorry for my rambling. I am quite eager to start this..partnership. Have you any questions?" Miro walked over to the closer of the two couches and took a seat. He gently crossed his legs and adjusted for comfort. Finally he had returned to a more proper respectful mood and his trust was firmer than ever that this man would only be a hand on his back pushing him forward towards greatness.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alric Wilmot on October 20th, 2011, 9:30 pm

"When you say things like that I have to wonder...can you read minds..or perhaps Lhex truly does love me. A fated meeting in which we will both gain power and knowledge."

Alric was left with his hand stuck out unshaken. It seemed Miro was quite happy at this turn of events. And while Alric did not particularly share in Miro's mirth, he supposed it truly was a scheme of Lhex. How truly coincidental was it that two men of such eccentric tastes would meet like this?

"I can do much for you my brother, if in return you teach me what it is you know. Never forget that one can not truly say they are powerful unless they believe that they can take on any foe."

Alric wasn't quite sure what to make of his new partner's monologue. On one hand he was glad for his willingness to teach, and on the other he seemed quite insane. Alric was glad he was so passionate about his quest for power, but to limit his definition of powerful in such a way? In that way, Alric believed Miro would have to become a god to obtain such power.

"...So I guess that is why I become more powerful when I am angry. I am no stronger, no faster, nor any smarter. But I fear no mortal and even no god. That certainty is key to achieving the limits of your being. Knowing, not thinking you can do something will bring you victory."

Alric's hesitation at his new partner's long-winded speech dropped off at this. If there was one thing Alric could agree on, it was the power of understanding. Indeed, knowledge was power. Alric, realizing that Miro would not be shaking his hand retracted it and straightened himself. He refused to slouch, not in the presence of a man with so much charisma. He remained silent, listening to Miro with a small smirk on his face. The novelty had worn off, and the reality had sunk in. Alric was no longer alone on his quest, and he was no longer the only man he had to teach. Now, he had a pupil, and a teacher, that would bring his dreams one step closer to fruition.

"I am sorry for my rambling. I am quite eager to start this..partnership. Have you any questions?"

Alric rose an eyebrow. That was a strange way to end his speech, although it did seem to fit Miro's erratic personality. Alric thought about it for a moment, trying to see what he should ask first. But really, only one thought came to mind.

"When do we start?"

OOCSorry for the late post. >_<
"I'm Speaking"
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Miro on October 21st, 2011, 12:10 am

"When do we start?" Miro knew exactly when and where he wanted to start with all of this. From the moment he heard the word hypnotist he knew he needed to know of this magic. Would a demonstration of his power be too much to ask? Friends use magic on friends, don't they? It was all in fun, and Miro loved fun. Miro was so excited he began to shake slightly. One would probably not notice this, but a blind man could see the excitement on his face. He took one hand in the other and began gripping them together. He felt the fires of excitement heating his soul to a boiling point. Finally the words spilled out of his mouth, even if they were a bit jumbled. "Start NOW. You en I er, yeah, uhh, HYPNOTISM!" Miro slapped his head and leaned forward again, still as excited as ever. "You use hypnotism! We are friends now, show me how it works! If you use it on me, I will know what it feels like and how it works. Pleeeaase show me!" He look at the man, almost expecting to be denied. His eyes began to well up as if he were going to cry, yet his face still shone with eagerness. The shade of his eyes had long since faded to a darker blue, and a faint whine could be heard, as if he were begging like an animal.

This display was a bit pathetic, and only showed how quickly he had become comfortable around the stranger. Miro, for the sake of making this an exchange of lessons began to produce res from both of his hands. Though not always the smartest thing to do when an unfamiliar magic going to be forced on him. Especially a magic like hypnotism, where an already unfocused mind would become tainted with unnatural feelings and thoughts. This thought did not come to mind however, and neither did the risks of having res on hand that one was not keeping focus on. The one thing that Miro did think was in relation to how excited he was to learn a lesson in magic. Apparently so excited that the basics instilled in him during childhood slipped his mind.

OOCI love how you said sorry for the late post. Now when people go back and check the date of your 'late post' and see it was posted the next day they will feel slow. Good job, it makes me smile. :P
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next