Practice and Knowledge (Solo Medicine)

Taithrosa spends the day as a student in medicine.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on October 11th, 2011, 4:01 am

31 Day of Autumn 511

Taithrosa had returned to Mura and his beloved Kail, but at the same time he had also returned to his studies as a student member of the Opal Order. He had retired to his and Kails home and was resting just before dawn when he heard a knock. He opened his eyes and looked at the door. Kail was still asleep by him. He stood up and moved to the door before they could knock again. He opened the door and looked out into the space beyond. The Ethaefel was hard to miss, since he was slightly glowing. His cooper hair and golden horns seeming to give off a gentle light. A fellow student of the order was standing there.

"Master Eldytia, you have been summoned to help healer Halia." Taithrosa nodded his head, and closed the door, and slipped on the rest of his clothing. He slipped out of the door after giving Kail a kiss. He looked at the student and nodded.

"What appears to be the problem." The White skinned man asked provided a gentle light for them to walk by.

"There is a baby being born, and since that is one of the areas you are interested in. So you got voluntered." She said with a shrug.

"Lead the way." Taithrosa said with a wave of his large hand.
Do you think that you could ever, Through all eternity,
Find out the generation Where Gods began to be?
Or see the grand beginning, Where space did not extend?
Or view the last creation, Where Gods and matter end?
Me thinks the Spirit whispers, “No man has found ‘pure space,’
Nor seen the outside curtains, Where nothing has a place.”
~ If You Could Hie To Kolob
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Words: 173686
Joined roleplay: April 3rd, 2010, 3:33 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on October 12th, 2011, 4:48 am

They soon found there way through the town to one of the houses along the edges of Mura. It was a simple place larger then the one he shared with Kail, it appeared to be the home of someone settled in life. He was motioned inside by the konti who had fetched him.

It only took him a moment to get to the chamber were the birthing was taking place. The room was strangle crowded . Taithrosa suspected that there were a number of female relatives gathered around. He could tell which one was the the healer and physician from the order. She was dressed in the usual white shimmering robes with the black under clothing. She looked at him her shimmering scales along her face.

"Good you are here." she said and looked around the room. He to noticed that it was rather difficult to move around the place. She looked at him and motioned for him to get to work.

"Ladies we need to clear the room." He said looking around. "We could use the mother's help of course." There were several suprised stares in his direction. He stood there glowing. His pale beautiful skin presenting a different image of him then normal during the day. His wild hair was its copper color, and his horns were a metallic golden. The crowd slowlly disperesed leaving only the healers and the mother of the konti woman giving birth.

Taithrosa walked over to the healer and got an update on were they were. She was actually in the early part of labor, but her contractions were coming at regular intervals. Taithrosa remembered his lessons as she explained how dialated she was. It was her first baby so that ment that she could be at it for a while. Then again she could suprise them and be faster.

Taithrosa cleaned his hands so that he would be ready for what ever was coming. He got a funny look from the mother. "What exactly are you." She asked as he moved to help the woman stand to walk around the room. The liquid silver eyes looked up at the woman. "An Ethaelfel."
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on October 23rd, 2011, 5:15 am

The mother nodded her head in acceptance of the answer. She clearly still didn't know what that ment. Taithrosa smiled at the woman and then turned back the labor at hand. The woman was in between contractions and was breathing slowlly from the pain her face clearly saying she wasn't looking forward to the next round.

Taithrosa stood by his teacher as she check over the mother to be. "Well we are in the waiting stages." She said standing up and montioned them take seat around the room. So the pattern was set for the morning. The only exciting part was when Taithrosa transitioned at sunrise. His horns faded and his skin darked from a self glowing to the saphire of his other form skin.

It was just before mid day when things began to quiken and spead up. Taithrosa had helped the woman stand and walk around the room so that they could help the process along. Currently Taithrosa was currently holding the new mother as they had just taken a walked around the room. Taithrosa helped her to lay back down on the bed and the contracts were coming together a lot closer.

The soon to be grandmother took her place up at the front of the bed and took her daughters hand. Taithrosa and his teacher took up postion at the other bottom of the bed, as they checked to see how dialated she was.
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on October 30th, 2011, 5:31 am

Taithrosa finished checking and looked up at his teacher. "I can feel the head she is ready." He said as he stood up and walked over to the clean water and began to clean his hands. He turned around and walked over and joined them. He looked at the woman who was working to bring new life into the world. "Okay were are coming towards the end. We are going to need you to push when we well you to." He told her as they moved her into position.

Some doctors liked the paticent to just lay on the bed, but he had been taught by the other that it went easier on the mother if you put them into positions that were more natural for them. So the helped her to sit up so that gravity helped to push the baby down.

Taithrosa began to count as the next contraction started. The two other women in the room helped comfort the woman as she contracted. He looked up and nodded his head when he was done. Each of them took there place and began to help her finished the project. Taithrosa took position at her side to help support her as she pushed. As the contractions occured he helped her by providing a count so that she knew when would be the best moment to push. Time seemed to loss meaning the reptativeness of the contractions and the pushing. Slowlly Taithrosa could see the head begining to crown.

Then it was passed the baby had come out and was in the arms of the midwife. A beautiful baby girl had joined the world and took her first breath. Her white skin with shimmering skalls began to get more color as she contiuned to breath. Taithrosa took the baby from the midwife and handed it to the woman as her mother looked on with pride.

The healers still had much to do while the family enjoyed the new little one. They needed to cut the ambilical cord and the placent or second birth still had to occur. Taithrosa stepped down and began to help with these easier part of the delivery. Soon the palcent had been delivered and cleaning began. Taithrosa cleaned his hands and arms and then worked on warming some water. He began to concot a tea that would work as a pain killer.

"Drink this." He said handing the drink over. "It will help ease the pain. Some I will leave your mother a supply so that you can have some over the next couple of days as healing begings." He said with a smile. "Alright here are your instructions for the next couple days." Between the two of them they covered everything she was supposed to and not supposed to do.

Finally Taithrosa smiled and left the house with his teacher.
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on November 3rd, 2011, 4:14 am

The Healing instructor in the the Opal Order walked beside Taithrosa as they left the building. "You did well." She said with a simple nod of her head. "I will admite some suprise in hearing that you were interested in learning about birth and gaining such skills, it isn't an area that the few Akalak healers we have really learn about."

Taithrosa smiled his lips turned up at one side. He put his hands behind his back as they walked and looked up at the afternoon sky. "Part of it has to do with the fact that I am not a true Akalak. I am an Ethaefel, a son of Leth, in my past life though I lived as an akalak in there lost city. I remember being a healer then, but I also remember so many more people, with a large number of Akalak children. Now though there aren't nearly as many I have learned that the Akalak are struggling to have more children. And so I have desided to learn more about birthing since I quickly noticed the akalaks seriously lacked that knowledge."

He contiuned to look at the sky as they walked along. He looked down at her. "Do you need any more help this morning." She thought for a moment and then shrugged. "I have some check ups to do and you can come and watch and learn." She said motioning him to follow her. "When you are the primary deliver for a birth, you will need to come back and check up on them. One of the big things to check up is if the mother is still bleeding. That can sometimes be what kills a mother."

He nodded his head as she contiuned with her lesson.
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on December 28th, 2011, 4:57 am

The etheafel listed as the teacher spoke. He was feeling a little tired this morning for the hard work, and for a brief moment felt that he needed to keep control and then quietly cursed the ghost present of the other soul that had onces lived with him. It was occasianlly weird to have that ghost presences with him.

Living a few centruies with another soul leaves an echo and a trace upon a person. He shook his head and looked over at his teacher as she contiuned there lesson. "A woman is in a dangerous stage here. Most women just naturally heal and everything is dandy, but sometimes that doesn't occur." She contiuned to describe what signs of bleeding were normal, and what signs were ones to worry about.

"In addition to helping the mother it is also important to watch the child just as much. This was a text book case. The baby was born and started breathing with out problem. But some times they don't start breathing so easily." She contiuned to describe how you could help the baby to start breathing.
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on June 18th, 2012, 2:06 am

Healing was a process were the learning never stopped. He listened intently as she continued to give him the basics of child birthing. It was one thing to learn about it while you were sitting at a desk, but the lessons just didn’t make sense until you were there watching it happening, seen the pain, the contractions, the baby with your own eyes and hold them with your own hands. He looked at the woman who was teaching him and asked a question. “I am interesting in helping with the birthing of Akalak children. I have been to Riverfall and they are struggling. I know that I am not a true Akalak anymore but a Son of Leth. I still feel the need to help them. Is it true that Konti are the best producers of Akalak sons as well as Konti Daughters?”

The teacher stopped for a moment. “Yes we are, but given the distances such relationships are rare, which is strange. We don’t interact a lot, and the mixed bloods are consider sacred children.” She paused. “Akalak reproduction is one of the most complicated of any species. Unlike Humans who some times seem to be rabbits Akalaks take some time to get their women pregnant. Once it has occurred for most races then it is a struggle to keep the woman strong enough to have the children while at the same time protecting the woman and child.” She paused and pointed to a plant. “That is a good one for fevers. It is called Valflaw, and its roots are ground into a tea.” Taithrosa paused and worked as she continued to speak. “Akalaks sons are carried for eighteen months which wears down the body, and when the babies are delivered it is usually a large child to a woman’s whose body is already worn out.”

“These don’t apply to Konti who only carry for a year regardless of race of father.” As Taithrosa pulled two of the plants up and pulling out his knife trimmed the roots. “Kelvic are also excellent bearers but that has more to do with there personality then physically, since the race is different based upon there animal half. Humans and Eypharian are the next most common race to bear children to Akalak. They struggle the most of all the races. I really don’t have many answers on how to help. Given our ease in having Akalak sons we never really studied the other races.”

Taithrosa stood up and hand over one of the roots and put the other in his own pouch. “Hmm maybe I will need to make a study of it.” He shook his head. “I wish I could remember more of what I had know before when I was alive before.”
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on June 27th, 2012, 10:16 pm

The woman looked at Taithrosa as he finished his venting. “You also worship Leth in addition to Rak’keli?” She asked out of now were. The blue skinned man blinked at the random question and nodded his head. “Leth is the god of change. The moon changes every night waxing and waning. As one who follows him you should be able to move with the changes. Rak’keli as the goddess of healing encourages people not to dwell on the pain and to move forward.” She said quietly as she stored the root away.

Taithrosa was quiet for a moment. He realized that there wasn’t anything he could really do to get the lost knowledge and skills back and to continue to complain about that wouldn’t be in keeping with either of the gods he worship. He hung his head before standing up and looking at the midwife with him. Sometimes it was easy to miss your own problems. He smiled at her.

“Konti’s can give birth on both land and sea. Many prefer to have their children in salt water but they don’t have to, its mostly makes it easier on the birthing mother and it helps removes pressures during the delivery.” So the lecture continued as they walked towards the Opal Temple. The lecture moved on from Konti to humans who were the largest race on Mizahar. He learned about the various races and there birthing trivia. Once they reached the temple she turned and looked at Taithrosa. "Once you have returned from Denval please come and see me I would like you to help me as my assistant. It will help you learn more about birthing and will give me some help."

Taithrosa nodded his head. "I would be honored."
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Cachet on November 15th, 2012, 1:36 am

Taith :
Taith
SKILLS
Medicine:4
Herbalism:2
Persuasion:2

LORE
Clearing a room peacefully
The Konti Birthing process
Konti:Prefer birth in the sea

Misc Notes:
I will grant you the healing position at the rate of 4gm a day at first level. Get your level of Medicine up levels and this will increase. I will also grant you backlogged pay as well. Please check your PM's over the next few days as I figure it all out. I will also post it in my salary thread.

Anything seem out of place? Any questions please feel free to contact me ASAP.

Listen to the island
The waves and wind
That is the pulse
Note it, feel it
And become one with serenity

Cachet
The Murian Beach Bum (6zillion)

Words: 144588
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2011, 3:01 am
Race: Staff account
Office