Investigating Enemy Territory (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Syliras Location] Investigating Enemy Territory (Open)

Postby Eris on April 25th, 2010, 10:33 pm

((No problem. Hope it's fine now.))

Eris felt pleased with herself for having made the acquaintance of a Kelvic. This would certainly have its advantages. Despite being on the road and chasing after targets for so long, Eris had never properly learned to read tracks left in the wilderness. She could follow someone for hours on end through a city street, but in the woods she found herself rather at a loss.

“You’ve got a deal. Mayhap we could go on a little expedition to the Bronze Woods and you can show me the basics of tracking. I’ll repay you with anything you wish to learn from me. Speaking of payment,” she paused, reaching into the inside fold of her jacket and pulling out a golden miza. “Before I forget, thank you for the tour.”

She slid the coin to him across the table. She hadn’t found the information she was looking for in the Spinning Coin, but she did gain a better understanding of the city. In her field of work, that understanding often meant the difference between success and failure on the job.
Eris
...in solemn silence on a dull, dark dock...

Words: 171398
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2010, 1:55 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Tomas on April 26th, 2010, 11:34 pm

Tomas takes the coin and puts it in the pouch hanging from his collar. "Thankyou.. first miza I've earned since I've been here." He chuckles at his own laziness, knowing full well it was his fault he hadn't earned any money yet.

"So, what do you want to do now? Or is this where we part ways for the night? You said you were staying at the Traveler's Row, right? We could meet there some time if you'd like. Or we can continue the tour tonight."
"Honest! I didn't know I was supposed to go in the bathroom. At home they always made me go outside!"
Tomas
Player

Words: 32648
Joined roleplay: February 21st, 2010, 6:02 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Eris on April 26th, 2010, 11:45 pm

Eris considered her options. It was late and she wanted to get at least half-a-night’s sleep. But she didn’t want to lose track of the Kelvic, not when he provided an opportunity to learn the tracking skill she so coveted.

“Say we meet at the edge of the Bronze Woods ten days from now. It’ll give me time to wrap up some loose ends,” Eris said thoughtfully. “We can start the lessons then and there.”

“Maybe I’ll finally get to see a wolf who isn’t trying to kill me,” she added with a grin.

She was actually looking forward to seeing a Kelvic in his natural form - something she'd never had the opportunity to do before.

Checking to make sure her dagger was in place at her hip, Eris rose to her feet.
Eris

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Tomas on April 28th, 2010, 6:56 am

Tomas stands as she does, nodding in agreement. He was excited about showing off his wolf form as well, but then he always gets that way when he gets to show people what he can do.

"Sounds good to me. That will give me time to figure out a lesson plan." He chuckles, then shifts nervously for a moment. He was never good at saying goodbye, even if it was just for a little while.

"Well, it was nice meeting you. See you in a few days, I guess."
"Honest! I didn't know I was supposed to go in the bathroom. At home they always made me go outside!"
Tomas
Player

Words: 32648
Joined roleplay: February 21st, 2010, 6:02 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Eris on April 30th, 2010, 12:57 am

Eris grinned briefly at the man, inclining her head in farewell.

“Have a good night,” she said quietly, turning to leave.

As she opened the door leading out of the Spinning Coin, she was hit with a welcome breath of fresh air. Inhaling the breezy Spring atmosphere, she started to make her way to Traveler’s Row. A soft drizzle started up, leaving trails of water on Eris’s jacket. She kept her eyes on the ground as she walked, watching small puddles form between the cobblestones, and already making plans for the upcoming trip to the Bronze Woods.

FIN
Eris

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Previous