Well... This is New (Hadrian)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Kendall Saarinen on November 3rd, 2011, 3:56 pm

The fire completely captivated the Azenth. The sight was amazing. Unlike Hadrian, Kendall had never run experiments which would have changed the color of a flame. He always saw it's natural orange-ish form. Even if Hadrian was a brand new Illusionist, he had a captive audience.

Kendall's eyes widened at the sight of his own flame turning the same green color. He ran his finger near the edge of the flame, watching as green light glowed against his skin.

The blond turned to look at Hadrian and smiled. Before Kendall could answer he felt as though something burning hot was dripping onto his wrist. Looking to his hand he saw what appeared to be a glob of lava where his flame had once been. He sat there frozen with wide eyes before jumping back with a scream. He scooted backwards across the floor until his back hit the frame of the bed.

"Did you do that?" Kendall's mismatched eyes looked up at Hadrian, searching for answers. The Azenth had seen the lava and felt it. There was no way Hadrian could have stacked illusions at his level of marking but Kendall did not know that. In actuality, Kendall had created the lava himself.

Slowly, Kendall walked toward where he was sitting in front of the fireplace. On the ground, the lava was burning into the floorboards. "Oh my Gods, what should I do?" He had just burned a hole in the floor. The caretaker of the Warrens would be angry. "We are going to have to pay for it… I'm so sorry."
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Hadrian on November 5th, 2011, 3:30 am

The scream and the crash against the bed, made the sickly tint disappear. An indifferent illusionist, he could still muster elemental magic at the drop of a hat, and he flung his hand out with a few terse words in the Ancient Tongue. A globule of silvery energy shot out to encase the lava in ice, which cracked and hissed with steam even as his other hand came around to fling a secondary mass of res into the fray. With the heat dissipated and the water sublimated into invisible vapors, the second spell broke the basalt, shattered it and reformed it. The hole in the floor became like liquid stone without the heat, and then with careful effort on Hadrian's part, settled into smooth stone that one would not trip over in the night, flush with the wood.

There was now a granite flagstone by the hearth. He took a deep breath and pulled the fur up over his bare shoulders again. His smile was faint, but genuine.

"It would seem that Earth has begun to answer your will, Kenny. Congratulations."
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Kendall Saarinen on November 6th, 2011, 10:00 pm

Hadrian worked quick, much to Kendall's relief. He watched as the mage calmed his new found element, making it seem as though it was part of the floor. The blond slowly walked over to the place where his lava had splattered across the floor. He moved his finger across the granite, still a bit shocked. Fire and lava… What a combination.

While anyone who had discovered a new element would be excited, Kendall felt this feeling within him. It was unlike any others he had felt. It was a sense of pride, burning pride. It was destructive. It could protect him. It was lava, the power of the volcanos. The force forever rumbling under the earth. It destroyed just as well as it created and it had chosen him.

The blond did not want to go back to bed. Not yet. He was feeling too much. The fire in the hearth, the fire from his Res, and most importantly the lava which had sprung forth from his fire, it all fed into him. The heat forcing up his body temperature seemed to keep him too energized to want to even entertain the thought of going back to bed.

This had been Hadrian's moment and he had stolen it. Not intentionally but he had. It was not everyday someone woke up with a mark from a God upon their skin and still, Kendall had brought his own glory into the happening. The selfish fire burning up the moments of others as fuel for himself.

"Thanks Hadrian." Kendall knew enough to give thanks were thanks was due. He walked towards the bed, millions of thoughts still racing around his mind. As he sat down on the edge of the bed he kept staring off into the embers as if he was waiting for them to speak to him. He was not sure what to say. He wanted to leave and see the lava again where he could really see it. The Avanthalian morning was too cold though. He didn't want to face it yet.

Turning to look at Hadrian, he grinned before laying down beside him above the furs. "Hey, I see that smile mister." The words were a clear jab at Hadrian's more icy state of emotion. Still, the fact Kendall even made a joke about it was a bit more bold than normal. Perhaps the heat was getting to him.
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Hadrian on November 9th, 2011, 12:34 am

Hadrian remained bemused and introspective, trying to feel what else might be different within him now that a deity had finally deigned to notice him. He liked to think he was self-aware enough to avoid outright hubris, but a rapport with the gods was something he had always wanted, and never truly found. The problem of the fire had been solved, and so his mind wandered back to the mystery of gnosis.

It wasn't really until Kendall stretched out beside him, almost cocky in his nakedness, and made that face while he spoke, voice pregnant with innuendo, that Hadrian even remembered him. The enchanter's blood ran like ice water, Kendall always complained, but the mark of the god helped him stoke the fires that were buried deep within him. Hadrian sometimes wondered whether Kendall just liked to melt all the ice because he enjoyed being crushed by the wall of water that crashed against him.

Chlorine blue eyes pinned Kendall to the furs, all but dissecting him. Those eyes saw too much, the whole of him magically attuned to the soul-energy of others.

"Again?" he asked wryly. "I'm surprised you can walk this morning."
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Kendall Saarinen on November 13th, 2011, 7:22 pm

The mage was off in his own world, although that was nothing new. Hadrian's mind was a broad thing. Kendall understood at times that he would lose his lover for bits at a time while he contemplated. The blond let his mind wander as well as he watched Hadrian's aura. It held a different light than it once did. It seemed almost harder to see at times, all stemming from that mark on his back.

Kendall smiled back at Hadrian. He did have to go to work at some point. If things kept at the rate they were going at the barracks, he would be running around quite a bit. "Hmmm, you could finally teach me morphing instead." Kendall was a bit nervous to learn the art but he knew in the end, it was necessary for him to learn. If he ever hoped to be who he once was again, he'd need to learn it, even if the art scared him a bit.
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Hadrian on November 14th, 2011, 1:22 am

"I could," he offered. "Have you been working on your meditation? Morphing is difficult at first if one can't quiet one's mind. It's intensely internal even though a lot of what you are doing changes the external."

He hadn't seen Kendall at it, and, to be honest, he had not had the heart to pressure him into doing it even if it would lead him closer to his goal of reclaiming his body. They were just happy to be alive after Ravok, and now Kendall was working with the Kelvic cubs, which kept him busy and happy, but left him exhausted. Not too exhausted to kindle Hadrian's fires long into the night, but then they were young and in love.
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Kendall Saarinen on November 21st, 2011, 10:29 pm

"I can always work more I suppose." Hadrian had a point, as he usually did. While Kendall had been working on meditation, he was sure he could work on it more. He felt as though he had been working on it a lot but was not really getting any results. Of course, Hadrian's opinion of working on meditation and Kendall's were probably much different. The mage was much more focused and disciplined than the blond.

With a shrug, Kendall pulled himself closer to Hadrian. "It can wait a bit more I guess." He wanted to learn but Hadrian was more knowledgeable and if he thought it was better to wait, he would respect it. "We'll just have spend our time doing other things." He smiled at Hadrian before kissing his cheek.

Kendall looked up at Hadrian with a smile. So much for being comfortable later at work. Looking at Hadrian he felt the need to be against him. Leaning over the mage, Kendall kissed him again savoring the feeling of his lips on Hadrian's. He had to keep burning and let his passion engulf his lover. A hand came to run down Hadrian's body, almost as if he was trying to stoke the fires with Hadrian with his touch. The talk about Hadrian's mother had bought about the release of passionate emotions, perhaps the opposite could work as well. Of course Kendall loved Hadrian and regardless of which God had favored him, he would have wanted to be this close. There was something that seemed to call him to Hadrian's buried emotions. His mark begged for them to be released even if the mage did not want them to be. Kendall would always love Hadrian because he loved him but the Azenth in him, the part of him that had kept him going before he met Hadrian, craved what rested at the deepest depths of Hadrian. A happy day would be when the lover and the Azenth could be fulfilled.
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Hadrian on November 25th, 2011, 6:03 am

Hadrian felt the sudden welling up of lust within him, the familiar influence of Ivak through Kendall demanding release. There were times when he rejoiced in the freedom such bondage gave him. If Ivak's power demanded it of him, then it was not his responsibility. He hadn't the power to deny the will of a god. But sometimes, just sometimes, he wished he could fight it, fight Ivak, fight Kendall. Now he grit his teeth against it, attempting to hold out, to maintain control, for just a bit longer.

His will to play with this new power slipped away. His desire to instill discipline in Kendall with meditation began to crumble, along with it any hope of Morphing back into his chosen form.

"If you want this now," he said, trying to stand firm while his emotions were roiling beneath the surface, "then we are waking up at dawn to meditate."
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Kendall Saarinen on December 7th, 2011, 7:03 am

The lust was building in Hadrian and Kendall responded to it. He continued to kiss him, his fingers trailing up into his dark hair. He could wake up early later on so he could be this close to Hadrian now. There was a small part of him that was nudging at him to stop and put everything into perspective. If he got intimate now and meditated later, he would be exhausted at work and during the meditation. Gods knew he didn't want to stop though.

"Yes, yes I promise. I'll be a good student and learn… later." He smiled lightly as he pulled himself away from Hadrian, although only to work the button of his trousers. He shooed away any lingering thought of how this might have been somewhat irresponsible. Meditation could wait and besides, Hadrian needed to get rid of all his pressure.

Once his pants were off and thrown to the floor, Kendall curled up beside Hadrian, once again stoking the embers of the mage's emotion. Kisses across the jawline, warm fingers across his skin. Kendall wanted nothing more than to release Hadrian's lust.
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Hadrian on December 12th, 2011, 12:52 am

Kendall Saarinen wrote:
These are Hadrian's pants. I said nothing... *scampers off*

END
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

PreviousNext