Craving Company [Open]

Only in the solace of his dreams may this isur find companionship.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies the realm of dreams, where dreamers who are scattered all over the world in the physical can come together in the mysterious world of dreams. Remember, unless one is a Dreamwalker, there is no control over dreams. Ever. Anything can happen, and by threading a dream, you are subject to whomever can walk dreams and the whims of Storytellers.

Craving Company [Open]

Postby Rorugir on November 1st, 2011, 8:36 pm

Timestamp: 36th Fall 511 A.V.

Waves lapped the shore pleasantly, their quiet repetition comforting to the young isur that walked the sandy dunes. A hot sun beat down on the man's face, but it too was enjoyed; it was a new experience for the man, having thus far been cooped up in shaded valleys and enclosed mountains.

Rorugir had never been to a beach before, and had indeed never strayed anywhere close to the shoreline. Logically, he therefore had no idea if the image of the beach he saw now was accurate or not, but dreams have no problem with that. Dreamers will believe anything they see, at least until they wake up. Some even believe the dreams past that.

In any case, the scenery was much more enjoyable than a mountain range.

Rorugir's feet patted the ground softly. He stopped, the white clothing, so unfamilar to him, rippling around his lean form. A frown dotted the young man's lips as he considered the strange feeling within him. It was like...while the surroundings were enjoyable and excruciatingly exotic for him, he couldn't help but feel something was missing. The last piece of the puzzle as it were. Perhaps...someone to share it with?

Loneliness was a new feeling to Rorugir. He couldn't recall the last time he'd experienced it before. However, like a ocean wave being contained, the feeling had seemingly built up inside of him, growing in force and power until, when it was finally released, it deluged the isur in the feeling. He wanted, eagerly craved, someone to walk the dream with him. But was there anyone that would do it?

The isur continued walking down the beach, which seemingly stretched into infinity. The tune to a nursery rhyme, it's words long-lost, suddenly came to Rorugir. He pursed his lips and began to hum, the soft, intimately familar melody filling the silent air.

Hm, hm, hm...Rorugir walked on.
This is Rorugir's speech when he speaks in Common...
...And this is Rorugir's speech when he speaks in Isur.
Rorugir
Lost child of Uluth.

Words: 120916
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2011, 1:02 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Craving Company [Open]

Postby Kendall Saarinen on November 1st, 2011, 9:23 pm

The beach… Oh how Kendall loved the beach. The crying gulls, the lapping waves, and of course the wonderful sand. Her hometown of Zeltiva was known for their rocky beaches but the brunette had been on beaches of sad before. Both of dreams and consciousness. Asleep she had ventured the sands in many forms. Male, female, they were starting to run into each other and at times, becoming one. She had dreamed of being a female with blonde hair before. One thing always remained constant. Her mismatched eyes. There had to be a reason Nysel made her keep them in her sleep.

Kendall walked alone and barefoot through the sand. Her long brown hair was lying free past her shoulders and on occasion, wisping around her face in the wind. She wore a long sundress over her feminine frame, letting the wind billow through the fabrics.

As Kendall walked she sang quietly. It was a song she had always loved.

"Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence"

She looked before her as she sang. Smiling lightly as she saw the man before her. He was short and a bit away but she didn't mind. What good was a beach if you could not share it? She picked up her pace to catch up with him, smiling as she arrived at his side. "Beaches are lovely, aren't they?" It was an innocent question to a man who seemed mentally elsewhere. "Are you here alone? No one should be on the beach alone. Of course, I'm Zeltivan. We are all just mad about the beach." She elbowed the man playfully. "All boats and scholars. I am the latter." Holding out a hand, her mismatched eyes seemed to look the man over. "I'm Kendall by the way."
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Craving Company [Open]

Postby Coren on November 1st, 2011, 10:33 pm

Coren was slowly making his way across what seemed to be an almost endless stretch of white sand, sand that got stuck to the hem of his robe, sand that got into his shoe's and trice damned sand that made shoddy footing that not only made it almost impossible to walk at a decent pace without straining yourself, it also was the cause of a few embarrassing falls on his part. Though if he was honest with himself, he shouldn't have tried running in loose sand even without a long robe on that wasn't really the smartest idea.
He paused for a moment to catch his breath and looked back towards the shoreline only a dozen or so meters away from him, and threw back his hood, letting the hot sun beat down on his shaggy mop of black hair. Raising his eyebrow in surprise as he saw two people calmly talking to each other at the shore. How did he miss them a few moments ago? He just shrugged away that little fact, probably the bright sun shining down on the white sand and that would have made it impossible for him to notice them.
“Hello!” He loudly yelled towards the people in vani, giving them both a wave before once again beginning his struggle through the loose sand, once again trying to pick up the pace, he was quite curios as to who those people where and where they came from afterall!

Unfortunately for coren, it was once again proven to him that haste usually had bad consequences, as he accidentally lost his footing, stepped on the hem of his winter bane robe in an attempt to steady himself and fell face first into the warm white sand with a surprised yell.
He slowly mushed himself back on his feet, thankful for the fact that his leather facemask had made sure that he didn't get a mouthfull of sand. Not to mention that it hid his slowly reddening cheeks completely.

"I'm speaking vani"
"I am speaking common"
"Me speaking nader canoch!"

Real life is kicking me in the can at the moment. posting is delayed. sorry for the inconvienience.
Coren
journeyman mage

Words: 294771
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2011, 7:33 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Guest Storyteller (1)

Craving Company [Open]

Postby Rorugir on November 3rd, 2011, 9:03 pm

The soft words, spoken in lyrical fashion, interrupted Rorugir's hoarse hum. Sound died, head twisted around, and black eyes rose, as the isur strove to find the owner of this new voice. It wasn't long before he found it; a girl, elegantly crafted limbs hidden beneath a sundress, was quietly singing, approaching as she did so. Brown tresses flowed freely in the wind, accentuating her feminine shape. But then, when she turned to look at him, Rorugir received a mild shock; her eyes were of two different colors. One was blue, the other, green.

The song died down as she drew nearer, her face curving into a smile. She asked Rorugir questions in a pleasant voice. It took a second for the isur to return to where he was in order to answer them.

"Yes, I am here alone." he said shortly. "And this is the first time I've been on a beach, so I wouldn't know."

The playful jab to the side was met with an raised eyebrow. Who did this girl think she was? Coming up to him, doing things that were only approriate for friends and family? As much as this bothered him, however, he couldn't say he wished the girl would go away; she was as good of company as any.

"Zeltivan, you say? Where is this...Zeltiva?" Rorugir drew out the word as if savoring it, his eyes lighting up as he asked the question. "Oh, I'm Rorugir." Rorugir waved his hand impatiently. "I've never heard about this Zeltiva. It is mostly oriented with boating and learning, you say? Intriguing. Where is it, perchance?"

Of course, it was then that another person had to appear and ruin this possibly interesting ling of enquiry. This time is was a man, of a region Rorugir was also unfamiliar with; he was only beginning to realize how closeted his life had been in Sultros.

The man in question, wore a long robe, which might have not been the greatest choice. This was reinforced by the fact he managed to trip as he made his way towards Rorugir and his newfound accomplice. Resisting the urge to roll his eyes, Rorugir continued walking until he had caught up to the man.

"Hello." Rorugir said stiffly, hoping the man spoke Common. He had called out in a strange tongue only a second ago, one that Rorugir (but, as it turns out, not his companion) was unfamilar with.

"I am Rorugir, and this is...Kendall? Yes, this is Kendall. Good day to both of you."
Rorugir
Lost child of Uluth.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Craving Company [Open]

Postby Kendall Saarinen on November 4th, 2011, 12:53 am

OOCThe pretty colors are Vani.
The brunette pouted slightly at the Isur's words. "That is no way to spend time at a beach! Although I cannot lie. I have come to the beach for some alone time. It is a nice place to think." Kendall saw the distaste in the man's features shortly after she lightly jabbed him. A short spike of embarrassment shot through her but it was quickly washed away. The man was just shy, or so Kendall had decided. He would warm up to her eventually. Most people did, or at least those worth being friendly with.

"Anyways, I am honored to share your first trip to the beach with you." Kendall bowed lightly with a small giggle before looking back at the man. Perhaps she should have taken the man's earlier reaction and stopped acting so familiar with the man. It seemed in this dream Kendall had recessed back to who she had been before his accident. She still remembered Hadrian and Ethan, along with all of the other people she had met but the horrible memories seemed to have taken a night off.

Kendall loved to talk about Zeltiva, at least she did in this dream. In her waking life she rarely spoke of it. "Very nice to meet you Rorugir! Zeltiva is in Sylira, between the Zastoska Mountains and Mathews Bay. We have beaches too but not like this." A bare foot glided through the sand, letting the grains fall from the arch of her foot. "They were rocky and not that nice to lounge on. Still, it never stopped me from swimming once in a while."

A voice called through the beach air from behind Kendall and her new found friend. It was spoken in Vani. Turning to face the voice she called back. "Hello! Are you okay?" The man seemed to have a hard time standing up in the sand. She covered her mouth in an attempt to stifle a giggle but they still bubbled past her lips. "I'm sorry. Let me help you." The Isur seemed to be walking toward the man as well so she kept up pace with him. With a smile she extended a hand to the man. From the sight of his eyes she knew exactly what he was. "Never seen sand before, have you Vantha?" Turning to Rougir she smiled again. "Yes, it is Kendall. This man is speaking Vani." She hoped the man knew some common. If not, she'd have to play translator. Her eyes shifted back to the Vantha. "I know basic Vani but my friend here cannot speak the language. Do you know common?
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Craving Company [Open]

Postby Coren on November 4th, 2011, 5:20 pm

Coren grumbled as he finally clambered back on his feet, and rhoughly began most of the sand out of his robe or at least tried to get as much out of it. His eye twitching dangerously as even more sand was getting in places he didn't even knew was possible form such a minor stumble;
“Yes, I'm fine, mostly.” Coren said in vani as he continued to pat himself down, trying to ignore chafing from the sand on the insides of his robes.
When she insinuated he never had seen sand before he looked at her as if she said something stupid. Which she just did, of course he had seen sand before, which human being hadn't?
“Of course I have seen sand before.” Coren said, finally finished with trying to get the sand out of his robe. “Never had to walk in sand this loose with my robe on though. Wonder what was going through my head when I thought this was a good idea.” He grabbed the woman's still outstretched hand and shook it.
“Yes, Me can talk common.” Coren said, having puzzled out from the fact the woman in front of him suddenly begun talking to the other little man with the strangly colored skin and arm in common, that only one of the people in front of him could understand vani. And though he considered for a split second to just play dumb and act as if he didn't know any common, just to get back at the woman for her giggling at his fall, he disregarded the idea just as quickly, it wouldn't be fair to the smaller man if he did that.
“I am Coren, from skyglow hold.” He said in a cheery tone. “Who are you two?” He let go of the woman's hand and offered it towards the other man for a handshake. Looking at him with a bit of confusion in his eyes.
“And what race you from? Never saw a man with arm that looks like rook.” Coren paused for a moment. “Rock, I meant rock.” he corrected after a few moments. Giving a smile from behind his leather face mask, patiently waiting for the responses of the other two people.

ooc: funny colors are common

"I'm speaking vani"
"I am speaking common"

Real life is kicking me in the can at the moment. posting is delayed. sorry for the inconvienience.
Coren
journeyman mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Guest Storyteller (1)

Craving Company [Open]

Postby Rorugir on November 4th, 2011, 9:31 pm

Rorugir accepted what the girl, Kendall, had to say silently, with a thoughtful look on his face. The places of the mountains of Zastoska and Mathews Bay were completely unfamilar to him, but maybe, if he ever sought out this intriguing Zeltiva, he'd be able to use these locations to his advantage. He committed them to his memory.

The pair walked together towards the odd man, just getting over falling down. Kendall offerred his hand to him and said something in the same singsong language the man had employed but a second before: perhaps it was the language of Zeltiva, then? Though it didn't seem likely. Kendall seemed better able to speak Common than this new tongue.

"Vani? Oh, yes. I know about the Vantha." A memory came to the forefront of his mind, one of his time spent traveling with the caravans in Kalea. A man, dressed in strange cloaks, had traveled with him for a time, speaking of a land to the north called Taldera, where the Vantha people lived. He'd spoken of Vani, this language of this arctic people.

Ror's eyebrows furrowed. That, unfortunately, was the extent of his knowledge; the man had disappeared a couple weeks before Rorugir left, vanishing into the night. They had searched for him, but all they found was his cloak, torn and bloodied; they had been forced to leave their erstwhile companion to whatever fate had befallen him. In any case, he didn't know much about this people and their culture, and, given he had two people who spoke the language, one of whom seemed to be a so-called Vantha himself, he intended to seize the opportunity.

When the man spoke Common, he was relieved; like Kendall, he'd hoped he didn't have to use the girl as a translator. Nonetheless, conversing seemed like it might be difficult, given the man's rather...stilted...way of speaking.

"You need to improve your Common." Rorugir admonished. "One does not use "Me" to say what you can and cannot do. One uses "I"." Rorugir might not have been so irritated by the lack of speaking skills if he himself hadn't only spoken Common as a second language. While he wasn't the most skilled orator in the tongue, he still could speak without using a mistaking "rook" for "rock".

"It's not solid rock, I assure you." The isur said subconsciously, given to explaining his arm to people, many of whom had never seen a isur before. "I am Rorugir Steelrune, from Sultros. A pleasure to make your acquaintance, I'm sure."

"Are you, perchance, a Vantha?"
Rorugir
Lost child of Uluth.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Craving Company [Open]

Postby Kendall Saarinen on November 13th, 2011, 6:12 pm

Kendall gave the Isur a small glare before turning back to the Vantha. "No need to be so harsh Rorugir. I'm sure you would not do as well in his language if you spoke it." The tone of the man bothered her a bit. The Vantha had just made a few mistakes. No need to get to snippy, at least in her opinion. "Do not worry about him. He is just touchy." She was sure if those words were spoken in common the Isur would have been less than pleased. She did not want the Vantha to feel as though he was unwelcome though.

With a smile, Kendall spoke up. "Very nice to meet you Coren. I am Kendall." She looked over to Rorugir, hoping that he would return the same kind response, at least his form of it. He was kind enough. She hoped she would not have to calm anyone down, although it seemed the two were playing nice.

"If you are a Vantha, do you know Kay'lan Snowsong?" If Kendall had been more herself, or more so, himself, he might not have asked about her ex-fiance. In this dream she was existing as she had before Ivak had touched her life. Kay'lan did not hate her, at least that is how it seemed. "He is about my height, purple eyes… well they change with his emotion of course, and dark hair. He is very musical… obviously." With a small chuckle she quieted, noticing she had gotten a bit caught up in the description. "He has not lived in Avanthal for a while. He lives in Zeltiva now. He left when he was about fifteen or sixteen."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Craving Company [Open]

Postby Coren on November 17th, 2011, 6:18 pm

Coren raised his eyebrow in confusion as the little man with the arm that looked as if it was made out of rock admonished him for making a few mistakes with his common.
“Err. Sorry?” Coren said in a confused voice clearly not getting why the man made such a big deal about making a tiny mistake in. “I not that good in common yet.” At the woman's anwser he just gave a shrug. “Well some people can't help it that they got a rod of ice shoven up their arse.” Coren said in an amiable tone.
“Nice to meet you both also.” Coren answered in broken common and gave rorugir a deadpan look. He spoke vani, had the tell tale hair, eyes and skin tone of one. So either the man never heard of what a vantha was or hadn't seen one. That or the man was a complete retard for missing the obvious signs. While he was sure the man had a shaft of ice shoved up his arse he didn't think the man was dumb “And yes, I am vantha, Born and grown in avanthal.” He paused for a while at kendall's description trying to put a specific face to it, but most vantha of the snowsong hold fit the description to be honest.
“All, snowsong like that. More Spe..spi.” Coren let out a sigh and switched back to vantha. “All snowsong fit that description kendall. Could you be a little bit more specific? And if he left when he was around fifteen or sixteen how old would he be right now?” Coren asked in a kind tone, he mentally began racking through his mind for any vantha that would have left avanthal for some reason.

"I'm speaking vani"
"I am speaking common"

Coren
journeyman mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Guest Storyteller (1)

Craving Company [Open]

Postby Rorugir on November 17th, 2011, 9:44 pm

Rorugir took the woman's admonishment with a raised eyebrow. She spoke to the Vantha in what was obviously an apology for his sake, and while he couldn't tell what the man's response was, it was undoubtedly nothing good. Impassively, Rorugir stood back and said nothing. Wasn't his fault that the man couldn't take criticism. It wasn't like taking the isur's advice would hurt, in any case.

The woman mentioned something about a Kay'lan. Another Vantha, then? "Changing eye color..." Rorugir murmured. "...That's new." Though, after all the new things he'd been forced to encounter after leaving Sultros, he couldn't say this new fact didn't really surprise him. After hearing about men flying on the backs of eagles, changing eye color tended to rank pretty low on his list of surprising new discoveries.

"All Snowsong are like that? Does that mean Vantha have clans?" That was the case in Sultros - each person belonged to one of several different clans, of which Rorugir belonged to the Pitrius clan, as was determined by his arm color. All clans, at least in Sultros, had different arm colors. If these Vantha had clans, however, he didn't think determining them would be quite so easy. Though he couldn't say for sure - Coren was the only Vantha he'd ever encountered, though one could argue the old man in the caravans was one too, though Rorugir was also not sure on that count. Anyways...

"Are you a Snowsong, then?" Rorugir asked. "If you were, Kendall here could probably provide more details towards her...friend...Kay'lan." While he wasn't exactly out to help everyone in the world, this woman's search intrigued him. Maybe he could help figure it out.
Rorugir
Lost child of Uluth.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next