{The Stone Garden}Rewinding the Clocks {Open}

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Andresciel on November 28th, 2011, 7:20 pm

"Kelvic's aren't normally harm giving." The Male stated as he stood, brushing his armor off as he sighs, looking at Tara and then to Ethne, before slowly making his way to a nearby bench to sit upon. His eyes closed as he listened to the other two, deciding this would be between them and not he. After all, he hadn't just shape shifted into a human from an animal before girl who knew nothing of it. But then, as a Knight, he would have to step in should things get too far out of hand.
Andresciel
The Mage Knight

Words: 90070
Joined roleplay: May 12th, 2011, 3:07 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Tara on November 28th, 2011, 8:02 pm

Tara looked at the girl, not moving when the knight got up and went to sit on a bench. How did this child expect to be protected by a ferret? Tara sighed heavily. "Whatever you say" she said passively, shifting slightly in her place. Maybe she just hung round Syliras and got protected by the guards. Whatever her reason it was none of Tara's business and she should stay out of it. Why should she help this girl anyway. Tara became stubborn inside her own thoughts, as her animalistic nature had never given her patience with people.

She had always been quite irritated by others' pride, no matter how proud she was herself. She had a strict double standard. She was allowed refuse help, but people shouldn't refuse her help. It wasn't a logical way of thinking but that was Tara's personality and it couldn't be helped. Tara reached into her bag and took out a feather she had collected earlier. She got up and walked to the water's edge and threaded a piece of string round the feather. She looked into her reflection in the water and threaded the string and feather into her hair. She walked back and sat where she had been before.
Tara
Curiosity killed the cat.

Words: 63308
Joined roleplay: November 11th, 2011, 8:09 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Ethne on November 28th, 2011, 9:18 pm

Looking at Tara, Ethne crossed her arms and said.
"Are you just expecting me to spill my sob story or something? Why would I do that when I don't even know your name?"
Ethne had become slightly annoyed with this girl, full of pride. Ethne's fear had fallen once she had gotten used to them, and with the knight around she had absolutely no fear of the girl.
Ethne
Hater of GMing.

Words: 11881
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2011, 8:38 pm
Character sheet

Postby Andresciel on November 29th, 2011, 12:10 am

The Knight sighed "If you provoke an attack, I will not step in." Andre stated, as he shook his head, glancing at Tara "And you, why are you alone dear?" the Male asked, his voice gentle, caring and kind. Few would accuse Andre of being a trained mage, or warrior, but few ever saw him actually have to fight. After all, the best warriors fought with their minds and avoided conflict.

He turned back to Ethne, "I'd also like to hear your reasons, if I may." The Knight Mage stated softly as he held a hand up, letting a bit of wind dance upon his palm. He was patient, as Yahal taught him to be, and gentle as the wind. But still, he was a fierce and passionate as the fires he could tame. He sat back to wait, as a small head peeked out of the bushes near the bench, a soft yip causing him to turn and lift up the tiny white fox. "Hello Avara." The Male stated, stroking his friend.
Andresciel
The Mage Knight

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Tara on November 29th, 2011, 5:24 pm

Tara looked at the night defiantly before giving in. "I don't have anyone I care to travel with is all" she said, her voice strong. She was not going to give too much away. "And my name is Tara" she added, looking at Ethne. She honestly didn't care for her sob story, but it was unusual to see a child on their own. Tara fidgeted a bit as a small white fox came from out of the bushes. It seemed to be demanding attention of the knight.

She had not seen a fox like it before, most being forest colours. It had been the same situation with the ferret. Maybe white animals like Syliras. Tara flicked a stray bit of hair out of her eyes and fixed it behind her ear. She stood up again, not liking to be down so close to the ground with Andreciel towering over her. She flicked her eyes over to the small fox in his arms. "Who's this?" she asked.
Tara

Character sheet

Postby Ethne on November 29th, 2011, 10:02 pm

"I wasn't going to fight."
Ethne had muttered, more to herself. Putting her hand on the ferret's head, Ethne kept him calm so that he would not feel provoked by the white fox. Ethne hadn't learned much, but she knew enough about animals to know that the fox wasn't albino, but a completely different species. Although that didn't stop her interest in the small fox. Looking first at Tara, then the Knight, she said.
"It's nice to meet you Tara, I'm Ethne, in case you didn't overhear before. As for why I'm alone, my parents caught a sickness and were too poor and too proud to seek the assistance of a physician. So, they died when I was eight. But I've done well enough without them."
She tried to speak as coldly as she could, because if she allowed the memory of her parents to come back, then she might break down. Her parents were amazing, loving, kind, and oh so very proud. They slowly withered away and died right before Ethne's eyes, leaving her to bury them both. Although Ethne didn't know the full traditions of Syliras, her parents had asked to be buried on their deathbeds, so such she had done in burying them outside of the city.
Ethne
Hater of GMing.

Character sheet

Postby Andresciel on November 30th, 2011, 12:15 am

The Knight lifted up Avara, settling the fox on his shoulder as the creature settled against his neck, his eyes on the two girls as he sighs. He nods "I don't remember my parents." He glances at Tara, tapping the fox's nose. "This is Avara, my friend and companion. Who cares not that I could go insane. Only that I give her a scratch when she wants it." He smiles at the little fox, a soft thing, his eyes closing softly. He nuzzled against the fox's nose. "I love you my dearest Avara." He whispered to his little creature.

He smiles at Tara "And no. She's not from here." He stated, shaking his head, tilting his head to one side. "She's from my homeland, that only home I knew. My mentor gave her to me as a present when I became a Knight." The Man explained, as he fluffed his foxs ear with a finger.

OOC :
I'll be gone after Dec. 6th til I get net again
Andresciel
The Mage Knight

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Tara on November 30th, 2011, 1:30 am

Tara felt a pang of sympathy for Ethne. Tara had never known her parents, as she was taken away a couple weeks after she was born. She pushed the thought out of her mind. It was a bad idea to even try to remember. She turned and smiled at the little fox, distracting herself. "Hello Avara" she said. Tara felt more at ease in the company of animals than she did of humans. Animal's weren't quite as judgmental and their emotions weren't as complex and hard to understand. She did pick up on him saying he could go insane. Wondering what that meant, Tara came to the conclusion that he was joking. Or she hoped her was, at least. Tara considered herself pretty good at understanding people, but these two seemed different somehow. Maybe it was just this place, she thought.

She shuffled her feet a little before asking Andreciel "How long have you been in Syliras?". She had come here to dig her past back up and maybe if he was here at the time he could be a little help. He looked pretty experienced so she assumed he had been here a while.
Tara

Character sheet

Postby Ethne on November 30th, 2011, 4:36 pm

"Then you are lucky."
Ethne muttered when Andre spoke of his parents. His affention for the fox was not unlike Ethne's own affection for her Ferret, though she treated him differently than Andre treated the fox. Scratching Fauzi with one hand and her own head with her other, she added to Tara's question.
"I'd like to know as well, also, were you born a Knight?"
Ethne
Hater of GMing.

Character sheet

Postby Andresciel on November 30th, 2011, 7:08 pm

Andre was silent a moment as he settled the fox on his lap. "Since I was nine." He sighs, as he looks up at the sky "I am twenty six now." He smiles at Ethne and Tara "But before Syliras, I can't really remember anything. I know me and my family were coming here, to find work. We were attacked outside the city by bandits or something. They took out my father, mother...even my two brothers. I was left alone, a sword in hand. They would have killed me if not for my mentor, who came to my aid. She flung magic and blade with the skill of a master." He smiles softly, remembering fondly the person who taught him his arts.

"She took me as a squire that day, and since then I was a Knight. I became a full knight of Syliras in the Mage order only seven years ago, when I was nineteen." He nods, looking at Tara, "Thats when my mentor gave me Avara as a gift from Avanthal. The little fox is my closest friend...she don't judge me like those who know of magics curse."
Andresciel
The Mage Knight

Character sheet
Plotnotes

PreviousNext