[Agremmon Fields] Hunting Wabbits (Eridanus)

The living joke and a dual wielding desperado hunt a rabbit

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Bob Barton on November 18th, 2011, 7:51 am

63rd day of Fall 511 AV

As agreed the day before, Bob and Eridanus were going to hunt for some...rabbits? Apparently Eridanus wanted something like Bob's rat skull thinking that it held some sort of power. "HAH!" Like Bob never heard that one before. Normally if two different people told him the same thing he would believe it but then these two people was one strange boy and literally a shifty vantha with horns at night. Would Bob ever believe something like that? But since Eridanus had already helped him so much lately like with the mists and the muggers, Bob decided to humor the man and out of respect for that fact he came early to make up for his previous tardiness only... "where the hell is Eridanus? Can you smell him Jinsen?" How hard could it be for Eridanus to come to the Agremmon Fields like they agreed to. It was just outside of Sunberth unless... "I didn't tell him which part of the fields we are supposed to meet didn't I?" Hopefully Eridanus had enough brains to not go to the western fields. There was nothing there. Here are the southern fields, even if there was that freaky cemetery there was still that nice hot springs.

"Forget him if he is going to take this long!" Bob has waited for too long already. "Come along Jinsen. Lets see if there is anyone else more worth it at the hot springs" like holidaying women taking a bath in the common spring just waiting for him. Actually, Bob did not even have to wait that long because on his way there he already ran into a pair of women...jogging in the woods? Compared to the animals in Sunberth, Bob could actually agree if anyone says that the animals out in the wilds was safer. Bob walked up to them asking if they also thought that "it is a fine day to be out isn't it?" They were just about to ignore him and leave when he pushed Jinsen out to the front of them because "he likes his walks too. Maybe he can join you?"

Bob, that sly and cunning devil actually used his dog to get in closer with the women. A fine plan since his dog was not one of those intimidating looking ones. In fact, Hannah made a good choice giving Jinsen to him. Maybe she actually liked him after all. While the girls were going all over the dog, Bob told them that he, or actually "he likes you too. Where are you going? Maybe you would like to join us in the springs? It will be fun" giving them a grin to try and hint that this was one offer that was just too good to resist. That was for Bob anyway because if he heard this offer from them he would accept it in a heartbeat.

So Bob joined the duo having a very good chat. Most of the questions they asked were more about Jinsen. Where he came from which was of course "Killroy's. You should visit it sometime. I will give you a personal tour and find you a good deal on the dogs like a dinner with every purchase?" A dinner with Bob of course. In return he asked them whether "are you free tomorrow night? The night after? I know this nice tavern which has good company..." This was just going so well. The only thing which could ruin it now is if someone interrupts Bob. Promise or not.
Last edited by Bob Barton on January 16th, 2012, 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bob Barton
Player

Words: 1121818
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2011, 12:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Eridanus on November 18th, 2011, 2:59 pm

It was difficult to tell the time in Sunberth. The most they could do was to use certain times like midday, the time when Syna and Leth exchanged their reign over the sky, and the time when they switched places again. Bob had given a really vague time for their meet, and came early in the morning anyway to watch his patron god Leth slowly fade the sign of his presence while Syna's symbol climbed its way up. He knew that he was definitely many bells earlier than the appointed time, but it did not matter for beings like him needed minimal sleep, and he wanted to be there to watch the dawn, for it evoked a sort of joy in him due to the beautiful colours in the sky, but yet also reminded him of his fall from grace, often putting him into a contemplative mood.

The change in the sky however also caused his Ethaefal form to disappear, leaving a stylishly wild looking Vantha in its place, and the rising temperatures that dispelled the chill in the environment along with the physical transformation changed Eri's mood, the philosophizing replaced with his more enthusiastic curiosity and general zest for life.

For bells, he had been experimenting with the sand in the ground, in a half-sitting, half-squatting position, recalling what he could about glyphs from the Sunken Conundrum, the mysterious library in the City of Illusions, and trying out sigils.

Sh'teni

Eri frowned as he studied the series of sigils that he drew in the sand with his finger. It had taken him quite a while, and once or twice he had to erase the whole thing when he realized he was going the wrong way about it. After about a third of a bell though, he was finally done as he looked at it to double-check if the focus was correct with what he wanted to do.

Satisfied, he proceeded continue, marking out a square-shaped border with the focus sigil at the centre. The Vantha's face was set in deep concentration as he carefully made out more shapes in the sand around the focus sigil that meant to serve as a barrier to hold in any magic that was absorbed.

Tudenake Leroukoute
Zixaye Uileas
Iruweade Villnkeet
Oponoteraskiopl

These four phrases he had curved to form a circle that would physically mark the boundaries of the barrier, and the specific sigils he used to construct the phrases were a symbolic mark to keep the spell in.

He leaned back slightly to admire his handiwork. It was slightly messy, but he was almost sure that it might possibly work, for he had spent a lot of time painstakingly 'proof-reading' the runes, correcting any mistakes that he could find as he read through it repeatedly, making the mental connection on how the runes would work in his mind until he could find no fault.

There was one final thing he had to do for this little experiment, which was the trigger sigil. This was the tricky one that would make or break the whole thing, and he reviewed the sigils already there to make sure that he would not be forming any contradictions.

Tuliyan Bob Jhavik

He printed these symbols neatly at the top right corner of the box. It could be anywhere honestly, but it was personal preference for him to place his triggers in a corner so that he would know that it was a trigger and not say, an extension the barrier or some other sigils. The trigger would release the stored djed in the normal fashion, that is in a direction opposite to how it entered the focus, when anyone within a ten yard radius say the word "Bob". He did not know why he used that midget's name, but he was pressed for random words to use it and settled on it as a form of personal amusement.

It was a basic 'scroll-style' glyph that included a basic focus, barrier and trigger sigil, and it should work if he remembered his basics correctly.

Tuliyan Bob Jhavik

[center]Tudenake Leroukoute
Zixaye Uileas ||| Sh'teni ||| Iruweade Villnkeet
Oponoteraskiopl

Eri shifted himself back to look at the entire glyph. He checked it again for any inconsistencies, and when he finally satisfied himself as to the logic of the sigil wordings and placements, he decided to go on with it. Drawing deep within himself, he focused as he slowly pushed out the djed within him, the bit of his astral body materializing as gaseous Res that hovered as a ball above his palm that he faced towards the sky. He willed the gaseous ball to start taking on the aspect of the element of fire, and the ball began to turn red as it increased in heat, finally bursting into flames like a tiny candle flame and spark hybrid. It was a tiny teensy little flame that looked quite pitiful, but it was all he could manage at his current level of proficiency. He was not done though, and he flung the magical flame into the focus sigil, the entire outline of the glyph in the sand glowing white for a moment before absorbing the flame and all was still.

Just to make sure, he closed his eyes for a while, visualizing a mirror and himself breaking the said mirror and taking a peek through the broken glass, and he opened his eyes, the djed now feeding his magical sight. He stared at the runes he made in the sand in front of him, and after a while he found that the markings in the sand was emanating ominously with hidden energy. Satisfied that this meant that it captured his spell properly, he shut down the flow of djed into his eyes and began to stand from his crouched position, dusting the sand away from his knees and wringing his hand to fling away the sand that accumulated there while he was happily drawing.

He realized that he heard people talking nearby, but he had ignored the voices while he was engrossed in completing his experiment. Now that he was done, the voices were more obvious to him, and he wondered why would there be people in this place so early in the morning. He heard two female voices laughing and talking animatedly with a softer male voice, but he did not recognize any of them (for he did not know Bob long enough to recognize him by voice alone).

Eri was now standing up tall so that if that group of people nearby did not notice him, they would now. He ignored them, however, as he continued to look downwards at his glyph and pondered now that a new thought just entered his mind. If he rubbed away the outlines in the sand, what would happen? Would the glyph simply stop functioning, or would it function in its own twisted way? If it was the former, what would happen to the djed stored inside it? Would it dissipate into the environment, or express itself in one way or another? It was an interesting conundrum, though not one he was sure he wanted to actually try. Curiosity killed many wizards, and he did not want to risk his life in so trivial a way.
Last edited by Eridanus on January 10th, 2012, 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Bob Barton on November 19th, 2011, 9:47 am

Walking down a beautiful forest with two beautiful ladies would be any man's dream but the problem for Bob here was that the two were more interested in Jinsen than him. Just his luck that the tool he used to get their attention worked too well and when he needed it to work, it fails. Bob really had to rethink some things about Jinsen. Now he was thinking about how to get the women's attention off the dog and tried to sneak in asking if "you want to find out how I got him?" It is a very good story for all the animal lovers out there, or not. It started off one day where "I was doing my job at the kennels. Hannah" another woman that Bob did not have much luck with because he did not want to test it at the risk of getting on Killroy's bad side "was training some of the dogs which included Jinsen." Has Bob not mentioned by now that "the dogs in the kennels are really good? Maybe if you come to meet me you'd get the benefit of me getting you a good deal?" That could actually happen when the story is done which continues on about how Hannah "left Jinsen with me to train because I am such a valuable and skilled employee for Killroy." Probably not because of his pay rate but the more important the women thought Bob was the easier it might be for him to get what he wanted with them.

"So Jinsen was a very wild dog" if they had a chance to see the way it ate then "but look at him now after I had thought it how to eat and obey." Still the same friendly dog and a little more well behaved. Something that Bob did not mind stealing the credit for even if Hannah got some of the basics into Jinsen to make his job easier. "It is all from my efforts" which some included taking him into fights. Some people might think that it is cruel so Bob will not admit it but as long as these women think that Bob was very capable he would offer that "one day when you get your own dog, I could help you train them. After we go around the town for a bit in the afternoon with a little bit of shopping or before we go for a meal at the night?" Better yet, instead of waiting for them to get a dog of their own "we should just do it today or tomorrow. What do you say?" They continued on walking for a while longer with Bob trying to do his best to ask them out and every so often he would mention his own name "Bob."

That would actually set off the glyph Eridanus made sooner than he intended but if he tried to blame Bob for it, Bob would take one look at the glyph and tell Eridanus to blame himself. Bob had already practiced glyphing quite a bit to supplement and enhance what magic he used. Because this was done pretty early in his life before he was forced to learn more things he can even tell these glyphs on instinct at one glance. If there was any killing Eridanus today it might be because of Bob more than curiosity for a glyph. Before looking at this glyph if he could though Bob might end up seeing a fire along with two other surprised people in the forest. The drought in Sunberth must have been a lot worse than anyone had initially thought. Luckily the hot springs are already pretty near now.
Bob Barton
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Eridanus on November 19th, 2011, 10:30 am

The voices were becoming louder, and Eri turned to look at them, wondering if they were actually going to approach him. He was still too far inside the fields though, and his view was blocked by the the shrubbery. He did vaguely see movement, though he only saw the top ends of two heads bobbingcouldn't resist xD from just above the shrubbery. He could have sworn he heard three voices.

Suddenly, Eri's senses tingled for a split-second, but before he could react he heard a soft crack and the next moment later he felt like he was sitting on a very, very hot seat. He was stunned momentarily, before the gravity of the situation got to him and he began swearing loudly, uttering a series of colourful Vani words mixed in with the common Sunberth slang as he hopped around, patting the back of his pants. As expected somehow his trousers were on fire, and he yelped as the fire singed his hands, causing him to lose his balance and to fall rather stupidly on the ground.

The ground was full of sand, and this helped to immediately smother the tiny flame, though there would be a charred spot at where his butt was (though fortunately it had not completely burnt through the fabric yet, allowing the Vantha a remnant of his modesty intact). Slightly bruised, but his ego even more bruised, he looked at the glyph, focusing on the aura of the markings in the sand. He felt the standard strain come to his eyes, and he found that the markings in the sand were, well, markings in the sand. The bit of glowing that he had seen from the glyph earlier was gone, leaving him to conclude that somehow the barrier had been lowered to release the spark. Not to mention that he had probably calculated the resulting trajectory of the releasing spell wrongly, causing it to fly towards his bum rather than straight up to the sky as expected.

He shook his head, shutting off the flow of djed to his eyes and he inched toward the markings, messing the glyph up and smoothing the plot of sand over it to remove all traces of his experiment. Of course, there was only one way that his glyph would misfire, for he was sure he had tied the barrier sigil to the trigger sigil quite completely. There was really no other way to release the barrier without uttering the trigger word.

Bob.

How many people he knew in Sunberth was called Bob? What were the chances of a person called Bob who was not the midget he knew to be here at the supposed time of appointment at the supposed place of meeting? If Bob had been observing him all the while, he would not have noticed yet. Standing up, he winced as he patted the sand off his butt, his rump still tender from the excessive warmth earlier.

He looked around and attempted to spot the diminutive man. If Bob had been looking, he would storm up to the man furiously. If not, he would go out of the shrubbery and try to find the midget. Either way, he would exclaim, "Bob!" as if it were a swear word, and he he would linger for a moment, trying to contain his outburst.
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Bob Barton on November 19th, 2011, 11:39 am

No time to be looking out for an ethaefal vantha now. Bob only had his eyes on the women who had their eyes on Jinsen who had its eyes on...a ferret which was running off. The dog went for the chase but Bob was just wanted to stay with the women so much that he became a sort of anchor for the dog. "Hahaha, as you can see I have even trained Jinsen to be extremely good at tracking but the best is the obedience" which as Bob had told them earlier and is reminding them now "that I taught him on the day I got him. Best use of food ever" and it was tasty too. "Ever curious of what dog's eat? " It better not be ferrets because Bob yanked the leash back denying Jinsen its chase and pulled the dog towards him laughing at the women before crouching down to the animal with the excuse that "I think the weasel did something to it." Bob went to its ear and sternly told it that "if you ruin this for me, ferrets are going to be the least of your worries." Jinsen should understand the emotion very well that it was doing something very wrong as it always happened each time. If it did not, everytime it looked like it was about to bolt or is getting to interested with something troublesome, Bob pulled on its leash to force it to look away so that it would know that those were not worth it.

Finally Bob has had enough about all the interest on his dog instead of him and he told the women that "I am actually pretty popular in Sunberth especially with what I do." By now they would be thinking popular by working in the Kennels? Only if it were animals but that was not Bob's only activities in Sunberth. "I am also a part of the circus" he said proudly and that got him their attention from Jinsen successfully. "Uhhhh....what do I do there?" Bob cannot really say that he was only an investor and helped around to get them back on track. That would not impress anyone at all unless they were one of those golddiggers. While Sunberth had mines that was not what Bob meant. So Bob decided to say that "I am a performer of course." Not a show like they would think given his size. Naturally what they asked next was what Bob performed for the circus and that put him in a spot. Bob thought through all that he could do and got to the saying the things that he does in Syliras. "I am probably one of the best sword dancers there. Maybe if you want I can give you a few private shows or get you in to see the next performance if you are interested" in him of course.

That got him a few interested gasps but it was not as loud as when they heard Eridanus exclaiming Bob's name out loud for the whole of Sunberth to hear and an even louder gasp when they saw the angry vantha with his interesting choice of attire. Bob was at a loss when he saw Eridanus and let out a dumb comment that "I did not know that the burnt look was in this season..." Then he realized that Eridanus being here was a pretty good opportunity for him to get what he wanted. Showing him to the ladies he told them that Eridanus was "a fan out here? What luck!" and heading over towards him ask them if they "want to listen to what he has to say?"

Bob got to Eridanus and threw an arm at his shoulder asking "how do you like my skills my friend?" Pulling on hard Bob would do his best to bring Eridanus to his ear and whisper to tell him that "if you tell them all about my mad skills, I will try and hook you up for a double date alright? Just do a good job now." Rabbits? What rabbits. There was only the women now as far as Bob was concerned. It was exactly a repeat of what happened to their appointment yesterday. Bob's plan was great. Impress the women by any means necessary whether Jinsen, Eridanus or a random stranger he would stumble across and it looks like it would work if not for one slight hitch. Besides the quest shrouded in the mist of mystery and their strange day yesterday, Eridanus and Bob had nothing else related to each other. Still, Bob knew that Eridanus was a pretty competent person and hopefully his expectations of the ethaefal will not be proven to have been misplaced.
Bob Barton
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Eridanus on November 19th, 2011, 2:43 pm

Eri stormed out of the bushes, finding Bob with two attractive human women who seemed to be fawning over his dog, and he frowned. The midget was definitely one distracted person, and he wondered if he should get Bob's friends together and plot to get him attached so that he could just focus. When the Vantha set his mind on something, he tended to be pretty single minded in the pursuit of his objective, and he failed to see the amusement in the situation.

Usually though, he would be wandering all over the place, experiencing and trying new things so he probably could not blame Bob for he might be prone to the same thing. If he was not focused. Which he was now. Which made him not very understanding of the situation. Especially after Bob's "I did not know that the burnt look was in this season..." comment which made his mood even more sour. Especially since Bob was the one who activated the glyph which burned his butt. Eri conveniently ignored the fact that he was the one who set the trigger word as such as that his calculations were awry as to the resultant trajectory of the absorbed spell.

"How do you like my skills my friend?" Bob loudly proclaimed to Eri, before pulling down on him and whispering, "If you tell them all about my mad skills, I will try and hook you up for a double date alright? Just do a good job now."

That was it. Eri seethed inside, thinking of the many ways he could decapitate the midget. He wondered if midget skulls would work, and his expression changed to one of scrutiny and thoughtfulness as he considered Bob's suitability. Maybe his skull attached to a large war club? That would make an interesting weapon. Such thoughts helped to calm his rage to a more a manageable manner, and he smiled to the group (though in a rather fake manner) and said light-heartedly, "GIve me a moment ladies."

Turning around, he took several deep breaths to control his temper, recalling the breathing techniques from the meditation sessions that he had practised all in order to keep his emotions in check, and his pulse reduced, making him more rational. The idea of using Bob's skull to experiment was somewhere in the Vantha's head though, but for now he pushed it away after he satisfied his rage by fantasizing on that idea so that he would not act it out for real.

He knew he probably had to play along with Bob. His embarrassing situation the day before was still deep in his mind, and while he would probably strangle the midget if he got smacked in the face with the cane again, he played along this time.

He turned around again, his smile less fake after having calmed down, and he approached them with a flamboyant gait, the characteristic devil may care attitude back in his stride, and he remarked nonchalantly with a typical (though slightly exaggerated) bad boy smirk, "Guy's the best, ladies. Standing ovation every time. Man ain't tellin' ya tall tales, if ya get what I mean," he finished, winking conspiratorially to the women. Mortal females fall for this all the time, especially the young and easily charmed ones.

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Bob Barton on November 21st, 2011, 5:41 am

Yes...sadly enough the attractive human women were fawning over Jinsen and that got Bob to frown too though both their reasons were completely different. With Eridanus around there would be more competition but to Bob it will be a lot easier to compare himself with the vantha which is very much similar to him except for obvious shortcould not resist toocomings he had than his hairy dog. Bob could tell that Eridanus was not happy about about something from the look he had on his face but at least he got over it in the end to play along. Pretty boys must be very similar in the head with women if he was so easily taken in by a compliment for his clothes which is obviously in bad taste, another point which can be put to Bob's advantage. This was going to need a lot more looking into and the results will be a lot more better and beneficial than what Eridanus had planned for Bob's skull. Everyone who did malediction except Bob and Eridanus currently would know that you have to be pretty competent to use the parts of sentient beings but would Bob's friends who Eridanus wanted to bring him along allow him to do it? That was actually a question Bob did not want to have find the answer.

Bob put his arm around the less fake smiling Eridanus again when they headed over to the ladies like they were the best buddies in the world. Probably not what Bob should have done since he wanted to impress on them that Eridanus was a fan but meh. Bob never heard of the greats not being able to have friends. He heard about the horrors of stalkers like some camping out of Leiwinn's tents at times but never anything about not being friends. He got a little bit angry when Eridanus talked in his flirty bad boy way the way he had with the girl yesterday but Bob would not give the vantha a smack of the cane this time since he did his job so well. Bob could not help but nod agreeing when Eridanus started complimenting him but Eridanus should be able to feel Bob's arm tightening around his neck like it would do its best to strangle the winking vantha if not for the fact he had to keep up the charade.

And kept it up he did as angry as he was inside. With a smirk to match Eridanus Bob told the ladies "see? What did I tell you? I don't work with the circus for nothing" but the mizas and if he really did perform, recognition like he was hopefully getting now. Eridanus might not have known what Bob did but he made a lucky guess despite Bob wanting Eridanus to hint about their magnificent heroics during the mist. Perhaps today was a good day to hunt for lucky rabbit's feet and Bob decided to push his luck further. "So ladies...the both of us" being Bob and Jinsen "are willing to accompany you for the day and Eridanus might tag along too" though he would be forced to be a third wheel "unless another time would work better for you? You know where and when to find me" he declared with a bow and allowed the pair to be on their way.

He waved goodbye to them right until they could not be seen again before sending his elbow to Eridanus side asking "what was that about? Weren't you supposed to help me or something?" instead of making your own advances? "So much for loyalty especially all that I have done for you already" with doing his best to keep them alive during the mists, fighting off the muggers, wasting time to entertain the obsession Eridanus had with the canesword and today hunting rabbits. Bob was too awesome to waste time on something as harmless as rabbits! Rats...direrats would be a lot more better because of the exhilarating rush from the danger, or fear. "Why should I continue wasting my time here with you when those two are just waiting for me to chase after them?" Bob asked to see if the vantha would offer anything. This makes two opportunities that Eridanus has wasted for him already.

Whatever offer Eridanus gave, Bob would just sigh and tell him to "come along. Lets go hunt for that lucky rabbit" or unlucky rabbit if it got caught as Eridanus pointed out. Unless Eridanus did something stupid like try and threaten Bob into doing what he wanted before that, that is exactly what they would do. Bob did not like being threatened and bullied so if Eridanus tried that, he will see the reason why getting smacked with the cane would be the least of his worries. "I assume that you brought some things along to catch the rabbit?" another sigh will come because Eridanus could not be relied for that. "Here" Bob would say to get the vantha's attention, tossing a cage he borrowed from the Kennels since it won't be missed anytime soon but "I hope you at least have the decency to bring along bait at least." If not then it was up to Eridanus to figure something out.
Bob Barton
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Eridanus on November 21st, 2011, 8:51 am

Eri could feel Bob's arm tightening around his neck and he inwardly grinned in satisfaction. It seemed that he managed to both help and piss off Bob at the same time, adjusting the way he played along to the midget's lie to make a double-edged sword. Oh, it was clear that Bob was trying to impress the two women and wanted Eri's help as a wingman, and of course the crafty Vantha would help him, by charming the socks off the women just so he could annoy the midget while claiming that he was helping him as requested.

"See? What did I tell you? I don't work with the circus for nothing" Bob said, and Eri had to actively stop himself from bursting out in laughter. The only job he could see Bob doing was the midget attraction, and there was nothing he could do that would result in standing ovations. Bob decided to cut losses and he allowed the women to be on their way with a final invitation. Eri doubted that they would follow through as they merely smiled politely and proceeded to wherever they were going before being accosted.

"What was that about? Weren't you supposed to help me or something? So much for loyalty especially all that I have done for you already," Bob demanded, and Eri turned to look at the midget with his best puppy-dog eyes and innocent expression.

"I was helping you, Bob. Wasn't I playing along like what you wanted?" He answered in as neutral a tone he could, even putting in a slight tinge of hurt at being accused for trying to help his friend.

"Why should I continue wasting my time here with you when those two are just waiting for me to chase after them?" Bob continued, waiting for a response.

Eri sighed, and he could foresee a day ahead of them of chasing skirts and all, and he had to somehow change Bob's attention to the matter at hand. "Friendship? After all I've done for you?" He ventured, though he was sure it would probably not work. It was true though, for he had indeed helped Bob out plenty during that fiasco in the mist especially when he didn't even knew the midget, and he was pretty sure that without him the group might not have survived.

"Come along. Lets go hunt for that lucky rabbit," Bob sighed, and the Vantha could hardly believe his luck. Not wanting to put Bob off, he quickly assented, "Awesome, let's go," but before he could continue, Bob asked if he brought anything along to catch the rabbits. Eri stood there for a moment, and he timidly said, "Er... no?", and the midget sighed again, tossing a cage to Eri and asking him if he brought along bait. Eri grinned weakly again and said, "Nope," and he could see Bob's exasperation begin to build.

It was not his fault really, for he had no experience in hunting and what to expect. With the events of yesterday, there was not enough time for him to catch up on information on this, and he just assumed that Bob would lead the hunt and he would just follow along and provide assistance. He had hunted men before, during his dark days decades ago, and he assumed it would be the same, silently stalking one's prey before assassinating it in one swift stroke.

"Don't we just catch 'em and kill 'em? Why do we need cages and bait?" He asked, confused as to what their objective was. It was not as if they wanted to catch those furry animals and sell them as pets to some rich merchants so that their kids could play with it. He thought that their plan was to kill the rabbits, roast them for their meat and use their feet (which they clearly had no more use for since they were, well, dead) to try to replicate that magical phenomenon yesterday.

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Bob Barton on November 22nd, 2011, 8:53 am

OOCYou're no fun...you did not even bother to give a weak offer you cheapskate T.T For future reference he also takes favors :P

After how they had to have that gambling battle at the Pig's Foot for the girl, Bob really doubted that Eridanus was just playing along and he also doubted that his so called friend was as hurt as he put on. This was a man who had no trouble allowing a young and slightly mental boy go on ahead in a dangerous situation in an even dangerous place during the dangerous mists. The place's name which was the Wolf's Den should give more than enough a hint of its unruly character and instead of the normal monsters, they had real monsters called Craven to deal with! If Eridanus tried to tell Bob that he was the reason for Bob's survival, Bob would have made a tally of just what the both of them did for a comparison and leave with the satisfaction of knowing that he was the better. What was Eridanus without his two swords and looks? "You make friendship sound way too cheap...friend" he mentioned with a sprinkle of bitterness at the as he led the vantha. If there was ever a time Eridanus should get hurt, it would be now.

A lot of people in Sunberth owed Bob for doing so much. Cade and Antar for when Bob saved them in Stumble Alley, Zandelia when she tricked Bob into doing what she wanted and even Darik though he did not know it. Bob at one point went against his nature to let things be and tried to talk the murderous Antar, a musclebound isur and murderous konti to not kill Darik. As a result of his good nature, everyone expected Bob to do all the work or try to bully him into it because of his size. Not anymore especially with an uppity pretty boy! Bob got a little annoyed at the lack of initiative his partner had today and decided to draw out what he had accumulated all this time because "you are one lazy piece of shit you know that? You had no problem with taking the effort to foil my plans so why don't you put that same energy into working for this?" As he was yelling, he walked up to Eridanus and snatched away the cage as roughly as he could. "Look at it. It is all empty!"

Bob had to demonstrate just how stupid that Eridanus seemed to be right now. Hunting men and hunting animals should not be that different. "Unless you can read minds this is could even take a week for us" because relying on Bob for a hunt? Not that good an idea. He did not have enough experience in it himself. Bob made a big scene of holding up the cage as he faced Eridanus and threw it forward but the vantha was not his target. It was the ground beside him and Bob fully expected Eridanus to try and dodge it because "even you don't want to get near the cage." and the rabbits in his opinion should have more sense so "what makes you think you can get them? They would run away long before we reach them." Bob's very simple idea was to set a trap and wait until one of the rabbit's springs it but is that even possible without bait?

Not even Jinsen the curious dog wanted anything to do with it. Bob pointed to the cage to tell it to "see what is in the nice cage Jinsen. Go on." but the dog refused to obey and moved towards its master. After showing what he wanted to, that this was a futile exercise without proper preparations, Bob took a seat on the ground. "I am not doing all the work today Eridanus. You want the lucky rabbit's foot then you get to work" because he has had enough. "Go and find a lettuce, carrot or something for bait in the cage and bring it back here." Bob was not going to make things easy for the vantha though because he wanted a little revenge for the women. "I'll give you up to a bell, maybe before I leave and see if I can track down those two from earlier. A lot easier than rabbits. Plenty of time for you I imagine, though...I could make things a little easier. There are certain conditions to that though." As for what they are, Eridanus would only find out if he dared to ask the devious Bob for it.

OOCWanted to do for this weeks goals with the persuading in a nice way thing. Hope this is enough but since it was done at the spur of the moment it is not too good. Your decision of what you want to do with Bob XD
Bob Barton
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Eridanus on November 23rd, 2011, 1:16 pm

OOC"Ask, and ye shall receive." If that's what you want then say so xD I'm incredibly dense IRL :P

Bob replied bitterly to Eri's weak suggestion, and he began to rage at the Vantha, even grabbing the cage away from him to show him that it was empty. The man seemed to have some sort of Napoleon complex, and Eri found that many people were justified when they said that shortest people are often the angriest. He wondered if there was some sort of link between their height and rage level. While his mind was wandering Bob continued railing on the Vantha, going as far as to hurl the cage at him. Eri was pretty surprised at this sudden assault, and he did not dodge in time, forcing him to kick the cage to the side, though he was slightly too late at the metal rails hit his shin. There was a sudden shock of pain, though he refused to let it show anyhow in order not to give the midget any satisfaction.

Bob then sat on the ground, telling Eri that nothing was going to happen unless he magically procured some bait. Eri thought that at this moment the midget looked like a sort of grotesque oversized child throwing a tantrum, even from the way he demanded things and sat down huffily. He had already suppressed his anger from earlier, and seeing this display of ranting was somehow slightly humorous to the Vantha, though he tried his best to maintain a poker face throughout if he did not want to further antagonize the midget. He had no idea why he was sitting through all this except for the point of knowledge, though he had a very good idea on how to plan a proper payback after he got the information he needed. For now, he was going to let Bob have the upper hand and play along.

He refused to take up the last offer in order to keep his pride intact, and without a word he headed back into the fields, leaving Bob seated there awkwardly in the middle of the path. He walked back and forth, trying to see if he could find any woodland animals or some sort of produce that he could use as bait, but after half a bell of searching he realized that he was not going to find anything unless he went back to the city and bought it. Sighing, Eri realized that he would have to return to Bob, and return to him he did, addressing the midget, "Alright, what are the conditions, Bob. Just say it."

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next