Morning Always Follows Night (Antar)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Shai on November 27th, 2011, 11:23 pm

Timestamp: 66th of Fall, 511 AV

A slight groan escaped the tiny slumbering woman, speaking of dreams soon left behind. The morning sunlight still bothered the spider; to her it always seemed unnatural, chatoic compared to calm darkness. Rolling over her intention had been to grab for her pillow to cover her face, instead her face encountered flesh.

Shai’s body jerked rigid and her eyes flew open. ugh Light As her eyes closed again she remembered why there was a man in her bed. No, no my bed at all. The hotsprings… and Antar. Peering through mostly closed eyelids the Symenestra inspected the man beside her. More likely than not her tussling had woke him up. If she had awoke gently, the thief might have stolen further chimes in the warmth but if he was aware as well this would probably be remarkably awkward. Extracting herself from the cotton sheets she slipped out on her side of the bed.

The morning air unexpectedly struck her sending her flesh rippling into goose bumps. Easing the noise of her steps she walked upon the balls of her feet, but there was no need for visual stealth so she maintained her posture. Snatching up the first garment she encountered to shield the chill and her modesty she tugged it over her head. Pleasantly the wrinkled shirt’s hem fell just beyond her backside, although it made sense considering the rogue was almost an entire foot taller.

Her memory told her of an apple upon the table, a fruit that most would consider spoiled. Plucking the stem from the apple revealed the strange state of its contents, it moved like a thin bag of liquid not a solid fruit. Daring not to touch the produce for fear it might rupture and create a sticky mess. Instead she used one of the night’s discarded cups and scooped up her breakfast. As she had suspected as soon as the apple fell into the cup it split apart leaking amber liquid. The skin was even mostly dissolved but to provide a catalyst at the end of the venom’s coarse Shai swished the drink.

When it seemed suitably soluble she brought the glass to her lips. Turning back towards the bed she set her backside upon on the table and stopped to ponder; what comes next? Antar had asked her to stay and so the woman wouldn’t leave yet, but in the morning light she knew they would find strangers. All that had made them more the night before was lust.

Not complete strangers … We’re still partners.

ImageImage
Shai
Alone in the dark.

Words: 424135
Joined roleplay: October 9th, 2011, 5:43 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) 2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Antar on February 7th, 2012, 8:54 am

Antar opened one eye to the morning, letting a sliver of his sight allow him the vision of seeing Shai stretch and languishly make her way over to the table for her breakfast. He'd let out a small chuckle as his eyes appreciated the view. Finally though, he would prop himself up amidst the sheets to stare at her a moment as the awkward silence began.

But it didn't last for long, after all; there were plenty of ways to break the ice. "Ah... since you took my shirt you don't mind if I have a new blanket for breakfast do you?"

A small shake of her head and an almost instinctive crook of her lips in the beginning of a smile would encourage him to rise before she masked it well enough to return back to what she was doing. Though he did note her eyes lingering upon his form as he approached. But her posture stiffened as he drew closer.

No... no that wouldn't do at all.

Without much warning, he'd reach forwards lifting her off the chair as he took the seat. To be honest, the momentary shock evident upon her face amused him as he smoothly stole her chair and sat down, making sure to twist her body so she was facing him . He would let the blanket's warmth wrap around them both as he moved the symenestran to his lap guiding her legs to both sides of him as he stared into her eyes. "There, much better."

In a bit of mischief , he'd wink as her body stiffened from his sudden yet gentle manhandling, his fingers would work to undo the buttons of the shirt. He saw the confusion warring in her eyes. With one arm she would keep the cup between them, almost as if it were shield, while her other arm encircled his neck as she almost tried to pull away. But in the end something quieted her and she was straddling him, her flesh was against his, fastened there by that strange cilia she possessed.. Parts of them were touching in what could only be described as a faint set of moistened kisses to his loins as her body stirred, though his tool was pressed between them.

It was a rather intimate embrace, the embrace normally reserved for lovers comfortable with each other and Antar noted her skin still smelled of the sex from the night before. For a time , he did nothing as he began to hum slowly, as he reached behind her to pour himself a glass of cool water, and partook of a piece of fruit. He merely hummed , calming her as she finished her meal. Somewhere amidst Shai's finishing of her breakfast, and placing the cup back upon the table he'd notice her lean down to rest her head on his collarbone and close her eyes for a moment as she settled into the crook of his neck.

This was a rather pleasant moment, and one he was loathe to break... but eventually he was compelled to speak, "In my opinion my dear, such an interruption last night was truly a vulgar and rather disreputable act." She seemed silent , merely gazing at him specutively as she sipped her drink, as if they were talking about something as mundane as the weather. Though for every stretch or move he made, he'd hear slight sighs of contentment as she resettled herself against him. While she lay there he would stroke her fingers gently through her hair, deftly tucking the stray strands back behind her ears as her breathing settled into a rythm of sorts.

He ate one of the apples from the table, pondering his next thoughts. holding it in his right hand as his left dallied on the smooth skin of Shai's back beneath the fabrics of his purloined shirt as it traced a faint caress down her back. Letting his hand drift further down over her smooth silken skin of her flanks before pulling her ever closer to his bestraddled form.

Antar was a male after all, and thus confounded to all sorts of male problems which were ever more indicative to their shared awareness due to their proximity to one another. Indeed portions of his flesh hardened then even his usual problems with what many females teased a carpenter like him as 'morning wood.'

But to his mind, the only thing which mattered was the softness of her skin right now pressed against his. His voice was low, whispered and husky as the rogue finished conveying his thoughts. "I think a bit of pampering would be in order to make it up to you, my dear. This time I think it would be best to be gentle. After all, you must be quite sore. Perhaps a dip in the springs with a nice massage of heated oils? After all a wise and civil man knows that the needs of a partner should be attended to first. "

With the words hanging in the air, he would reach forwards to pluck the glass of water from the table, taking a deep drink to quench his parched throat as the action gave her a small respite to ponder.

For the briefest of instants the woman would look away as he felt a shudder ran down the course of her body beneath his fingertips. Before he might have fathomed she had shivered from the cold, but here, pressed against him now like this he hoped she shivered for a different reason. Maybe he'd find out; but only after breakfast of course. For now the rogue would only reach out to tilt her chin so he was looking in her eyes as the last of his thoughts rolled off his tongue. "Would you like that, Shai?"
"I am the Shadow and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost that hides in the night."
~Back, but slow. :)
Antar
"A thousand voices screaming in unison..."

Words: 902531
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2011, 3:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Shai on February 16th, 2012, 6:00 am

Shai watched pensively as the too-familiar stranger drew closer to her. It was a strange mix of desire and delinquency filled her chest. She’d mistakenly believed that a night of sating her lust after so long would be enough; she had assumed that was what this encounter had been. The little woman was clearly wrong, even in the morning light she wanted him. It felt wrong, not to her beliefs, but wrong in the sense that she knew she was breaking a rule. The kind of wrong that made her blood pump when she pulled a particularly brazen heist.

The spider cooperated as Antar pulled her onto his lap, as easy as it was to embarrass her in public; private was another matter entirely. It was an audience that could make her blush not her companion. Besides, the position was comfortable. Though any potential activities would need to wait, chiefly she was not done with her breakfast. But secondarily, she was sore; not due to anything done improperly it was simply a natural consequence of the night before. While he held her, Shai’s mind meandered down avenues, looking at possible consequences this morning my pose. She could come up with no outcomes that the night before couldn’t cause, she leaned in closer placing her head upon his shoulder and watched him. It was most likely her loins directing her mind, but she couldn’t help but study and attempt to commit his features to memory.

Biting back her knee-jerk reply, Shai chained it within her thoughts and covered it up with a throaty chuckle, I have never heard of a man claiming to be wise in regards to women… The spider wasn’t opposed to his continued attentions, in fact it seemed quite the opposite was true. Slowly wriggling her hips against his she smiled, “I cannot say that your further company would be unwanted, Antar.” Downing the very last of her glass, she placed back on the table with an intentional emphasizing thump.

Lowering her arms between them she re-button the shirt from the bottom up, “But, that must wait. I feel somewhat…” She trailed off as the final button nudged through the last loop, "Stale?... From last night’s activities. To wash would be refreshing.” Straightening up she planted a quick kiss on the rogue’s mouths and dismounted from his lap.

As she crossed the room to retrieve some pants, so that she might walk clothed to the bath, Shai was struck by a wearing form of sloth. The sight of the mussed bed made her wish to slump back into it and laze the rest of the morning away. No carnal activities in mind, just relaxing. It would be as physically fulfilling as Antar’s suggestions but it would still be satisfying. The spider snatched up her pants and tossed herself onto the bed, looking back at the rogue. “I believe you may be missing pants to wear outside the room. And-“ she cut off her playful taunt with a laugh,“a shirt now that I think about it.” Rising a daring eyebrow at the rogue she continued, “For all your talk about disallowing thieves it seems I have still managed to quite successfully steal from you rogue.”
Last edited by Shai on March 28th, 2012, 2:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

ImageImage
Shai
Alone in the dark.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Antar on March 28th, 2012, 1:59 am

Antar arched an eyebrow at the woman and then let a surprised look cross his face. "Oh my, who ever knew such a nice warm blanket not only could steal ," he interjected his train of thought as a sullen and somber frown of petulance graced his featured,"of course she'll be returning such things later lest it actually count, but she had the poor sense to actually get up and walk away. Even to get clothed in a rogue's shirt on a day she should be pampered?"

The man smiled at the sight of Shai as an even more teasing note came to his words, "Though I must say besided the uselessness of putting something on you'll have to take off again to go swimming with me, you do look lovely in the mornings. And here I thought I'd be taking you for a nice relaxing bath in the springs followed by a bit of a massage and a nice delivered breakfast while we simply chat and get to know one another a little more. After all , that's why this wonderful place has loincloth's for bathers. But if you don't want that day of rest and relaxation after last night's troublesome interruption I'm sure we can part ways."

Besides the fact that dallying a bit in your time with me would be perfect cover to keep you safe until I need you... was left unsaid on a higher level of thought then the normally male instinct to simply hold a female of any form near and ... well ... satisfy any urge with came along. Though that was a bit off today, he didn't really ponder the thought of trysting with her again so soon.

No the first night had been pure lust, if such was to occur again Antar imagined he would have to draw her in slowly, gaining her trust, and her thoughts. To make her smile for him alone... and mean it... Why he particularly wanted this was unclear to him, perhaps suppressed in his subconcious amidst all the stresses of being hunted his own mortality was hinting that he was lonely, or perhaps in the mood for some female companionship on a more steady manner then a one night fling of a bar-maid.

Anyone could have a barmaid with enough drink, and charisma after all.

But no matter what, there was another reason which drew him towards the future possibilities with this woman... She was interesting to him... and he was halfway sure it wasn't the sex talking to him to make him think that. Perhaps he wanted something rarer then a fling, something less then a handful of those in sunberth would deign to give another without being on their guard. A prize more precious for the taking, a day of her time only with him. A little crook of a smile played about the corner of his lips, for once a genuine one instead of a mask he used to get closer to a target. "So what do you say, care for a little dip, my dear?"
"I am the Shadow and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost that hides in the night."
Antar

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Shai on March 28th, 2012, 2:57 am

Her lips quirked, “Why, yes. Yes I do care for a dip,” The spider rolled off the bed and onto her feet. Shai was allowing his playful aire to continue between them because for once in this wretched city the woman felt safe. There was still good cause to fear the rogue but until his job was done, she suspected he would be no danger to her. The spider also had another certainty; if he wanted her dead last night was a far better chance than this morning. Additionally, she had no enemies so great as to want her deceased in a magnificent fashion. No she was…secure in both mind and body. There was no tangible attachment to Antar, no promises yet made to protect unbroken until the certain fissurious future. Snatching up a towel the Symenestra headed for the door, with her hand on the handle though she froze and spun on her heels. Grabbing a second towel she then exited the room with a quick phrased tossed over her shoulder, “Meet you there.”

Finding the bath was simple; Shai had become used to the hot spring’s lay out by now. Alone in the steamy room she had no modesty at all and peeled off the half-stolen, half-owned clothing and laid them in the corner atop her linens. Slipping into the water the spider waited pensively. Instead of considering the day ahead, or the man’s meaning to her, Shai had moved on to more important matters. There was a reason that prostitute knew all the best gossip and the phrase ’pillow-talk’ had grounds for origination. Some men complained of their day’s hardships and others of their dreams; regardless the men never seemed to understand how very much they gave away in these brief moments.

As the door opened, a smile had bloomed on her face far different from her cheeky grin earlier. In this moment she had found occasion to use the look that all women possessed and so often employed; the knowing smile. In every moment Antar spent with her, Shai would learn something new and so when the time came to pass that his job was complete and she became obsolete, the little spider would be far too valuable to crush. Either she would find herself an instrument to his goals or a keeper of information, the ignorant rogue wouldn’t know what hit him. But Shai would…

Her motivations may have been tinged with her wicked desire for one outside her people, but there was no doubt at all that in the spider’s mind she’d found an exceptional associate. As long as she could, she would hold on to Antar and use him to further her ends. He might be more useful than all of the others combined, but only time could tell.

Sinking down beneath the surface she soaked her hair.

ImageImage
Shai
Alone in the dark.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Antar on June 10th, 2012, 7:30 am

Antar smiled as the symenestran vixen walked away, his eyes letting themselves drift over the curves of her body, languishing in the view. He wasn't a prude with women, he just appreciated their... finest assets. Most especially the asset of their minds. A dull but beautiful woman could only hold his interest for a set period of time. About as much time as it took to woo her and then be gone in the morning.

But this little vixen was a little different then the rest.

She had started out on the other side of the equation, the side of the equation where Antar measured 'potentially useful' and 'worthy of being dead.' Indeed it was her wits that drew him most to her, and even being with her last night had undoubtedly saved his life. However, that wouldn't save him from the tedious process of fixing this room up in the coming days after that attack.

The hotsprings owners wouldn't be especially appreciative of the damage, though he thought they would understand when he had told them before he was in hiding when they had asked about the girl. The girl had been sent to Mura five days ago, to a place where she could be healed, a gift to her dead brother for giving him the information for the first round of this game of cat and mouse with the assassin sent to kill him.

There was a long stalk going on between them, and his mind was almost obsessive about ending this little spiral of death that was interupting his life. Only Shai could now prove the means to do so... so he wanted to keep her happy. His concessions to spend a morning pampering her were no joke. Indeed he did not wish to take... further liberties.

If they came on their own though he wouldn't mind.

Rathere he wished to soothe her muscles, and relax her enough to send her on her way as the silent ace she might become to help him later on. Bait, hiding in plain sight until the endgame came.

Sighing , the rogue would shake himself out of his thoughts and rise to his feet to enter the bathroom. There, he gave some feed to Ellise and grabbed a lounging robe to go downstairs. After a small show of an arrow to the mistress of the hotsprings, Natlana would only look at him with narrowed eyes and nodded saying he would be moved to an inner facing room. Before he could enter the private bath, Mac himself would venture up to him and ensure him that the servants would place extra guards in the near future.

Noth nodded and bid them both his thanks before disappearing into the steam cloaked foyer of the private bath, noticing his companion already having slipped into the warm waters. Removing his robe, the rogue slid into the heated pool resting at the edge as he simply watched the long haired beauty rinse the strains of the night away, Smirking slightly he could not resist teasingly calling out to her, unknowing if she noticed his presence yet or not. "Having fun already my dear?"
Antar

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Avarice on November 7th, 2014, 5:26 am

Greetings! Salutations! Hello! *insert all other greetings in ze world*

I am Avarice, your lovely AS of Sunberth; and I am here to inform you that there is something wonderful coming your way...A Grade! Yes. You've finished a thread and it was wonderful so below you'll find your hard-earned XP and Lores. Any questions? PM me! (Don't be shy, I don't bite...I promise!) Also, please be sure to edit your post in the request thread to reflect your having received a grade!

Shai
XP
  • Stealth +1
  • Observation +2
  • Flirting +1
  • Rhetoric +2
  • Navigation +1
LORES
  • Waking Up Beside Antar
  • Antar: A Familiar Stranger
  • Antar: A Means to Further My Ends
  • A Sore Morning After
  • A Feeling of Sfety Breeds Banter
MISCELLANEOUS
  • N/A

Antar
In light of your departure, your grade has been withheld. Upon your return, simply shoot me a PM and I'll gladly award your XP and Lore.

Yours Truly,
- Avarice <3
Avarice
Twister's Avaricious Minion; AS of Sunberth

Words: 128126
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2014, 3:12 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)