[Eri's Scrapbook] The Loony Bin :)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Eridanus on November 29th, 2011, 6:31 am

This is my first post in my scrapbook! I actually want a proper place to settle my own admin stuff, so I will do so for this post xD

My NaNo Challenges!
Week One Thread Challenges - Brought to you by Seodai
  1. Visit Dictionary.com. Implement the word of the day into your NaNo posts (quean). http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic15251.html
  2. Your character must encounter another character that is of a race or species that they have never met before. http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic15439.html
  3. Include both a bunny (yes, a rabbit) and a running man in the same post. http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic15650.html

Week Two Thread Challenges - Brought to you by Jameson Kindle
  1. BREAK SOMETHING. A bone, a weapon, some glass, some pottery, a chair... Anything, whether through rage or being a klutz. Just break it, and break it real gooooood. http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic15591.html
  2. Incorporate a pun. Need tips on puns? Pop into chat. The chat-goers pun-battle all the time. http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic15251.html
  3. Dance in the rain. It's not raining in your thread? Make it rain. THEN dance in it http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic15283.html

Week Three Thread Challenges - Brought to you by Bob Barton
  1. Be the man (or woman) with the plan, or help someone else with theirs http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic15619.html
  2. Interrogate or "persuade" someone for/about something you want in a "good way" (take this literally or use your imagination ;)) http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic14968.html
  3. Give someone something nice with something bad (on purpose or by accident) like for example: bitter sweetrolls or roses with bees http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post126593.html

Week Four Thread Challenges - Brought to you by Gillar
  1. Embarrass yourself in order to get something you want such as a kiss from a girl or boy or a free meal for example. http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic16081.html
  2. Experience a bad day where nothing seems to go right; unexpected hazards threaten to harm you, you step in horse manure, your pants rip at the crotch, your pick-pocketed, these all could be examples of things that would happen to screw up your day. http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post124903.html
  3. Encounter a flora or fauna that is not known to you; nature of the encounter is up to you. http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic15650.html

Zomg one more challenge and I'm done!
I AM DONE WOOHOO

My thoughts on hitting 50k

Some people go all "OMG ERI YOU'RE A POSTING DEMON" when they see my word-count rise, and quite a few people asked me how I did it. It's probably too late to share it now, but I would think that it's because of the setting of Mizahar that allowed me to engross myself. When I create a character (that applies to other RP sites too btw), I invest a lot of myself into it, taking the time to make it realistic, to put myself in my PC's shoes, and see the world through my PC's eyes. Mizahar invoked a huge sense of wonder within me that made me want to truly experience and discover the world, and so it was not really difficult to write about it. I also focus on my character's backstory, and because of my exams am unable to fully do so during November. Come winter when last paper is done, I will fully explore my character's backstory with a series of 'origins' flashbacks that and I am frankly quite excited for that time to come. The potpourri of ideas in my head had been swirling around, that I keep editing and re-editing will be ready for production come December, and being able to properly flesh out my character's history finally is... well, exciting :P

On an unrelated note, I think I overdid the pun bit. I blame Bob :P Somehow when I thread with him I always end up punning like mad xD

Ideas for Revamping CS

I'm going to revamp my CS to make it nicer in December when I have more time, and quite frankly I'm not a very aesthetic-y person. If anyone actually bothers to read this newbie's scrap, what are your comments on something I scrounged up below? (Free cookies if anyone managed to guess who gave me the inspiration for that style :P)

Image Personal Proficiency XP
Image Flux Novice 5
Image Auristics Novice 4
Last edited by Eridanus on December 6th, 2011, 1:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

[Eri's Scrapbook] Starry Wonderland of Beautiful Madness

Postby Eridanus on November 30th, 2011, 1:09 pm

I find this hilarious, maybe because my favourite character in Alice in Wonderland is the Cheshire Cat, and also because I'm a total prankster/troll IRL xD

NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

[Eri's Scrapbook] Starry Wonderland of Beautiful Madness

Postby Eridanus on December 5th, 2011, 7:44 am

For some reason I'm out of muse-points, and there's no Potion of Muse around for me to recharge >.< This means I need to take a short break before I can begin posting. Fortunately, everyone's probably doing that as well so there's no real pressure on me to post teehee :D

On another note, I was actually aiming for one medal (the NaNo one) and now somehow I ended up with 4! It's such a pleasant surprise :)

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Eridanus on December 6th, 2011, 2:06 pm

It's strange how I always start training threads with a boring goal in mind, like "train this" or "train that", and somehow I always end up with something that surprises me, like a serious character development plot, or a mystery/conspiracy, or fleshing out things in nitty-gritty details.

Examples I can pick out from the top of my head right now:
1) A thread which started with the intention of creating some circumstance for another PC to meet Eri (yawnz i know) somehow ended up with Eri being caught up by the demons from his past... *ooh conspiracies*
2) I started a boring training thread about voiding and somehow found myself exploring Eri's philosophical viewpoint on life and purpose, along with fleshing out the voiding curriculum in zeltiva university in excruciating detail (which I hope oracle accepts! :P)
3) A yawn-inducing thread that was meant to quickly grind some glyphing XP suddenly turned into a mystery involving a book that is centuries old. Sounds like an Enid Blyton tale! "The Famous Five and the Ancient Book". lol.

This must mean my muse is coming back to bless me with such inspirations! Do anyone get such surprising twists when they write?

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gabrielle Seawind on December 6th, 2011, 3:03 pm

Do you mean the ideas suddenly just pop out? I think it's amazing how you can some up with interesting plot lines in the middle of a thread. ;p
Gabrielle Seawind
Just Another Pirate

Words: 116325
Joined roleplay: November 1st, 2011, 12:34 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Eridanus on December 8th, 2011, 9:41 am

Well it's something like that xD But yeah... it's mostly dependent on my muse and now it's protesting about how I squandered my time on skyrim instead of using it appropriately. I probably deserve my uninspiring moments though since I pretty much overworked my muse during NaNo. I'm expecting a letter from the Muse Labour Union threatening to send me to court for abuse of creativity D:

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Eridanus on December 11th, 2011, 8:15 am

Eri! No more slacking! No more skyrim! Start posting now!

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Eridanus on December 14th, 2011, 6:13 pm

To peeps waiting for me to post, understand that I'll be slower than my usual speed as I am involved in an upcoming competition that turned out to be even earlier than expected, and so I have to devote more time to my crew to make things work xD

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Eridanus on December 20th, 2011, 10:52 am

I'm going holidaaaayyyyy~~~

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Eridanus on January 9th, 2012, 10:36 am

Hi everyone it's me again! Unfortunately, Real Life strikes and it seems that it's packed more than usual. This means that I am cutting down on time spent on a plethora of activities (ie activities unrelated to school) and sadly this means Mizahar too.

I will only guarantee activity (that's the time I have to spare) on Fallacy's Alvadas SQ. Any other threads I'll try my best to respond if I have free time leftover, and of course if there are Miz deadlines I have to adhere to I will of course settle them ASAP.

This means that I can't start any more threads or it'll be unfair to my new RP partner as well as old ones waiting for replies.

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next