(Flashback) This Place, This Face

Auldwin's hard work did not pay off. He was not able to gain the help of a Spiritist, one of the few entities that could help him. Do second chances exist?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An inland sea created by Ivak's cataclismic fury during the Valterrian, the Suvan Sea is a major trade route and the foremost hub for piracy in Mizahar. [lore]

Postby Auldwin on November 29th, 2011, 8:02 am

84th of Winter, 510 AV

Failure. It was something Auldwin was learning the experience of very quickly. In life the man had never really thought about those days he spent walking the world and doing his job as small successes. To him they were just small steps taken to continued survival. How wrong he was, and how much he missed the things that were once so negligible. To feel the cradling essence of the ground beneath his feet, for his skin to taste the soft flesh of the grass, or even the sting of a sharp rock would have been a blessing. Now he could only watch in melancholy fascination as the ground passed beneath him as he floated northward toward the coast of Cyphrus, the place he felt the bars of his ethereal prison grow the most tense.

There was a man, a Drykas man whom had the touch of Spirituality about him. The Ghost, even as inexperienced as he was back then believed he could draw it out of him with force. How wrong he had been. His one link to the mortal world, his one conduit to the closest feelings of life a Ghost could ever possibly receive...gone. All that effort turned against Auldwin. His own actions were treasonous, and he was left once again with no one to rely on but himself. The Drykas didn't understand them. All that he had met seemed to either be unresponsive toward his advancing questions, or reluctant to release any possible information. They were a hard people to breach as an outsider, and even more difficult as a Ghost, despite his desperate situation.

That feeling of ostracism drove Auldwin away. Far enough away from civilization to float about and take time to think of what to do next. He wandered for days, watching the sun travel across the sky, chased by the moon. The duo of skyward migrants moved in that loop, over and over again. Sometimes Auldwin would stop to think to himself, how long had he been traveling from the south? Ten days? Twenty days? Time seemed so irrelevant now. All that remained was this dreadful existence. The torturous sentence of watching a world pass him by that he struggled so hard to be a part. To think in life he took all that interaction for granted. What he wouldn't give to have it now. Even to feel the sweat as it rolled down his brow, or the pains of tired muscles as they moved to power his body forward. Nothing. Just the sun and the moon. Dark and the light, growing and fading into one another.

He continued along the coast, moving up and down the rocky crags that dotted the middle Suvan Sea. There he saw the fewest of Mizahar's residents. What few were left on that damnable planet. The occasional sea bird waddled out of the way of Auldwin's passing, bringing the cold breath of the winter wind wherever he went. The temperatures of the waters dropped, the twinge of the air became uncomfortable, but just like all things it passed as Auldwin continued forward, never stopping. He didn't require rest anymore. There was no solace in sleep, it wouldn't provide him with a fresh new day. He had no eyes to close, no physical body that requested the respite of true rest. More days passed.

One day he found something unusual. Something different from all the land he had crossed. The difference wasn't immediate or striking. In fact, it was possible that anyone but a Ghost could have very well passed it by. There was destruction, but many places in Mizahar lie in ruins, pathetic remnants of what they once were. These ruins were different though, and even from the distance Auldwin could feel it. It wasn't like a chill, or a shiver, it was something perhaps only the dead could truly understand. It was the strange pull of a place where death had occurred. Auldwin had felt it before just after he died, it had led him to Black Rock, as if it was to be his savior. In a way, that city of the damned was. It was there he learned what it meant to be a Ghost. Within that island he came to understand his new existence, and the powers of Soulmist and Spiritists. Now he could feel it again, but it was different. It was more focused, sharper.

If the cut that Black Rock had made into Auldwin's senses was like a broad sword, this feeling was more like a dagger. Precise, deep, deadly. Just what had he come across he wondered? Unlike the living, Auldwin didn't feel the fear to turn back, there was so little anything could do to him now. That wilderness that once taunted him, that made him live within the safety of the walls of Syliras from fear seemed so tame these days. He floated through all of it with impunity. Through it's heat, it's cold, it's rain, it's lightning, it's creatures, all of it. Very few times had he felt anything when he traveled, but this was one of those times. Auldwin found himself transfixed with closing in upon the ruins, unable to turn back. It was as if a new road had recently opened up to him, and his only choice was to travel down it's length in order to learn of it's destination.
Auldwin
In this state I can find a purpose.

Words: 166853
Joined roleplay: October 1st, 2011, 11:48 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Medals: 1
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Trident on November 29th, 2011, 9:45 pm

Camdren stood, waiting.

The drykas stood with his back on his home, one of the few remaining structures in the ruins. While it was still-standing, chunks and bits of it had fallen out over the time, leaving it in a sorry shadow of it's once-proud state. Half of the southern wall was gone, and the second floor was completely unusable; but it still sufficed as a living space, so Camdren was content.

The building had been built on the very outskirts of the Yuanu Ruins, probably for the best. Gods know the inhabitants that lived in weren't too friendly with Camdren, especially after what he did to one of their companions...though that had been warranted.

But this was not about the past. This was about the present, and the near-present; specifically, what was coming in the near-present.

Camdren had spotted him a couple days ago by way of glyphs placed around the ruins. Protection, his Ankal had said, but in reality they functioned more like early-warning systems. Apparently his Ankal believed Camdren could handle any thread that approached Yuanu Ruins, and while the drykas wasn't sure on that account, he was sure that he could handle what was approaching now; a ghost.

Camdren ever so slightly shifted position, the beads in his hands clanking together with more weight that they should have had. He was an unremarkable man, with brown hair fading to grey and a slim body that had somehow managed to avoid the fattening of age. His face was taunt, drawn, displaying the anxiety and awareness the man felt. Eyes as black as night squinted as he sized up that which was approaching over the horizon.

It was most definitely a ghost. There was no doubt in the way it moved, the way it flickered in and out. It didn't seem as used to it's state as the ghosts of the ruins - though they had had plenty of time to adapt to their new forms. This new ghost, however, seemed unused to his ethereal shape. A newly formed one, perhaps.

Then it would be easier to handle. The ghost did not seem to notice him, even as he drew ever nearer to Camdren's unwavering form. Drifting over the land, as if pulled by some force to the ruins, the ghost drew closer still, but still did not seem to notice Camdren. Hm. He could use that to his advantage, then.

Camdren shook back his hand, sliding the beads onto his arm much like a bracelet. One tanned hand came up to grasp the bow of yew that lay across his back. The other grabbed one of the arrows, an ominous bolt made of weeping willow and fletched with raven's feathers. The tip seemed to almost glow in the dying light. Weapons in hand, Camdren made to approach the ghost on whispered feet.

When he had drawn close enough, Camdren called out jovially enough, if one could forget the armament in his hand -
"Hail, specter! What are you doing here, on forbidden grounds?"

While his words were friendly, his actions were decidedly less so. As he spoke, he stood up straight from the patches of grass that ranged among the ruined buildings, revealing himself to the ghost. The arrow and bow were drawn taut by his practiced hand. And the souldart in his arrow was aimed straight for Auldwin's heart.

Development ThreadDS OfficeSuvan SeaSuvan Sea Lore

---

Accepting more moderated threads now on a limited basis. PM me for more information.
Trident
Welcome to no man's land

Words: 105060
Joined roleplay: November 19th, 2011, 3:58 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Auldwin on November 30th, 2011, 2:09 am

Auldwin had to use his imagination in trying to establish just how cold it must have been in the winter there by those ruins. It was like the whole place was made of solid death, and the cold probably did little to give what was left of the structures that filled the area any semblance of civility. Just what had happened here? What could have occurred at these ruins to give Auldwin such an overwhelmingly strange internal response. He couldn't feel the brisk winter air against his skin, but he could feel the unnatural remnants of...something throughout this land. Were they negative emotions? The remains of Soulmist from other Ghosts? Auldwin wasn't sure. The place was both oddly enticing and similarly repugnant to what could pass for his Ghostly senses.

Auldwin would have continued until he heard the sound of a man calling out to him. His flickering form turned slightly, and once he was half facing the origin of the voice he found himself looking toward a man with a bow and arrow. Was he...drawing and aiming it at Auldwin? There wasn't any need to take a second glance around him, he was fairly positive there weren't any other living creatures loafing about. In all his time Auldwin had tried, but had never managed to come into contact with a truly talented Spiritist. As such, his knowledge of the various capabilities of a higher level Spiritist eluded him. For this reason Auldwin didn't seem to pay much mind to the bow, in his mind there was nothing it could do to him regardless.

That very thought brought about a second internal notation. Auldwin was clearly a Ghost, he hadn't even made the effort to Materialize, and the man called him a specter with his own lips. To appeal to a Ghost and still draw a weapon with that much confidence...was there something Auldwin was missing? He decided to respond to the man's question, "I didn't realize this was forbidden. Although I'm not exactly sure what it's forbidden against, there doesn't seem to be all that much here. I travel all throughout the region of Cyphrus. Sometimes to get away from the mania of the living. Other times I feel myself unable to bear the thought of not having that mortality surrounding me. A 'project' I was working on in Endrykas turned out to be a complete failure." the project was of course the budding Spiritist amongst the Drykas, and the failure was Auldwin being unable to get the man to embrace his spiritual sensitivity.

"Still though, I can feel something...lingering in this place. It's a pull I haven't felt in a long time. You're the only person I've seen in...I can't remember how long. What would someone of flesh and blood want with forbidden ruins? And what's with the bow? You seem to know what I am." Auldwin's reply put forth his most puzzling inquires. Ghosts wandered around, at least some did. Why would the living be out in a place like this though? Looking for treasure and lost artifacts, no doubt. No matter, Auldwin was confident in himself, being competent in both the projection of his own Soulmist, as well as the Possession of the living. If this unremarkable gent was some sort of madman, Auldwin wasn't sure he'd have the compassion to keep himself from killing him, especially after the infuriating of that so called 'failed project'.

But there was yet another nagging feeling which etched it's way into the back of Auldwin's translucent head, and that was the appearance of that bow and the arrow it contained. The Ghost had been attacked by all manners of things in his incorporeal form. Snakes, horses, feral cats, and of course the occasional person taking a swing before they realized that Auldwin had no material with which to injure. They'd all attacked Auldwin with zero effect, and those results after a lengthy period of several years worked to give the Ghost a sort of vestment in his own immortality. Those that knew of Auldwin's nature typically admitted that they had no way to injure him, but this singular man seemed so cheerful in his ranged weapon battle stance that it was almost irritating to the Ghost.
Auldwin

Character sheet

Postby Trident on December 5th, 2011, 8:20 pm

By the way the ghost seemed unaffected by the souldart, Camdren knew the ghost was either newly formed or has little contact with Spiritists. Both could work in his favor.

"You must not be from this area of Cyphrus, because all of the local pavilions know to stay well away from this place." Camdren stood motionless, listening to Auldwin talk. He didn't loosen his grip on the bow, nor did he let the arrow loose. He didn't move at all.

"Endrykas? That explains it. Many of those of the tent city aren't even aware the place exists." He gave a dry, humorless laugh. "That's probably for the best."

"There are things that even I know not of these ruins, and this "pull" you speak of is not familiar to me. Don't interpret that wrongly, I do not doubt your honesty; in my seven years here I have experienced and seen things I once thought were impossible. I doubt even Alveta truly knows what happens deep within the ruins. As for my reason here..." The older Drykas gave a knowing smile, "...That is for me to know, and you to find out."

Silence, interrupted only slightly by the ghost's second and final question. In response, the man sighed, resisting the temptation to roll his chocolaty brown eyes. It seemed it had been the first option with this one, then. Camdren lessened the pressure on the bow, letting it the arrow fall limp. As he begun to put the bow and arrow back into the quiver, he spoke once again;

"You must be new then, if you know not what I am or what I carry. I am a Spiritist, one who communes with things that do not live. The arrow I have, these arrows - they all contain a souldart at it's tip. It's a quarrel of sorts, infused with mine own Soulmist. If a souldart touches a ghost, well...Let's just say the result won't be pleasant." The man's eyes flashed, and the message came across. This was not a man to be trifled with.

"I am Camdren of the Tallgrass pavilion. Do you still carry a name, specter? Who were you whilst you were alive, and why do you cling onto this new life?"

---

Accepting more moderated threads now on a limited basis. PM me for more information.
Trident
Welcome to no man's land

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Auldwin on December 7th, 2011, 7:13 am

Not from that area? That was an understatement. Auldwin actually knew nothing at all of the area he was in. Ever since he died he was away from everything familiar. In a way he was slowly learning through his consistent wandering. Even now he knew a thing or two about the Endrykas, with all the time he spent around the pavilions and the clans. He knew enough to speak their language, understand how the migratory camp moved, and knew of some of their customs. A great deal of the lifestyle was still lost to him.

He watched that bow lower, the sights of the fletched arrow moved away from his spectral body, as if the Drykas was disappointed. Auldwin froze when he heard who the man was, and what he held. Soulmist...souldart...this was a Spiritist? A true Spiritist, trained in the arts and advanced in his craft? Up until that point Auldwin had only heard of the capabilities of a Spiritist to combat Ghosts. When he envisioned such a thing in his mind, he pictured strange symbols carved on the ground and a lot of chanting. This man though, he said that he possessed 'Soulmist'. How was such a thing even possible? Possible or not, Auldwin knew an opportunity when it came before him, one with so much value that there was no way not to seize it immediately.

"So you...YOU'RE a Spiritist? This is incredible. A real Spiritist...I might seem a bit surprised but a trained Spiritist is extremely hard to find. A Spiritist is exactly what I was searching for. I had believed there was one in the Endrykas but...I was wrong. It could have been that you were what was pulling me here. Perhaps it was the quality of your Soulmist." Auldwin paused and thought for a moment, where to start? His hands sought to creep upward and capture the man before him, that was how valuable he was. Of course they remained by his sides as the Ghost struggled to maintain every ounce of civility he had. In that one moment it was possible that he felt a joy and accomplishment that he had not felt since the days when he drew breath.

There was no reason to hide anything he was, or any of his reasons. Auldwin had to tell the man everything he knew. If there was any chance he would gain the knowledge he sought, he had to at least try. "Sorry to bombard you with this, but my name is Auldwin, from Syliras. I came to the Endrykas years ago to visit my father and was subsequently...killed by a Ghost. I have to find this Ghost...I must but...I'm not sure what I could do if I did. A Ghost trying to interact with a Ghost is futile. But, if I had those abilities, as a Spiritst does, I may at least be able to get answers. What I'm asking is...is it possible for a Ghost to learn of Spiritism?"
Auldwin

Character sheet

Postby Trident on December 11th, 2011, 9:32 pm

When Auldwin got excited about him, Camdren refrained from saying anything, merely cocking an eyebrow. He listened in silence to the ghost talk, taking it in without a word. When they came to the part where Auldwin wished to learn Spiritism, however, he found himself unable to stay quiet any longer.

"You want to learn Spiritism? That's...that's...highly unusual. I've never heard of a ghost Spiritist before, and with that type of knowledge, a ghost could wreck a lot of havoc." Camdren gave Auldwin a hard look, as though attempting to uncover any sort of guilt in him.

"But...there might be a way for me to teach you Spiritism. However...I need you to do something for me in return. Before we go on, however, I need you to come indoors. I fear we might have attracted the attention of the natives." Out of the corner of his eye, Camdren spotted a flickering form, just barely visible on the horizon. He didn't look at the man directly, but instead turned around and ushered Auldwin inside, shutting the door behind him firmly. Once it was closed, a soft rune glowed against the door, and the ghost faded away.

Inside, Camdren's house was small but cozy. The walls and floor were worn-down, as befitting an age-old house half in ruins, but the furniture was new and of Drykas origin. The room was also sealed off, contained within a single room that had remained intact among the ruins of the rest of the house. The style of said room was spartan; In the corner, a pot boiled on a contained fire, and a bedroll inhabited the other corner. There was a single bookcase against the rightside wall and a wicker chair next to it. Beyond that, however, there wasn't anything of note.

Camdren turned on Auldwin as soon as he was sure the glyphs placed around the house were working. "We're safe to talk in here." He said. "But I'd rather not chance it, so I'll keep it short. You need to learn Spiritism, and I need a task done. It is a task that can only be accomplished by a ghost, for it involves another ghost." Camdren gave Auldwin a grim smile. "It seems Lhex smiles on us both, eh? We found each other when we needed something from the other."

"I need you to spy on a ghost that inhabits these ruins, a woman by name of Valorona Starveil. In return, I'll teach you Spiritism. Until you agree, I cannot tell you more; so, do you? Are you willing to do a favor for me in return for lessons?"

---

Trident
Welcome to no man's land

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Auldwin on December 17th, 2011, 10:32 pm

It was a slight success to not have the man shooing Auldwin away immediately after his quick worded tirade. Excitement was a difficult thing to contain when the very reason for your existence was starting to get clearer. It was if a book had been written about Auldwin's entire life, or death as the case may be, and although the print within was blurry, parts and bits were becoming legible. The closer he got to his goal, the more he felt his Soulmist roiling, waiting for the chance to act, to seize the opportunity he had been waiting for. Those years, even if they were a faction of the time many other Ghosts had existed, were an eternity long enough for Auldwin.

Auldwin followed the man into his home, taking care to eye the entity that had taken an interest in the pair. It seemed Auldwin was not alone in his supernatural lifestyle, other Ghosts existed in this place as well, and it made sense considering the skilled Spiritist in the vicinity. The Ghost floated serenely inside, looking at the various carvings and runes, foreign and odd compared to Auldwin's slight Spiritism knowledge. This man lived with little luxury, just like Auldwin. While Syliras had any and everything available, in life the Ghost had little monetary capital to take advantage of those niceties.

Listening to the Drykas's request, Auldwin couldn't help but think how unusually simplistic it sounded. Spying on another Ghost? Certainly that couldn't be to ridiculously difficult. "Help you to help myself, of course." the apparition agreed. Auldwin knew there had to be more to this entire request. He knew not of the 'havoc' a Ghost with Spiritism could cause, but if it was substantial he imagined that any task worth it's knowledge would be similarly complex. "Though I can't help but feel like there is more to this story than simply wandering about as I typically do. What else should I know about...Valorona?"
Auldwin

Character sheet

Postby Trident on December 18th, 2011, 2:21 am

Camdren shifted underneath Auldwin's gaze. "Well...there is something more to the story." Camdren looked cunningly at the ghost. "Does this mean that we have a deal?"

If Auldwin agreed (and in Camdren's mind, he knew he would; the man's want was that noticeable) the man would continue talking, waving around his hands every now and again to accentuate his words.

"Valorona Starveil...she's a strange one. She's one of the four ghosts that primarily dwelt around these parts, and was born well before the Valterrian took place. She was killed, and the rest of the people that lived here, by the Suvan government. They did it to hide a secret that this town possessed, one that might have spelled disaster for Suva."

"Beyond that, however, I do not know anything about her or whatever she is guarding. She and the other three stayed behind as specters to guard this secret, and have done so since then. They've not even told me what it is - if they even know what it is. Only recently did the Drykas discover the ghosts here, and assigned me here to make sure they didn't do anything rash." Camdren laughed and shook his head. "The real reason is they're scared of whatever is within these ruins."

"Recently, I've noticed a...change in Valorona. She's always been different, you see, because she's still mourning the loss of her husband even after all these years. A very sorrowful ghost." And then, for a moment, Camdren almost seemed as though he felt pity for her; and then, his face tightened once more. "I think that sadness had turned to hate. Hate for this place, this world. Why do I feel this way? Because she's started to...disappear. Every now and again she'll just...vanish. I've questioned the other ghosts on this, but they've said nothing. I've even tried following her a couple of times, but that's always failed." Camdren sighed. "As a ghost, she's a bit...hard to follow. Especially when she does something like phase through a wall."

"This might not have raised any significant alarms if I had not noticed several other figures lurking around the ruins. You're not the first to trigger my alarms, Auldwin. There have been others...but they are always long-since gone by the time I visit. My glyphs only note disturbances, not who made it or where they went. The only concrete detail they tell me is that the trigger of the alarms are human." Once again, Camdren sighed; it was obvious the situation did not please him.

"I can't help but feel as though Valorona's disappearance and the humans are linked. Could it be nothing? Maybe. But nonetheless I'd just like to know what is going on, as I've been assigned the duty to make sure nothing happens here. It would mean a lot to me if you followed Valorona and report back to me what she's up to, seeing how I cannot do so." Camdren glanced up at Auldwin, looked here right in the eyes. "It means so much to me I would teach you the basics of Spiritism for it."

---

Trident
Welcome to no man's land

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Auldwin on December 31st, 2011, 4:36 am

Pre-Valterrian Ghosts, now that was something else. Auldwin's thick brows raised somewhat at the very mention, although considering how dulled his overall details were upon his face, it could have been difficult to notice. Although the Ghost didn't have the best historical backing when it came to Mizahar's timeline, he understood well enough that the Valterrian was a long time ago. The year itself was enough to recognize that, but for a Ghost to exist for such a period, he couldn't even imagine it. It was true that not every day as a Ghost was unbelievable torture, but it was bad enough that a decade of it would have been reason enough to return to the cycle even without the accomplishment of whatever bond Auldwin imagined one would have. Or would it?

Auldwin had only been upon the land for a few years, but those did not pass slowly. As much as he had no use for time, it still took long enough for those seasons to change. Five hundred times they would have changed for this Ghost, what kind of insanity could keep a Ghost tethered that long. "If I wasn't one myself, I wouldn't believe it. To think that those emotions can stay strong after five hundred years...it's almost impossible. It makes sense that there's some kind of breakdown after all that time. I suppose that's my largest advantage, that due to my....'youth' I can still think clear enough. My humanity is still intact. I know well enough the maneuverability of Ghosts though, so I think I'll be able to follow her well enough." Auldwin replied, sounding fairly confident in his words.

Even if Auldwin hadn't had hundreds of years of practice being a Ghost, he had found Black Rock quickly after his death, and there trained under a significant amount of Ghosts that shared his grasp on lucidity. He wasn't perfect, that was for sure, but he was a good sight better than the common Ghost that wandered about with little understanding of their purpose. "Leave it to me, one good deed deserves another. Though I wouldn't be foolish enough to believe myself to be completely immortal, I've learned there's little a Ghost can do to another Ghost without the appropriate training. I'll find out where she's going, count on it."

Auldwin took a moment to himself, trying to determine if there was anything he had left out. Of course the age of the ruins and their history left some large holes to be filled, but his task was straight forward. Either he'd find something, or it would just be his imagination. For the honor of learning Spiritism, Auldwin would take that chance. It was time to find out just how skilled a Ghost he was, "I'll start immediately. If she's one of four Ghosts, what does she wear, or look like in her appearances? Just to make sure I've got the right one."
Auldwin

Character sheet

Postby Trident on January 3rd, 2012, 9:47 pm

"In my line of experience, there are two types of ghosts. The ones that last...and the ones that don't. Just as most people are weak-willed or strong-willed, so ghosts either last for a short duration or a long duration. The latter often have some sort of purpose that binds them to this life. Revenge, wish fulfillment...or even a higher purpose. That is why Valorona Starveil stays. She feels, just like the other three, that they have a duty to protect and defend whatever lies within Yuanu Ruins. Even though she still mourns for her husband." Camdren frowned, his charcoal eyes darkening as he spoke.

"Don't worry, I don't expect you to do anything. Just take surveillance. Find out what she's doing and report back to me. Even if they don't materialize, there are various signs that a trained observer can use to tell a ghost is here. That is how I discovered you. That and my glyphs."

"I'd like to give you the full indoctrination on how to spot ghosts, but time is of the essence. The longer you remain, the more likely one of the residents will notice you're here. And for this to succeed, you must remain covert."

"So. I'll give you it in brief. Basically speaking, abnormal conditions are a sign that a ghost may be present. A sudden drop of temperature, a sudden smell, unseen whispering voices, random feelings of anxiety...individually, they may be ordinary or the product of an overactive imagination...the key is to spot them happening in tandem. The more that happen, the more likely it is a ghost."

"As you can probably tell, sighting a ghost is a very imperfect and subtle art. Luckily for us, Valorona isn't the most secretive of ghosts. She doesn't hide her form. Even when not Materialized - which is a lot of the time - and ethereal she is easy to spot; a shimmer in the air, emissions of Soulmist, that sort of thing. I'm sure it won't be too hard for you to find and track her."

Camdren moved to the door of the house, and then his hand hovered on the door. "She's tall and stately, with bronzed skin and dark hair. She usually wears a grey dress. And, if she's not already on the move, you'll probably find her at the shore."

Camdren turned to face Auldwin, staring his in the eyes - or when his eyes had once been. "Are you ready to do this?" he asked solemnly.

---

Trident
Welcome to no man's land

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Next