[Adventure] Let's Make a Deal [Zefiel, Jaq, Weyliss, Sasin]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Re: [Adventure] Let's Make a Deal [Zefiel, Jaq, Weyliss, Sasin]

Postby Nyahna Sasin on March 17th, 2010, 12:40 am

Sasin took a minute to observer each of his comrades. Weyliss was obviously a warrior. Strong, buff, big sword. He was well protected. So far, he seemed like a nice guy. He nodded back at him.

Now the Akalak, Z, was a different matter. Tall, hooded, dangerous. Lately, he had started taking note of the first words that came to mind when he saw a person. It helped. Z wasn't very social, it seemed. He merely smirked at the glare sent in everyone's direction. His voice was cool, steely. Showing no emotion. A fellow assassin, perhaps.

The third person hadn't introduced himself yet. Bawdy, interesting, light spirited. He eyed the golden ball for a second, but said nothing. He wondered if he should add clumsy to the list.

Turning back to his employer, he raised an eyebrow at the job description. "And I suppose this chest is so big that you need four to carry it?" He asked sarcastically. "What's the catch? There's no way it's that simple. Otherwise, you could do it yourself."
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Words: 164919
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2009, 8:24 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Re: [Adventure] Let's Make a Deal [Zefiel, Jaq, Weyliss, Sasin]

Postby Hunter on March 26th, 2010, 10:05 pm

OOCSorry for taking so long!

Jason looked at Sasin, examining the Dhani up and down. The people who did jobs for this man weren't always the most honest of people, and over the years he'd honed his skills that helped him tell the good from the bad. He didn't like this man, but neither could he find any reason to not trust him either. "What's the catch? There's no way it's that simple. Otherwise, you could do it yourself." the Dhani questioned Jason, putting the man in an uncomfortable situation.

"No, I only need one person for this job, but I have reasons for not doing it myself. Of course, I suppose you won't leave me alone until I tell you so here it is: There are monsters in this cave... Magic monsters, they guard the chest to death, and I am no fighter." He said it so simply that it came out arrogantly. Jason was a man that was surely full of himself.
Hunter
2 good 4 u

Words: 12186
Joined roleplay: February 7th, 2010, 5:18 pm
Race: Staff account

Postby Jaquise Emittere on April 3rd, 2010, 7:39 pm

Secret :
Sorry it took so long. Life got busy in a good way. Got a job, helping out friends. I'm back though.

Arrogant Jaq could deal with. Arrogant and cowardly was something else. It was a good thing the man would not join the group. Traveling to such a place and returning alive would be dangerous enough. Protecting someone while doing it would require several more skilled sword arms.

The mention of magic monsters peaked Jaq's interest though. What he knew of magic was nill compared to what there actually was, but magic monsters were dangerous beings. The gods forbid it could use magic itself as opposed to being simply a being made of or by magic. "You know of these magical guards how? Another group such as us? A warning in whatever piece of parchment that speaks of this chest? Is there any details on the beasties or are we going to be going in blind?"
Jaquise Emittere
Magic Swordsman

Words: 173150
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2010, 2:59 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Weyliss on April 10th, 2010, 9:46 pm

Weyliss listened to the conversation intently. At first he wasn't sure WHAT to make of this fellow. If he had only needed ONE person, then why not go to a bar and look for ONE person. Why the flyers? 'Anyone looking for Adventure-'

Rubbing his temples the small man listened as magic was brought up. Magic monsters? The odds where that it was some silly rumor. Probably either bandits hiding out, or whoever had been exploring had stumbled across something's territory.

It was all a bit strange, and this fellow seemed rather intent on keeping a great many things secret. They still didn't have much of a location. Pavi lake being rather large...

Rocking back on his heels, the mercenary craned his neck as the final member of the small party echoed Weyliss' own thoughts regarding information.
Weyliss
Aegis

Words: 73298
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2010, 5:15 pm
Character sheet

Postby Nyahna Sasin on April 12th, 2010, 3:01 am

"No, I only need one person for this job, but I have reasons for not doing it myself. Of course, I suppose you won't leave me alone until I tell you so here it is: There are monsters in this cave... Magic monsters, they guard the chest to death, and I am no fighter."

Sasin narrowed his eyes. Coward. Arrogant, idiotic coward. Bastard. He thought inwardly. He said nothing, but his eyes darted to each of his fellow party members. They had all heard what was said. Only one was needed. There was a chance here of betrayal. He doubted he could take all of them on, but if the opportunity arose, he wouldn't object to getting a bigger share of whatever treasure could be scrounged up.

He nodded in agreement of Jaq's words. He didn't want to go in without any information.
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Hunter on April 12th, 2010, 9:25 pm

"You know of these magical guards how? Another group such as us? A warning in whatever piece of parchment that speaks of this chest? Is there any details on the beasties or are we going to be going in blind?" Jaq's questions was so extremely easy for Jason to answer the man responded with only a seconds hesitation.

"Simple, I happened to have come upon an old royal's diary. In it, the man states he has hidden his inheritance carefully. The book does not describe why he felt the need to do so, but that may be because a number of pages are torn out or illegible. Anyway, he said he hid the money in a cave somewhere along the lake's bed and then had the cave enchanted to glow green when touched. So, the cave will be easy to find. As for the guards, and I'm not so positive about this, but I believe they are actual parts of cave itself." What he said was totally true, Jason honestly had only the most general idea of what guarded the cave. The diary stated that the royal hired a wizard to enchant, or rather animate, a decent sized band of creatures. He didn't, however, know whether the guards were scattered through the cave, or all in one place. That, along with everything else, was left to speculation. "I believe these creatures will 'awaken' on some kind of trigger, possibly noise or pressure. That means it may be best if you are light footed, quiet, and careful if you wish to have any hope of avoiding detection. Alright then, anymore questions? Or can you just leave and get that chest?"
Hunter
2 good 4 u

Words: 12186
Joined roleplay: February 7th, 2010, 5:18 pm
Race: Staff account

Postby Zefiel on April 14th, 2010, 12:04 am

Turning to the other three members of this expedition, Z pulled his hood back slightly, to show them his face. "Any one got anything to say, or can we leave the little coward here and go get the cursed chest already, so we can stop dealing with him?" questioned the Akalak, not caring one bit that the "little coward" was standing there, hearing every word spoken. Zefiel, could care less. All he wanted was his payment. And maybe the chance to break his gauntlets in on some monsters face.

Ntir, sitting at his side, barked his agreement, turning to growl at Jason as he did. The dog didn't like the man, simply because he was a coward. The Shadow Hound then looked away from the man, and back at the group assembled here. Z looked down at his dog and scratched his ears. Dog and master shared the same thoughts on Jason.
Zefiel
Hugh Zefner

Words: 6384
Joined roleplay: February 22nd, 2010, 3:45 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Nyahna Sasin on April 14th, 2010, 3:01 am

"Any one got anything to say, or can we leave the little coward here and go get the cursed chest already, so we can stop dealing with him?"

Sasin raised an eyebrow at the Akalak's bluntness. Not that he was complaining. For once, he found himself agreeing wholeheartedly. "No questions here. Now, if you don't mind, let's get this over with."

He eyed the dog nervously. He generally didn't like dogs, and this one looked irritated.

He whistled for Xinal to come. Luckily, the horse decided to obey this time, and came to him calmly.
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Jaquise Emittere on April 20th, 2010, 2:22 pm

Jaq's opinion of the Akalak went up at his words, though not enough to take his hand away from its resting place on the hilt of his sword. "I'm in agreement with the lot of you. The sooner this job is done the sooner we get paid." His voice sounded laid back, showing no sign of the worry he felt inside

Magic. Not just any magic the way the 'coward' described it, strong magic. Animation was an interesting bit of magic that his father had never gotten around to teaching Jaq much off. Perhaps because his father didn't know, perhaps because he thought to focus Jaq's mind on one magic skill at a time. Either way Jaq's knowledge on the subject was severely lacking. Fighting literal objects that felt no pain and could move without most of its limbs did not sound fun though. A group with simple swords might have trouble with golem's, or perhaps only one golem the way the employer described the cave. Thankfully Jaq brought a little more then just his sword to play today.

Jaq moved to place himself in the rear in an almost lazy manner, belittling the intent behind the action. He was not trusting any of them with a position behind him. One or two of them seemed nice enough, but if you looked at the world like that you might start thinking those snakes along the side of the road look awfully nice as well.
Last edited by Jaquise Emittere on April 25th, 2010, 12:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jaquise Emittere
Magic Swordsman

Words: 173150
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2010, 2:59 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Weyliss on April 21st, 2010, 11:37 pm

This was not his scene.

He was... well he didn't know what he was. What he did know however, was that he had a bunch of edgy swordsmen with an eye for gold. You could practically cut the tension and paranoia in the air with a knife. All it took was one wrong move, one misunderstood action, and the lot of them would devolve into a mindless brawl. In a cave. With magical monsters.

The warrior could only look up at the sky for inspiration.

The man listened as the blue warrior voiced all of their thoughts.

Grinning, the man stepped forward, and started to make his way for the lake. Looking back over his shoulder, the man grinned at the others.

"Well. I guess we should get going. For the record. Any an' all half-naked ladies have been claimed by me."

It was obvious he didn't believe in the treasure, and was more then doubtful about their employer's intentions. In truth, he was still in debate as to why he was here. He was an idealist. A knight without an order, and someone who concentrated on saving lives, not pilfering dungeons. Maybe this was his vacation? A way to be de-stress after all of the recent events? It spoke rather poorly of his lifestyle that he found going into a magical cave with four murderous strangers 'relaxing'.

Grinning at nothing in particular, the man moved at a steady pace, obviously not to be bothered if anyone else was actually following him or not.
Weyliss
Aegis

Words: 73298
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2010, 5:15 pm
Character sheet

PreviousNext