So many people! [Open]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Re: So many people! [Open]

Postby Atoro on March 11th, 2010, 5:27 pm

Sinking into a feeling of trust and comfort, Atoro took Monox by the reigns, walking next to her. Back to Ana as she spoke to him, he turned his head a little to not appear rude. Eyes swirling to a understanding yellow as she spoke of her odd skin colour, he knew he was tall but it didn't really seem so around these parts.

Facing her again, directing his Frostmane, he frowned at her outburst about his question. "Come off it! You can still look down and see your... Well," Eyes turning a furious pink colour along with his cheeks, "you know. Whereas you can't simply look at your own eye colour can you?" Still slightly blushing, he busied himself with tightening Monox's straps again.

When he next faced Ana, he was holding a couple of pieces of bread along with his waterskin. Taking a bite of the bread and then a sip of the water, he spoke after swallowing of course. "Ahh... Thats better now. Here, I'm ready to go, how about you huh? Also, have some of this." Chucking Ana the other piece of bread along with the waterskin, he mocked being impatient and started to tap his foot. All the time with a mischievous grin and eyes a taunting myriad of colours.
Atoro
Player

Words: 9542
Joined roleplay: March 7th, 2010, 8:16 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Ana on March 13th, 2010, 3:39 am

His mini rant from her comment on his eyes sent her into another fit of giggles, her eyes a light lavender color now. She reached up and wiped away a few tears that threatened to fall down her cheeks. The best part was him blushing, as if he'd never seen a girl other than his own mother before and was embarrassed to simply say the features she had that he most definately lacked. With a huge smile she said, "I'm just saying it's a little rediculous for you to think that is all." then with a quick giggle she said quickly, "and they have a name you know." It was really unneccisary to say it, but she wanted to see him blush again, it was rather amusing.

As he chucked the food at her she made a surprised, high pitched 'eep!' noise. She managed to catch the bread after fumbling with it for a moment or two. The waterskin, however, fell on the ground. "Oh how kind of you," she said sarcastically, rolling her eyes with a smile tugging at the corner of her lips. She reached down and picked it up, took a small sip, and once she closed it, threw it right back at him. If she was luckly she'd catch him off gaurd.

"Alright, come on. My tent is this way." she said, tugging lightly on Corin's reins and taking a small bite of the bread. "Thank you for this by the way." she said as she led him through the streets towards the main gates.
Ana
Player

Words: 19400
Joined roleplay: March 7th, 2010, 7:59 pm
Character sheet

Postby Atoro on March 14th, 2010, 12:38 pm

Eyes a furious pink as she continued to make him feel rather uncomfortable, Atoro only just managed to suppress a laugh when she missed the waterskin. "I see your catch is about as good as your -" Cut short as the waterskin slapped against his face.

Reaching a hand up, Atoro pulled it off his face. Face still red, but this one was caused by the impact of the waterskin. Gingerly touching his face, Atoro muttered darkly. "Remind me never to pass you a knife..." Face breaking out into a smile as he said this, he tugged on Monox's reigns and followed Ana out of the city.

Shrugging, Atoro took the compliment in his stride. "No problem. I find myself cooking in my spare time. I am not very good though." Taking another bite while saying this, he was thinking of various ways that the bread could be made to taste better. "What kind of life do you come from up north? I have grown up with mum and dad. Dad made me tend the horses and mum made me practice healing. Oh, I taught myself to cook and ride though. What about you?" Eyes a normal blue colour, Atoro was truly intrigued.
Atoro
Player

Character sheet

Postby Ana on March 14th, 2010, 4:13 pm

Ana couldn't help but laugh as the waterskin collided with Atoro's face with a satisfying 'slap'. As he peeled it off he revealed a read mark across his face that was in the shape of the waterskin. She covered her mouth with her hand as she was sent into another little fit of giggles.

His words made his smile and her eyes swirled with color again. She reached back and patted the ornate wooden bow that was resting on her back, the thick string coming across the front of her body. "My aim is much better than my catch I will admit."

As he spoke of his parents, her eyes turned a downcast grey color momentarily before returning to a calm purple color. "No no the bread is very good actually. I have no skill for cooking myself actually." she said. "My life up north is... complicated." She took a deep breath and let it out slowly, trying to think of the best way to describe it. "My parents died long before I can remember. This bow and arrows were with my father and they only thing I have from my parents. My adopted hold was out hunting when they found them and they knew they weren't from the same village. I was protected by my mothers body but still barely alive. They took me back to their village and there I was healed."

A little smile formed on her face and she held a pale hand out infront of her. "The elders said my skin was bleached the color of snow by the Goddess of Winter so that all would remember her mercy on me." She let her hand drop to her side again before continuing. "So I grew up switching between families of the same hold. They tried to teach me how to be a proper woman, but I think the goddess gave me a spirit as wild as a blizzard. I refuse to simply bow down and conform with the standards. Since I have no father, I will choose who I marry and when I marry and I will be treated as an equal." Ana was sure the statement would shock him, women simply didn't rebel in such a way in the Vantha culture. "Needless to say though," she said smiling, "None of the boys in my village can handle me. But anyways, I digress. My village trains warriors and hunters. I am extremely adept with at archery and alright on a horse. Most other things though I'm not very good at." She was curious to see what his reaction would be to her story as her eyes took on a soft lavender color.
Ana
Player

Character sheet

Postby Atoro on March 16th, 2010, 4:20 pm

Listening with interest to Ana's story, Atoro felt calmed by the talk of his homeland. A complicated life was a weird thing for Atoro to grasp, growing up in his parents, rather large, tent was an uncomplicated life.

Eyes changing colour as the story progressed, Atoro was almost in awe at the end of the tale. Nudging her playfully, chuckled a little. "I can see you are a right hand-ful for any man unlucky enough to be pitted with you!" Laughing a little, to show he is only playing, Atoro was silent for a little while in a quite contemplation to what he had just been told.

Eyeing the bow no knowledge of what makes one any good, Atoro was struck with a memory. Reaching into his saddle bags, he drew his Tamo daggers. Pressing a concealed button, sharp knifes shot out of the end. "Hmm... I guess my parents gave me a 'going away' gift. Not sure what to do with them though, I am more of a cook and a medic than a hunter." Smiling, he put the blades away and then stored the weapons back in the saddlebags.

Looking around, he noticed that they had left the city. "How about we swap tales a little more back at your camp? I think it would be easier to speak when the horses are relaxing." Motioning for Ana to lead the way, Atoro waited for he to take the lead.
Atoro
Player

Character sheet

Postby Ana on March 16th, 2010, 7:19 pm

Ana was sent slightly sideways as Atoro gave her a friendly nudge. A grin formed on her face as he laughed. It seemed he truly understood where she was coming from on that aspect. “Why do you think I have yet to wed?” she said, laughing a little through her statement. It was a rhetorical question but it made her point.

She looked at his knives with interest. They were ornate in their own right and obviously deadly; the metal blades appeared to be masterfully crafted. The way they popped out of the handle was definitely interesting; they would certainly be worth a small fortune. “Well, even if you don’t hunt, they would definitely do you well in combat if you are ever unlucky enough to find yourself in it.” It was a simple statement, but at least it was an idea of what he could do with them.

“Alright” she said, shrugging her shoulders and taking a few quicker steps to get ahead of him. It wasn’t very far away, just beyond the edge of the forest. She led her horse through the undergrowth and stopped when she reached her tent. It was perched on a flattened portion of the ground, a fire pit a few feet in front of it. “Here we are!” she said while tying Corin to a low branch so he would roam off.

Then she walked over in front of the tent and plopped down and a patch of grass, motioning for him to join her. She leaned back and said, “So what stories do you have? I’ve already told you my best one.”
Ana
Player

Character sheet

Previous