So many people! [Open]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

So many people! [Open]

Postby Atoro on March 8th, 2010, 1:06 pm

7th day of Spring, 510

Entering through the gates had been quite un-eventful. Slowly walking though the crowd on his, quite knackered, horse. Atoro was frantically looking for some kind of place to stop. He had heard of places where you can go to simply sit and drink, sometimes eat. With this in mind the young Vantha looked for a building that seemed likely.

There was a problem with this. Since he grew up in a tent in the middle of the freezing lands up north, Atoro was not too familiar with these... Odd stone structures. Noting that people drifted in and out of them, and one place got a lot of attention. A sign with a horse rearing on the front with the word 'tavern' on the front. Tavern... I think I know that word. Now, what was translation again? Frowning in concentration, it took a while for him to remember. Smiling as the memory presented itself, Atoro figured it out.

Coaxing Monox, his Frostmane, forward. Atoro finally realised what was strange about the place. People. The amazing amount of people that were there. Even more than outside of Syrlias! Trying his best to ignore the feeling of fear, he kept on moving towards the taverns entrance. Found some stables close by and let them deal with getting Monox settled in.

Taking in a deep breath, eye colour continously shifting in jittery nerves, Atoro walked towards the door. Then stopped. Frozen in the doorway, blocking the patrons from moving in and out. Oh dear...
Atoro
Player

Words: 9542
Joined roleplay: March 7th, 2010, 8:16 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Re: So many people! [Open]

Postby Nyahna Sasin on March 8th, 2010, 1:34 pm

Sasin was bored. Again. It seemed to be his most common emotion lately. There was no work for him, no friends to chat with, and even that Charoda stalker had dissapeared. Currently, he was going to the Rearing for a drink. As he approached the door, he noticed some people stopping. Slipping past them, he saw that a vantha had stopped at the door. Scowling, he tapped the Vantha's shoulder. "You're blocking the doorway. If you don't want to go inside, let other people in." He hissed.
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Words: 164919
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2009, 8:24 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ana on March 8th, 2010, 2:05 pm

The city was bustling with so much activity it shocked Ana into silence. There were so many different races she had only heard of and never seen before. Her eyes swirled with color, constantly changing and blending with each other. She led her horse Corin to a stable, glad to be able to walk more quickly without the large animal next to her. As she did she noticed more Frostmane horses and her spirits were quickly lifted. Perhaps she would find more Vantha as she explored the city. How exciting to think she would meet some members of other holds and perhaps they could share some stories.

As she left the stable, she slung her quiver and bow over her shoulders as well as hid the knife she had in her boot. She didn’t know what sort of dangerous races she would come across and it was better to be safe than sorry. The stone buildings that surrounded her were quite perplexing. How did they manage to stay standing? She made a mental note to figure out how that worked sometime in the future.

As she walked, she noticed a little crowd forming around one of the stone structures. Her eyes began to swirl with color again as her curiosity peaked. Squeezing her way between people to get a good look she managed to eventually reach the front. There she saw an angry looking man glaring at a young Vantha boy. After a closer look, the boy wasn’t much older than she, if older at all, and obviously very nervous from the colors swirling in his eyes. Her own turned into a dark crimson as her anger began to sprout in her. How dare someone be so mean to someone of her own race? He was probably just new like she was and perhaps less forward.

Ana straightened herself to her full five foot height and walked straight up to them. “Excuse me! He can take as long as he wants advancing through the door!” she said, her high soprano voice not faltering in the Common tongue even though she was unsure of her words. “If you have problem, too bad!” Then she turned to the Vantha boy, her expression softening but her eyes still the angry red. Switching into Vani she said quickly, “I do not think a bar is a place for you right now. Not with irritable men around. Come with me instead.” Glancing quickly at the man, ready to defend and strike if need be, she stepped back to allow the boy to move away from the door.
Last edited by Ana on March 9th, 2010, 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ana
Player

Words: 19400
Joined roleplay: March 7th, 2010, 7:59 pm
Character sheet

Postby Atoro on March 8th, 2010, 2:40 pm

Staring at the doorway, oblivious to the commotion he was causing, Atoro slowly came back into focus. Shaking his head, he took a step back and almost hit a man. Turning around at the tap and the hiss, he stared in surprise. This persons eyes seemed to piece his soul and the black leather he wore was new to Atoro.

Eyes turning a steady blue colour as he tried to summon his voice, someone else spoke for him. Looking at the person who's voice had suddenly cut through the ambient noise of the city, Atoro noticed the crimson colour of her eyes and the common tongue. Will I ever see one of my own kind?? Still a little too shocked to smile a thanks, Atoro began to move away from the small commotion.

He was abruptly stopped when the singsong language of his own kind reached his ears. Briefly stopping, this time in surprise, Atoro spoke quickly in his native tongue. "You're a Vantha!? And even if I do not know what a Dahni," hesitating before saying the name, "I think I know what kind of person this one is." Then, taking her advice to heart, Atoro made his way towards the gap she made for him.

As he walked over there, eyes settling down into a slow shift through the spectrum, Atoro noticed the rather large crowd. Thinking it best to use the manners his mother had taught him, he spoke haphazardly in the common tongue, mostly towards Sasin. "Sorry for problem I cause. Not happen again yes? Bye." Nodding in an apologetic way, Atoro attempted to leave the bustle of the crowd and towards the confident Vantha.

Secret :
Getting there slowly RPwise
Atoro
Player

Character sheet

Postby Ana on March 8th, 2010, 8:21 pm

Ana had to stop a giggle that nearly erupted from her throat. Oh this boy was hopeless if he did not know about the other races; for all they knew that man could be some sort of dangerous creature. Fortunately for him there were members of his own kind around like her to help him out. Her eyes switched from crimson to a dark golden color with her delight. A man who needed a woman’s help. She never would have thought she’d find that anywhere. This was definitely going to be interesting, especially if they decided to travel around together. “Yes I am Vantha. Now come with me, silly boy, before you get into more trouble!" For a moment she mentally cursed her high voice. It never sounded serious or intimidating enough to her. The others in her settlement back where her hold was thought it was pretty, but it didn't come very much in handy in situations like this.

As she waited for him to get out of the way of the door she gave him a once over so she could remember what he looked like for future reference. He was oddly tall for a Vantha; he was a good foot taller than her at least. Not that she was one to discuss oddities after having had her skin bleached from the intense cold she was subjected to as a baby. But other than his height he seemed pretty normal for a Vantha. Color shifting eyes, tanned skin, dark hair with colorful highlights. Her eyes turned a light pink momentarily then shifted back to switching between navy and indigo as she realized that he was actually rather handsome upon a closer look.

After he apologized to the man in broken speech she waved for him to follow her. “You are going to get yourself killed doing silly things like that.” she said.
Ana
Player

Character sheet

Postby Atoro on March 10th, 2010, 2:42 pm

Heading out of the crowd at the woman's request, Atoro heard what she said after he apologised. "You are saying that these people would kill me for standing in-front of a tent flap??" Gulping down fear, his eyes giving himself away by turning a dull grey colour, Atoro practically ran towards his horse hoping that she would stay near him.

Reaching the stables, Atoro turned to look for his Vantha friend. If you followed him that is Spotting her, he also took in her appearance. It was obvious that she had to be a fellow Vantha, there was just no mistaking the mastery of their tongue. However, the pale colour of her skin placed some doubts in his mind. Odd, mum, dad and myself all seem to be rather darker coloured. Well, her height, eyes and hair colour all seem to be saying that she is a Vantha.

Not noticing that he was staring, Atoro spoke to her. "Now that I am a little more... Composed. 'Silly Boy'??" Keeping a straight face right up to the quoting, face bursting into a smile when he did so and of course. Eyes mimicking his temperment by shining a dazzling golden colour.

Secret :
Sorry for wait, I was waiting for Sasin to post. But then thought I might as well xD
Atoro
Player

Character sheet

Postby Ana on March 10th, 2010, 8:11 pm

As they moved away from the tavern, Ana’s eyes returned to their flowing state of blending colours. Though his rushed speech, this time catching her off guard, sent her into a fit of giggles. Her eyes flashed a lilac colour and she said, “Well perhaps not for standing in front of a tent flap. But you have to be careful. You don’t know what sort of dangerous races you will come across here. You must always be ready fight. I’m new here and even I know that!” She wasn’t really trying to reprimand him, just caution him. The more Vantha around the better in her opinion.

She noticed his gaze and her eyes dashed pink for a split second then back to purple. She simply waited for the questions to pour out; he seemed like the questioning type. Certainly he would ask the same ones they all did. Why was a girl her age, as she was obviously older than 16, running around unmarried? Why was she so terribly pale? They all came about at some point or another. At least in this situation she could ask why was he so terribly tall?

As his face broke into a smile, she returned the gesture, her own lips curving up to form a half moon shape. In a sing song voice she teased him, saying, “I guess ‘boy’ was inappropriate for the situation since it seems we might be the same age. But you were being silly.” Then with a giggle she said, “My name is Anamtrasi. It’s horrendously long so you can just call me Ana if you wish. What is yours?”
Ana
Player

Character sheet

Postby Atoro on March 10th, 2010, 8:30 pm

Glad that this Vantha was more like his own disposition then his surly parents, he bowed a little while introducing himself. "I am Atoro, and it is nice to meet you Ana." Suddenly realising that he was being way too formal, he stood up and blushed slightly.

Looking around the place with sharp, inqusitive green eyes, he talked to Ana a little more. "So, do you know a place where we can get out of the craziness of this place? I have travelled from the northern wastes to this place. What about you? Even though you say you are Vantha, your skin says you are not." Being absolutely new to.... Other people, Atoro was not yet skilled in any way at being subtle.

After looking around the strange environment, and as he finished asking his question, his eyes found its way back to Ana's. Smiling again, he just had to ask one more question. "I know it is a odd question to ask, but do my eyes still change colour? I mean, I have not seen myself for a while now and back home there was mirrors everywhere. I always tried to physically tell what colour they are but I never got the feel." Ironically, as he said this, his own eyes turned a thoughtful brown.

OOCOdd post I know, just not too sure what to put xD
Atoro
Player

Character sheet

Postby Ana on March 10th, 2010, 9:26 pm

"Oh sure!" she said in response to his question. "I have my tent set up outside of the city, we can go there and talk. It will certainly be much quieter." Ana's eyes began to swirl with color as her excitement built. It was almost like bringing a good friend home to simply relax, though they had just met. She sincerely hoped they would become friends, otherwise it was going to get very lonely in the new city. Having someone relatable would be good for both of them.

At his next question she sighed. She had expected it. One expected question down and one to go. Next thing would be why she wasn't married she was quite sure. "I am Vantha, and I come from the northwestern wastelands by adoption." she said cocking her head to one side as she untied her horse and began to lead it out of the stall, motioning with her hand to follow. "That is included in the story of my skin color and it is indeed a story." She didn't want to just lay it all out for him at once. Instead she wanted to intrigue him by making it into a story; that would certainly be enjoyable.

She couldn't help but outright laugh, her high pitch tinkling amongst the lower sounds of the voices of the people around them. "Do your eyes still change color?" she said between bursts of laughter. "Of course they do! They are a part of who you are even if you leave the homeland! That would be like me asking you, 'Am I still a girl? I cannot tell because I have not been able to see myself lately.'"
Ana
Player

Character sheet

Postby Aksia Carataqua on March 10th, 2010, 10:46 pm

As Aksia came back into the city after a refreshing bath, she noticed something, there seemed to be 2 unknown people standing in front of the tavern. As she slipped through the gap and into the door she noticed a very, very familiar face, it was Sasin! "YAY!!!" she cried loudly attracting the eyes of many in the tavern "I thought I almost lost you when I went out to get some herbs, and I got some, but then I found something I really needed, but then I also saw this Yukman, beating a dead deer into pulp, but I really needed that herb, so I killed the Yukman, took the herb, felt a little tired, so I took a bath, after that I came back here looking for you and here you are, and you probably thought I lost you, as a matter of fact I did, but here you are and now I don't need to look for you!" she said this extremely quickly and in one breath. Aksia felt very happy that she would come upon such luck, not only did she get what she wanted with only some minor difficulties, she had also taken the time to take a bath and seen Sasin once she had came into the City. She turned her eyes back to the two newcomers, and then back to Sasin and then back to the newcomers, then to the taverns customers, who were all staring at her, but she didn't care.

a little noteHi Ana and Atoro, nice to meet you, if you didn't know already, my PC is Sasin's stalker and I try to follow him on every single thread he participates in XD
Aksia Carataqua
The Dancing Healer

Words: 21277
Joined roleplay: January 26th, 2010, 12:30 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next