Enter The Sanguine Seer [Sanctuary *Open*]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Re: Enter The Sanguine Seer [Sanctuary *Open*]

Postby As'Fien on March 27th, 2010, 5:22 pm

She blinked for a few moments, taking in all the information, then more people were starting to show up. She let them speak for a few moments so that she could keep track of the conversations being said. It took her a few moments to digest what was going on as she tilted her head. A Konti wielding a katana was an unusual sight. She was wondering if she had did something wrong.

"Oh... I usually store power from myself from there for focus. I always thought it would help... I have a hard time focusing. Whether it does or not, I don't really know... it seems like it, though. I can do it without it, if you'd like... I never thought of it that way, though. I can see where that can lead to being leery. My apologies... A friend once told me that innovation comes through experimentation, so I've been experimenting a lot. I... tend to do that. I don't have to, though."

It was a little obvious she was... clueless. It was hard to tell whether she was daft or there was some injury holding back her senses. An honest experiment to draw that much trouble... my! She didn't seem insulted, though. These Konti knew much better than her. They even had weapons! Not finishing the glyph, she folded it away and blushed slightly. True, she never told her sister about her glyph usage, she paused for a moment and reshuffled the cards.

"Alright... just happiness!"

Past, present, future. Simple enough, right? Placing out the cards, she pondered for a few moments and flipped them in order. Leaning over the table, she paused to stare at them for a few moments. The first one which represented the past meant tribulation, the present meant coming into authority, the third for the future was the fool... a new beginning and innovation.

"Hmmm... well, you certainly worked hard to get here. Nothing here that isn't obvious, though. That card means authority in the present. Things will get finished here, but there is going to be a decision that looks like a cliff. Something important to you... you won't know if you have the wings to fly or not, but you could choose not to jump... whether or not you would be happy with living with the "what if" if you don't is something you have to ask yourself."

She paused for a response, looking at both sisters back and forth, wondering if the simple three card was... okay. There was that slight glint in her eyes showing that she feared not doing something right again.
As'Fien
Player

Words: 19791
Joined roleplay: March 12th, 2010, 2:06 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet

Postby Kavala on April 13th, 2010, 8:01 pm

NoteSorry for the delay!

Kavala nodded. She understood needing to focus and innovation, but still she was leery of writing anything down. But As'Fien didn't push the issue, which made Kavala a little relieved. And so, as As'Fien continued, she moved forward, curious as to what the woman was going to say about her happiness. In Kavala's mind, the world seemed to shift a little. The wind died down as if the whole of Mizahar held its breath, which made Kavala cease breathing as well. Anticipation drove curiosity to the surface, and the Konti didn't inhale again until As'Fien had spoken.

The fortune was read.

Kavala looked baffled. It sounded like she would be happy, but only if she could live with her actions during whatever the cliff was she wanted to from. The Konti thought about that for a minute, wondering if it had anything to do with Akela, her sister and all the uncertainty and change that had occurred in the older woman's life. There were certainly a lot of cliffs... which one the fortune spoke of though, was uncertain.

"That's interesting. Is there any way for you know more about what the cliff is? A little forewarning would be nice.... very nice indeed."
Kavala said, completely believing what As'Fien said, just not sure how to react to the knowledge. She turned to the rest of the folks gathered. "What do you guys think about this? As'Fien, can you read their fortunes as well?" Kavala was curious. Maybe the cliff that was there for her was the same one for others? And maybe doing more readings might clarify what sort of thing the cliff was?
The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Akela on April 16th, 2010, 9:29 pm

Akela looked at As'Fien rather dubiously, failing to notice the arrival of the Kelvic fox. All this stuff sounded so very… Konti to her, and she wasn't sure she liked that. Akela had never been Konti-like at all. No foresight; sword instead. No gentle soul; sword instead. No gnosis marks from birth; sword instead. Fortune telling left her uneasy at best, suspicious at worst. That and the newcomer did not exactly look reliable for some reason. She jumped from thought to thought, rarely dwelling on any.

The girl folded her arms across her chest and witnessed the fortune telling. She had to admit the cards spoke of believable things, all things considered, and nodded slightly at the three-card spread. Tribulations, authority and a cliff. Akela never expected her sister's life in Riverfall to continue without change for long. As for the nature of the cliff, it was anyone's guess. Akela had Kavala's happiness at heart in more ways than one, but she wasn't sure scrying the cards would help her achieve it.

"I will pass on the fortune telling, thank you," she shook her head and gave a slightly apologetic smile, "A divined future is much too boring for my tastes. I like to face things as they come." It was likely that Kavala could override her decision by pulling on the strings of Nikali's servitude, though Akela had no idea whether she would actually do it. "But do feel free to take another reading, sister. Perhaps one with more cards would yield more details, yes?"
Akela
Chains that free

Words: 45104
Joined roleplay: October 1st, 2009, 11:10 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)

Postby Kavala on May 16th, 2010, 4:00 am

ooc: I'm considering this thread dropped as no one has seen As'Fien in a long long time.
The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous