[South Woods]Slavers and Salutations(Aello)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Archelon on September 26th, 2012, 2:52 am

Aello could feel tiny fingers pressing against the surface of her skin. Lifting and prodding the bloodied and torn flesh, as cloth bandages were run under and pulled back up. Wrapping everything in scratchy cotten, lending an unpleasant feel and ghastly sheen.

From the edges of her vision, long spiderlike appendages rose from behind her head as she could feel the tugging of skin on one shoulder as tiny deft hands began stitching a wound shut. Rolling her head right, Aello came face to face with a strange pycon with glowing red eyes, a creature rasping to her as elements of his true form were apparent. She was too weak to move, but her eyes widened in recognition of where she was.

She was back in the pycon's lair, the lair of the pyve she had fled from in haste.For a span of time, nothing but a painful whimper was uttered as the devilish figure with glowing red eyes merely looked at her, it's voice uttering a tone that pierced her soul yet offered scant comfort. "Rest child. Rest will heal you now. Then , then you will go."

Blinking in a stupor she nodded off as unconsciousness claimed her once more, only to begin to awaken randomly over the next few days where the pycons forced her to imbibe certain medicines and tonics, all the while keeping her wounds wrapped with various poultices made from natural flora.

After a week, then two went by, she was finally well enough to stand and gather her things, and a great many things there were in the pyve's cavern, all purloined from the slaver's who had met a rather unfortunate end. Only when she was ready, was she asked to come sit in front of the pyve's leader, a being she had found out was named Catharsis and a few others who stared at her a moment before Catharsis tossed her a bag of jangling coins. "Blood of the traitorous filth. Blessed by their passing to Dira. Your cut."

The pycon just sat there and waited to see if the woman would be quick to counting, or perhaps ready to speak of other things. Though she had gained the right to live, there was many things this Catharsis wished to ask of her. In truth, he was curious of this human and wished to determine her views on many a thing before it was time for her to depart. That time would be soon. But there was enough time for a conversation at least.
Thank you all for the privildege of moderating, unfortunately with deaths in the family and ailing health I am retiring. All thread grades I had on my pc have been forwarded to founders and paragon, so expect them posted soon.
It's been a mixed bag at times , but with all the good and the bad and mixed signals, I can honestly say: Thank you. Please support the next mods of sunberth as well as you have done me.
[/color]
Sunberth Forum | Sunberth Lore |Storyteller Guide and Requests |Ole Archie's Office|
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Words: 377245
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2011, 7:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Aello on September 26th, 2012, 3:20 am

Aello clutched at the course fabric of the money's sack. She shook it roughly, listening to the coins clank for a few ticks, before she set it aside, still unsure of just how much was there. Although, she hoped it was a lot.

Without preoccupation, her eyes settled upon Catharsis. "Thank you for helping me," she said, deciding to forgive him for their previous interaction, as painful as it had been.

"He didn't do all of it! Papa can't get all the credit!" another, younger looking pycon said as she dashed across the floor. "You would have died without me!"

Catharsis simply shook his head, and perhaps, offered his version of a smile if anything, although he said nothing. It was enough to make Aello chuckle. "Well thank you," she said. "Uhh..."

"I'm Lily," the pycon said in introduction as she offered her hand to Aello. The girl shook it uneasily before releasing, allowing the alchemic creation to take her place beside Catharsis, where she began to whisper in his ear. Too quietly for Aello to discern the words.

Finally he grunted, and nodded. Although, it seemed with great reluctance. "Lily has been here awhile. Perhaps it is time for her to venture alongside a lamb, into the wolf's den."

Aello offered only a puzzled expression. "She wishes to go with you."

"Oh," Aello whispered.

"Yeah! To keep you from getting all banged up!"

And sent to Dira.

"She wants to make sure you mend, young lamb," Catharsis continued, causing Aello to shift uneasily. She wasn't quite sure why he kept calling her that.

"If that's what she wants," Aello replied, "she may come."

Both pycons merely smiled.

Aello wondered if they were up to something. Even so, she let the thoughts drop. "Well then, we'd best be going. Surely the mend took long enough. Come along Lily, gather what you need and we'll head out," she finished, as she set to putting all of her usual attire back in place, before turning to the head pycon one last time.

Kneeling, so that they would be more level. She kissed the top of his head. "May Dira's sight never grace your eyes until you are ripe for the reaping," she whispered as she pulled away, and got to her feet.

Her eyes seeking her new companion. "Ready Lily?" was all she asked, as she turned once more to leave.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Words: 1550591
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Archelon on September 26th, 2012, 3:34 am

Epilogue:

Chuckling, Catharsis reached out to Lily and held her a while, whispering words that only she could hear for a moment or two before addressing Aello again. "One wise thing, beware wild djed. One last wiser thing: Aello." Catharsis hissed out in sibilants... He dragged another bag into view. "Take these as well. You have more then wolves after yousss."

Aello would stop a moment cocking her head to the side as if to ask what he meant. Only to receive a sordid chuckle in reply, "You'll see, pretty child. You'll see! But if you don't See them first, you'll meet Dira much sooner then the Lily I send with you to the world to see."

Without another word and a clear dismissal, Lily smiled up at Aello and lead her from the pyve. Past the treacherous vines, and glowing lichens to the entrance, and back out into the world. There was no word, if she was ever to return that she might be welcome. Or even if she'd remember where this place was. There was only the light of a newly dawning day and the chill air. Under Lily's direction she donned her garments and then went back towards her camp.

The place she had left for what seemed a lifetime ago...

Thread Award

"..."

And the Results!!!!:

Aello :
SkillName 1-5 How/why?
AuristicsN/AMaxed
ShortbowN/AMaxed
DaggerN/A Maxed
Unarmed Combat3
Rhetoric3
Negotiation2
Interrogation3
Brawling2
Stealth2
Wilderness Survival2
Observation3
Acting3

Lores:
The hardships of slavery.
[i]Catharsis: Pycons can be scary too
Doubts: What did I miss going on in that slave camp?
A new friend: Lily the Pycon

Loot:
You gained these items:
1 winterbane's coat- slightly bloodied
1 woodman's ax
1 camouflauge armor
1 iron fan a Serrated blade
1 rusty shortsword
1 Signet ring- 5gm value
1 Pendant shaped with a skull motiff- gold 45 gm value
1 Healers Kit- worth 50 gm
1 Divine Symbol's Flask - worn motif can't determine which god it originally represented
3 Blackface - 15 uses
1 Robe,Akajia
1 Mask, devotional symbol of krysus on it
1 False tooth, poison already used.
1 Back Travois - 100 gm value
1 Thieves Tools- 30 gm value
1 Climber's quiver - 50 gm slightly used
1 Burglar's vest
1 torn note with Aello's name next to the word "Target:"

As a side note: the akajia robe, mask, false tooth back travois appear to have been the property of the same person... due to a single repairable hole in the robe and travois and that the tooth was found in the robes pocket.

246 gold mizas, 3 silver mizas, and 6 copper mizas

1 NPC- Lily the pycon

FEEL FREE: to sell any item at 1/2 price if you do not want them.

Would you like some extra turtle sauce ? :
[color=#A0522D]Interesting thread :) Any questions,comments,or concerns please feel free to send me a nice pm.
Thank you all for the privildege of moderating, unfortunately with deaths in the family and ailing health I am retiring. All thread grades I had on my pc have been forwarded to founders and paragon, so expect them posted soon.
It's been a mixed bag at times , but with all the good and the bad and mixed signals, I can honestly say: Thank you. Please support the next mods of sunberth as well as you have done me.
[/color]
Sunberth Forum | Sunberth Lore |Storyteller Guide and Requests |Ole Archie's Office|
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Words: 377245
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2011, 7:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous