A Most Unusual Phenomenon (Sable)

Liandra Finds a Strange Occurance

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An inland sea created by Ivak's cataclismic fury during the Valterrian, the Suvan Sea is a major trade route and the foremost hub for piracy in Mizahar. [lore]

Postby Liandra on May 1st, 2012, 5:06 pm

As soon as she finished her prayer, something nudged into her shoulder, causing her to jump. Her eyes burst open, and she looked over to see a pair of eyes looking back at her. She recognized the fuzzy face of Sib, who appeared to be mimicking her. She chuckled loudly, her hands plucking the otter from the sea in front of her, kelp and all. Kylayia floated over and nuzzled his flute against her. He could always tell what she was feeling, and was always there to comfort her. He was on a very short list of those she couldn't bear to lose, a list she hadn't realized had gotten two spots longer recently.

She had prayed to Laviku, and he sent Sib. The message was clear, go back, and bring your happiness with you. She thanked the god, and pulled the kelp that held both her and Sib in place, from the sea floor. The little bundle, gift wrapped in the very kelp she'd been asked to retrieve, seemed to delight in Liandra holding her against her chest. She kicked lightly over to the shallows, and forced her way past her rapid heart, and the pit within her stomach rose a little. "Okay Sibby, we can do this. I. I can do this."

She stepped out of the tide, shoulders and arms burdened beneath kelp, and a curious little critter. She put on the smile she had when she saw Sib, but wasn't sure how long the facade would hold until her nervousness finally burst forth. She'd have to keep her side of the conversation to come short, for fear of not being able to hold herself together. She saw the blonde collecting shells along the beach, a pleasing sight to Liandra. Attempting to joke, "Sorry for taking so long, I ran into a green and red-shelled critter of my own. Such a curious sight, I figured you'd like to see." She held the kelp covered otter just beneath his front legs out in front of her, giggling slightly.

She made her way over to the fire, gently setting the bundled cuteness near, and unwrapped her own kelp, careful not to let it touch the sand that seemed to get everywhere. She ripped off a piece of the stretching vegetable and popped it in her mouth. A bit tart, but had the proper amount of chew and slimy to it. Most would find it too salty for their liking, but when you lived in the ea since birth, it was a taste you loved. She tried to keep from looking over at Sable, the familiar dread of running her off returning. She knew that the mask was gone, that her emotions would read as easily as she had read the Char alphabet when she was in primary. She'd never felt so exposed before, never so vulnerable. Her body screamed for her to flee, to run away, a trait all Charoda are inherently born with. She was a mess. A panicky mess. And she didn't know how long she could hold herself together, especially when the conversation began.

Liandra is accepting any and all thread requests.
Liandra
Who Ya Gonna Call?

Words: 108927
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2011, 5:11 pm
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Sable Baggywrinkle on May 1st, 2012, 8:05 pm

“Look at you!”

Sable dropped the three small shells she’d been trying to juggle at the sight of little Sib all tangled up. She swooped in and kissed the little kelp bundle on the nose, following Lia back over to the fire.

“Thank you. The first sauce is ready!” She took a few pieces of kelp and submerged them, placing the cooled pot back over the fire. To let the flavors mix. “We’ll give it a few chimes and then see how it goes!”

The woman kneeled by Sib, who struggled from her bindings with vigor. The blond fuzzbutt shook free and fixated on the nibbling blue Lump. Enamored, whiskered face jutted out and she scurried up the woman’s body to steal the kelp from her fingers. Prize in mouth, she hurtled over Liandra’s shoulder and darted for the water. Right before she dove into the surf, a tan blur smashed into her. Sable was apparently much quicker on land than in the water. Sable rolled over Sib, and the teeny creature went flying. She soared through the air, flailing, but apparently this wasn’t an uncommon occurrence because the nimble creature landed running, floppy kelp still triumphantly clasped in her jaws. She doubled back past her agile Lump, the lanky woman diving and eating sand, and beelined for Liandra.

But it wasn’t for protection, as she scurried past she grabbed an entire length of kelp and dragged it off. The colorful streamer skittered, getting coated in sand, behind the playful tottler. The game suddenly had bigger consequences. As Sable darted past Lia, she tugged the woman to her feet and dragged her along.

“Sib won’t stop until we catch her! There’ll be no food left!”

Lunch, Syliras, taffy, and tension were forgotten as Sib led them on a merry goose chase, often getting them so caught up in the fun of catching her that they forgot they were supposed to be protecting the food. Their stocks were decimated before long, but Sable didn’t care. Not as she looked over and saw Liandra scraping sand off her tongue. Syna and Laviku shone brilliantly on them today, Lia had been right.
"Oneday I wished upon a star
And woke up where the clouds are far
Behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me."
Sable Baggywrinkle
Hi

Words: 137213
Joined roleplay: October 4th, 2011, 2:21 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Trident on June 17th, 2012, 12:20 am

Sable Baggywrinkle

Skills:
  • +3 Sailing
  • +2 Cooking
  • +1 Wilderness Survival

Lores:
  • The Tale of Senda Cove
  • Liandra: Scent, Swimming Skills
  • Foraging for Dark Berries
  • Campfire Cooking
  • Tension with Liandra

Liandra

Skills:
  • +2 Swimming
  • +2 Wilderness Survival
  • +1 Animal Husbandry

Lores:
  • Dangers of the Vents
  • The Taste of Sea Water Taffy
  • Foraging for Dark Berries
  • Tension with Sable

Comments: Nice thread, guys! You really did leave me hanging there. Can't wait to see what happens between Sable and Liandra next!

If you have any questions about my ruling, feel free to PM me!

Development ThreadDS OfficeSuvan SeaSuvan Sea Lore

---

Accepting more moderated threads now on a limited basis. PM me for more information.
Trident
Welcome to no man's land

Words: 105060
Joined roleplay: November 19th, 2011, 3:58 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous