Once more unto the breach! (Kams, Jae, Sasin)

How long has it been since The Game?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Jilitse on January 19th, 2012, 2:26 am

Timestamp: by Jaeden

Alvadas was her new home. Fall had been kind enough to supply her with a shop, a handful of customers, a few misadventures. The golem maker was slowly carving out a name for herself. With the greatest of efforts she embraced Alvadas for what it was, and Alvadas welcomed her in its own way.

Jilitse lived anew, rebirthed as a shopkeeper and aficionado of illusions. Sahova was behind her, there was only her loyalty to Priskil moving forward. The recent events in her life had a profound impact on the Nuit. She was no longer aloof, no longer timid. She had found her courage in the Goddess of Last Resort, a better reason for staying alive.

On a fine Winter morning, wrapped in warm clothes, Jilitse set out for a walk, as she would do every fortnight. She stepped out and away from Mekaniks and Golams. She adjusted accordingly to the daylight, blinking out the brightness. The clouds appeared to be overcast, for now. Who knew what the weather would turn into? She held a hand to shield her eyes and looked up the sky, as if waiting for an omen. There was none, save for swirling silver linings. So out the streets she went, walking and walking, going where her feet would lead her.

The half-millenia Nuit hadn't been too far away from the Bizaare Bazaar when she saw a glimpse of a black rump, a horse tail swish-swaying. She eyed it disappearing into the corner of an alley.

Ta-thump. Ta-thump.

Without hesitation, she sprinted after it (Jil was running in her opinion, but her undead legs were just too slow). There was something familiar about the animal's butt. She tried to catch up. But it turned again, disappearing into yet another alley. Sprint, sprint, eyes on the horse butt. Right about the time that her legs grew weary, she found herself upon an establishment, which she supposed was an inn. Now why couldn't she have found this Inn when she started here in Alvadas? She got lost on her first day and ended up renting an empty hole-in-the-wall shop.

The black horse was nowhere in sight, but she heard the hooves stomp, a neigh like an echo. The Nuit looked around, and found herself alone in the street.

Ahead, in a dark alley she saw the head of a horse materialize from the darkness, intelligent eyes looking straight at her. Slowly it pulled backwards, beckoning her to follow. A gasp and a name escaped her lips, "Jaeden Kincade". Could the horse she saw earlier be Fortunado, Jaeden's horse? Or was this an illusion? The manifestation of a creative mind? Or a long-awaited reunion? With urgency she pulled her cloak around her and made a beeline for the alley.

Jilitse did not quite remember entering a stable, but the city of illusions often played tricks on her perfect memory. So maybe she did. There were many horses, but she was looking for only one. She pointed at a majestically standing yet sleeping black horse and walked closer. "Fortunado."

The horse opened its eyes and lazily looked at Jilitse. The animal may or may not have recognized her, or was only answering to the call of his name. The undead stepped back, and hugged herself. If she could only bring herself to touch the horse, would it disappear or hold still? But she remembered Fortunado having a temper, and besides, it seemed to be resting. Not here, the person she wanted to see was not here.

An idea, like a bright star, twinkled inside her head. She retraced her steps, exited the stables without actually leaving and was outside the streets again. The winter air caressed her hair and cooled her cheeks. A freezing hand pulled at her spine, leaving her momentarily speechless. The world seemed to spin quicker now.

"Good day," she greeted a passer-by. She was regarded with suspicion and the man rested a hand on her shoulder, checking if she was a hallucination. He cleared his throat and replied, "Same to you undead madam." Well, at least he was polite. Wasting no time, she asked, "By perchance are you from this Inn?" He answered with a no, shaking his head. "Then at least, could you have noticed a tall man, well-built, rough and tanned complexion, arriving recently with a handsome black horse?" The man disappointed her by saying, "Can't say I did madam."

"My apologies for disturbing you, thank you for your time."

Jilitse nodded goodbye to the man and looked up the Cubacious Inn, whispering to herself, "Are you there Jaeden Kincade?" With dreamy steps, she entered into the building.

OOC: Fodder everything. I forgot to ask when you were arriving.

I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei
II. The Night the Watchtowers Cried

I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common woman with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.
Jilitse
I just arrived (again). Please be kind.

Words: 520837
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2010, 8:22 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Jaeden Kincade on January 20th, 2012, 9:51 pm

35th Day of Winter, 511 A.V.

There wasn’t any way of knowing for sure. Whether it was a voice, a certain smell, the sight of Fortunado, or simple curiosity to know for certain, but Jilitse would soon find her feet carrying her from the stables in which she found Fortunado along a path that would inevitably lead her to those giant spinning cube buildings that made up the Cubacious Inn. Waiting for the entrance to the inn to eventually spin around and open the way for her to step inside, Jilitse would notice the familiar voice of the man she sought, tangled in deep negotiations with his constant travel partner. Though what they debated over was difficult to discern from outside, the voices growing louder and duller each time it was filtered through either a window, wall or daoor way as the building spun.

As Jilitse managed to step into the Inn itself, she soon eavesdropped that their debate and subsequent giving and taking in negotiations was over nothing more than who would be checking snares in the morning when they set out for exploration and hunting. Jaeden offering massage and brushing of fur, while Red offering what could be considering nothing more than an erotic tongue bathing while out in the wilds. Her colorful way of describing such caused some of the patrons in the inn to either smirk over the thought of such, or blush with some sense of modesty that would find them saying later that Red was nothing more than an illusion meant for shock. Jilitse would know better, and the fact that the two of them did such out in front of the main desk, with no regard to other people possibly listening in, just lent even more credence to Jaeden’s physical presence in the city.

Suddenly, Red sniffed the air, here eyes shifting back and forth for a moment as her end of the debate stopped. “Jaeden,” Red said before elbowing him and then looking towards the entrance to see Jilitse standing thee, “your older, little sister is here.”

Jaeden slowly raised his head, looking around until turning his gaze towards the entrance. Seeing the nuit standing there at the entrance. She inhabited a new body once again, but the clothing she had worn, the movements in her step, that same look in her eyes. Jaeden could tell after a short moment who it was that stood before him. “Well, isn’t this a bit of Lhex playing his hand in things.” Jaeden commented under his breath.

He stood there in silence for a long moment, his mind racing over the various events that had, so far, led him to Alvadas. Another from his past, and in a way, connected partially to the reasons that saw him traveling with the first one he had run into at Syliras. Sometimes, Jaeden hated that nagging feeling that such events were more than just coincidence, and eventually he found himself leaning down towards Red. “Go sniff out where Sasin is in the city, if you can. See if he’ll come back here for a little chat.” Jaeden whispered into Red’s ear before giving her a small rub along the small of her back. “If you haven’t caught his scent in half a bell, go ahead and head on back here.”

“Gotcha.” Red said with a nod before moving towards the exit, giving Jilitse a small hug in greeting as she passed her by.

Jaeden gave the Nuit a warm hearted smile, motioning her towards him as he stepped forward himself. “Jili,” Jaeden said in greeting before reaching out and grasping her hand lightly in a shake. “It has been a while. Before we play catch up, however, there’s someone I want you to meet. Two, actually, if Red can find whatever shadow he’s hiding in at this time.”

Jaeden then slowly shifted himself at Jilitse’s side, hooking her arm in his as he began to guide her towards one of the Inn’s rooms. There was absolutely no hesitation on Jaeden’s part as far as physical contact with a Jilitse was concerned. In the past, she was a little hesitant towards such. Whether she still had the physical boundary issues with Jaeden still, he wasn’t sure, but she soon found him leaning in a little closer, and hushing the volume of his voice so others wouldn’t be listening in. “I know, sort of sudden, this happening before pleasantries, but considering this Konti’s goal surrounding Sagallius does closely coincide with your own, I think it is a good idea that you two meet.” Jaeden explained in a soft whisper, his breath lightly brushing along the lobes of Jili’s ears. “She isn’t a follower or marked by Priskil though. In any event, I will fill in the blanks for everyone once I’ve introduced the two of you, and to the third I’ve sent Red to find if she can.”

The two of them stopped in front of one of the inn’s room. Jaeden slowly raised his hand, turning his knuckles towards the surface of the door. He held his hand motionless there for a moment, his eye gazing intensely at the door’s number, as if he were waiting for a moment for it to change. Then he slowly wrapped his knuckles along the door, announcing his presence to the room’s inhabitant. “Kammy, I’m coming in.” Jaeden announced before reaching down to the door’s handle, pushing he door open as he began to step in. “I hope you’re in the middle of getting dressed so I can steal a peek at your goody bits.”

Jaeden’s shoulders then slumped as he stood in the doorway for a moment in a physical expression of disappointment. “Oh, just having your morning tea I see.” Jaeden said before stepping off to the side, motioning for Jili to step in with him. “There’s someone I want you to meet.”

As soon as Jili did so, she would see the fair, scaled skin and soft white hair of the Konti sorceress, her fingers holding a porcelain cup in one hand, and its saucer in the other. Jaeden soon closed the door behind Jili as she entered, stepping off to the side. “I’ve sent Red to go see if she can find Sasin.” Jaeden explained before pulling a seat out for Jili and himself. “Considering the particular god that both of you really seek to bring down, I figure we should all have a short discussion, and possibly see about collaborating efforts.”

Jaeden then motioned to Kamalia, looking to Jilitse. “Jilitse, this is Kamalia Timandre, someone else from my past. Like the one I’ve sent out Red to seek, she has a certain connection with me where Sagallius is concerned. I’ll explain such as soon as Sasin get’s here, or if Red returns without him.” Jaeden said, introducing Kamalia to Jilitse. Jaeden then looked to Kamalia. “Kammy, this is Jilitse. She not only finds herself opposed to Saggy part in due to her allegiance to Priskil, as well as other details I’ll allow her to reveal on her own if she feels comfortable enough to do so. I vouch for her, and I believe Stitch would as well, were he here.”

“Feel free, ladies, to exchange your own greetings, pleasantries, possible pillow fights with giggles and feathers flying.” Jaeden said before settling back into his chair. “But, let’s wait for Sasin and/or Red to arrive before we get to gritty details.”

"If I were to stop and take in the gravity of any serious situation I'm in, I'd likely fall to my knees from being overwhelmed by it. Things become much easier to deal with if you simply make jokes."
Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Words: 824662
Joined roleplay: January 29th, 2010, 2:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Lore Author (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Kamalia Timandre on January 24th, 2012, 9:58 pm

How long has it been since the Game twisted the very fibers of her being?

Jaeden and Jilitse would find Kamalia seated at the table, and sipping jasmine-scented tea from a porcelain cup, while her other hand held the teacup’s saucer. Her room was one of the more comfortable luxury suites in the Cubacious Inn, painted in peach pink, decorated with small, fancy paintings whose images seemed to shift gradually—perhaps by design of an illusion. The circular table was oak and polished, with four other empty chairs around it, a thick rug on the floor, and a flower vase with white roses on the tabletop, as if to honor the inn’s Konti guest. Little tea cups, saucers, silverware and a teapot were all neatly set around the vase, and the room smelled faintly of roses and the fragrant odor of tea. In short, the Konti appeared to be expecting guests this morning.

Kamalia gently put her cup and saucer down, and fastened her eyes on Jaeden and his undead companion. The Konti stared at them in a manner as if she had anticipated their arrival, smiling warmly. She rose from her seat, wrapping a delicate shawl around her slender arms and shoulders. Her ivory-silk dress and silver scales seemed to gleam softly in the morning light. “A star shines upon the bell of our meeting, Mistress Jilitse,” she said formally, head slightly bent, and laying one hand over her heart in a gesture of greeting. “My cards have whispered to me of your coming. I am a wizard and a seer, and a traveler like yourself. Please, come and be seated,” she gently motioned for the chairs.

“I informed Mistress Deiner that I shall have visitors today, and she was gracious enough to offer to bring us refreshments and oolong tea from Lhavit,” she said softly, pouring fragrant gleaming tea into the little cups. "The confectioneries would be served shortly."

Jilitse would notice the magic staff that rested against the wall beside Kamalia’s chair. It was of Alahean craftsmanship, a cedar staff with four robed figures on its tip, staring off in the four directions. Whether or not she knew if it were the Pathfinder, a staff crafted by Qaliana Sveransis and once possessed by no other than Sagahl Hrinn himself, remained to be seen.

“Tea?” Kamalia offered to Jilitse, holding up a cup of steaming oolong tea with both hands.

oocReally sorry for the delay. Can you please inform me when your characters are not speaking the truth, or are embellishing something? Thank you!
Kamalia Timandre
I send a hail of burning ice!

Words: 254985
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2009, 8:37 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (4) Advocate (1)

Postby Nyahna Sasin on January 24th, 2012, 11:32 pm

Sasin was learning first hand how difficult it was to stalk someone through a city that constantly shifted. He had to keep his eyes and his thoughts on the woman at all times, or he risked losing her, as he had done several times over the last two days. Three times, he had followed her, only to get distracted and lose her. Today, however, he had successfully kept track of her as she found her way to the Bizarre, and was in the middle of following her shopping spree (no easy task, in a crowd that large) when Red found him.

"Your scent is hard to catch in a crowd." She told him cheerfully.

"What in Siku's name are you doing here?" He winced, rubbing his shoulder. She had pounced on him, literally, and given him quite a fright. Glancing around, he growled softly, finding his target was nowhere to be seen. "Do you jump on people for fun?" He demanded. Red just gave him a look.

"Only when they're needed." Sasin scowled at her, but she continued anyways. "Jaeden needs you to come to the Cube inn to talk. Someone you need to meet." She said cryptically.

"I don't-"

"It's important." She said, cutting him off before he could get a word out. He frowned at her, considering. On one hand, he tried not to get into the habit of running at people's beck and call. On the other hand… given what Jaeden was likely going to tell him about, he probably wanted to hear what the human had to say.

"Alright, alright. The yellow cube inn thing. Got it. I need to get some stuff, but I'll be there in a bit. Go on ahead back to them. I won't take more than a few chimes, plus maybe a bell if Alvadas is feeling crabby and doesn't want me to get there." He looked around, searching for the Cave, and when he turned back, she was gone. "Bloody Kelvics." He muttered to himself.

Upon locating the Cave, he went straight up to his room and collapsed on the bed. What a mess. The swordsman and the mage, together in Alvadas was bad enough, but now they wanted to see him. He sighed, dropping his head back against the pillow. Not going was probably not an option, not with that Kelvic around. Might as well go and see what they wanted from him, and whether he could extort any money from them.

Pulling off his clothes, he donned his night-leather armor, pulled his cloak around him, and set off again in search of the inn of ugly cubes. The Cubacious inn. That one. To his surprise, he found it within five chimes of leaving the Cave. Sending up a quick thanks to Ionu, he stepped inside, finding a common room not unlike the Rearing in Syliras. "Excuse me." He said, going up to the main desk. "Could you please direct me to my friends' room? They should be here right now. Jaeden, quite a bit taller than me, black hair, fairly strongly built, and Kamalia, also tall, white hair, a Konti." The woman nodded, smiling.

"She did say she was expecting guests." She murmured, and indicated to a serving boy holding a tray full of something very sugary. "He's about to go up to serve them. You can follow him up to their room if you want." Sasin nodded in thanks, and followed the boy to one of the inn's rooms. As they arrived, he placed a hand on the boy's shoulder before he could knock.

"Since I'm already here, I'll just bring in the tray for them. Easier than both of us going in, right?" Sasin took the tray from his hands. "You probably have other stuff to do. It's fine." The boy nodded cheerfully, and left without hesitation, trotting off to do whatever. Sasin scoffed softly. Slacker.

Balancing the tray with one hand, he knocked, pulled up the hood of his cloak, opened the door, and walked into the room. Jaeden, Kamalia, Red, and another person were all sitting around a table, discussing something quietly. His curiosity piqued, he decided to stay anonymous for a little while more, wanting to know what they were saying. Walking around the table, he placed the tray on the table, then backed away, making as if he was going to go. Instead of leaving though, he faded into a darker corner of the room, hoping none of them would pay much attention to the server. If Red or Jaeden noticed him, he would wink at them playfully, and press his fingers to his lips, as if playing a game.
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Words: 164919
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2009, 8:24 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Jilitse on January 27th, 2012, 12:27 pm

OOCI saw GP posted on the watchtower quest, and I assume we (Kams and I) must have met up, up, up there in a way. Also, fodder fodder.

The emotion that filled her within was called joy. She mouthed a word of thanks to the Lord of Illusions. Who else could have led her to the Cubacious Inn? Thank Ionu and his city's winding paths.

Her face was smooth an unnaturally pale grey due to undeath, and she wore plain clothes. She could have been any other Alvad out there, but Jaeden must have known--though he had met her when she had almond brown hair and almond brown eyes, Jilitse's presence was Jilitse. Nobody else could be as eerie. Red would have been the first one to determine the Nuit's real identity. Jil's scent, although reminiscent of any other walking dead was unique in its own way: of tobacco and old books, of mint and lemon and reed. And her eyes and her smile didn't change, she had a secret to tell you if you were willing to listen.

But there was something else in her face, the weariness and fatigue that Jaeden was familiar with was gone. There was steel in her, like she had grown stronger in spirit since the last time they met. "Jaeden Kincade. I would owe Ionu a prayer of thanks to find you here alive and whole." It was a flat remark, but her face lighted up, a tiny manifestation of her elation. "And real." She extended her hand to clasp his hand, the cold of her touch reveling in his warmth. There was an exchange of pleasantries, of hugs, but there were hushed murmurs to and fro, for beneath the gaiety and welcoming arms was an unspoken knot of circumstances. Lhex be damned if her being here was a coincidental.

Jil smiled timidly in his presence, the wilderness man was eloquent as ever. Their souls shared something else other than friendship. He was one of the few pulsers she completely trusted. The undead could only nod, as if she understood everything Jaeden said. So many things have occured between today and her last meeting with Jaeden, back in Syliras when they shared secrets in the Sunset Falls. Jaeden knew her hesitation to trust humans (even undead, for Jilitse had once declined an alliance offered by a Nuit who went by the name of Azola and Malia), he knew of the heartbreak between her and Stitch and the kids, the burning of the Welcome Home. Jaeden also knew of her faith, but he knew far less than what she had already revealed to him. Her past in Sahova had always been shrouded, bits and pieces were offered as trivialities. Perhaps today would be a measuring stick of her ability to trust in someone else, to bare herself to her past and move forward to her future.

Today, two additional souls were with him in this City and how their fatestrings would be knitted into Jilitse's own was only for Tanroa to tell. The Nuit silently slided into the Konti's room, an inhuman gait that was pretty to look at if you were into dead creatures.

Jilitse very nearly glared at Kamalia, for hers was a face she could remember. She regarded the Konti with curious eyes, taking in her hair, her skin, her eyes and her lips. They were not exactly friends but they were not enemies either. "I am Jilitse of Alvadas." The truth, like a stream, would roll by, as she had introduced herself coming from many places: of Yahebah, of Syliras, of Sahova. That she was of Alvadas wasn't entirely the untruth, Kamalia would only feel a guarded mind. No intent to be dishonest, only that there was no trust yet. There would be more time for delving into the Nuit's truthfulness later and maybe there would be no reason for deceit today.

The Nuit sat in uncanny elegance, motionless and austere. "You are from the White Isle," a statement more than a question, "and a seer. I dare hope that your cards tell of desirable fortune," to Jaeden a knowing look. The pieces of the puzzle were falling from the sky, chaotic and disorganized. Enter Sasin, the Dhani, who had pretended to be nothing but a simple bellboy. His stealth was nearly missed by the Nuit's unblinking eye, but the fact that he did not leave made Jilitse look at him with suspicion. Where did--

Her eyes combed the room three times before she could focus on the stealthy snake. There was a lot more than teacups and sweet treats on the table today, and the undead would not permit any unwanted eavesdropping. She would keep silent until Sasin introduced himself, or until Jaeden assured her of safety even with the Dhani's presence.

There was a moment of silence as a wild tension unleashed within the room. The nuit sat still as a rock, her eyes dancing between Jaeden, Red, Kamalia, and Sasin. She was a Nuit, and she did not mind bidding her time. In her head she was probably still trying to decide if she was yet inside another illusion or not.

And then slowly, her face changed, from stale curiosity to mild contempt. "Whether it was Ionu or Lhex who brought me here is uncertain." To Kamalia, "I rarely believe in coincidence or the certainty of fate, only with what is here and what is in front of me." Practical and logical words, yet her voice hummed something else. "What reason do you claim?" The first question was for the seer, half-a-challenge to her prediction and half-a-question for her purpose/s in Alvadas.

Once graced with an answer she would turn to Kincade, and in subtle ways she relaxed--her shoulders loosened, her eyes are kinder, her hands are no longer clasped tightly on her lap. "I have been here for a while now, since last season. I came here looking for something," a furtive glance at Kamalia and Sasin, "a golem of Ancient Alahea." The Nuit added, "But I have found something else. Silence, peace. I currently run a small shop in the Bizaarre, that's also where I live at the moment. Mekaniks and Golams. How about you? I'm sure you have a lot of adventures to tell."

She searched Sasin's face with a static gaze, before asking politely, "May the gentleman," obviously an embellishment if not an attempt at good manners, "be kind as to reveal his reason for being here in Alvadas?" To the Nuit's thinking mind, not because that the four of them travelled together already meant that they were of alike interests and goals. Sasin was a shady creature by nature, and it should be a compliment for him to know that Jil found him as such.

Her goddess mark glimmered, outshining everything else in the room. She was murmuring silent prayers, asking Priskil for guidance, requesting her to light her way and to shield her against enemies. She closed her eyes and communed with the light. If any of them had ill intentions against her she would know. Priskil would protect her.

I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei

I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common woman with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.
Jilitse

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Jaeden Kincade on January 28th, 2012, 4:46 am

In the end, Jaeden sat in silence for the most part, watching the exchange between the two women from his past. This was intentional on his part, as he studied their reactions to one another. There was an opening of the door as Jaeden turned his head to see Red first walking in, a smile on her face as she gave a quick nod to Jaeden. “Thank you, Red.” Jaeden simply said before falling silent once more.

At that moment, Red shifted, the golden shimmering light announcing her change into a fox before the claps of her little paws clacked along the surface of the floor. Jaeden’s hand simply moved to the handrests of his seat and Red instantly, and literally, jumped on the invitation as her hind legs launched her into the air and atop of Jaeden’s lap. Jaeden’s hands reached up, resting along the back of Red’s neck as she leaned forward, dragging her tongue along his cheek lovingly a couple of times before Jaeden’s hands slowly slid down her sleek red fur. Red then began circling around, her animal nature coming into play as her paws danced around Jaeden’s muscular legs, her body circling several times as if searching for that perfect, comfortable position. Jaeden eventually rolled his eyes, raising his hands and shoulders in a slight shrug after the third time he had been smacked in the face by her tail. “Want to make a decision here, beautiful?” Jaeden finally asked Red before the Kelvic finally plopped down into a curled up laying position along Jaeden’s lap, resting her chin along the curvature of his hip. “Thank you.”

Jaeden’s gaze then hopped back up, his pupils dancing back and forth as though watching a tennis match as Jili and Kammy spoke. Then finally, the door was knocked upon, before a man entering brought in the tea Kammy had ordered. Jaeden’s hand continued to stroke over Red’s back, the Kelvic reveling in the soft attention before her head raised and her nostrils began sniffing the air in the room. A slight scoffing exhale escaped Red’s maw before he head was laid back down, only after nudging Jaeden’s hand to continue with what he was doing. Jaeden slowly searched around the room for a moment, before catching that glimmer of reflected light in the eyes of the Dhani. Seeing Sasin raise his fingers to his lips, hushing Jaeden with a smile, Jaeden simply shrugged, looking back to the conversation until it had drawn to its conclusion.

Overall, Jaeden had remained silent initially just to see what the chemistry would be like. Whether Kammy and Jili would look to each other with distrust or dislike, or whether they could, in some way, possibly coexist and be in the company of one another without any serious issues. Things were still on the fence. The personalities completely ranged within the room. Kammy worked for a greater good, however her passion for that sometime drove her to dark places, especially when she was using magic. She had sacrificed a lot so far for her goal, being driven by what she considered her fate. She wasn’t evil by any means. At the same time, however, her goal and drive made her passion something other people would find unnerving. Jaeden felt right now, she had better control over such, and trusted her to. Others might see her as a risk, someone who would turn her magics on them if decided at a moments notice to use a little too much magic.

Jaeden kept himself to a certain moral code, and for the most part would be considered a very good man. Most often, between Jaeden, Kammy and Sasin, Jaeden would be viewed as the overall “good guy.” Still, he had a bad streak to him when those he cares about were involved. At one point in his life, not too long ago, he left a man beaten and half dead, tied to a tree with the word “Slaver” carved into his chest. He did this just before the midday sun, in the middle of dense forest. The man would likely suffered for bells at the mercy of insects and scavenger animals before he finally died. So Jaeden was, by some means, not a whole heartedly good person.

Sasin was the biggest wild card in the room. Dhani were untrustworthy by many just for being Dhani. On top of that, the fact that Sasin often kept to the shadows and had a rogue nature and demeanor to him, would make many even more mistrustful of him. Jaeden didn’t necessarily judge a person by their race overall, but even he would have to admit, that if it had not been for his previous encounter with Sasin in The Game, he would likely be suspicious of Sasin as well. The Dhani was a complete wild card within the group, and one that Jaeden found hard to read. Even he wasn’t exactly certain what Sasin wanted.

Considering all of that, Jili was likely the brightest figure for good in the room. She was a beacon within Priskil’s fold. She may have, due to her life as a Nuit, been devoid of most emotion at one point, but now she was overwhelmed by them. Her cause by Priskil’s side would see her as a leader by example in Jaeden’s eyes. A light of hope for those who thought none would exist in the lands, and her personality was greatly radiating such. He knew that trust was not easily given by her, and truth be told, he wasn’t certain Jili would ever come to completely trust Kammy, and more so for Sasin. But that was why he remained silent for the initial period of time, to see if there was a faint glimmer of trust that could be built between the four of them.

When Jili had noticed Sasin, she looked to Jaeden in silence for a moment. It was then that Jaeden simply nodded. He then rose his hand slowly, motioning for Sasin to take a seat. “I would have thought you would enter shadowing the tea server, Sasin?” Jaeden then said, resuming his petting of Red who had since rolled over onto her back for a belly rub. “Used his movements as a distraction to our eyes while moving to the shadows.”

Jaeden then released a slow exhale, looking down at Red as he paws began to twitch in some lucid, pleasing dream while he rubbed her belly slowly. “In any event, Jilitse, my adventures can be shared a little later. Right now, I believe these two may have surmised from your prayer, that you are a follower of Priskil.” Jaeden began slowly looking up to Jilitse. “And while you’ve found peace and contentment here in Alvaldus with your shop, which I am very thankful and proud of you for, by the way, I imagine if your goddess’ cause called you for it, you would take charge and move to her side in retrieving her lover’s heart from the puppet master?”

“Well, I’ll now bring to light the small connection, and purpose for this little, spur of the moment, get together.” Jaeden continued, resting his hands along Red’s side as she dreamed peacefully. “Sasin, is as well being brought to this truth for the first time as well. But the three of us have one thing from our past in common Jilitse, and for Kammy especially, it partially coincides with Priskil’s goal.”

“Almost two years ago, Sasin, Kamalia and myself, along with nine others stumbled upon a magically created keep in the middle of Sylira’s Wildlands. I was tracking some dinner, ran into the magical sign. Don’t ask.” Jaeden explained, rubbing his brow for a moment as if recalling the sting. “This keep presented a challenge, a game if you will, to those who entered it. By the end of it, only five of us were left in that game. Kamalia, Sasin, Gromhir, myself, and Stitch.”

“The biggest revelation in this story, is the fact that this keep and its game, was created by the Sagallius of old. Or more appropriately,” Jaeden said before pausing for dramatic effect and music, to which none came, “the heart that Sagallius had cast away when he usurped Aquiras’ heart. It, and the magic within that heart, had taken on intelligence and life of its own, and laid out this game in hopes of finding those who could possibly stand against the now mad god.”

Jaeden leaned back into his chair, resting his hand along Red once again as she fidgeted for a moment before resuming her pleasant dream that caused a twitching of the paws and slight whimper to escape her maw. “Whether the Heart did this out of spite, revenge or some sense of regained right versus’ wrong that managed to claw its way out of the insanity of overgiving? I don’t know.” Jaeden then continued, lightly scratching behind Red’s ear, causing it to twitch some along with her paws. “I didn’t really care either. No offense to Priskil, or you Jili, but I never saw myself as one involved in bringing about the downfall of a god. Overall, it’s my view to stay out of the affairs of Gods and Goddess’ overall, despite already being marked by two of them. All I’ve ever wanted to do with my life, is survive, protect myself and my own like Red here, and occasionally help out those in need.”

Jaeden then looked to Kammy, giving a slow motion towards her with his head. “Kammy here, however, has embraced this cause. She wishes to see that Sagallius does not ascend from his current status to becoming a God of Magic.” Jaeden then explained, looking back to Jili. “At first, I had hoped it would be some sort of phase she might grow out of, but those Konti callings, they just tend to beat that path for the sisterhood into sheer stubborn determination. Considering Kammy will not sway from this path, that you would likely take a stand against Sagallius if Priskil requested? Well, considering my feelings, my stake in this struggle would see me siding with both of you against him as well, where I would otherwise sit at the sidelines a hope shyke didn’t get destroyed again. Because you’re both close friends of mine, strong bonds that I had forged in the past, and I would see myself dead before seeing either of you killed.”

“Sasin’s own stake in this is a person of interest overall.” Jaeden then said, looking to Sasin. “He could likely evade any of Sagallius’ followers, considering what he won in The Game. And would likely go unfound longer than most of us who made it to the end unless Sagallius searched him out himself. However, considering what he’s learned and his participation in the game, he’s still a potential threat to the God of Puppetry, just like Kammy and myself. As such, his interests would, for now, be best served in allying with us I would hope?”

Jaeden the looked to Jili one more time, before his gaze soon swept over each of them in the room, his hands forming a steeple in front of his face. “So, this is what you have in this room. A common goal, even if it is loosely linked. Jili wants to get the heart back on Priskil’s behalf. Kammy wants to prevent the ascension. Sasin just wants to see it all through to the end, and likely come out ahead for himself. And I simply don’t want to see any of my friends getting hurt or killed for any of those reasons. All points to Sagallius’ defeat.” Jaeden then laid out in front of them all. “Considering Lhex was fickle enough to bring us all together, I propose we pool our resources, and begin working towards that common goal.”

Jaeden then sat there in silence, his hands still forming a steeple in front of his face. Such was then interrupted when Red away and began climbing up Jaeden’s chest, and licking him relentlessly over his face. “Damn it, Red! Pffffffffft! I’m trying to be all dramatic and look important and big minded here!” Jaeden said as Red continued none the less, turning his face from side to side to avoid Red’s tongue who continued her onslaught. Eventually Jaeden began blowing air into her face, causing her ears to twitch and her head to shake out of the tickling sensation. This in turn, only caused her to lick at Jaeden’s face more furiously, lavishing him with all the affection she could muster. “Gah! There you have it, talk amongst yourselves for the moment.”

"If I were to stop and take in the gravity of any serious situation I'm in, I'd likely fall to my knees from being overwhelmed by it. Things become much easier to deal with if you simply make jokes."
Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)

Postby Nyahna Sasin on January 30th, 2012, 1:17 pm

He grinned softly as Jaeden caught sight of him, but otherwise tried his best to stay inconspicuous. He suspected it wasn't working, but still. He kept quiet, watching and plotting.

Jaeden and Kamalia appeared to be on much better terms now. Then again, the last time he had seen them, they had butted heads so much he had half expected the room to either freeze or burst into flames. Literally. Petching reimancers. So that was one less meat shield between him and the Konti if she went batshyke crazy again. Either that, or he'd be more inclined towards heroics. Hmm. He'd rather not test it out.

This mysterious other, now, she was interesting. Overall, rather tense, and guarded. Frigid and dismissive, if not contemptuous towards Kamalia, but softer and more relaxed with Jaeden, although she hid it well. His lover, or just a friend? Her talk of golems made him wince a little, but that was just the memory of giant crossbow golems fresh in his memory. And there was something… off about her. Something that made the predator in him uneasy. He made a mental note to keep an eye on her.

Kamalia seemed much more stable than before, but he had hardly seen her at her best then, as stressed as she had been then. Searching her face, he found no indication of madness, nothing to suggest she would snap and set the inn on fire.

Somehow, that wasn't as much a relief as he hoped it would be.

Jaeden was much the same as when he had last seen him, and Red was curled up on his lap. Adorably.

His eye was drawn to the other when Jaeden nodded at her, and indicated for him to sit. Grinning cheekily, he took the remaining seat, leaning back and smirking at the group, looking for all the world like the most relaxed, carefree person in Alvadas. However, someone looking closely would notice signs of wariness from him, from the way he shifted the chair slightly away from the table, to the way his hands rested on his waist, where he could draw his dagger at a moments notice.

"Well, since I assumed you were expecting something like that, I figured you'd be too busy looking at my shadow to notice me." There was also the small problem that he wasn't good enough to pull something like that off, but there was really no need for them to know that.

Sasin groaned inwardly as Jaeden began to explain to the other, Jilitse, he called her. A follower of Priskil, marked, it seemed. He leaned forwards, curious to hear this truth of Jaeden's. As the human recounted the events of two years ago, Sasin kept a discrete eye on Jilitse, trying to gauge her reaction to the tale, his gaze flitting to Kamalia and Jaeden from time to time so he didn't miss their reactions either.

He rolled his eyes as Jaeden became more and more dramatic, but perked up internally when he began to explain their various motivations. He leaned back and shifted a little, as if impatient, but was mentally recording everything Jaeden was saying.

Kamalia wished to keep Sagallius from gaining even more power and becoming a god of magic. Idly, he wondered if there was already a god of magic that Hrinn would have to usurp as well. Magic would again, it seemed, play a massive part in this.

She fought to keep her power, and perhaps to keep her sanity. He hadn't missed the resemblance between the two, and perhaps she thought that by defeating Sagallius, she could win her inner battle.

Jilitse would be fighting this battle on behalf of Priskil, who was fighting on behalf of Aquarius.

She fought for her goddess, it seemed. No more, no less.

Jaeden was simpler. He would fight for them, because he was sentimental, and a big damn hero.

He wanted safety, for his friends, and himself.

And Sasin himself….

He smiled at Jaeden's words. Smart. That short speech was intended less to explain to the others and more to convince him. And as much as he hated to admit it, it worked. The human was only partially right, though Sasin wasn't going to tell him that.

He had the best chance of living though this, yes, and it was doubtful that any of the god's followers could get him. He was a potential threat, yes, and he knew more than Sagallius would probably like.

What Jaeden failed to understand though, was that Sagallius wouldn't send anyone after him. The human was thinking like a hunter, assuming Sagallius would try to eliminate any and all potential threats. But the Dhani had grown up knowing Eypharians, as the Benshira no doubt had, if in a slightly different capacity. You didn't ever make the first strike against a potential threat unless you absolutely had to, because if they survived, which should always be assumed, they would be a definite enemy. Sasin was by no means the biggest threat to Sagallius, and he knew it. In two years, he had made no move against Sagallius, and in return, he had never been attacked. There would be no end for him, because he had stopped at the beginning. He could walk away from the room right now, and would probably live his life without ever having to think about Sagallius again.

In fact, contrary to what Jaeden thought, Sasin suspected that this meeting would only put him in more danger, rather than grant him protection in numbers. No, this would do nothing for his chance of survival.

But there was one thing that Jaeden had gotten spot on, and that was that this Viper intended to come out ahead. This group was so very diverse, and the three of them had at least four Gnosis marks among them. Whether their plans succeeded or not, for the time being, he would have access to their power, their influence, their resources, everything. All it would take was a bit of caution, some planning, and a lot of pleading.

He had no intention of living his life running away forever, and the risk was more than made up for by the possible benefits. Of course, both were relatively unknown, but the pro's should outweigh the con's. Should. Escape was always an option. As long as he kept doors open and bridges unburnt, he should be fine.

Stifling a laugh at Red's affectionate invasion of Jaeden's personal space, Sasin decided this would be a good time for him to bring up something that had been bothering him for the last few chimes.

"While I'm not going to deny there's a large chance of divine intervention, what exactly makes all of you think this is the doing of Lhex or Ionu, as opposed to, let's say, Dira, Priskil, or, I don't know, maybe the God of manipulation? You know, the one we're plotting to take down?"
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Words: 164919
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2009, 8:24 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kamalia Timandre on February 6th, 2012, 8:21 pm

Kamalia poured her own porcelain cup with steaming Lhavitian tea before seating herself at last. Whether or not the Konti wizard was offended by the Nuit’s expressions, there was no indication of it in her peaceful demeanor. Her violet eyes were just plainly unreadable, and it seemed that it would take a great deal to ruffle the Konti’s serenity. She regarded the undead with a tiny smile when she mentioned Alvadas, as if she knew exactly what she was thinking. “Not a coincidence at all, Mistress Jilitse. Fate’s design is a quaint, elaborate lacework. Yet the weave and the waft may conceive a likely pattern, if you know where to look,” she said smilingly, primly stirring her oolong tea with a tiny silver spoon.

“Our stars cross paths again, Master Nyahnasasin. Take a seat, please,” she smiled at the Dhani, but for a moment, her eyes had weighed him on scales, factored him into her plans, before taking on that unreadable vagueness again. His own teacup was full, indicating that Kamalia had truly expected him to be around. Cinnamon scones were also served, together with caramel dip, and fancy little tarts.

The sorceress’ eyes swung back to the Nuit woman. “Jaeden and I traveled by ship from Syliras. Before we took sail, I spoke with Fentya of the Welcome Home,” she paused, observing Jilitse’s reaction with measuring eyes, before continuing on. “She recounted the fateful evening when flames had consumed the orphanage. She wept on my shoulders, bemoaning the loss of a home and a father,” she said compassionately, the first traces of emotion etched on her face, but they faded as soon as they manifested. “Some locals cursed Stitch for the tragedy, but there were whispers suggesting that it was the resident Nuit who had brought misfortune to the house. And I knew at once they were not referring to Malia.”

“Long before fate bound all of us in this together, we received a note at the Welcome Home from an unknown sender. The note demanded that Stitch take part in the “Game” as one of the players. The condition was: should he fail to win the Game, the orphanage shall be reduced to ashes, consumed by fire,” there was another pause. “Without hesitation, without thought for the perils within, without understanding that it would change our lives entirely from that moment on, we played the Game. It pitted us against each other, bared our very weaknesses, twisted us in ways few may understand," she fastened her eyes upon Jaeden and Nyahna, as if to remind them of those times. Kamalia did everything in her power then to ensure the victory of Team Dusk, even if it meant manipulating everyone like pieces on a board. “In the end, we survived as victors. It would appear as though our enemies did not keep up their end of the bargain.”

The Konti smiled at the Nuit, but it was a smile that did not reach her eyes. “Stitch was the first human I ever truly trusted. You were there when flames licked the orphanage down into dust. Perhaps you may tell us what really took place that night, Jilitse of… Alvadas?” she said the city’s name almost sardonically. It was more of a demand than a question. Her eyes seemed to hint now that she would not take “no” for an answer.

Kamalia picked up her cup and calmly sipped her tea. Her smile had faded then. “The Heart engineered the Game to seek men and women who would contend with Sagallius’ might, whose strength of will would cut through his puppeteer strings. The game is not yet over, Master Nyahnasasin. In fact, the game has just begun. It is now our turn, as players of the game, to make our move. And we must move, for there is no choice but to play. Instead, we hide, we tarry, and we ignore the threat, and already he is starting to lose his fear of us. The longer we trifle, doing nothing, the more Sagallius will see our inaction as weakness. Fate and time move and flow. Should we remain still, we will be swept away. We must act, or we will die.

“From blades of sellswords, from arrows sticking through our hearts, venom in our food, or perhaps his agents banding together to rip our souls apart, there are countless ways to die. We cannot be made his unmoving puppets. We must act. We must play the game.”
She sat back in her chair, watching her guests calmly with unreadable eyes.

SORRY!Sorry it took too long! I had a very busy week
Kamalia Timandre
I send a hail of burning ice!

Words: 254985
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2009, 8:37 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (4) Advocate (1)

Postby Jilitse on February 7th, 2012, 1:57 pm

There was no telling what darkness hid in their hearts, Jilitse thought, but her prayers for protection did not react negatively to any of them, even to the mysterious Dhani. The Konti was the person she was skeptic and concerned of the most: from one mage to another animosity was almost always present, not to mention the Nuit's ill feelings against Sagallius' Pathfinder. But, without even realizing that she was being indirectly influenced, Jil was gently compelled to raise her veil and reveal the truth. Something about the openness of the Konti's words assured Jilitse that it was okay to talk of Stitch, of the things about him that she had long since tried to not remember.

She did not move for a long while, mouth shaped in between wanting to say something and a long deliberate pause. Jil waited for Jaeden or Sasin to add anything to what Kamalia had to say before calling their attention to her story. She leaned forward, rested her hands on her thighs before beginning a retelling of the weeping story of Fall.

"My story began much earlier than that night, and my battle against Sagallius did not start with my being a follower of Priskil. What I could tell you however, is that I have some unfinished business against the golem Drainira, Sagallius' champion." The she-golem was the reason for her visit to Alvadas, as Jilitse was searching for ancient golems but had been incorrectly informed that the Gaping Maw was a "golem". Somewhere between that point and now she got lazy and reluctant. "I have heard of this 'Game' from Stitch and Drainira, but what were the machinations behind it I was not told. I just assumed that they were acquainted in some way. I see now." She folded her arms and sat back, nodding as if she had figured out something.

"I stayed with Stitch early Spring this year. He graciously accepted me into the Welcome Home. I assisted with the kids when I could, but I'd admit I wasn't very honest with him. To him I was just some traveler carrying luggage. I did try to explain who and what I was, although I felt like he wasn't really keen on my side of the world." She craned her head towards Jaeden, "Jae would already know this. I am a Nuit and a mage. Stitch, bless his soul wherever he may be, was too kind hearted, too simple to be involved." But of course the others would think otherwise, after all that had happened to the blind man, could he be really that much of a doll still? "That's what I thought, anyway. I didn't expect that the Welcome Home will be affected by my actions or the dangers that lurk in my past." She paused, a chime, and then revealed that, "Back then I had with me a special book, it was named Marie Suzanne. It was special, and in many ways you could say that it had sentience and life of its own. Drainira wanted it, and I refused to let go. She made me choose between the kids, the orphanage and my book." Jilitse started to put on her thinking face and continued the tale, "Of course the me back then is different from me right now. Perhaps five hundred years of undeath meddle with your priorities and morality. My guilt would dictate that it was I who was responsible for the fire, and I wish that I could contest that some other day. At the very least I hope none of you would misjudge my character just because I chose what I held to be the greater practical good over the lives of my friends." A scoff. "Drainira had perfectly calculated my downfall, but I had a trump card." Jil had established that there was some form of rivalry between Drainira and her-Nuit-self, and she looked at each of them to see if they were following her story. "Right at the moment I thought I was done for, I called for help. And BAM!" Her voice rose and rang with that last word, a stone dropped in still water. "Priskil arrived and saved the day. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for her, and would partially explain why I'm on her side of the fence."

"If I recall correctly, I had met this Nuit you mention. She constantly switches between the names Azola and Malia. She came to me with the knowledge that I was fighting against something, and she was willing to go against my enemies if I agreed to help her with hers. Something akin to being the enemy of the enemy of your friend. It's safe to assume that I had turned her offer of alliance down as there was just too many secrets between the two of us. Quite frankly her offer could not have been more untimely, I was hiding and did not want to call to myself any unwanted attention. I was never really a team player. Being in solitude for hundreds of years does that to you."
The Nuit admitted, "But, as it stands right now, I am not beyond letting go of these petty inhibitions. Recent experience taught me that I am not alone and that I should not work alone."

"Then again,"
she inquired, "exactly what kind of actions do you plan to take against the God of Manipulation?" Jilitse wanted Lhex to reveal what brought them together today. She wanted to hear it from their own words. "It can be said that you are here for your own reasons," she addressed them one by one, "whether to prevent him to become God of Magic, or to evade his wrath and influence, or whether to simply protect your friends... but what action do you exactly plan."

"I would really like to hear out your answers. And be smart about them. I can probably wait if it takes a century or two more to get ready to fight against Sagallius."
That last one was a bluff. Jilitse knew that time is of the essence. Drainira's forces grew stronger, and the fighters of the Light grew thinner in numbers.

I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei

Jilitse

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Jaeden Kincade on February 9th, 2012, 7:05 am

Jaeden fell silent again, letting each of them mull over their own thoughts while Red got her affectionate licks in. Jaeden then slowly reached over to his waist, his hand dipping into one of his belt pouches and he began to retrieve some of his rations. His other hand reached out, grasping his own cup of tea as he took his first sip, Red gingerly eating the rations he held for her in an open paw.

“There is no plan, or course of action that we have right at this particular juncture.” Jaeden then simply said in reply to Jilitse’s question, his hand lowering as Red began lapping at the tea in Jaeden’s cup. “Any of us in this room right now, no in the whole of Mizahar, whom would say they were ready to take any real action against Sagallius, or had any real plan for defeating him, would right now be either be a liar, stupid, or completely fooling themselves.”

“Hey, don’t drink it all woman.” Jaeden muttered to Red before raising his tea cup away from her lapping tongue and taking another sip himself. “Let’s just say aloud about who it is that we are pitting ourselves at odds with, just so the reality of it truly sinks in.”

“Sagallius is a God. Even considering being able to defeat a god would seem improbable in of itself, if not for the fact of Sagallius’ own ascension.” Jaeden continued, lowering the cup once more as Red began to finish off what was left. “The very fact that he was once mortal, but figured out a way to usurp a God’s power I feel makes him even a little more dangerous than other Gods. In the Game, we viewed the results of his ascension. How he stepped out of the tower and cast away his mortal heart. His intelligent, a strategist. He’s opportunistic, and now that he’s a god, he can bide his time more than others. He’s been doing so for over five hundred years now, after all.”

Jaeden then slowly reached out, replacing his tea cup along the saucer. “The plain and simple fact of the matter is that, right now, for as much as we do know, we don’t know nearly enough.” Jaeden said bluntly, once again stroking the fur along Red’s back as she resumed her laying position along his lap. “Sagallius is an individual, who even before Godhood, I wager thought ahead. The very fact that he thought far enough ahead to outwit Dira and escape death by her own hand, right after gaining godhood shows that. Any real plan of action we would come up with right now, at this table, he will likely already be a minimum of five steps ahead of us.”

Jaeden then just slowly shook his head. “For me? No, no plans.” Jaeden then simply said, leaning to the side as his cheek settled into the palm of his left hand, his right still occupied with keeping Red content. “For the better part, I would say I’m in a simple phase of preparation. Take that how you will. For the most part it means to me, seeing what allies there are, the talents they possess and how they can be implemented. Plans can be made when we know what we have to work with, and when we have gathered more information about who we work against.”

Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)

Next