OOC Info The Common Room

For Zeltiva Discussion, New Player Introductions, and Important OOC Announcements.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

[Zeltiva OOC] The Common Room

Postby Paragon on February 25th, 2012, 6:57 pm

Oh you wait, Zeltivans. Just you wait... ;)
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Words: 448583
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Siarak on February 25th, 2012, 11:10 pm

I think we should be worried a little hm :D
Siaraks speaks
Familiar(Vex) Speaks
Telepathy speaks to Vex
Siarak
I am not to be trifled with

Words: 26848
Joined roleplay: November 8th, 2011, 4:55 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Paragon on February 27th, 2012, 3:05 am

Season Change

Yes, Season Change is fast approaching. Once we shift to Spring, you'll no longer be able to begin new threads timestamped in Winter, so if there are vital threads you must do for this Season, please create them now! These MUST have a timestamp, proper title, and summary. I do not want plain Placeholder's littering the City, OR University - they will be deleted.

I would also advise caution with any major plotting for early Spring. As you've probably seen, Konti have come to Zeltiva and other cities to warn of impending crisis. The Season Change will bring with it a large storyline for everyone to get involved in.

There is a lot more development for Zeltiva to come, I promise. I've been tied up with Uni work, hence the slow down.

Thanks!
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Paragon on February 28th, 2012, 11:38 pm

Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Avari on February 29th, 2012, 4:40 am

Woah. As the vernacular would have it, things just got real. This sounds like an amazing time to be playing Mizahar. :)

Considering that Zeltiva was forewarned by V'nessi Ulvalin's messengers, and I'm assuming the Lord of Council will be disseminating that information to the rest of the city, do we Zeltivans need to make threads about preparing for disaster if we want to get through the storm in one piece? Gossamer's announcement about the Djed storms sort of suggests that people might want to post "getting to shelter"-type threads, which is why I ask.

Avari

"Everyone wants something... And when you know what a man wants you know who he is, and how to move him." - George R. R. Martin, A Storm of Swords
Avari
Insightful trickster

Words: 296184
Joined roleplay: August 10th, 2011, 6:25 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Paragon on February 29th, 2012, 7:01 am

That might be best :) I'll try and post an announcement today.
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Paragon on February 29th, 2012, 11:43 pm

So, unless you've been living under a rock, you should hopefully be aware of the storm now. There won't be a big thread tomorrow for it, instead, you should all make threads as the storm causes destruction across the city.

Feel free to refer to the Spring Calendar for a general framework of events, but don't feel restricted by it either. Feel free to damage houses or nondescript buildings, and get stuck in to the chaos! If unsure, check with me, but NPC's like Mistress Claira can be used sparingly in your threads, since they will be vital among the chaos.

There will also be several quests in the immediate aftermath. There will be crazed mages to round up, rebuilding to be done, and more importantly, investigating the obelisks in the bay - and their connection to the fragment stolen in the Winter. I will announce here, and/or in News, as and when quests are posted. They will be open to all.

This is going to be a fun season for everyone, and I hope everyone gets stuck in and enjoys themselves. The storm will hit hard, and there will be casualties, but hopefully you'll survive through ingenuity and imagination! (Of course, if you want to kill off a PC, PM me so I can think up something suitably gory :P Lightning rod through the heart, anyone?)

The storm coincides with our next season change too! Winter threads can NO LONGER be posted, and I would urge you to finish up outstanding Winter threads so I can grade them. All new threads must now be timestamped [Day] Spring, 512 AV.

Please post in the Seasonal XP/Wage thread if you feel you are owed wages for your jobs or seasonal XP - and please, please, follow the template provided.

Welcome to Spring in Zeltiva, write your hearts out, it will be a season full of drama!
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Siarak on March 1st, 2012, 7:25 pm

I just read the storm warning nice one Paragon. But I had a thought wouldn't the Wright Memorial Library be undersome form of protection as well by the goddess Eyris and/or Qalaya, sense it's the largest collection of books aka knowledge in the world wouldn't they want to keep that safe?
Siaraks speaks
Familiar(Vex) Speaks
Telepathy speaks to Vex
Siarak
I am not to be trifled with

Words: 26848
Joined roleplay: November 8th, 2011, 4:55 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Paragon on March 1st, 2012, 7:44 pm

Yes, the roof will sustain some damage but the books will be safe. Thank the God's for keeping our books safe!
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Leigo on March 4th, 2012, 12:07 pm

Hello! So, I'll be joining the quest for mages and would apprecaite it if you guys could wait for me to post as well. I'm busy at the moment, but should be able to post within 3-5 hours.

Edit: Make that 5-6.
Leigo
Player

Words: 154744
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2012, 12:29 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

PreviousNext