By Her Grace [Cachet]

T'Setsuna takes to the South Tower to pray to Rak'keli.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

By Her Grace [Cachet]

Postby T'Setsuna on January 29th, 2012, 2:34 pm

Timestamp: 46th Day of Winter, 511 AV, Morning.
Purpose: Offering prayer to Rak’keli.

The morning shone bright, enveloped in the rays of Syna’s light. Platinum hair whipped around T’Setsuna’s face in a gentle breeze as she inhaled the crisp air. Her people were up and moving all around her, and it brought her joy to see them come and go. There were things to be done, people to be seen, places to be gone. Drawing her light coat around her torso to guard from the chilled air, she left her little abode.

She walked with purpose this morning, for there was something she knew she must do. It had been too many days since she had paid her last visit to the South Tower, and she was overdue for a session. As she approached the Opal Temple courtyard, she veered off onto a path that led to the Tower. Glimmering white stone reflected the light of Syna, casting sparkles around the room. The large, circular room was well-lit and majestic. The feeling of her heart soaring as she entered the cathedral never ceased to please her. The atmosphere was laced with the ever-familiar scent of burning incense and candles. T’Setsuna made her way across the room and found its center. Here sat the altar to Rak’keli, the Goddess of healing and health.

She took a stick of incense from the pile provided and lit it with the candle. Dropping slowly to her knees, she closed her eyes and took in the musky scent burning in her hands. She sat in silence, simply enjoying the grace of being in the South Tower. With a sigh, she opened her eyes to gaze at the statue of the Goddess. A chime passed before she closed her eyes and prayed.

She thanked her Goddess with the blessing of her never-failing perfect health, and for the health of those around her. She prayed for the good health of all of her Konti people, and for the visitors in and around Mura. She asked the Goddess if she would please extend her grace to those in their time of illness and need, to purify their bodies and rid them of the sickness which plagues them, whatever it may be. She prayed for the deaf, the blind, the old and dying. For everyone, she wanted only peace and good health. Lastly, T’Setsuna prayed that Rak’keli may bless her hands when she practices her medicine, whether it be on a doll or an actual wound. To know one’s skill is one thing, but to have her hands guided by the light of the Goddess of Healing would bring her success.

T’Setsuna opened her eyes, feeling enlightened, and placed the incense before the beautiful statue of Rak’keli. She bowed her head one last time to bask in the beauty of the sanctuary.
T'Setsuna
The Sight.

Words: 11397
Joined roleplay: November 24th, 2011, 12:05 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

By Her Grace [Cachet]

Postby Cachet on January 29th, 2012, 2:57 pm

The south tower was indeed where one came to speak to Rak’keli. So many Konti visited this place that it was startling. This south tower was a keystone in Konti society. Many came here to pray for health and long life for both them and those around them. Many others came here for guidance as they got ready to leave Mura for the outside world. But still many more came here just to pay respects to Rak’keli herslef. Thanking her for the gift she had given many of her daughters on the isle. Rak’keli was a gentle goddess. She blessed her followers with strong health because she needed her followers strong in order to fight off disease and strife. Many claim to have seen Rak’keli walking about Mura which wasn’t an uncommon sight. She was known to walk the streets among the Konti people every now and then. But that didn’t make it any less spectacular by any means.

As she prayed T’setsuna would feel a gentle hand on her shoulder and a calming voice speak to her. “She heard you my child.”

If she moved to see who was touching her she would notice it was one of the rare third marked healers of the Opal Order. She spent her days divided between the south tower helping guide people like T’setsuna and helping heal people in the Opal Order clinic near in the Opal Temple. Her hair was absurdly and braided down to the bottom of the small of her back. Her eyes were deep and blue…caring eyes. Her demeanor was soft and unassuming but at the same time her tone was even and collected.

“Rak’keli works in mysterious ways. Do you pray for your own health T’setsuna? What brings you to the shrine of Rak’keli today?”

Listen to the island
The waves and wind
That is the pulse
Note it, feel it
And become one with serenity

Cachet
The Murian Beach Bum (6zillion)

Words: 144588
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2011, 3:01 am
Race: Staff account
Office

By Her Grace [Cachet]

Postby T'Setsuna on January 29th, 2012, 3:13 pm

The gentle touch lay upon T’Setsuna’s shoulder, but she was not startled. She was at peace in this place. Her eyes opened, and she listened to the words of the healer. Turning her head to gaze into deep blue eyes of the healer, she smiled. Rak’keli had heard her?

”I thanked her for my perfect health, and I prayed for the health of those around me. I prayed for the health of the Konti people, and for those in and around Mura, and those outside of Mura. I asked her to look after those who are plagued with illness, and for her guidance in my practice of medicine.” She stood and turned to face the marked one. ”It has been many days since my last visit to the altar. I had to come back to pray again.”
T'Setsuna
The Sight.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

By Her Grace [Cachet]

Postby Cachet on February 3rd, 2012, 11:45 pm

“As you should sister.” She said with a smile as she then looked to the alter and handed the woman something that was offered up as an offering earlier.

It didn’t appear to be anything of any real significance. It was a small wooden statuette that looked like a small Pycon of sorts. It held a shield and sword and wore armor, but it also had wings. Long elegant feathered wings that were skillfully carved out of the wood. The wings arched upward and almost seemed to meet above the head. It must’ve taken a master craftsman to make such a piece of art. But why was it being offered to T’Setsuna?

“This is for you, even though you do not know it’s purpose yet.” That was as clear as the healer could be as she smiled and nodded.

“Yes for you.” She said as she clasped the womans hand around it and nodded again to herself.

It seemed there were many cryptic things in the world around here. Even here in Mura some meanings were cloaked in the form of a small wooden figurine. Such a thing was simple, yet held meaning…to someone. The healer smiled and then spoke again.

“Rak’keli is glad you came, as am I.” She then went about straightening things up around the ground floor of the tower. Leaving the woman to ponder on the significance of the wooden figurine.

Listen to the island
The waves and wind
That is the pulse
Note it, feel it

Cachet

Office

By Her Grace [Cachet]

Postby T'Setsuna on March 2nd, 2012, 4:19 pm

T’Setsuna followed the woman’s gaze to the altar and accepted the wooden token. The miniscule statue was elegant and fierce in its own strange way, crafted with time, precision, and dedication. She turned it over in her hand and felt its surface. The woman spoke, and the young Konti listened.

”For me?” She squeezed the figurine in her hands, marveling over the piece. Her heart skipped a little beat as she questioned the motives of fate, and how it had landed this little piece here, in her hands. As the woman took her leave to continue about her daily business, T’Setsuna made her way out of the Temple. Out in the sun, she sat, iridescent scales glimmering in the bright, pure rays. Her head swam with questions as she gazed out over the terrain sprawling before her. Mura was a beautiful place she liked to call home. Something surprised her every single day, and today it had been a pleasant surprise.

The little figure rested in her lap, staring back up at her with blank eyes, wings spread proudly. She prodded at the little nicks and crannies of the warrior, searching for some sort of hidden compartment or item. What exactly was she supposed to do with this little thing? And why was it meant for her?
T'Setsuna
The Sight.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

By Her Grace [Cachet]

Postby Cachet on March 18th, 2012, 6:11 pm

The figurine was only about three inches tall and two inches wide at the breadth of the wings. The detailing was exquisite and intricate. Great care was taken in every little detail of the figurine. Every little piece of it a clue to something. On the shield sat the intertwined serpents of Rak’keli. Every little piece of it a clue. As she brought he piece close to her face she could smell that it had to be made from the Vian Tree. The figurine looked like it was part of a set of some kind. But where were the others? One didn’t simply make a single warrior figurine and leave it be.

Past her being ushered by were a rather large group of six children or so. Watching over her children was Ulasa. Her careful and loving hand holding the hand of one of the smaller Vantha girls who passed closely by the Konti sitting out in the sun looking at the small wooden figurine. The second her eyes realized the wooden figurine they changed from deep emerald to a warm amethyst. She looked enthralled but at the same time tried to hide it as she moved about with the rest of the children letting go of Ulasa’s hand and running toward the silent gardens with the rest of the children.

Seemed Ulasa was taking her many children to the garden that they did indeed frequent quite often. There they would be able to run out the almost endless energy that they had in their bones. But the Konti smiled and nodded to her isle sister as she passed by with her many many adopted children.

Listen to the island
The waves and wind
That is the pulse
Note it, feel it

Cachet

Office

By Her Grace [Cachet]

Postby T'Setsuna on March 21st, 2012, 2:41 pm

As the thought that the figurine may be of a set crossed T'Setsuna's mind, Ulasa's parade of children bounded past her. The sound of laughter brought her gaze up, and it met with that of the little Vantha girl. T'Setsuna smiled, but was caught off-guard when the colors of the child's eyes swirled and shifted colors. At first it seemed like just a common happenstance. She remembered her mother and father telling her of the Vantha peoples, and how their eyes would change with their moods, or something to that nature. As the child hid her expression and released Ulasa's hand to sprint off into the garden, a thought brushed the back of her mind. With another look at the warrior figurine in her hand, she stood. Maybe this child knew something.

T'Setsuna stood and brushed her dress off, the fabric blinding white as it reflected the light of the sun. Nearby, she spotted a cluster of deep violet flowers. Carefully, she plucked one, and set off for the gardens. 

The children were running and skipping and jumping, their energies abundant and endless. The little horde giggled and played, and for a brief moment, T'Setsuna reveled in the memories of her own childhood. Then, like a brilliant mare on the plains, the Vantha girl sped past in the distance. T'Setsuna gripped the bloom and figure in her hands and made her way over to the child.

Gently, she offered the little girl the flower. "When you walked by, I saw your eyes change color. These reminded me of your eyes." She knelt before the girl and asked, "What is your name?"
T'Setsuna
The Sight.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

By Her Grace [Cachet]

Postby Cachet on April 1st, 2012, 12:49 pm

The little girl was sitting under a Vian tree, hiding but in plain sight. Easy for T’Setsuna to find especially when she knew what she was looking for. There wasn’t anything overly special about this little Vantha girl. She had the dark pitch colored hair of her people behind her head woven in a loose braid that was coming undone and wore simple clothing as did most of the children. She had forgone shoes today because she likely had forgotten them. But she didn’t mind the feel of the grass underneath them.

As T’Setsuna approached the little girl seemed a little sheepish. SHE had the statue. The little warrior statue piece. She knew whose it was, and why it was at the temple; but couldn’t think of why the woman would have it. Her childish mind couldn’t reach any conclusions fast enough for her. So she just waited for the woman to say something.

A violet flower, yes she knew her eyes changed color. It was something that only her eyes did; it gave away her thoughts and the other children always knew when they were making her angry because of it. That infuriated her but at the same time it was a gift; or so she was told. The girls depths shifted to a cool soothing blue.

“Because of my eyes.” This little girl was very self-aware it seemed.

She looked at the flower and gently felt it’s petals with her delicate little fingers. With a nod she then looked at the Konti who had offered it to her. “You have the guardian.” She said as if the woman was supposed to know what that meant.

Listen to the island
The waves and wind
That is the pulse
Note it, feel it

Cachet

Office

By Her Grace [Cachet]

Postby T'Setsuna on April 17th, 2012, 5:54 pm

T’Setsuna marveled at the little one’s eyes. The Vantha were a fascinating people. Their hair glimmered colors, their eyes changed, they were hardy. She couldn’t imagine what the frozen land of Taldera must be like. She wondered if the little girl missed it.

The Guardian.

T’Setsuna’s brow wrinkled delicately. She cleared her throat and sat down before the young girl, fiddling with the figurine. ”Uhm, I’m sorry, I’m a little confused. What is the Guardian? A woman in the temple gave this to me, and I’m not sure what it means or what it’s for. Could you help me, maybe?”
T'Setsuna
The Sight.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

By Her Grace [Cachet]

Postby Cachet on May 5th, 2012, 5:37 pm

The little girl smiled and then nodded. ”The guardian, that’s what I called him. I offered it to Rak’keli because I heard she heals people. I wanted her to heal my brother…” Her eyes turned a dark emerald as she spoke of her brother.

Her voice lowered and she looked down to her feet almost ashamed. “It was all we had to offer her, we came here with so little.” The little girl seemed almost on the verge of tears as she looked up to the much larger Konti in front of her.

“I…wanted help for my brother.” She looked back down to her feet as she sighed a little…something here wasn’t right. Did Ulasa know of this? And if so how much did she know? But what more was there to this story that the girl could tell?

Whatever the case the little girl seemed a little ashamed or afraid for her brother. Wherever and whoever he was. But if T’setsuna looked around she wouldn’t see any other Vantha children. So where was this little girls brother? It was an interesting predicament to be sure. There were plenty of other questions to be asked and answered but the real question became where would she start; what would she ask?

Listen to the island
The waves and wind
That is the pulse
Note it, feel it

Cachet

Office

Next