How to deal with skunks (Kreig)

Kreig finds a strange little animal rooting through garbage on one of his morning walks. How will this encounter end?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Kit on February 20th, 2012, 12:30 am

The skunk explored the new surface, sniffing the food thing. He nibbled the potato. It wasn't bad, not amazingly delicious, but definitely something worth eating...when he didn't have so many new things to explore. His attention was caught by the human talking to him. A name? Oh, right, that's the thing humans use to distinguish each other, because they can't recognize each other's smells.

For some reason, the idea that this human was giving him a name made Kit feel extremely happy, and he purred with pleasure. After taking a walk around the tabletop, he decided that more than exploring further, he wanted to try saying his new name.

There was a magnificent swirl of lights. In the next moment a naked boy, appearing to be in his early teens, was sitting on top of the table. "Moo sha kees. Moo shah kiss. Moooo shack his!! Am I saying it right?" The former skunk looked directly at his human's eyes (noting that he was much easier to see from up here), grinning as he waited for an appraisal of his pronunciation.

OOCSurprise! You know, I can't help but wonder if now would be an excellent time for someone to wander in investigating rumors of smuggled house-pets...
Kit
Very Clever for a Skunk

Words: 31282
Joined roleplay: February 6th, 2012, 4:20 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Kreig Messer on February 20th, 2012, 1:10 am

"Whaaaa....." With eyes going wide and mouth gaping open, his mind unable to believe the sight the lay before him 'A boy, a young, unclothed boy ' He thought with shock 'Wha-what happened to the little skunk I brought in?" The answer? Quite obvious , the boy IS the skunk. After a few moments ,Kreig shakily asked" Y-yeah....you pretty much got it right?" He said placing his hand on his head, feeling a headache coming over "Oh boy, your a Kelvic?" He continued to look at the youn boy, having a hard time believing he was a skunks just moments ago ,now that Kreig thought about it, it was his first time meeting one.

Then a tapping came upon the door as a female voice spoke"S'cuse me, butwould you keep it down? Some of the guests here 'avent exactly woken up yet and it would be mighty pleasin' if you could buckle down and shut up" he said, her annoyance could be heard clearly behind the door

"Ah, yes ma'am. Sorry for the disturbance" He then rose one finger infront of his nose as he gestured for the skunk, er.....Mushakes, to be quiet.
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Words: 883597
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 7:55 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Kit on February 21st, 2012, 9:03 pm

Kit cocked his head curiously at the human's strange gesture. Was he hungry or some thing? But more importantly, there was a new voice at the door! And Kit was in human form, so there was nothing wrong with being seen, right? He leaped from the table and bounded to the door, tripping all over himself, and falling down more than once, but he still managed to make it to the door and wrench it open before the human could stop him.

Standing there in all his naked glory, the young Kelvic took a huge breath as shouted, "MOO SHACK KISS!" The woman, perhaps thinking that she'd been confronted with a crazy child, screamed and ran. Kit, thinking that this was an ever so fun game, laughed and ran after her.
Kit
Very Clever for a Skunk

Character sheet

Postby Kreig Messer on February 29th, 2012, 11:25 pm

"WAIT, LITTLE GUY" Kreig said in a competely panicked manner as he ran after the little fur-er... Butt-naked kid 'Oh this is bad, real bad' He thought as he run after the Kelvic.

"SIR, GET THIS BOY AWAY FROM ME THIS INSTANT!" Shouted the woman as she ran awa from kit, the early morning tavern goers stared at the spectacle of a woman being chase by a naked little boy who in turn was being chased by a panicky Kreig

" this is gonna be awkward..... 10 GMS to the first bloke who catches the kid WITHOUT harming him" Kreig announced, He felt very awkward saying it, but it got what he needed as the sound of 'easy' money was enticing to the tavern goers' ears. With a good number of the kind folks beginning to run after Mushakis, the Skunk Kelvic.
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Kit on March 2nd, 2012, 12:12 am

The kelvic boy thought that this was an amazingly fun game. He laughed as he chased the fleeing woman and dodged the clumsy attempts to grab him, but when he processed what the human was saying, a bit of guilt nagged at him. Money was important, Kit's mother had taught him so, and now his human was risking money, and it was somehow Kit's fault. Dodging the grabbing hands of the tavern patrons had become more important than just a game.

He immediately spun on his heel, and ducking under the arm of a bleary-eyed but still greedy patron, he ran as fast as his feet could take him (which was pretty fast). Before the slowly awakening tavern-goers could quite gather their wits, the naked kelvic boy had jumped into his human's arms, loudly declaring, "You caught me!" He grinned widely, his face a simple expression of joy.
Kit
Very Clever for a Skunk

Character sheet

Postby Kreig Messer on March 3rd, 2012, 4:33 pm

"Apparently so, Mushakis" Kreig said carrying the young Kelvic, who was devoid of any clothing "Oh dear....." He then looked at the group of angry tavern goers and the angry woman whom the skunk kelvic had chased after earlier

"Oy, we want our money petcher" said one of the greedy ones, looking like he just stepped out of a crude drawing, said crude drawing made using the feces of 45 year old artist.

"I DEMAND TO BE REIMBURSED" Shouted the crazy women a she stood behind the crowd, and then came some random gent with a bunch of his friends

"We don't really want anything, we just want to cause trouble" Said the gent, and while this made Kreig smile, he frowned soon after

"so this gent wishes fora brawl,but There's the kid....... I can't drag him into the middle of thi-" A punch in the face by a random tavern goer changed his mind 'OH PETCH THAT,I SHALL FIGHT LIKE BEAST......who will try not to break things in this place or face the wrath of a man I respect." And so with that a brawl began,a brawl that had absolutely no property damage because everyone was afraid of getting various individuals angry, with some of the fighters moving outside for good measure.
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Kit on March 3rd, 2012, 5:38 pm

Kit ducked as his human was punched in the face. What had recently been a game was quickly becoming much more dangerous. He fled under a nearby table, and most of the fighters seemed to ignore the boy, all focusing instead on attacking the human. Guilt pierced his heart as he realized that his human was in trouble, and it was all Kit's fault. He didn't know what he would do if his human actually got hurt... there had to be something he could do to help!

In all the confusion of the brawl, no one noticed the brief flash of light under the table, but Kit made sure they noticed the skunk coming out. He hissed as loudly and angrily as he could, trying to scare the stompers off until they stopped hurting his human. He didn't want to spray unless he had to, but if they left him no choice, well, then he had no choice.

Some of the brawlers stared stupidly at the small animal, others realized what he was and fell over themselves trying to escape to the safety of the streets, but the woman shrieked an even more ear-splitting shriek than before and grabbed the dreaded broom, assaulting the poor terrified skunk until Kit ran out the door. Most of the fight had spilled outside already anyway, and the woman slammed the door shut behind him.

Outside, the brawl was causing quite a scene, though there seemed to be a rather unfair number of stompers ganging up on Kit's human. He tried to hiss and stomp at this group as well, but the sounds of the brawl drowned him out, and no one really noticed him. In distress, he tried to find a way to help his human, but he couldn't see what was going on very well at all. All Kit really had was the one defense mechanism, but he hesitated before using it. What if he accidentally sprayed the human, and then he didn't want Kit anymore? But what if he didn't protect the human, and he got hurt? The indecision was driving him mad.

OOCI decided to give you a thread to fight more if you want. You can decided whether Kit sprays them or not, but if the fight is not resolved on your turn, Kit will probably spray on my next turn.
Kit
Very Clever for a Skunk

Character sheet

Postby Kreig Messer on May 14th, 2012, 2:23 pm

‘Well this was quite troublesome’ He thought ‘It’s the fun kind of trouble….. Though knowing the young skunk is here makes it worrying’ Indeed, who would want someone in their charge be placed in trouble ‘A heartless bastard, that’s what’ As the chaos in the bar erupted, punchs were flown and empty bottles of Ale and Wine flew about. Some had pulled out daggers to gain an ‘unfair’ advantage, one things for sure was that the bars more important pieces of furniture were never touched, some out of respect for the owner who tended their needs although he had a terrible bedside manner. Some out of fear because the Tavern was known to be frequent quite often by Daggerhand, A genocidal lot more so than other gangs, while not as combat worthy as the Sun’s Birth Dragoons there were many of them and not too shabby themselves.

Kreig’s current opponents were less than one might expect, Kreig was somewhat thankful for this ‘Ugh…..what a day for brawling to be of less importance…..’ He had to make sure the Skunk was safe and that meant going outside ‘least I get some satisfaction by taking out these petchers’ He smiled, his armored fists raised and slammed together as he expected his opponents.

The First seemed to be a skinny prick, holding a broken bottle as a stabbing weapon, overall there was nothing to say about him other than he looked drunk ‘A single punch could take him out with no worries’ The Second was one of those seafaring races, the Sverfa , by his species standards he was shorter than most Svefra males, much shorter, only six foot and one inch tall and only an inch above average in comparison to a human male ‘Quite muscular though, and not without his fair share of scars….’ Indeed, like a painting he stood there, a scar across his chest while three across the left side of his cheek , as if struck by a wild animal. The last of the bunch was another human, He was a couple of inches shorter than Kreig and seemed to be quite energetic, his body in a boxing stance with both fists raised and his feet jumping around, preparing to move at less than a second’s notice.

It was enough to get Kreig quite interested in the battle, a maniacal glee on his face ‘Oh ohhhhh, my blood is boiling already!!’ He thought, an euphoria already spreading about his body. It was skinny prick who moved first, a drunken thrust aimed at Kreig’s sides, but the man was too drunk for his own good as Kreig dodged that quite easily and grabbed the man’s wrist quite tightly, with a small yelp he dropped the improvised weapon and with a mighty blow into his gut from Kreig’s right hand, he slumped over unconsciously and quite possibly resting in a puddle of his own puke.

As Kreig chuckled he failed to notice the Svefra had grabbed him from behind, having snuck his arms under Kreig’s pits and put him in a lock. Taking advantage of this the Boxer used this opportunity to strike multiple times at Kreig’s abdomen with a good ol’ one two combo ‘Haha….Perfect, more more more’ Although his stomach was receiving quite a thrashing the adrenaline in Kreig’s body prevented him from feeling the pain, something that would be akin to a hangover once it’s all over. Of course, the situation was going to be quite boring if Kreig stayed like this. When the Boxer got closer Kreig took the advantage to headbutt the bloke, causing him to stumble slightly in a daze. Thanks to the Svefra’s tight grip Kreig had raised both his legs and thrust them at the dazed Boxer, hitting him square in the chest and pushing him back a bit and fall on his back thanks to a stool that was behind him ‘Heehee, that was a bonus’ He laughed internally while a bloodthirsty smile decorated his face.

The Svefra was still holding Kreig tightly thanks to the arm lock, and was quite stronger than he even appeared. Using his strength he carried Kreig slightly off the ground and slammed him into the wall, even in his adrenaline induced ‘high’ Kreig couldn’t help but a feel a sharp pain in his body, including in his wonky left hand, which lost a bit of feeling after a fight a few years ago…… At times it threw a good punch and sometimes it was less than stellar. The Muscular beast of a Svefra attempted to do the same thing once more, but raising his legs one more and pulling them back when they touched the wall, Kreig sprung himself and the Svefra back and fell over the same stool that the Boxer tumbled over….Inadvertently falling over him as well as he was about to stand up ‘OH DEAR GODS, GITTOFF YOU GITS’ He screamed in pain, Kreig was all too happy to oblige as the Svefra’s grips loosened enough for him to escape and allowed him to crawl away and stand up. The Svefra stood up as well, looking quite angry ‘Your goin’ down you stupid groundwalker’ He said.

Kreig shook his head slightly, the adrenaline rush in his body quite gone and replaced by an aching pain throughout his body “Well that’s a new one, coming from a seaman walking on the bloody land at the moment’ It was not a creative insult indeed, but to each their own one would suppose. The Svefra launched himself at Kreig who, with a little difficulty, moved to the side to avoid getting mushed by the short Svefra , who stopped and turned around, looking at Kreig with even more rage

“I’m gonna hurt you so bad, your mother’s gonna feel it” He said to Kreig, who gave him a look of bemusement. Following it up he gave a bloodcurdling shout that screamed overcompensation

“Don’t bring my mother into this you dolt” Kreig replied, then replaced his look of bemusement with a smug smile “Why did you bring her into this anyway? Is it so hard being a short Svefra ? You must get looked down a lot” He Chuckled, which only served to further enrage the muscular beast, stepping back slightly Kreig’s foot hit the broken bottle that was used by the skinny prick, looking at it and without a moments haste, Kreig picked up the broken bottle as the Svefra quickly stomped over and threw a mighty punch at Kreig’s side while Kreig retaliated with a stab at the gent’s neck before falling to the side, grasping his hurt sides and thought ‘Yup, definitely broke a few ribs’ he winced as he looked at the Svefra.

The Svefra only stood there, a broken bottle lodged in his neck and a gurgle of blood emitting from his mouth while another stream of blood dripped from his. A moment after and like a mighty statue the Svefra fell with a backbreaking thud. The fight still continuing around his corpse with little care of the fallen Svefra’s death, Kreig slowly stood up and made his way outside, opening and closing the door on as passed through it and saw other people fighting outside ‘Merv is gonna chew my hide…..’ He though as he scanned for the skunk, and with a soft smile made his way toward the little skunk “Hey there Kiddo, time for us to leave, don’t you agree?” He said extending him arm, ready to take the little guy away from the carnage ‘And get to a healer on the away…..Again……”
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Kit on May 16th, 2012, 4:38 pm

Relieved that he would not have to spray, Kit hopped into the human's arms. They managed to slip by any remaining fighters without too much notice, and made it safely to Kreig's healer friend. Kit ended up napping inside Kreig's coat for most of the journey, so he was not aware of anything happening after that.
Kit
Very Clever for a Skunk

Character sheet

Postby Archelon on May 22nd, 2012, 7:36 am

Thread Award

"..."

And the Results!!!!:

Kit :
SkillName 1-5 How/why?
Observation2
Acrobatics1
Investigation1
Unarmed combat1 For the coat tug. :P

Lores:
Kreig (partial)

Krieg :
SkillName 1-5 How/why?
Brawling3
Persuasion2

Lores:
"Mushakes" the skunk
Staying out of the pig's foot might be good for awhile.

Would you like some extra turtle sauce ? :
Interesting thread :).
Thank you all for the privildege of moderating, unfortunately with deaths in the family and ailing health I am retiring. All thread grades I had on my pc have been forwarded to founders and paragon, so expect them posted soon.
It's been a mixed bag at times , but with all the good and the bad and mixed signals, I can honestly say: Thank you. Please support the next mods of sunberth as well as you have done me.
[/color]
Sunberth Forum | Sunberth Lore |Storyteller Guide and Requests |Ole Archie's Office|
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Words: 377245
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2011, 7:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous