One Night at the Winter Revelry (Enric)

Sira goes to the mysterious Winter Revelry, a grand party held every twenty days at the Inclement Weather during the winter.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Postby Sira on February 21st, 2012, 8:52 pm

One Night at the Winter Revelry

Timestamp: 70th of Winter, 511 AV
Event: The Winter Revelry
Content Warning: Possible Mature Content
Characters: Open to the First Person who comes in.
After that PM me if you want in, but you gotta come in pairs.

It had been a long time since Sira had gone out and partied, and with a baby she now had less time than ever. Luckily the child was growing fast, just like Sira had, and she would have her free time again soon. But most days and nights Sira was either busy being an endal, or busy being a mom. Tonight was different. It wasn't really her intent to go and party without Aidara, but the healer was off doing something else, and someone mentioned that it was the night of the Winter Revelry.

The Winter Revelry was a special party the Inclement Weather held every twenty days or so during the winter, and in fact Sira had never been. She was told she was supposed to wear only white, and a mask. Sira didn't have either of those so the first thing she had to do was make a stop by the market. The dress was easy enough, and Sira ended up purchasing a short white one with a white leather sleeveless Vinati for her top. White feathers that came from her own supply she wove into her hair, and the mask she purchased was both striking and beautiful. It made her look fierce, and Sira liked that.

Sira made her way deep down into the mountain, far beyond the borders of the city proper, to where the Inclement Weather made its home. It was far enough away as to not disturb the rest of the city and it wasn't long before Sira could tell why. She heard the drumbeats long before the rest of the musicians and the sound of beating feat on stone came to her ears, and by the time she arrived she could feel the music vibrating all the way down to her bones. And Sira loved it.

She immediately began to move with the beat, though you couldn't really call it dancing yet. The Winter Revelry was different than a usual night at the Inclement Weather. When the dancing next stopped Sira would be given a partner whom she would remain with for the entirety of the night. It was all supposed to be mysterious, a sea of red hair with faces hidden behind all manner of interesting masks. Many of them were bird themed, though there were some that resembled other animals, and some Sira couldn't recognize at all. Sira loved the mystery of it right away, loved the fact that no matter what happened that night, nobody would know it was with her. Truly, it was perfect for Sira, because her name carried so much fame (or infamy) that it was a hassle to go around. She was the Wind Eagle kelvic, and that always drew attention. But this night.. this night Sira was just another Inarta in a mask, waiting to have a good time.
Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Words: 737381
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2010, 3:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Enric on February 22nd, 2012, 5:25 pm

This, this was just too weird of a feeling. The work, it was gone, at least for a day, it was gone. His orders had been filled, what few there were, his work sold for too little at the market, just so he could have something to eat, and now he had nothing left, nothing yet, to do. Enric would stare at his hands for a long moment, they were empty. No leather caressed by those heavily calloused palms, no knife carving into hide, and no desire to even dabble in his poetic hobby. Enric decided then, to slip out of his home and, for once, find something to do, hopefully relaxing. It had been so long since he had a chance to just relax and enjoy himself. Enric, the Chiet, would take to wandering the city briefly before he caught wind of the sounds, the Winter Revelry. He had never been there before (though as a child he would often peek inside and watch the masks dance and spin around each other), yet every time he passed by, he knew it was something he wanted to, one day, visit.

But he couldn't. He smelled like piss and rotting flesh, since that's what his home smelled like, because that's what his work smelled like. The Avora that he passed by on the street would often remind him of this and his needs to go to the Tisume Baths, and it was true. Enric, however, always had work to do. That is, except for tonight. Tonight, he had time to visit the baths, and he just sold some wares, he had a little extra coin to by a cheap mask and set of clothing good for one night. And, best of all, behind his visage of mask and clean skin, nobody would know he was a Chiet. No, better than that, any Endal or Avora there wouldn't be known for who they were. This would be like Enric's dream come true, everyone equal and treated fairly, just for the sake of a single night's worth of fun.

Needless to say, Enric hurried himself to the Tisume Baths, to the Market, and then to his final destination of the moment, the Winter Revelry.

It was odd to feel clean, and to actually smell himself and feel pleased with the scent. The mask he had picked out too felt a little odd, just because he was unfamiliar with it. Still, the Inclement Weather was beckoning him, and now that he was dressed like snow and faced like a wolf, he was about as ready as he thought he'd ever be to face so many people.

And wow! It was so different than how he remembered seeing it as a child. The music was louder, beating into his head like he himself was a drum. The strings and horns migrating in between the pounding rhythm, and despite the sound almost being too much, he was enjoying it. Enric moved inside, unaware of what kind of people resided where, and though he felt like he would end up at the bar sometime in the night, for now he felt like he should be about as far from it, the center. A bad choice, rookie mistake, but it happened. The White Wolf (Enric kind of liked that persona) moved slowly, looking all around at the people. Some were dancing, many were shouting over the music just to converse with each other, and plenty of others were drinking or laughing or fondling or doing who-knows-what. It didn't take long, however, for the lone wolf to get sucked into a group. Mostly their masks consisted of non-animal likenesses, though he noted a snake-like mask that he could have sworn was glaring at him.

"Hi there! You new here? It's kind of obvious! You look lost! Here, stay with us for a bit!"

Enric chuckled (which was drowned by the music) from behind his mask and nodded, then his new unnamed acquaintance slipped something in his hand. It felt like a marble, though somewhat elongated. The man lifted his mask (wasn't that a crime during the Winter Revelry?) and placed on in his own mouth, obviously expecting Enric to follow along.

And he did.

Nothing happened.

Enric just assumed it was candy, foolish young man that he was. He lingered around the group for a while, but then talk of sex and... well multi-person sex came up (it was a bit too early for orgies, right?), and somewhere between the group of a dozen or so people reaching into each others' clothing and them moving off into the curtain hidden side-rooms, Enric split away from them.

And again the Wolf was prowling, looking for something to do. He didn't have to prowl very long though, since apparently there was some tradition that was starting. A pairing of sorts. A tall muscular, yet gently grinning man took Enric by the arm and led him to the woman, who was also dressed solely in winter-white and mysterious mask. Enric could only guess that it was the 'pairing'. This was awkward. Now what did he do? "Hi! I'm E-..." Enric paused for a moment, nearly forgetting he was incognito tonight. How fun! "You can call me the White Wolf!" Enric, who had to yell to be heard over the music, was grinning like a fool under that mask. Part of him felt like an idiot, but most of him knew that nobody knew who he was, and most likely they'd never remember tonight. Enric extended his hand to shake, though couldn't help but wonder if that was appropriate for this place or not.
Enric
True Ginger Anger

Words: 15202
Joined roleplay: December 10th, 2011, 2:59 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Sira on February 22nd, 2012, 9:43 pm

As diverse and varied as everyone in Wind Reach was, with their different professions and different castes, at a party like this one the people were able to throw aside their differences and join together as one. It didn't matter that Sira was an Endal, or that the man next to her was a lowly dek. In this place on this night she could be anybody, and so could everyone else. Sira loved nights like that, in fact, because while she always took pride in her station, sometimes being an Endal was just a hassle. Sometimes she just wanted to talk or couple with a man or woman without feeling like they were only doing it because they were obligated to do so. This would be such a night, Sira promised herself. It was going to be a night to remember, and she wouldn't have to remember who it was with.

The music stopped for a moment and the pairing began. People who apparently knew what they were doing moved around the crowd grabbing men and women and dragging them to each other. Sira watched a woman next to her get dragged away to be pair with a tall muscular man, and immediately they started joking and talking with one another. They must have been to the Winter Revelry before.

Sira didn't have to wait very long for her partner to be dragged to her, a redheaded man hidden behind the mask of a wolf. It was very mysterious, to say the least, and the wolf reminded her of dark things. Particularly the wolf kelvic who tried to kill her, but it wasn't a turn off for Sira. No, the wolf kelvic was a bad memory, but the danger that this man invoked by wearing such a mask was good. Sira liked danger, she liked bad boys, and whether or not this man actually was it didn't really matter, that was the whole point of the mask. Sira could imagine him to be whatever she wanted him to be. He was her "White Wolf," as he introduced himself. Liking the name Sira smiled, her lips not hidden behind her mask as his were, and let out a chuckle that was lost in the sound of the returning music.

"A pleasure to meet you, White Wolf. You can call me Lady Eagle."

Sira did a little curtsy, almost bursting into laughter at the uncharacteristic motion, and then took Enric's hand and let him out to the dance floor. She had no idea what they were supposed to do, but people were lining up around the dance floor and Sira just chose a spot that fit in with the overall pattern.

"So I hope this isn't your first time, because it's mine and I have no idea what we're supposed to do."
Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Enric on February 26th, 2012, 3:23 pm

Okay, now this was bizarre. It was probably just the dim lighting or some weird optical illusion created by this mysterious woman's mask, but just the way she said "Lady Eagle" he could have sworn he heard the cries of Wind Eagles cheering her on from just behind. He even glanced behind her to make sure that there weren't, in fact, Eagles watching him. Eagles made him nervous when they watched him. Their razor sharp claws, beaks that could cut him in half. And what would eagles be doing at a party anyway? Enric giggled aloud, literally giggled too as Sira took his hand. There was a chill, like the very winter itself was held in her palms and attacked his skin, muscle, bone, and nerves. He almost pulled away and cried out in surprise, but that would stop that intriguing chilling feeling. It wasn't so much a bad one, not like the winter really. More tantalizing. He couldn't figure out why he was feeling this, or hearing eagles (rather than the casual banter of everyone around him), but he didn't have to ponder it long to understand something was off.

"Lady of eagles. I see your entourage is here to support you. Ah! It's mine to pleasure you Lady Eagle!" Whether it was nerves or drugs starting to act up, his speech was obviously off, that or his mind was a little too bold tonight. Either way, he was feeling a whirlwind of emotions. The hand, chilled and warm, hot and cold. Seductive and restrictive on his own. The mask itself, it moved while she spoke, as if she really was the eagle, the mask itself really her face. "No, but I'm a fast learner."

Enric vaguely understood he would, at some point, have to take the lead in whatever was going to happen. That's how things usually worked right? Men led women in dance. This. was. going. to. suck. Enric couldn't dance. His feet were like lead weights, and too long, and he was actually expected to consciously move them simultaneously! Oh gods! Enric was terrified all of a sudden. Dancing, how could he have forgotten about dancing (or more so, how could he have forgotten to avoid it at all cost?)? Enric shook his head slowly before lifting his head once more too look at Sira. He hadn't even noticed he was staring at his own feet. 'Dammit! She's on to you!' Enric grinned, an action that was once again lost behind the mask, and stuttered aloud. "You are very pretty tonight. I mean, I'm sure you're pretty every night but... Well, all the time too, you're pretty and stuff but you look pretty tonight too. I mean, I don't know who you are and I don't think I've met you before, outside of here, so I don't know if you are pretty or not but I think you are probably pretty every day, and tonight. Every night. I can't dance!"

'Dammit!'

'I know, I'm sorry.'

'You exposed your weakness!'

'I'm sorry.'

'The eagle is going to eat you now! You have to dance well now, or else you're dead!'
Gooseflesh the size of Mount Inarta itself began to plague his arms now. That "candy" he received earlier, obviously was not. Enric, however, did his best to remain composed. The trick to surviving a predator was to act like a predator, right? Wasn't he a wolf? Didn't wolves dominate Eagles (not Wind Eagles, for sure, but there were non-Wind Eagles too). Enric growled awkwardly behind his mask, for some reason feeling it was wolf-like and intimidating to do so.
Enric
True Ginger Anger

Words: 15202
Joined roleplay: December 10th, 2011, 2:59 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Sira on March 7th, 2012, 5:30 pm

Oh, but Sira was experienced with people who had taken false candy. This wasn't her first time at Inclement Weather, though it was her first time for this particular festivity, but she was well aware that special things were often passed around. Sira had even partaken of such a pill once before, only once, and it was a night she could barely remember yet never forget. She could see it in his eyes, he was on something. He was handsome too, her White Wolf. Oh, Enric would not forget this night either, Sira would see to that. But his stammering was rather cute.

"Thankyou. Maybe later we can go somewhere and you can get a better look at me," Sira responded to his compliments with a suggestive wink. "And don't worry, I'm not much of a dancer either."

Sira ran her hand gently up his arm, smiling slightly at the goosebumbs she felt there. She silently thanked Aidara for her healing and lotions, otherwise how would her hand possibly be so silky and soft despite her frequent use of sword and bow. Her hand came up to his shoulder and settled on his back as her other hand reached down to join with his. Sira had, in the process of sending shivers throughout his entire body, brought herself very close and right into the position that everyone else seemed to be taking up in preparation for the dance.

Lucky for them the dance began simply enough, and Sira took the lead initially until Enric felt comfortable enough to take over himself. A step to the right, a step to the left, two steps back and three forward, turn, and repeat. The same thing three times and then the man had to spin the girl. Sira broke away from Enric all except for her hand in his as she twirled beneath it, spinning of her own accord the first time since Enric apparently had no clue what he was doing. The next time he would spin her though, but they weren't there yet. Sira rejoined Enric in the close hold and the pattern of the dance began again as the music, all the musicians playing now instead of just the drums, continued on. Later they would move on to more complex dances, giving Sira an Enric more chances to make fools of themselves, but to begin wth it was easy enough.

OOCSo sorry for taking forever to respond to this! I got caught up in the whole djed-storm preparation thing for Ravok and completely forgot about the thread. I'll be posting at regular speed again now.
Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Whimsy on December 18th, 2012, 1:58 pm

Experience Award

Sira

Exp
+1 Dancing
+1 Seduction

Lores
Inclement Weather
The Winter Revelry

Comments
A shame this ended early, it had the potential to go somewhere very interesting... Lovely lovely writing, Sira is such a genuine character. PM me if you have any questions.

"Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away."
Louis de Bernières

[ Floating AS of Kalea ]
Whimsy
made of tiny stories

Words: 121180
Joined roleplay: December 10th, 2012, 1:04 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook