Looking for an Inn (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Ira Dayer on April 22nd, 2010, 1:33 pm

Ira had never tried Kelp Beer before, she usually stayed away from beer in general but this time, she needed it.
"Yes, I am new, very new to be precise. I come from Spires in Taldera..." she trailed off and then continued " what about you?" She smiled then she cocked her head and said in a far-away dreamy voice "What dreams do you have?" then she quickly firmly added "don’t answer if you don’t want to, my tongue slipped, pardon me, my thoughts were elsewhere."
She closed her mouth scolding herself in her mind her fingers intertwined nervously. She cursed the fact that she had the habit of talking to herself and expressing her thoughts out loud.
Ira Dayer
Player

Words: 4784
Joined roleplay: April 14th, 2010, 4:09 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Fallan Windchaser on April 22nd, 2010, 10:04 pm

It seemed that an interesting conversation and an interesting new person had indeed arrived at a very timely moment, but for now Fallan left Hadrian to answer the questions while he went to buy a new round of beer. Not that he didn't keep his ears open for anything interesting while he stepped away.
Fallan Windchaser
Rider in the dark

Words: 231014
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2009, 12:46 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Hadrian on April 23rd, 2010, 6:01 am

"Oh, the Spires?" he asked, perking up with interest. "I've lived here for going on four years. I'm from Syliras originally."

He considered her other question for a moment, then shrugged. The question didn't offend, and he didn't see how it would hurt to answer the question, especially since he and Fallan had been discussing marketing practices.

"I suppose I dream of being the foremost mage of my day, but at the moment I'm working on being the foremost magecrafter..."
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Ira Dayer on April 23rd, 2010, 11:41 am

Her interest grew noticeably when she learned he was a mage then Ira pointedly said
You suppose you dream of being the best mage of your time? You can’t suppose a dream. Dreams are very, very powerful, they are what drives you, what keeps your heart thumping in your chest"
She closed her mouth, lips trembling then she kept silent for some time then she answered his question.
Yes, I was brought up by a herbalist in Spires.” She trailed off then continued “So, you left your family in Syliras? What about your studies? How do they fare?” She smiled widely and said
And what draws you to magic?”
Ira Dayer
Player

Character sheet

Postby Fallan Windchaser on April 23rd, 2010, 3:32 pm

Since there was little choice in the way of what was being served it meant that Fallan was able to return to the table in very short order and deliver a new round of beer to the table. It did mean however that he had to finish off his previous beer, an action at once both repugnant and yet seemingly unavoidable.

He resumed his seat and listened for Hadrians reply before joining in again to the conversation.
Fallan Windchaser
Rider in the dark

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Hadrian on April 23rd, 2010, 5:31 pm

He shot a quick, welcoming smile to Fallan before responding to Ira. She seemed quite forceful and passionate for an Akvatari, at least from what he knew of them. Perhaps that had to do with her mixed blood. Part of him wanted to bring her to Professor Rochlas, himself fully Akvatari, as a sort of show and tell and ask lots of questions kind of thing.

There was no comment to her definition of a dream. His passions were his own, and hers were her own. But as to magic, well...

"The magic I work can be infinitely simple or infinitely complex, and I enjoy the mental challenge. For me, nothing compares to knowledge, and shaping the djed into more useful forms.

"And as for your herbalism, well, I even enjoy the art -- because I can't see it truly as a science yet -- of philtering potions from herbs and other elements. I suppose I should be a better cook for all that... Hm..."
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Ira Dayer on April 23rd, 2010, 6:25 pm

She said in a flat tone "I find no joy in dead plants, their crushed shrivelled forms makes me think of crushed and shrivelled souls as had the herbalist with which I lived.But spring…to find new plants growing fast and strong, to hear the joy all around. To hear the trees whisper the streams gurgle! - She broke into a melodic laughter, eyes sparkling –“That’s the only potion you need: Life
She accepted the beer with a warm smile and sipped it, without batting an eyelid though the taste was strong but she did laugh melodiously again without reason clearly effect of the beer.
Magic, do you study anything in particular? Who teaches you?
And what about you, Fallan? What do you do
?”
Ira Dayer
Player

Character sheet

Postby Fallan Windchaser on April 25th, 2010, 5:54 pm

Fallan listened with interest to the interchange as he took his seat. It was his first meeting with one of her race and his interest was more than a little piqued.

He sensed that her disdain for herbalism was more of a personal preference than one dictated by her race, but it was just an assumption and one which was so far unproven. Curiosity drove him as ever to wonder more about her.

"Spring is a wonderful season, when the sea becomes green again and the first new growth stands tall once more. But for me, I do whatever I need to, though generally I find things of interest and find people who value them even more than I do. But what of yourself? What brings you to our Inn and our company and away from the Spires?"
Fallan Windchaser
Rider in the dark

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Hadrian on April 26th, 2010, 3:27 am

"A little of everything and a lot of magecrafting," he said quietly, letting Fallan take up their end of the conversation, but not wanting to leave her questions unanswered. "Mostly with Professor Stonemiller in the College of Magic."

He drank down the kelp beer that turned most stomachs. One of his first goals in Zeltiva was to acquire a taste for the stuff, and after many bouts of nausea, he had done so.
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Ira Dayer on April 26th, 2010, 11:39 am

She looked at Hadrian and said “I hope the college is to your liking and that your professor will teach you well. You said you study a little herbalism…have you noticed that it’s mostly a trick?” She left him a bit puzzled by this affirmation but then Ira looked at Fallen and answered is questions:
I do the same; my dream is to discover new places and people from which I can learn. I nurture a burning thirst for the unknown” she chuckled “as for what brings me here: nothing does. I have no where to go, I am a wanderer. By chance my way led me to Zeltiva.
She gulped down the rest of the beer in one mighty gulp then continued sadly “I have nothing to do with my life. I used to find solace in music, it would caress the souls of the people that listened to me. But now I find dead, hard souls who care not for the beautiful…” She smiled but a single tear fell from her eye leaving a trail of salt on her skin.
Ira Dayer
Player

Character sheet

PreviousNext