Friendship, Balance and Vicious Cycles[Kavala]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Hatot on April 24th, 2010, 7:30 am

Hatot pulled his hood back down, once again settling himself in his seat at the table. His hand came to rest along the palm of his hand as she soon settled back into her own seat. “I’ve yet to see a Suvai used, but I hear they are effective weapons.” Hatot commented, coming back to her previous discussion over the weapons. “Your sister is astute in matching weapons based on personality as well then, I see, and one does not need to be a creature of war, they simply need to feel a desire to defend themselves and others from harm. That is reason enough to sometimes pick up a weapon.”

He then shook his head slowly at the suggestion of having anything corrected on the cloak. “I would not have this cloak altered by even a master embroiderer. It would diminish the sentiment that it holds in my opinion. If anything, I will simply bring it back to you to be mended, should an accident happen while I wore it.” Hatot then said before giving a slow nod to her offer. “I will certainly bring you some other things to work on, if you wish them to help pass you spare time in the evenings. I‘ll definitely need some new wares for the winter season.”

Hatot then slowly inhaled the scent of the wine for a brief moment, before taking a slow sip. He pondered the tradition she described from her home, picturing it in his head as he imagined her sitting around a fire or table, dining with family or friends as gifts were passed around. The tales they told, ranging from past to present. It indeed sounded like a good way to pass time at night. Hatot himself had not experienced much of that himself. Due to his struggles in the past with Radris, he found himself often camping on the outskirts of the city, keeping his distance from the masses in whole to avoid rousing Radris from the depths of his being. Before Kavala, he had never had lengthy conversations with anyone, save for his students, father and master in the Hand to Hand combat. “We don’t really practice such among our people. Most often, we have a celebration after a good hunt, especially among family and peers after one of us has successfully passed one of our Rites.” Hatot explained as he rolled the glass of wine between his hands casually. He then set the cup down along the table, sampling one of Kavala’s cookies, noting that Radris would likely enjoy them. “Much of our young lives are spent training, shaping our bodies and minds into that of the warriors our race is known for. And while we may not spend the time to share stories and exchange gifts after dinner, there is something shared as he grow, training among one another. In a way, it’s similar to how Drykas spend their dinners, but overall, a different approach.”

Please, do not upset me. I would hate to unintentionally rip your throat out in a fit of rage.
Hatot
The Edge Walker

Words: 301214
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2010, 8:12 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Kavala on April 26th, 2010, 3:18 am

Kavala felt strangely proud to see the Akalak wear his cloak again - this time augmented by her needlework. There was something so domestic to it - refreshingly so - that it settled her down for a more normal conversation. It pleased her too that Hatot would bring other things for her to work on. She wanted too. It felt good to have some... purpose besides healing. The Konti was born a healer, but that didn't mean she couldn't be more.

Kavala offered him a rare smile and sat back. Hatot could tell she was really thrilled he liked her work. It was truthfully the only way she could give back to him for the kindness he'd shown her. "I was... very scared of you when I first met you. I'm not very good with strangers these days. You've showed me nothing but kindness, Hatot. Though there's no debt - and you've made that abundantly clear - I feel like I need to give back in equal measure." She said softly.

The two of them had gotten a lot of talking out of the way today. The air had cleared on some things leading to a tension dissipating that she hadn't known was there. The Konti couldn't have said whether it was the quiet manner in which he allowed her to unburden a few thoughts - or the ease at which he'd agreed to pursue something with her after his Rite.

She had a momentary fear there. His Rite. Akalak's died during them and not because they weren't unskilled. They died because the creatures they fought were dangerous and unpredictable. Hatot was a competent warrior but he could not control the unexpected. Kavala wished on the surface she could be there to help - to heal - or that he'd take some of his students along with him. But deep down she knew they'd just be a distraction - one that could likely get him killed. She studied the warrior on the cusp of his manhood rite and looked thoughtful. A tinge of sadness crossed her heart. All she could do was pray to the Gods - both his and hers - and have faith in him herself.

When he confessed about the after Rite gathering, she smiled. If he had no family she'd have offered to host one for him. As it was, she suspected his family was already planning such an event. He also explained about their dining customs and elaborated on why. "Your childhoods are far different than the Drykas. It's understandable your customs would be different too. The Konti have vastly different customs as well. Most of them eat together in a large hall in the city. I was in Mura for two years studying to be a healer. It was strange after growing up around all the bronze skinned drykas to see so many pale faces like my own. There were Akalak there too though. Some were training as healers as well. I know of at least one Akontak there too. The aura of their power is strange and takes some getting used too. In the Denusk Pavilion, I was an oddity... as was Akela. In Mura I was invisible. It was such a strange feeling. But it was there I learned to love the sea. I cannot imagine going back to the grasslands and being so far from it again." She smiled wistfully then her eyes filled with excitement as she leaned forward.

"I want to save up my coin. There is a shipbuilder at the port that creates these two hulled ships that have a sizeable interior. They run by wind power and are called catamarans. Have you seen them? I wish to learn to sail... either one of those or a normal ship and then purchase one to travel with. Nowhere very far, but short trips for sure. I might even enjoy looking for Valkalah sometime. I know your people still search for your home city at the bottom of the sea. I didn't know what it was called until someone told me the name of Valkalah's Tears - those waterfalls down the beach. I love going there and in fact its where I did most of my embroidery."
She added, then leaned back to grasp a bottle so she could top off their wine.
The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Hatot on April 28th, 2010, 1:33 am

Hatot shook his head as he looked down to the cloak once again. “Practically everyone is scared of me when they first meet me.” Hatot then said as he reached down picking up his glass of wine. “Even more so of Radris if he’s the first one they meet. You, however, didn’t use that fear as an excuse to avoid me, like so many of them do. Instead, you took time to actually get to know me a little. If anything, I feel I owe you for that.”

Hatot slowly sipped at his wine, remaining silent and simply listening to Kavala speak of the past cultures she had visited, the people she had met. Hatot himself had a vague idea of what it meant to be an oddity, remembering the cautious stares he would get from his fellow Akalak, watching and wondering if his darker half would emerge. At the same time, he wondered if some of those stares had pity mixed in with caution. Wondered if they saw and knew that he wasn’t achieving the balance he so desperately sought, but was just going about it the wrong way. A slight smile crossed his features then as she began to speak excitedly about saving up for a ship, and her passion for swimming in the open seas. His cup swung back and forth slightly as he gripped it gingerly with the tips of his fingers.

“It certainly sounds like a wonderful aspiration.” Hatot said before sneaking his fingers in to snatch up a couple more cookies, slipping one away for Radris. “I’ve never been more than a couple of miles away from Riverfall myself, and never once on a boat. Perhaps you’ll invite me to accompany you during one of your sailing trips?”

Hatot then leaned back, raising his arms slightly as his gaze fell beneath the table to find Patches once again rubbing up against his legs. His hand once again was stretched out to the cat, calmly and slowly. “Kitty.” Hatot said in a still and somber voice, only to once again have the cat stroll away from him and resume her nap next to Whisper. He simply let out a sigh, though no sound or expression of disappointment appeared. “Well, one of these days perhaps.” Hatot simply said before resting his elbows along the table, his gaze once again settling on Kavala.

“How much will a catamaran cost?” Hatot then asked out of curiosity as he took a small bite of the cookie.

Please, do not upset me. I would hate to unintentionally rip your throat out in a fit of rage.
Hatot
The Edge Walker

Character sheet
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Kavala on May 4th, 2010, 5:41 pm

Kavala met his eyes. Her gaze was fierce for a moment as she shook her head. "You owe me nothing, Hatot." She meant that. They were friends. She was grateful for that friendship. That's all she could ask for. That is all she wanted... even though sometimes when she looked at him she felt soothed, comfortable, and a spark of something else that strongly resembled caring she didn't want to really admit to herself. She knew prisoners were sometimes prone to feeling unnatural gratitude for their rescuers - and in many ways Hatot had been a big part of her rescue whether he knew it or not. She was afraid of strangers. She was afraid of being alone and yet terrified of company and socializing. But every day, out of some sort of feeling of it being necessary, she'd went to his classes and studied with his students and felt just a little bit better and a little bit stronger.

If anything, she owed him.

And she would have to owe him for more, it seemed, before the day was out because she needed his advice. Clearing her throat, she smiled, and looked thoughtful. "You can learn to sail with me if you'd like. I will be able to afford the catamaran by the end of summer if I keep my expenses low. I checked with the shipyards and I can have one built for around a thousand gold rimmed mizas. If I get all the projects done here at Sanctuary and stop pumping all my earnings back into the facility, I'll be able to afford it. Right now, I'm paying a staffer out of my own wages and the rest of my wages go back to improvements." She said, smiling slightly. "I have no idea if you have any interest in sailing... but since coming here... and living on the grass all my life... I just feel so... happy being in and around the ocean. My whole diet has changed... and I feel better, stronger... I don't think the Konti were ever ment to leave the shores." She said, then toyed with a bit of bread she had left. The Konti had eaten perhaps half her meal, but Hatot could see that she was finished.

"I need your advice on something else too Hatot. It's a very delicate subject and one that might run some risk of bringing down Riverfalls authorities on me. But I don't know who else to ask and trust." She said, pausing slightly as if considering. "I know the Akalaks buy and keep slaves. I understand why and I am not judging that fact. But..." She took a deep breath and looked uncomfortable for a moment. Kavala didn't like talking about certain things. And though she'd opened up to him tonight a great deal, there were still certain boundaries.

"A female kelvic wandered into Sanctuary. She's a beautiful thing - absolutely gorgeous and smart and funny - but she's had some problems. An Akalak bought her in ... Ravok I think... for a pet for his son."
She paused then, her face going expressionless and loosing all of its animation. It was the same expression that crossed her face when one of the students in his class or Kavala herself messed up and really hurt her with a misplaced blow or an improper form. Experience had taught her not to show pain, weakness, or even emotions when she was too emotional. And the situation obviously merited pain or emotion... strong enough to shut her down. He could read it across her face like writing in a book though she probably didn't realize it.

"The son didn't want her. She was too young... a toddler. So the father raised her and she bonded with him. For some reason though, he fought it. I don't know if it was the stigma of a kelvic pet or lover... or if there was some other factor like a jealous wife or his darker half not liking her. Anyhow, time passed and she grew. Then one day the son noticed her and since she was older took an interest that turned sexual. He beat her and tried to force her. She ran away... ended up here. She thinks the boy will kill her if she returns and doesn't feel safe there. And shes angry and sad that her owner didn't protect her." She said thoughtfully.

"I haven't told anyone shes here because I don't want to have to give her back. She deserves some rest and time away... and her freedom for I don't believe an Akalak would tolerate such behavior against females... even kelvics. But.. I might be wrong. Is there a darker side here, Hatot? Especially with imported kelvics that are owned?" She didn't think so, but she knew she was idealistic and had an almost heroic viewpoint of the Akalak. "I didn't know if once owned they are always owned, or if there's a reason they can be taken away for abuses. I believe her story, Hatot. I feel animals and what they are thinking. Kelvics are like open books to me with their emotions. If she was purchased as a pet, does that make her a nakivak too? I don't know how it works... or if there's anything I can actually do for her other than hide her... but there has to be some sort of way..." She just didn't know it. "I'd even buy her if I had too.... but I don't know the way to do so without alerting the authorities to the fact I have her. But I want to be up front with them. There is a reason this place is called Sanctuary." She said softly, anger infusing her voice.
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Hatot on May 5th, 2010, 5:43 am

Hatot gave a slow nod, leaning along the table as both of his forearms rested along the surface, his face peering down into the liquid of the wine as his reflection stared back up at him, distorted by slight ripples caused by the breezes that occasionally slipped in through Sanctuary. “A thousand gold rimmed coins is a small price to pay for one’s passions in the long run,” Hatot commented, looking back up to Kavala as she spoke of the ship she wished to purchase. “I can’t honestly say I’ve ever thought about sailing, though I’d be willing to give it a try. Most of my life has been consumed with training.“ How many glasses had he had now? Two, three? Hatot wasn’t sure. What he did know is that he didn’t drink often, and even someone of his size had low tolerance for the effects eventually carried with it when it was not imbibed regularly. A slight flush of heat along his cheeks and slow swimming of his head told him he had had enough for the moment, as he slid the glass aside.

It was odd though, he never recalled Radris having this kind of trouble when it came to drinking, although Hatot was always the one to deal with the thunderous headache the following day. His ears then perked a little, as she spoke of needing his advice. Hatot raised his hand, dropping his chin into an open palm as he looked at Kavala, listening to her speak of Akalak slave purchasing. He himself had never known, though he did suspect. He didn’t bother commenting on such himself, feeling it was besides the point at Kavala continued her story, speaking of a Kelvic, and the mistreatment she received from the one she bonded with, and the others under his house. He felt more concern for Kavala than the Kelvic, when he learned then that she was hiding her, sheltering her out of the inherent kindness of the heart.

Finally, she asked him what would be a most appropriate course of action. He released a sigh, remaining silent for a long time as his hands came together and rested over his mouth, continuing to look across the table at Kavala in silence as he contemplated on her words. “It’s a delicate situation.” Hatot finally said, after the silence had gone by long enough that it became deafening in itself. “You risk much by harboring her. If the family that sheltered her had discovered such, chances are they would have reported you as a thief, and you would have lost Sanctuary, and possibly more Kavala.”

Hatot then grabbed his cup of wine again, ignoring his earlier instincts, and tipped the cup back, drinking it’s remaining contents in one go. “I am not fully versed when it comes the politics of the Akalak council, but I feel there is no way to approach them and have her defended from the father in terms of neglect, especially if the council views the Kelvic as nothing more than a pet to the family.” Hatot then continued before dragging the back of his hand across his mouth. “The son’s actions, however, are cruel in nature, relating to the nature of a Cerulean, which is something the council will definitely wish to take into consideration. Not so much for the Kelvic’s sake, but for the fact that the son may present a potential threat to the other women of Riverfall. The Kelvic is likely his first, and he would not likely stop with her.”

Hatot slowly shook his head. “She should not go back to this family, I agree.” Hatot then said, laying his hands along the table once again. “The boys actions demonstrate a much greater tendency towards violence that his darker side exhibits. Having her return would only cause it to reemerge further, and there is a chance she would not live through it.”

Hatot then raised his hand, before Kavala could say a word. “However, she should not stay in Sanctuary either, at least not in hiding, until it’s brought to the council’s attention of the situation.” Hatot explained, looking around the place for a moment. “As I said, if she’s discovered here and the family claims you stole her, there is little that can be done for you in terms of defense, especially if the family in question is well respected in Riverfall. You’ve told me, and I could speak in your defense if it came to that, but someone who’s ill favored due to prior inabilities to find balance, and who’s darker half has caused the death of more than a few that could have otherwise been avoided…….well, my word wouldn’t help you much.”

Hatot then slowly placed his hand down along the surface of the table. “Her best option is the Arena, it’s where many disputes are settled. She claims a dispute of abuse and neglect, and then fights for her freedom, or if she is unable to, possibly hire someone to fight for her.” Hatot said as his then laced his fingers together in front of him. “It may not be a great option for her, but the city guards and the council act on threats to Riverfall in a whole, rather than issues of just one family house. As I said though, I am not as well versed in terms of the political aspect and machinations of the council, and one would have to inquire whether or not someone can fight in the arena in her stead, if she is not skilled to do so herself.”

Hatot then leaned back, his arms folding across his chest as he looked to Kavala in silence once again, awaiting her thoughts and comments. There wasn’t so much a look of disappointment or anger on his face, just one of simple concern. Kavala, after all, had much to lose in sheltering this Kelvic, and he wasn’t even certain if the Kelvic knew this.

Hatot
The Edge Walker

Character sheet
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Kavala on May 5th, 2010, 4:02 pm

She watched him carefully as she spoke. There was an ease to Hatot she hadn't seen before, almost as if he was a bit drunk... though she smiled at herself at the thought. What had he had... two maybe three cups of wine? That wasn't enough to even remotely effect an Akalak like Hatot, was it? They were big men, strong.... it would take at least twice as many, right? Kavala said nothing, only watched as he thought about his response and what he was going to say to her. Drunk, or on the edge of it, he surely knew more than she did.

And like she'd grown to expect, he was very frank.

She appreciated it, but truthfully his response scared her deeply. Kavala was quiet for a long time after he spoke, her expressionless face devoid of animation as she thought things through. "She is a person, though, Hatot. Not a pet. You cannot keep people as pets. It isn't right." Right or wrong, he was suggesting the Akalak did just that. And yet Kavala had felt Flick's pain, her grief, her very real hurt and fear. She was terrified and heart broken all at once, shattered in a way that was almost human. And worse yet, she was still a child. "She's just a child, Hatot. A baby. Regardless of her status, you cannot rape babies." Her words were said softly and her azure eyes were empty when she said it, but had he been a konti sensitive to other people, the full force of her absolute rage would have struck him like a sword - violent and razor sharp from being honed by her own experiences.

"Alright. Then I will go to the Council and talk to them tomorrow if they will see me. I do not want to break any of Riverfalls rules, but I did promise her she didn't have to go back. I can't let her go back. If she goes back, she feels she will be killed. I believe her because she believes it. She's just a child." Kavala said again. Her voice was even, untinted by anything, and wooden as if a doll were speaking. "I appreciate your willingness to speak for me. Thank you Hatot." But she understood that he felt it would mean nothing.

"Hatot, she's a tiny little Fennec Fox. I think she might be the equivalent of maybe ten or thirteen in human years. She's fierce in a chicken house raid, but when it comes to fighting I don't think shes suitable especially not facing an Akalak. I wouldn't be either... though I'd gladly do it if it meant protecting her. But a guaranteed loss is no protection at all." The Konti said, shivering suddenly. She rarely got cold, but it was suddenly like a cold wind blew through her soul. Kavala reached up and ran her hands through her hair, the webbing between her fingers gleaming like translucent crystal as she did so. Hatot could see her arms shake a little. Sanctuary was her home, her place of safety and shelter... and loosing it would be a blow she probably wouldn't recover from. Not now... not in her current state. But if she couldn't help others that needed help, what was the point? Kavala dragged in a lung full of air, her gills flaring slightly as if to assist - and revealing her deep level of distress - before she spoke again.

"You said I could loose Sanctuary, Hatot... or worse. I am already an indentured brood mare to the first male that wants to walk through that gate and lay claim on my body. What... is the or 'worse'?"
She asked abruptly, her eyes wider now, glassier. She reached forward then, as if she couldn't help it, and captured one of his hands in her own. Kavala made no other move, but she seemed to need it - the contact - like a lifeline to hold her steady in the midst of the storm of her distress.
Please Note:
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Hatot on May 6th, 2010, 9:32 am

Hatot shook his head slightly. “I understand your feelings on such, Kavala,” Hatot said as she explained her view about Flick being human, and not a pet, “and I agree with them. A girl should never have to endure what she has. Were it my decision alone, I would set Radris loose on this boy, and let him taste some of the pain he has inflicted.”

“I’m merely stating that the council may have different views.” Hatot then clarified, shaking his head for a second as an unsure expression crossed his face. “I can not say for certain how they would view the situation, except to say that they would investigate the boy to ensure he’s not a threat to others in Riverfall. They’ve had me watched ever since Radris first appeared at my Rite of Trial and severely injured another.”

Hatot reached for the bottle of wine, refilling his glass once again. “In the end, I’ve just studied and trained to be a warrior, and passed that knowledge on to others.” Hatot then continued, holding his cup loosely between his fingers. “I don’t know enough of the council in the end to predict what ending would be most likely.”

Hatot, then took a long drink from his cup, looking into Kavala’s eyes as she inquired as to what ramifications could be considered worse. A slow sigh escaped his lips as he lowered his cup. “It would depend on a couple of factors, all of which I simply am speculating on.” Hatot said as he began rolling his cup between his hands again. “They could lock you away. If the family who Flick lived with calls for some restitution in the matter, you could possibly find yourself at this boys hands with Flick, indentured to him. Worse case scenario would be this act seen as a betrayal of their rescue of you, and your punishment could be banishment.”

Hatot slowly shook his head. “I just don’t know in then end.” Hatot said as he drank from his cup once again. “I haven’t encountered such matters. At best, I’ve helped quell some overly energetic sailors who’ve come to port and partaken in too much ale. They’ve always been restricted to their ships for such, and had the captain pay for any damages.”

Hatot then looked to Kavala, a sort of serious look in his eyes. “It’s your decision in the end, and I say none of this to sway your decision. If you want to confront this family, I’ll be there, ready to swing my hands if they get out of line. If you wish to address the council, and present your case, I’ll stand by your side and vouch for you.” Hatot said, setting his cup, which was now empty again, down along the table. “If Flick decides that she wishes to earn her freedom using the Arena, then I’ll fight in her stead if you want. However, you’ll need to decide a course of action soon. As big as Riverfall is, nothing is ever kept secret for those who stay here for long periods of time. You knowing that the Akalak’s purchase slaves is evidence enough of that fact.”

Hatot then sat strait up, looking around for a moment. “Did a warm breeze just blow in?” Hatot then asked curiously. “And why does it feel like I’ve just spun around a bit?”

Hatot
The Edge Walker

Character sheet
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Kavala on May 7th, 2010, 9:36 am

She listened carefully to everything he said. And as she did so the gravity of it began to weigh heavily on her. The truth was, when she made her offer to Flick, she had been ignorant of what that truly meant. White scaled elbows rested on the table abruptly as she dropped her chin into her cupped palm and simply stared at him. Her expression was empty which meant she felt worried or was in pain, but she didn't let the actual emotions of it cross her face.

She took a deep breath, held it for a long while, then released it slowly. She tossed her head, much like a horse would, as if trying to rid her mind of a stray thought she could not fathom, and silken strands of almost translucent white hair escaped to tumble about her face. Kavala always looked so severe when her hair was bound up and captured at the crown of her head. The boys trousers and sleeveless tunics made the effect worse. But when hair escaped from the pony tail as she tossed her head, it tumbled down on either side of her face, softening her features. It was only then that she looked scared, dropping her guard in front of him.

But what she did appreciate is that he didn't even attempt to tell her what to do. Instead, she noted, he gave her several options and possible outcomes which gave her a broader base to make any decision on. There was no showmanship with Hatot... no 'I'll save you'... it was just deep seeded faith that she'd make her own decision. And as was his fashion, in his own way Hatot armed her carefully. Only there was no weapons placed in her hands. Instead, he filled her mind with knowledge, which in and of itself had the potential to be more lethal.

Kavala rose then, giving herself a mental shake and circled around the outside of the table so she stood behind Hatot. At his inquiry about it getting too warm and feeling dizzy... she knew what was wrong. The Konti gently nudged the mug of wine away and placed her hands on his shoulders. She ran them up, into his hair, and stroked his scalp slightly before bending to kiss the top of his head. He reminded her of a more reserved, more focused version of her brother. And in that instant she missed Vanator tremendously. She missed the deep strength of her brother, though with Hatot around offering his own quiet version, she had to say she didn't mind at all. Pale scaled hands with irredescent webbing between her fingers slipped down to grip his shoulders before they moved down the front of his chest and encircled him from behind.

It took Hatot a moment to realize what it was: a hug.

Briefly and uninhibited, Kavala encircled his torso with her own being and held him up against her softness and the firm fierce beating of her heart. And as she did so, she leaned closer so her head was laying alongside his, and spoke quietly. "I do not deserve such a friend as you are, Hatot. I know what I will do though. Tomorrow, I'll go see if I can get a private audience with the Council and come clean bout all of it. I'll bring Flick with me too. It's not going to be an easy... but I'd be honored if you'd stand with me." She didn't outright admit it was going to be one of the most terrifying things she'd ever done or that Flick was going to be just as terrified too. Both women would need him....badly. And they both knew it though it wasn't spoken aloud.

"Turn around, Hatot..." Kavala said softly, releasing his shoulders and stepping back just a little. ".... please." There was a mood to her, a tension, a hesitation that was tinged with the joy of being perched on the edge of discovery.
Please Note:
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Hatot on May 9th, 2010, 2:45 am

Hatot’s gaze followed Kavala’s hand as it slowly pushed the mug away and out of his reach. His eyes then slowly began to follow Kavala’s form as she circled the table. An almost sense of confusion set in as he felt her fingers slowly run along the surface of his skin until they brushed back strands of his hair along his head. He felt himself taking short breaths then as he felt Kavala’s lips press against the center of his brow. His head slowly turned then, observing Kavala from the corner of his eye when she circled around him. His back straitened slightly, when he felt her arms slinking along his shoulder, eventually making their way around and gripping the front of his chest. A slow breath released as he relaxed his form again, his back curving from the straitened form when he felt her leaning along his back, embracing him fully in her hug.

He listened intently to what she said, as she felt her head lay against his shoulder. He remained silent for a moment as his head dipped forward, his eyes gazing over the surface of the table as she revealed her plans. He wasn’t really surprised in the long run, though he still worried about the results. “I think you’re more deserving than you think, of many things.” Hatot then replied, turning his head slightly so she could hear him more clearly. “Even if my being there helps only slightly, I will be there Kavala.”

Hatot’s head then leaned back slightly as he felt her pull away, standing up behind him. He remained still for a moment after hearing her request before slowly swinging his legs out from under the table. His tall form eventually brought him standing in front of him, his eyes slowly gazing down at her form. He wished so often, that he was better able to read the expressions on people. Most often, it would be an indicator that they were about to show aggression. This time, however, it was for entirely different purposes.

Hatot
The Edge Walker

Character sheet
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Kavala on May 9th, 2010, 5:48 pm

"Thank you..." She said softly, her words drifting up to him like an exhalation of breath alone. The konti was small before him, delicate and childlike, which made him feel tremendously bigger and stronger in contrast. Kavala barely reached his chin, there being a foot more more difference in their height. But she didn't care because he didn't make her feel afraid. Not, at least, this side of him. And as a result, her expression wasn't blank - not like it usually was when she was in full self-preservation mode. Her fear or pain would normally drive all sensation from her face, emptying out her eyes and leaving only a cold shell so that no one could take pleasure from the sensations they were causing her. It was an old habit, one learned quickly, and not as easily cast aside.

But this was different. There was a warmth and light in her gaze. Her eyes were full of something else - curiosity mixed with wonder and a deep seated caring. But it wasn't a mother's gaze, it was one rife with potential and full of feelings that Hatot himself rarely allowed himself to indulge in. They were feelings that didn't lend themselves to good measures of self control.

"Don't... move." She said softly in an appeal that was both strange and fascinating. Her eyes cast upwards and meet his, even as she stepped closer and touched him mid-chest. She hid nothing from him as she stepped closer and then stretched upwards. Her hands followed, gently cupping his face as they delicately traced his features. A pale thumb combed over his neatly trimmed facial hair and then his lips themselves. "If you move, you might scare me..." She added, her voice trembling slightly as she finished her thought. It was a hard one to voice, but something he needed to be told anyhow. "... and talk me out of this even inadvertently... which I don't want to be." She added, stepping even closer. The Konti was flexible, though she needed her arms around his neck to assist her slightly in reaching. And as soon as she did that, her intentions were clear.

A kiss. She was going to kiss him.

Her body pressed to his and stretched upwards. He could feel her trembled as she did so, but he wouldn't be able to tell if it was from the contact or from her own memories. He felt every inch of her body, normally neatly concealed by her tunics and trousers. Her body was strong, well-muscled, and soft in interesting places. Everything about Kavala was delicate almost to the point of being childlike. But pressed against him he could tell she was no child. And while she gave him plenty of opportunity to withdraw or deny her, he could tell she was firm on what she really wanted.

Azure eyes met his own gaze and he could read her depths like words etched in a page. Her own voice just simply clarified what he saw in her eyes as she spoke quietly, her fingers still exploring his face even as her lips moved ot join them.

"I would never forgive myself if I didn't indulge in this one selfishness, Hatot. Though I'm not a selfish person. I... can't let you ride off to your rite not knowing whats going to happen without doing this one thing. And its not even your Rite, for I know you'll do well on it. I know that like other more normal Konti know things which are true. It's just that life is too short, too absolutely precious, to not take advantage of its little pleasures. If I'm going to go to the council tomorrow I don't know where the end of the road for that is. And I'd always wondered and even wanted to know what it would be like to kiss you. I've never kissed anyone, ever, Hatot. Even in captivity, never... " She said softly, then arched her back and brought her head up to where she could gently tug his own downward to meet her.

As a slave, kissing wasn't something they did to her. Kissing was to Kavala far more intimate of an act than simply violating another human. It was a sharing and an exchange of sorts, one that could even act as a bonding between two living things.

Kavala wasn't fast about it. Unless he pulled away, she would pause with her lips hovering over his, hands wrapped around his neck gently holding his head slightly downward where she could reach. Her breath met his, exchanged, and he could scent the fruit she'd last been nibbling on. He could also smell a subtle tang that was uniquely Kavala - a slight hint of spice and ocean air mingled with herbs and warmth that most would have no name for. Sunlight played off her scales which ran in random patterns across her brow and lightly down the line of her jaw. The Konti looked like an artists whimsy, scales and skin mingling in exotic patterns that made very little sense to someone who wasn't konti. But their iridescent patterning begged to be traced by light touches.

Kavala pressed her lips into his, gently at first laying butterfly light caresses across the curve of his full lower lip. She was tasting him as she fitted her body perfectly into his - despite the size difference. She broke away, took a deep breath, and opened her mouth. Pale teeth seized his lower lip, gently capturing it and tugging on it before she released it altogether and kissed him. It was a deep fully committed kiss that covered his lips in all the emotion she felt for him. Trust, friendship, a relating to his world, and a rising passion. There could be no mistaking it for fear or pain. She was pressed against him with her full length and he could feel her rapid heartbeat and the way she drew in her breath and pressed herself closer. He knew the other two emotions intimately, the ones unwanted here, because they were part of battle - and he could tell they were missing.

She pulled away slightly, a bit emboldened by the wine, and laughed. It was a wild sound almost out of place coming from Kavala as she met his gaze. Her eyes had joy in them, a thrill of something new discovered, and a wonder that was almost childlike though they did nothing at all suitable for children.

"Kissing you is even... better than i suspected. Amazing... Hatot... Can you feel it?" She said, then leaned back in and resumed what she was doing. Sharing his breath, his scent, and touching his lips sent waves of pleasure down through her body, awakening it in ways she'd never experienced. It was good, incredibly good, feeling like this. The pleasure brought heat and a spiraling sensation that awakened things in her she didn't understand but appreciated all the same.

Delicate hands released his neck and encircled him once more, splaying up his back, down his spine, and then gently cupping his pelvis to her own. She held it there, meshing hers with his instinctively as she continued to kiss him. Kavala wasn't the type to nibble and leave. Once she decided something and committed to it, she followed through with it whole heartedly. This was no light kiss designed to be chaste and innocent. It was the kiss of someone who'd known men and wanted to know them in different better way. And she knew she was taking advantage of him... of his lower inhibitions due to the wine. But unless he froze or pulled away, she'd keep taking advantage. Hating herself just a little for it, Kavala felt her body respond to his, and pushed just a little bit more, partially wrapping herself around him. It was wanton and shameless but in that moment she didn't truly care. Part of her, a big part of her, wanted to feel the weight of his body covering her... but she had no idea how to tell him that.

So instead, she simply kissed him... making up for a long life without them all at once.
Please Note:
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext