The Djed Storm [Cairo]

Two newcombers find shelter in the storm.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

The Djed Storm [Cairo]

Postby Genesis on March 4th, 2012, 2:43 am

"My mother died. And I just had one of my feelings. I had to leave, but I don't know why," she admitted. His own willingness to share his life with her making her trust him. A little.

She gave him another smile, so he wouldn't pity her. She had an odd mannerism, it was like nothing could bother her but that obviously wasn't true. A gust of wind blew in from the window spraying her again. She jumped back and began to wring the hem of her dress out. She was tired of the dripping. Just barely, she could make out tattoos on Cairo's back.
Genesis
Waiting for hope to come along

Words: 32282
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Djed Storm [Cairo]

Postby Cairo Silvertongue on March 4th, 2012, 2:56 am

”I’m sorry for your lose. I know how painful it is to lose someone you love.” He murmured, kneeling awkwardly to pull his spare cape out of bag.
It was leather and should help to repel the rain. Straightening back up with a small wince he limped over to her, wrapping it around her shoulders. He carefully avoided touching her skin.
”What are we going to do about the window?” He asked, turning away from her to look at the offending wooden frame.
Cairo Silvertongue
Player

Words: 9558
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2012, 5:48 am
Race: Human, Mixed

The Djed Storm [Cairo]

Postby Genesis on March 4th, 2012, 3:18 am

Genesis stared surprised at him. It was.... Nice? She wasnt use to favors, typically only friends did such things, and she never had any. She clutched it to her form, considerably warmer. "No idea, we could take the sheets off the furniture, hold it over the window and flip the bed up and put it against the window?" Her face was serious and calculuting as she examined her covered furniture.

She looked over at him, looking for an opinion and found herself locking eyes with him. She knew she shouldn't think what she was, so she forced herself to look away, frowning.
Genesis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Djed Storm [Cairo]

Postby Cairo Silvertongue on March 4th, 2012, 3:29 am

He nodded, ”Sounds good.”
Walking over to the clutter in the corner he pulled the first sheet away, revealing a round wooden table. Pulling away two more he turned back to Genesis, holding them out.
”You handle the sheets and ill handle the bed?” He offered, grinning.
Cairo Silvertongue
Player

The Djed Storm [Cairo]

Postby Genesis on March 4th, 2012, 3:38 am

She laughed, he was enjoying this? She reached out, pulling the sheet from him and the other from off the rest of the furniture. She walked over to the window and held the sheets up, she had to be on her tip toes to reach. She watched him lug the bedframe over and moved at the right moment for it to block the window.
Genesis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Djed Storm [Cairo]

Postby Cairo Silvertongue on March 4th, 2012, 3:49 am

He stepped back, wiping the dust from his hands.
With the window blocked and the cold wind no longer billowing in, the room was already much warmer.
”Much better.” He murmured, eyeing their handiwork before turning to smile widely at Genesis. He was in a much better mood.
”You and I make a good team!”
Cairo Silvertongue
Player

The Djed Storm [Cairo]

Postby Genesis on March 4th, 2012, 4:20 am

"I suppose we do," Genesis mused, running her fingers through her long hair. Now that the window was blocked, it was darker. She jumped as they heard a large crash a few blocks away. Her eyes were wide as she looked over at Cairo. "Again, your welcome for letting you in. Though I suppose I should be thanking you because I never would have been able to block the window off."

She slid down the wall and stretched her legs out. "Why are you limping?"
Genesis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Djed Storm [Cairo]

Postby Cairo Silvertongue on March 4th, 2012, 4:26 am

He grimaced slightly, followed suit and sat against the wall opposite her, rubbing his hands across his knee in the hopes it would relieve some pain..

”Just an old injury, it plays up every now and then, especially in the cold.” he sighed.
Cairo Silvertongue
Player

The Djed Storm [Cairo]

Postby Genesis on March 4th, 2012, 4:45 am

"Well then I suppose Ravok is a good place for you, apparently it's usually very warm and no one has any idea why he has let the weather get this bad. Or at least thats what I got from walking here," Genesis sighed, her head tipping back. She sighed, lips parting.

She was really tired of having to deal with people. Making everything "official" for living here took a lot of people pleasing. This Cairo person was actually... Relaxing for her. She was at ease with him but she knew it wasn't her natural tendency, it must be that feeling that seduced her into inviting him into her house in the first place.
Genesis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Djed Storm [Cairo]

Postby Cairo Silvertongue on March 4th, 2012, 4:58 am

He stared. He tried not too, he really did. But he just couldn’t help himself.
She was beautiful. He barely knew this woman yet he could barely take his eyes off her. There was a simple grace in the way she moved, the way she spoke. Usually, women could take his attention easily, a batting of eyelashes, a cute pout and he was gone.
It was different with Genesis though, there was no batting of lashes, no pouted lips or honeyed words. Just a young woman with an interesting past and guarded eyes.
She looked tired though, and he couldn’t think of anything to say, so he just sat back.
Cairo Silvertongue
Player

PreviousNext