The Djed Storm [Cairo]

Two newcombers find shelter in the storm.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

The Djed Storm [Cairo]

Postby Genesis on March 2nd, 2012, 2:37 pm

Spring 1 AV 212

Genesis had been in Ravok not even two days. She scurried down the crowded streets to reach shelter. Everyone was complaining about Rhysol's apparent bad mood. She thought it was ridiculious! Were these people really this dependent on their cruel god's protection? Yes, it was cold, freezing actually. All Genesis wanted wanted was to be indoors. her hands clutched at the opening of her cloak, keeping it closed over her lowcut green dress.

She had but an empty apartment a few blocks from the city center. She had been told a worker would be by to fix whatever was wrong with it next week, but for now it wqould have to do. She still had to locate it. Her fingers were getting numb. She had curves, yes. But she was still small without much excess body fat to block out the frigid temperatures. Atleast her dark wavy hair was down, it cascaded down her back and covered her neck. In the right lighting, her hair looked like it had green and blue highlights, she was born that way.

Genesis cursed as she began to feel rain. Within minutes, it was downpour amd she was thoroughly soaked. She should be close, but everyone had been headed towards the city center and she found herself alone. Her hair stuck to her face and her feet splashed in the puddles with every step. Through the rain she could make out a man at the end of the street. He was knew too, she just knew it. She wanted to help him which was very out of character for her.

To her right, she chanced upon the right building amd slid her key into the lock, pushing the door open. She looked back at the man. He was strong and tall looking, easily capable of overpowering her. She assumed she would regret the decision when she decided to succumb to her odd desire. With her luck he would rob her or force himself upon her.

."Excuse me!" She yelled ."You look lost. Do you want out of the storm?"

She gestured into the building while she waited for a response. The freezing rain was nearly unbearable, and she could hear the oceans waves breaking wildly.
Genesis
Waiting for hope to come along

Words: 32282
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Djed Storm [Cairo]

Postby Cairo Silvertongue on March 3rd, 2012, 12:48 am

Cairo looked up, surprised.
He had assumed he was alone in the empty street, the rain beating down on him. His knee was giving him a bit of trouble, the cold combined with the rain making it stiff and painful.
The woman who had called out to him was standing in the door way of a nearby building, peering at him through the rain. She was too far away and the rain was too thick to see any specifics, but he could see that she was quiet short, yet curvy, with a dark cloak pulled around her shoulders.
He hesitated a moment. Was the woman insane? He mused to himself. Inviting a perfect stranger into her home!
But the rain was heavy and cold and he had nowhere else to go, so he approached her, limping slightly and shoulders hunched against the ferocious winds.
Now that he was closer he could make out more of her features, her dark hair, plastered across her face, her porcelain skin practically glowing in the dark, and eyes, dark and green.
“Yeah, that would be great,” He replied, looking down at her. She was younger that he had first assumed, younger than himself for certain. “Thanks…”
Cairo Silvertongue
Player

Words: 9558
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2012, 5:48 am
Race: Human, Mixed

The Djed Storm [Cairo]

Postby Genesis on March 3rd, 2012, 3:10 pm

What a pleasant surprise, she thought. At least he was handsome. Genesis looked at his shaggy brown hair and honey-gold eyes, down his large body and at the rain splattering ground. Whatever this man did, it required a lot of brute work. He was heavily muscled.

"Alright, let's go," Genesis moved, stealing into the doorway. It was an older building, made entirely out of stone. The walls were plastered but pieces were missing here and there. It was dark, not a light in sight. The storm was darkening the sky leaving but flashes of lightning. "I'm on the third floor."

With hesitation, she climbed the unstable looking staircase. Luckily, it was stone too and ti would take a lot to knock that thing over. Genesis heard the door shut and footsteps heavier than her own follow her up the stairs. Her fingers trailed a path up the wall as she went.

On the third floor, once the stairs had stopped, Genesis found herself face to face with her apartment door. It was solid, but very large. She fumbled around in her deep pockets and pulled out another key. Luckily, it fit easily into the lock and allowed them to enter.

"Well damn," Genesis muttered quietly. All the furniture was huddled into the corner under large sheets, and one of the windows were missing. "Someone is supposed to fix that this week. I just have bad timing," she explained. On the other hand, she would not have wanted to be out in this storm anytime during the two years she was traveling.

"Where are you from?" Genesis asked, fully expecting an answer. That was how she was, never thought there was any information that wasn't for her ears. Maybe because if she reached out and touched his tanned skin, she could find out all she ever needed to know. Although in this situation, she deserved to know. She had let the strange man into her home. If you could call it that.
Genesis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Djed Storm [Cairo]

Postby Cairo Silvertongue on March 3rd, 2012, 10:49 pm

He looked around the near empty room. It was warmer in here, if only just slightly.
“I traveled here from Syliras.” He answered her question simply. He really didn’t see any point in keeping such simple information a secret, and besides, this pretty young woman gave him the impression that she would find out whether he told her or not.
In any case she had the right to know, welcoming him into her home as she had.
He allowed his bag to slide from his shoulder and fall onto the floor. Leaning against the wall closest to the door he stretched his left leg out in front of him, rubbing his knee through the soaked material of his pants. The rain had tightened the injured muscles, making it stiff and painful to move.
Straightening back up I stretched my hand out to her.
“Sorry, I forgot my manners for a moment there; I’m Cairo Silvertongue, thank you for allowing me into your home.”
Cairo Silvertongue
Player

The Djed Storm [Cairo]

Postby Genesis on March 4th, 2012, 12:13 am

Genesis stared at him hand. She imagined all the grief his eyes had seen and turned away. Her eyes stared out the window at the raging storm. She didn't want him pain. Today she couldnt even touch the man she bought her lunch from without knowing an in depth story of his life. She needed to be able to stand being in the same room with.

"Nice to meet you Cairo." Her voice was smooth and flat, polite. "If you want any privacy I would advise keeping your hands to yourself. Call me Genesis, please."
Genesis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Djed Storm [Cairo]

Postby Cairo Silvertongue on March 4th, 2012, 1:29 am

Cairo tilted his head to the side, considering her. Genesis…
The way she had looked at him when he stretched his hand out to her had been odd.
”What do you mean by that? he asked, pulling his coat of without looking away from her.
The thick material was incredibly heavy when wet. Finally rid of the burdensome weight he dropped it next to his bag, readjusting the white shirt he wore underneath, which was equally soaked. Next he unbuckled his sword, leaning it against the wall.
Cairo Silvertongue
Player

The Djed Storm [Cairo]

Postby Genesis on March 4th, 2012, 1:45 am

She sighed, he must be one of those sharing types. Great. "I have divination. I can't always control it so if you touch me, even if I don't want to see, I could see every fight you've ever been in. Every woman you've had. Every mistake you've ever made. No offense, but unless your paying me to read your fortune, I'm not interested."

That was rude, she knew it. But he had to understand. It wasn't fair to take something like that from him. She was in a bad mood. It wasn't his fault that she was soaking wet.

"I'm sorry. I'm trying to respect your privacy." she gave him a smile, a genuine one. At least he was handsome. She pulled her own cloak off, trying not to notice his muscled body. Her own dress clung to her figure.
Genesis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Djed Storm [Cairo]

Postby Cairo Silvertongue on March 4th, 2012, 1:59 am

Cairo swallowed as she removed her cloak, revealing her deep green dress. The fabric was soaked and clung to her body in all the right places. He looked away, thinking over what she had said.
Finally, He made up my mind.
“You can see if you want, I really don’t mind. I was taught as a child not to keep things from people. At least this way you’ll know what kind of man you’re alone with. Then you can decide if you really want to have me in your home or if you want to throw me out on the street.” He managed to shut himself up and mentally punched himself in the face. That was probably going to freak her out. Maybe she was saying it becasue she didnt want to see, not to protect my privacy! But she really did deserve to know what he was capable of.
It was official, he was insane.
Cairo Silvertongue
Player

The Djed Storm [Cairo]

Postby Genesis on March 4th, 2012, 2:25 am

"I don't need to see." Genesis mumbled. It was bad enough all those years when she had been forced to sleeping with strange men just to keep her mother alive. Those type of pasts were not something a girl like her was mentally prepared to see. But sometimes what was worse was having to see someones life be wholesome and happy and forcing her to realize how awful of a person she was.

"I'm from the city of illusions. I've been traveling for two years and I just got here yesterday."
Genesis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Djed Storm [Cairo]

Postby Cairo Silvertongue on March 4th, 2012, 2:34 am

She changed the subject. He sighed.

”Alvadas? Were you born there? Why did you leave?” the questions tumbled out of his mouth before he could stop them.

He smiled at her sheepishly.

”Sorry, you don’t have to answer if you don’t want too…”
Cairo Silvertongue
Player

Next