The Djed Storm [Cairo]

Two newcombers find shelter in the storm.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

The Djed Storm [Cairo]

Postby Genesis on March 4th, 2012, 5:16 am

Genesis enjoyed the silence, two years of wandering alone made you value your peace and quiet. She had forgotten how loud cities were. She opened her eyes and crossed her legs. She would need to buy some more clothes. She had only one other dress.

"Oh no!" she gasped, grabbing the bag that had been inside her cloak. She pulled out a fitted brown dress, thankfully it was dry. "Would you mind...?"
Genesis
Waiting for hope to come along

Words: 32282
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Djed Storm [Cairo]

Postby Cairo Silvertongue on March 4th, 2012, 5:27 am

”Oh, uh sure. Actually I should probably get out of these too.” He gestured to his soaked clothes and leaned over to his own bag, pulling out a pair of brown trousers and a deep red linen shirt.
”Do you want me to go outside? He asked, standing up.
Cairo Silvertongue
Player

Words: 9558
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2012, 5:48 am
Race: Human, Mixed

The Djed Storm [Cairo]

Postby Genesis on March 4th, 2012, 5:38 am

"No, we can just turn around, I don't want to let that cold air in. Plus there's not lights out there," she mused, shivering at the idea of opening that door. With out a second thought she walked to the other side of the room, took a look at Cairo to make sure he wasn't looking and pulled the soaking wet dress over her head. It was freezing and she hurried to grab the brown dress and slip it on. She hadn't heard Cairo move so she waited for the okay.
Genesis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Djed Storm [Cairo]

Postby Cairo Silvertongue on March 4th, 2012, 5:52 am

Cairo turned around quickly, staring at the wall. Urging himself to calm down he removed his boots, and pulled his shirt over his head. The last to go was his pants which he replaced quickly, and pulled his dry shirt on. He turned around, eyes fixing on Genesis, now in a brown dress.
”I’m done.
Cairo Silvertongue
Player

The Djed Storm [Cairo]

Postby Genesis on March 4th, 2012, 6:04 am

"Maybe now we won't get sick," she mumbled sarcastically as she pulled his waterproof cloak back on. He cleaned up well when he wasn't soaked.

She didnt know whether or not to go sit down or what. She stood there thinking about how odd an occurrence this was. More than anything, she was glad he wasn't the creep he might have been. With her luck and all...
Genesis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Djed Storm [Cairo]

Postby Cairo Silvertongue on March 4th, 2012, 6:12 am

He went ahead and sat down; stretching his legs out in front of him and looked up at her. Her hair was still wet, though no longer dripping and she was standing there awkwardly, his cloak round her slim shoulders.
”So. Not much to do now…”
Cairo Silvertongue
Player

The Djed Storm [Cairo]

Postby Genesis on March 4th, 2012, 6:24 am

"How about I tell you a story," she offered, sitting down across from him. Her eyes were bright and entertained by her own thoughts."Once, there was a young woman who lived in the city of illusions. More than anything she wanted to fall In love and get away from her family. They were so cruel, the things they would do to her, believe me. One day, while she was buying bread, a man came In and completely knocked her over, accidentally of course. They ended up running away together that spring, while the posies were blooming. I won't tell you the end, but just pretend they lived happily ever after!"

She laughed, her face bright. She couldn't remember the last time she smiled this much.
Genesis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Djed Storm [Cairo]

Postby Cairo Silvertongue on March 4th, 2012, 6:38 am

”if only there were such a thing as happy endings.” He murmured, enjoying her smile.
He leant forward, resting his elbows on his knees.
“Was that a true story?” he asked, pulling at a loose thread in his sleeve.
Cairo Silvertongue
Player

The Djed Storm [Cairo]

Postby Genesis on March 4th, 2012, 6:47 am

"Of course, it's about this 90 year old woman whose fortune I read. She had such sweet memories from that spring." She looked at the wall, thinking to herself about that past. She treasured the happy ones.

With a crack, the room lit up and the building was shaking. Genesis jumped up, gripping onto the wall. They kept their balance, the sound of water from below the window crashing into the building. Again the building shook. "This stone better be set well," Genesis yelped, still managing to stay upright. "The canals are flooding."

Genesis looked to Cairo, her wide eyes worried. What was going on with this storm?
Genesis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Djed Storm [Cairo]

Postby Cairo Silvertongue on March 4th, 2012, 7:00 am

He stiffened, straightening up in his sitting position.
“I’m so glad that I met you, I wonder what would’ve happened to me if I had to sleep on the street!.” He looked up to where Genesis was pressed against the wall and allowed a tiny smile to break through his serious demeanor. ”Maybe you should sit down before you fall down.” He said loudly as the building trembled for a third time. He reached his hand out to her as the building shook again.
Cairo Silvertongue
Player

PreviousNext