The Nuit and the Falcon (Anselm & Tasler)

In which a Nuit and a Kelvic wait out the Djed storm together

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Anselm on April 27th, 2012, 3:33 am

Anselm watched Tasler try the drag the huge wolf carcass, apparently intent to dragging it back to the city. While the distance was not great, the weight was. The wolf must have weighed at least three hundred pounds.

“My dear boy,” he finally said. “You can't drag it back to the city. You have to butcher it right here. Either that or we have to abandon it. Here, let me show you.”

He took out his own dagger, stabbed it into the wolf's belly and cut a long tear extending from the bottom of the rib cage to the anus. He then pulled the skin away, exposing the internal organs.

“Scoop the internal organs out and throw them away. Then cut slabs of meat from the sides. If you can, cut through the skin on the wolf's back and run a cut from the neck to the tail. Then carefully pull the skin off as far as you can and cut it loose. You should be able to get two reasonably sized pieces of wolf pelt out of it. The won't be pretty, but somebody in town will pay gold for them. That will also expose more meat. We can get a pretty good price for the meat.”

He went back to his tree and sat down again.
Anselm
Being dead ain't so bad

Words: 203207
Joined roleplay: February 9th, 2012, 3:56 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Cascade on May 23rd, 2012, 2:39 pm

Adventurer's Loot

Anselm's Loot :
Anselm

Skill XP Reward
Auristics +1
Reimancy +2
Hypnotism +1
Projection +1
Interrogation +1
Observation +1

Lore:
Tasler: Falcon Kelvic
Fighting Wolves

Items or Consequences:
-9sm (for cotton pants, cotton shirt, leather shoes, which are given to Tasler)
-1gm (for Waterskin)
+ Waterskin

Notes:
Good, but being more descriptive when using skills will garner you more points. For example, you were able to tell Tasler was a kelvic using Auristics... but how, exactly? To be honest, I'm not sure if a Novice in Auristics would be able to come to that conclusion very easily. Same goes for hypnotism, for Anselm was able to hypnotize the wolf very quickly, which is unlikely. I may be wrong though and maybe more time and process was spent on it, and that's why being more descriptive about it would help a lot.

I know you bought food as well but the measurements you used didn't coincide with the price list, which makes it difficult for me to compute. :p If you want the food to be added to Anselm's inventory, please PM me with the appropriate measurements and we'll work it out. I doubt Zeltiva's markets would be open the day after the storm though.

P.S. I like Anselm a lot, and his thoughts and observations never cease to amaze me.
Tasler's Loot :
Tasler

Skill XP Reward
Observation +1
Weapon, Assassin's dagger +2

Lore:
Anselm's House
Fighting Wolves

Items or Consequences:
+ Cotton pants, cotton shirt, leather shoes

Notes:
Same with Anselm, I want you to know that being more descriptive will garner you more points. Making your posts longer will help you a lot. Also, you have new clothes courtesy of Anselm, yey!
Good thread, guys. Very spontaenous. It's too bad you two weren't able to finish it, but it was an enjoyable read nonetheless. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me!
Cascade
The Demi-Goddess

Words: 182001
Joined roleplay: April 1st, 2012, 3:07 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous