Her hero amongst thieves. (Luke)

[flashback] Luke and Illia stop into Sunberth. He is in search of his brothers, but with Illia's safety distracting him, will he have any luck?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Illia on March 5th, 2012, 11:37 am

Time Stamp: 85th of Winter, 511AV

The day of their arrival was a quiet one. Illia had grown to dislike quiet days; finding that they made her focus on what she was and where she had come from. Whenever they came, she wished Luke would keep filling her mind with stories of his past adventures and about the world she was, once again, a part of. Since meeting him on that fateful day of falling from her god's graces, she had been following him. And having no reason to do otherwise yet, she would continue to. In such a short time he had grown to be the most important person in her life. These were thoughts that played through her mind as they approached a large city.

The first place Illia had visited was full of agreeable people. At the very least, they minded their own business. Some were even kind to her, even though they had only just met her. But unlike that place, before even entering the city, she could tell Sunberth was different. People slept in the dirt, and others fought out in the open. Scantly clad women lurked around every corner, waiting to dig their claws into the coin purse of any man susceptible to their charms. Whoring themselves out in the name of survival. Children played in the refuse that gathered in the alleys where starved animals went to die. While it was true that Illia knew little of man, woman, or child, she felt that this place was simply wrong. Why would Luke take her to a place like this? She still knew so little about her savior.

Walking through the gates of Sunberth, her senses were assaulted by unexpected sights, sounds, and smells. It was much to take in so suddenly, and wore her out more then she already was. The long trip had taken its tole on her new body. It ached and pleaded for the relief of rest and food.

For the first time she was relieved that she was in her earth bound form. Free of her celestial form, she was able to walk without drawing attention or the gawking of onlookers. It was true she felt more disconnected from Leth in this form, but after experiencing what an uproar her celestial form could cause amongst mortals, it just seemed safer.

As the two of them made their way through the cesspool of Sunberth, they searched for lodging to recover from their journey. Illia thought that any place that provided some privacy would be perfect. As long as she could get away from the locals. But it seemed there would be a few road blocks in the way of that. Passing by a dark alley way, an old haggard looking wretch limped out from the shadows. She couldn't tell if the person was male or female. With a hunched over back, unkempt and dirty hair, a face covered in deep wrinkles, and a hand that was more of a claw, the ugly thing approached Illia. It moaned, holding out a cup with a few miza in the bottom. It was a frightful thing to behold, she couldn't help but divert her eyes from the creature. Finding the situation uncomfortable, she hurried to keep pace with Luke, finding a place to hide right behind him. She practically stuck to his back, so much so that she had to keep time with his steps, lest she cause him to trip and fall.

Just when she thought she was safe though, a group of three men stepped out in front of them. Each of them wore devious grins as they looked past Luke to Illia who stood directly behind him. The one in the middle, presumably their leader, nodded in her direction.
"How much for the girl?"

Last edited by Illia on March 31st, 2012, 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Attention, attention. I won't be joining any other threads until after a few of the ones I'm currently in, come to an end. If I take on any more, my posts will most likely be delayed by weeks. :/ Once things clear up a bit, I'll be more then happy to start up some new threads. :3 (0 of 15 threads cleared)
Illia
Player

Words: 17587
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2012, 9:57 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Luke Lammergeier on March 15th, 2012, 12:32 am

If Luke summed up his feelings about Sunberth into one word. it would be worried. When he was Kain's right hand man. They avoided Sunberth at all costs. Only sending choice individuals into town to trade and barter their stolen goods. Something about the combination of Anarchy and Criminal Cartels. Didn't sit well with Kain. So entering the city with only Illia at his side. Sent Luke's paranoia on fire. Worse yet, she was an Ethaefal at night and a Konti during day. Slavers scrambled for Konti and Ethaefal slaves. He could only imagine what price the combination would go for.

As her sole protector. Luke kept a close eye on her as they walked through the city streets. Glad she knew to stay as his back. He had armed her with a dirk at Evantide Tower and taught her how to use it as they traveled. But he wasn't sure how she would react in a real fight.

Three men stepped out of the shadows. Nothing more than thugs by the looks of them. His hand went to the hilt of his sword instinctively. But he heard them out before reacting. Glancing behind him to make sure this wasn't a distraction for a larger trap. "The girl?" He let the words hang in the air before grabbing Illia and pulling her roughly to his side. "You think you afford a Konti?" Luke said laughing. He was bigger than all three but he was no fool. The one in the middle had a longsword and the other two had daggers at the very least. The odds were not in his favor.

"Come around the slave markets and we will see how much gold you have. Or," He said, drawing his blade. "You can pay a little extra to get a personal auction. Three ball sacks and I'll let you bid on her right now." He still had a grip on the Konti's arm. Firm but gentle. Hopefully telling her this was a trick. And not to be frightened.
Character is being put on hold

All emails should be directed towards ETHAN
Luke Lammergeier
All i smell is Drykas and horse dung

Words: 115174
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2010, 7:50 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Illia on March 19th, 2012, 2:20 am

Quickly Illia's situation was changing from a bothersome one, to a dangerous one. Did these thugs really mean to buy her from Luke? Would he even allow such a thing? Surely he would keep her safe from them. He was her savior after all... But when the thugs offer was not refused, and silence hung in the air between them, tensions started to rise. The growing suspense increased the rate of her heart. Holding her breath, she waited for somebody to break the silence. And as if Luke were able to sense how nervous she was, he took hold of her arm. It helped to calm her for a moment. But the words that followed sent her worrying again. Almost to the point of panicking. He was offering the opportunity to bid on her??

Survival instincts were beginning to take over as she, gentle at first, tried to pull away from Luke. Quickly turning into hard tugs as she loosed her arm from his grip, losing her balance and almost falling to the ground. How could he do this to her? He had been so nice until now.. Could this have been the reason he brought her all the way to Sunberth? To sell her off to some power hungry thugs?? With these thoughts running through her mind, she made a hurried dash into the crowds that filled the Sunberth streets. Behind her she could hear the thugs snickering and trying to provoke Luke.
"What? You couldn't keep your little slave in line? We'll get her, then show you how a real man handles a disobedient wench!" With that, they trailed off in the same direction that Illia had taken. Bulldozing a path through the crowd.

In her attempted escape, she bumped in to many people. Accidentally knocking over a few unsuspecting travelers or market goers. But unable to spare any time for apologies, she did little more then glance back over her shoulder to see if the person she assaulted was alright. And just in time to see the three thugs from earlier forcing their way through the crowd further down the road. She couldn't keep this running up for much longer though! She needed a place to hide and catch her breath. That's when a dark alley caught her attention. Ducking down into it, she found it was a dead end. But she didn't have time to turn around now. She would have to make due. Walking as quickly, and quietly as she could, she didn't stop until she was up against the dead end. Pressing into the wall, she let herself sink down and sit on the ground. The stench of rotting trash filled her nostrils. It was revolting. Surely she would need to bathe after this...
Attention, attention. I won't be joining any other threads until after a few of the ones I'm currently in, come to an end. If I take on any more, my posts will most likely be delayed by weeks. :/ Once things clear up a bit, I'll be more then happy to start up some new threads. :3 (0 of 15 threads cleared)
Illia
Player

Character sheet

Postby Luke Lammergeier on March 21st, 2012, 12:29 pm

All hell broke loose in a matter of seconds. Illia, not picking up on the signals, turned and fled. Rendering Luke's threats harmless. The three men sprinted after her. Charging headfirst in Luke's direction. There was no time to hesitate and thugs only understood one thing. He lunged forward grabbing the closest man by the Tunic and stabbed him in the stomach. He struggled for a minute, trying to pull the blade out or reach for his own. It didn't matter much, he was too weak, his hands fumbling uselessly. The other two, now seeing what happened. Back away from Luke and stopped the chase all together.

He knew men like this intimately. They wouldn't follow, they would search their friend when he left and tell higher ups, if they had any, what happened. Either way Luke was probably dead from one organization or another. These types of things hardly went unnoticed. He shoved through the crowds. Trying to keep an eye on Illia's small figure. Bobbing and weaving through masses. He thanked whatever gods were listening when she darted into an alley and hid. He followed after.

When he saw her pale scaled face again. He dropped his bloody sword and hugged her. Staying firm against her resistance. "I'm so sorry, it was an act. I would never." He didn't know what else to say. She had always been precious to him, but this was different. He couldn't bare for her to see him as a monster. His whole life he had been a thug. Just like those men back there. He needed Illia's trust. His redemption depended on it. "You're safe with me. Don't ever think otherwise. Your my star Illia." There wasn't time to get choked up. Someone could of saw him running here. They had to get to safety. "We have to leave. The streets aren't safe."
Last edited by Luke Lammergeier on April 9th, 2012, 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Luke Lammergeier

Character sheet

Postby Illia on March 27th, 2012, 4:22 am

Illia sat hidden in the darkness that welcomed her coming. Two tall building standing guard to her left and right, they kept her safe from searching eyes. From her spot she watched as busy feet hurried along, uninterested in any business that wasn't their own. And from amidst the jumbled sounds in the street, one leapt out at her, the echoing of running feet against cobble streets. The taunting fear crawled inside her mind when a figure appeared at the end of the alley, casting a menacing shadow into it. Expecting the worst, fear pushed her back into the wall and made her wish she could disappear into its unfaltering bricks. But knowing that wishful thinking would get her nowhere, Illia took what she felt was the next best approach. Letting pale lids fall over violet eyes and slender arms rise to cover her head, she wished once more to disappear. Granted, this approach was just as foolish as the first. As it only brought a false sense of protection.

The sound of her frantic pounding heart was silenced when she heard metal strike the ground with a loud clang. Which was almost immediately followed by the feeling of strong arms as they wrapped wantonly around her small frame. Her instincts telling her to fight back, she pushed, but her pursuer held as strong as the wall she was pinned against. Then all at once, she froze, her hero's voice whispering both apologies and promises at the same time. When she opened searching eyes and saw Luke, tears fell in streams. Fearful hands turned to angry fists as she ceased to push him away, and instead weakly pummeling his abdomen in frustration. As if she wanted to speak, but words wouldn't find her. But after her emotions found release, she wrapped trembling arms around her hero's torso and buried her head in his chest, her wild hair falling to kiss at his skin. Her body was heavy in that alley as it seemed to cling to the dirt covered ground, refusing to move even in this potentially dangerous situation.
Illia
Player

Character sheet

Postby Luke Lammergeier on April 9th, 2012, 2:43 am

Luke could feel her body shaking. He remembered that kind of fear vividly. When everything around you seemed uncertain. All your trust was misplaced and you were about to reap the consequences. Betrayal was the cruelest way to die. And it torn at his heart to put her through that. Even for the mere moments it took for all this to unfold. He wanted to show her he cared. That he knew exactly what she was feeling. He took her face firmly in hand, and kissed her lips. Never the one to be tentative, it was more aggressive than he liked. But it showed his true feelings.

"You're safe with me Illia." He muttered, tears gathering in the corner of his eyes. He wasn't one for crying. Especially in front of others. But Illia was not like anyone he had ever met. It transcended simple feelings of love or affection. She accepted him, in a world that did not. They had an understanding of each others soul. Something he valued far more than passion.

"I'm going to pick you up now." And with that, he gathered his blade, droplets of blood dripping onto the Alley's brick floor. And carried her on his shoulder out the opposite way they came. She was too shaken up to walk. It didn't make her weak, just afraid. Fear had a way of crippling even the strongest person. It was nothing to be ashamed of.

"Just like old times, eh?" He chuckled, as they went down into the streets. People hardly noticing someone carrying a woman off with a gore soaked tunic.

OOCHiya Illia >:] you can take this wherever you want. You can even end it! i left it open for debate. They will be going to the Drunken fish tavern of course. But if you want to make them do more. talk and what not. Feel free to do that as well. Mod Luke if you want him to put her down lol.

Luke Lammergeier

Character sheet