Farewell My Bonded (Alea)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Yuros on March 12th, 2012, 9:26 pm

10th of Spring, 512 AV
Early morning

The sun's light had not yet risen above the horizon, and slight chill of the night air still lingered upon Yuros' fur as he slowly walked from the stables. The storm had left the Kelvic trapped within his animal form, cut off from the tongue of man and from conversing with the one whom he held most dear. Turning his head to look back, Yuros caught one final glimpse of the girl, of the one called Alea who had changed the Kelvic's life forever. Distantly Yuros realized that he had, in fact, opposed these changes at first, but as time had continued on the Kelvic had slowly begun to accept these changes. Yes... and perhaps he even enjoyed them...

Shaking his head, Yuros huffed and stomped one hoof. No, this was not the time for such thoughts. For now, after all this time, the Kelvic had to go once more. Turning his eyes away from the stables, away from the one who held all that he was, Yuros set out, moving forward into the lightening night and into the unknown. It was time... For Yuros to return home...
Last edited by Yuros on July 7th, 2012, 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yuros
Player

Words: 68652
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2011, 6:51 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alea Davenport on March 12th, 2012, 10:37 pm

Ever since the storm, and Yuros' entrapment in his natural form, Alea has taken to sleeping in the stables with him, so she noticed when he got up. Blinking sleep out of her eyes, she followed him, confused at first, wondering where he was going. Seeing that he was headed outside, she held the stable doors open for him. She shivered slightly in the cool night air, but ever since the storm Avanthal had lost the bitterness of its chill.

She watched him go, unaware that anything was amiss...until he turned to look at her. She wasn't sure how she knew, maybe it was something in his eyes. But she could tell that he wouldn't be coming back. Tears sprang to her eyes, but she blinked them back, hard. Yuros would never leave her unless he had to, and it wasn't fair to make it any harder for him than it already was. Ignoring the rising lump in her throat, she stood up straighter and nodded once.

When he turned from her, she only watched him take a few steps before she turned and went back inside, closing the door behind her. She had heard a tale once that the sooner you stopped watching a loved one leave, the sooner that loved one would return to you. She could not be sure of the truth of such old wives' tales, but one thing she knew for sure: someday she would see her stag again.
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Valkyrie on June 25th, 2012, 3:38 pm

Thread Award

Yuros :
Experience
N/A

Lore
Leaving Alea Davenport

Other
None

Notes: Please change the time stamp on this thread. I noticed you both had it listed as 10 Spring, 512 on your CS’s so I’m willing to grade this. However, I still want it changed here. Winter, 511 is not an appropriate season for when this thread was started. This was short so there wasn’t much I could give you besides a Lore.

Alea Davenport :
Experience
1 Observation

Lore
The Departure of Yuros

Other
None

Notes: This was a pretty short thread so there wasn’t much to give. Since you both listed the date of this thread appropriately in your CS’s I’m willing to give you a grade even though the date listed on the OP is inappropriate for the time it was created.

Note to you both: I’ve already mentioned the Thread Date in both of your individual notes but I’d also like to say that in future I’d prefer threads that are a little longer unless they are abandoned. This thread especially had a lot of potential material you could have drawn on to really illustrate the heartbreak of Yuros leaving. I’m a little disappointed that you chose to get it over with so quickly but it’s your characters ultimately.

Please send me a PM if you have any questions or concerns. :)
VanthaAvanthalHoldsIcewatch

I will not be accepting new moderation requests at this time, I apologize for the inconvenience.
Valkyrie
Let me in! It's cold out here!

Words: 353067
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)