[The Spires OOC] Tree's Company

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Postby Capricious on January 14th, 2013, 3:07 pm

Hello Spirians!

I'm simply stopping by to say two things. One, I should have internet by the middle of the week at the latest. This means, any moderation and/or grading necessary will be completed in a timely fashion once I acquire my computer.

Two, I LOVE all the development lately! The suggestion box is overflowing and I adore this! If you're not already developing and you want to, contact Cinna or myself. The link map needs fleshing out and there are never too many holidays, events, or animals! Keep in mind we need recipes for the Talderan Cookbook and the one with the best recipe will be featured at Grath's rest, here in the Spires! Pleaes bear in mind the fact that most recipes for the Spires will be vegetarian based. Again, have fun with this! If you want to develop, contact Cinna or myself and we'll set you on the right path!

Capricious
Assistant Storyteller of The Spires

Words: 171332
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2012, 11:14 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Capricious on January 21st, 2013, 3:57 pm

Hello Spirians!

I think all that time spent in Avanthal gave me a cold. I seem to have turned purple! What a wonderful color! As the AS of The Spires, I look forward to working with you on individual basis and interacting with the wonderful writers in The Spires.

Capricious

Office
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Chamaeleon on January 22nd, 2013, 9:33 am

Hey guys. I'm back until the 50th, when I leave for Ahnatep. I've missed you all so much!

If you guys want threads, just let me know. You can inbox me or respond here and I'll try work something out for us. :)

Have a good one!

By the way, congratulations Capricious!!!
Spider, spider.
Chamaeleon
My kiss is poison.

Words: 90951
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2012, 10:11 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Capricious on January 27th, 2013, 5:11 pm

We're glad to have you back with us, Cham!

Spirians!
We're approaching the last stretch of winter in a couple of days. Make sure your job threads are completed before March 1st or at least started. You must have at least two! If you do not have a job, please place a request in the moderation thread. If you already have a request in, please be patient. We will get you set up soon enough!

On a similar note, with Spring comes great change! The Spires will move from wintery to a chilly, foggy, city! Along with the weather, the Jamoura will partake in The Rebirthing, a holiday dedicated to planting.

Regarding development! I know I spoke to a couple of individuals in chat, but I would like to put this out there publicly.

We Need Your Support!

To help make the city your own, develop today! You can have your pick of nearly any of the ninety-some empty links on the link map or even create your locale. There can never be too much flora/fauna! Holidays, events, stories, or games are wonderful additions as well! All you need to do is contact myself, and I'll help you get set up. :)

Similarly, the Taldera Cookbook is looking mighty empty! Any recipes regarding The Spires will be more vegetarian based than meat. Remember, you can make up recipes! Recipes do not have to be passed by us, but instead posted in the suggestion box and we'll lead you on the track with any critiques. The best recipes in The Spires will be featured at Grath's Rest.

Note: You do not have to be a citizen of The Spires to develop -- You simply have to be willing! Templates for development can be found on the first page of the suggestion box! As the recipe template is not yet posted in the suggestion box, it will be located below.

Recipe Template :
Code: Select all
    [b]Name:[/b]
    [b]Image:[/b]
    [b]How Common:[/b] Rare/Uncommon/Slightly Common/Well Known
    [b]Baking Difficulty:[/b] Easy/Medium/Hard
    [b]Most Common In:[/b] (The Spires/Avanthal)

[b]Ingredients:[/b]

[b]Baking Instructions:[/b]

[b]Additional Notes/Tips:[/b]
Capricious

Office
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Capricious on January 30th, 2013, 9:12 pm

Hi Guys!

Just a quick note that my college classes have begun for this semester. I only have two; Monday and Tuesday nights. Please note, this is not a major event. I simply want to keep you guys in the loops so you know why my activity levels may drop around those two days (and Sunday if I don't do my homework like a good student!).

Capricious

Office
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Chamaeleon on February 8th, 2013, 7:57 am

Hey guys! This is a request for all those people out there that want threads. I want some too! I work as a healer in Nature's Nurture and can bandage your booboos if you want. No questions asked! Just shoot me a PM and I can see about getting one started for us soon. :)
Spider, spider.
Chamaeleon
My kiss is poison.

Words: 90951
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2012, 10:11 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Asha on February 12th, 2013, 5:24 pm

Slowly lifts head from the grave of inactivity.....

Hello everyone! I got really busy on another account and let this one fall into neglect, which I have felt quite crappy about. However, I'm trying to ease back into my wonderful Jamoura and will hopefully pick up the threads I so rudely abandoned if those people are willing to continue with me. Once I get those figured out I would be happy to start a new thread or two with anyone who is interested.

This awkward, peaceful, fun loving Jamoura could sure use some friends among the tree tops!
Asha
Who is really the beast?

Words: 172478
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2012, 9:16 pm
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Capricious on February 12th, 2013, 9:52 pm

Welcome back to activity, Asha and Cham! I look forward to seeing your PCs once again interact here in the city. If you need any help or moderator assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me!

Capricious

Office
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Capricious on February 17th, 2013, 7:06 pm

Hello Mizaharians!

There has been a surplus of activity in The Spires lately, if you have not already noticed. Creeper, when he retired, left a long list of moderated threads behind. These can be found in the Moderation Requests. In fact, there are over thirty moderated requests located there from Creeper. That is a huge amount! They are going on a year next season or in summer. As such, all moderated threads leftover from Creeper (unless previously agreed upon) are being closed out and graded as is. I apologize that they cannot be continued, as I'm certain they held wonderful rewards and character development for your PCs. All moderated threads being handled by another storyteller, such as numerous quests, will be appropriated dealt with.

On another note! Spring is right around the corner! The season begins March 1st, which leaves you less than two weeks before the change. If you wish to collect money for your job this season, you must turn in at least two job threads. They must either be completed or have at least one post from each person involved in the thread to be counted. If you are still in need of a job, please place a request in the moderation requests thread.

I want to know what you want out of the Spring season for your PC. Do you want adventure? Do you want wisdom? Tell me -- us! The Spring Calendar is in the works and I want it to be designed around the players' wants and needs. There are many exciting events coming to The Spires with the season change!

There are several players already involved, but I want to address this topic once again.

We Need YOUR Help!

That's right. The linkmap needs some tender care and who better to develop what is necessary than the players? The city will flourish if each and every individual in the city helps a little bit. This could be as simple as hinting towards what locations you want to be developed sooner than others or which ones are more essential to your PC. It could be as complex as producing a holiday/event, writing up a plant, or a non-attached NPC. If you are interested, please contact me. All templates can be found in my office or in the Suggestion Box!

Capricious

Office
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Capricious on March 1st, 2013, 11:35 pm

Stop.

...That's right! All placeholders and unstarted threads of the Winter season must stop being created. Spring has officially arrived as of TODAY. The seasonal calendar and thread goals will be up in a timely fashion (ironing out some kinks!) as will the Spring character registry!

Capricious

Office
Trailblazer (1)

PreviousNext