Cousins of Light and Dark (Caelum)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on April 15th, 2010, 12:25 am

They walked next to each other each other both lost in the thoughts of the past and what they had lost. For both it was so recent there times in the higher realms having been so long. For Taithrosa he had felt that he had finished his journey and was settling down to serve Leth all of his time.

He looked over at Caelum and then back up to the moon. His silver eyes then returned once again to the ocean next to them. Choose something to love. It was clearly from experience, but wisdom told the Ethaefal not to ask anything more. There bond wasn't one of friendship or of joy, but of sadness. As both looked at the other they thought of what was lost. "I can do that." He wasn't sure yet weather it would be someone or a cause, but he believed that more of the point was, to surivive in the world you needed something more then pain to motivate you.

"How do you reconizes others of our kind, besides the obvious changes that occur?" Taith asked suspecting there were more then just the three of them.
Do you think that you could ever, Through all eternity,
Find out the generation Where Gods began to be?
Or see the grand beginning, Where space did not extend?
Or view the last creation, Where Gods and matter end?
Me thinks the Spirit whispers, “No man has found ‘pure space,’
Nor seen the outside curtains, Where nothing has a place.”
~ If You Could Hie To Kolob
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Words: 173686
Joined roleplay: April 3rd, 2010, 3:33 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Caelum on April 15th, 2010, 1:22 am

A shrug rolled through rangy shoulders, toppling them with a bit of leftover sand tumbling back to the beach. "I couldn't tell you, honestly. This," a hand rose, whispering up his face as if to mask it or erase it, but in the end it did neither, merely left him blinking owlishly at Taithrosa, "Has proven to be too good of a veil."

A glance was given the moon that robbed him of color, of cohesive memories of the Ukalas.

"Look," he said at length, an unexpected amount of effort stirring embers through the ashes of his awkward accent. "There's a possibility, an idea. A," he struggled, "A theory, if you will, that perhaps we are not here on accident. That maybe this is part of a divine purpose, and that there are things you and I respectively or we together are supposed to do."

He stopped talking. It was abrupt, teeth sinking into his bottom lip and eyes narrowing out at the sea he could hardly stand. Yet he had waded into it's shallows all the same, hadn't he? He was trying, and likely failing, to convey a portent bit of advice, to hold out in scarred hands a little piece of hope, to maybe heal some of his brother's sadness.
Caelum
The best way out is through.

Words: 1093768
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on April 15th, 2010, 2:18 am

Taithrosa nodded sadely having hopped there way some way to distinguish his fellow brothern, but there wasn't. Well at least now that was known by this brother.

He turned though and looked with a raised eyebrow and surprise at the next words out of the mans mouth. He looked at his brother with an intense stare listening to ever word that was said. He then turned his head and looked upwards at the moon.

"I think you are right. We were the choosen of the gods. Faithful and valiant through many life times. From what I have seen the world is struggling. Maybe they need our strength once again in the world." It was actually a hopeful thought, but Taith wasn't some stupied blind optimist, so knew that even if it was true it would be a battle, ugle and brutal.

He turned. "I do agree that maybe we are here for a purpose. Each of use having our own purpse, and maybe all of the choosen having a purpose together. Something that only us who have seen the here after can help the world with."
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Caelum on April 15th, 2010, 2:32 am

A sigh that seemed to rise from the dregs of his very soul was exhaled. "Yes," he agreed. Simply. Maybe as if he had won some validation he did not previously realize he had even yearned for. "Yes."
Caelum

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on April 15th, 2010, 3:18 am

The son of Leth looked over at his brother of the day. He seemed more at peace and that yes. It seemed to be filled with a soul felt agreement. Taith really wished he could once again speak the ancient language to be able to open up in that true way of speaking.

He contiuned for a long time in silences. "What do you feel is your reasons for being here?" Taith finally asked. He had suspisions of his own for himself, but wondered what else could be reasons. He also had a suspision as to maybe why they had meet. Maybe they were to bring there brothern together again. Not to bemone what has fallen them but to rise as a force for good in the world.
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Caelum on April 15th, 2010, 7:37 pm

A hand rose, scrubbing across an unshaven jaw, and he drew to a halt upon the moonlit beach. Slowly, he sank into a corbie's crouch, fingers churning lightly through the sand until he turned over a spiral-shaped shell, bleached by the daily beatings of Syna's light.

"I don't know," he said at length. "Not for certain, Taithrosa. I only know what I've grabbed onto, and that's healing. The work of a physician, yes, but an architect as well. Healing not just of bodies, though that too, but of the very fabric of the universe. I think the fissure through which we fell is capable of being fixed, of being stitched back up again. I think a lot of crazy things. Maybe none of them are true, but then, I hope they are."
Caelum

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on April 16th, 2010, 9:19 am

"I to feel that I am called to be a healer, but I do believe it is for the body and soul. To heal the heavens would be a wonder I agree. To be able to return to our rest and the presents of our gods." He looked around. "I think the rip in the heavens is a reflection of the trouble in the world. Only now does it appear to be recovering."

He sat down and leaned on his elbows his legs spread out before him. "I think that is a worthy goal something that would bless many of our brothers and sisters. How do you think it would be possible to achieve such a goal?"
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Caelum on April 18th, 2010, 2:43 pm

There was irony vivid in god-bombed eyes as they turned on his brother. "If I find out, I'll let you know."

So much of his research had been lost, he had watched burned and turned into so much ash, taking the last bit of hope that fueled his soul with it. He had been nameless then, in chains, just as he had been nameless when landing upon this earth.
Caelum

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on April 20th, 2010, 6:43 am

Taith looked at Caelum his silver eyes watching him intently. His bluish silver hair seem to radiate as one escaped and fell across his horn. He turned his silver eyes back and let the silences settle over him.

Finally he spoke his accesent growing thicker as he spoke with one of his own. "So much has changed since my last memories of Mizahar." He paused and looked over at him. "Do you also suffer from the memories of a countless lifetimes. Yet you can't remember any details from any of them. Except the occasional memory from the last past life?"
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Caelum on April 22nd, 2010, 12:44 am

The shell was turned over in his hand, head bowed and eyes falling away from Taithrosa. The man glittered like the stars. It was a striking beauty, but he did not think it monstrous. There had been plenty who had so believed his. Monster, beautiful terror. He did not always think they were wrong.

"I was Drykas," he said this soft as the snowflakes that no longer tumbled from the sky, not with spring swelling through the world. It was obvious, of course, considering his present form, the marks of the wind showing themselves in ink across rangy musculature. "It was before the gods warred, I have managed to surmise as much. We were small, nestled beneath the mothering mountains. It's harder by night, not to remember, no, but to do my research. My mental capacity for the cosmic healing goals I seek shrinks when Syna departs the sky."
Caelum

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

PreviousNext