[At Sea] Curse of the Kelvic (Hadrian)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Encompassing a vast wilderness filled with flora and fauna of immense proportions, the Northern Reaches include all the Talderian Forest north of the Suvan and stretch into the vast permanent tundra and ice fields outside Avanthal.

Postby Ethan on May 20th, 2012, 6:52 am

Ethan, as always let Hadrian speak until he was done. The Mage wasn't one for words and when he did speak it was always always interesting and demanded a certain amount of attention. But he smiled at the idea of having their own little world. The Crows Nest had been his second home on board his former Master's ship. Somewhere he could get away from it all. He would often rest there after a long flight of the surrounding waters. He was hesitant to go into another ship's nest. In fear it could contaminate the good memories of old. But with Hadrian, he was more than willing.

The sadness in Hadrian's voice was painful to hear. Ethan knew what it was like to long for something so desperately. And even though he didn't show more than a sigh. He could tell there was currents flowing far beneath the surface. He wanted to comfort his friend but was beaten to the punch. With a kiss.

All words were forgotten in that moment. It was nothing more than a soft kiss on the check. But never the less Ethan's heart stopped. "I love you too." He said quickly, then paused. He couldn't get out much more than that. It was a bit much to comprehend. Affectionate moments from Hadrian were few and far between. But an I love you was rare. A kiss on the mouth was even more so. He could feel the blood flooding to indecent places as his base urges kick in, hard.

"You get the wine and I'll get a little food, okay?" He said, while still sitting. Not wanting to stand and expose himself.
Ethan
"If you need help, look up"

Words: 286041
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2011, 9:13 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hadrian on May 20th, 2012, 7:31 am

Hadrian was rather sure he knew that Ethan loved him, else he would not have stayed. All the same, it was good to hear. He was never quite sure where the emotions of other people were concerned. His senses were too attuned to auras for much to escape him, but he didn't say anything, just nodded and tiptoed into his berth to pull out two bottles of wine, because sometimes one just wasn't enough. They had so much time to themselves, and much of it would be spent recuperating, but he might as well drink some of it away, and then sleep for a day or two. It was so difficult to shut off his mind.

There was no sign of Ethan when he returned to the deck, a blanket thrown over his arm and his hands full of wine bottles. But he walked up to the rigging and slung the wine over his shoulder in the blanket and made his careful ascent. When he peeked over the edge of the crow's nest, Ethan was waiting with what he assumed was food and a bit of a reaction to that kiss, perhaps. He laughed softly and fell in beside him, tucking the wine bottles around and spreading the blanket over them.

"If you need to take care of that, just don't get anything on me," he said, trying to get comfortable.
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Ethan on May 21st, 2012, 4:26 am

Thankfully they left without further mention of Ethan's unsightly state. Both men left without much to say. Each having their own things to gather for the upcoming picnic. Ethan's task was an simple one. Sweet talking some food from the chef was easy. Since most of his time not spent flying around scouting was spent with the various men and women of the crew. He knew most of them intimately. He cracked jokes and warmed up to anyone willing to reciprocate. Getting on the good side of needed individuals was his bread and butter before he met Hadrian.

As he climbed up to the Crows Nest. Little sack of food slung over his shoulder. The memory of the kiss started to reappear. Emotions were roused as his mind began to think over the possibilities of their little picnic. Logically speaking, it was unlikely Hadrian would do anything with Kendall still around. Especially bellow deck. But he has been in a down state because of her actions and it seemed Ethan's acceptance of his affection. Made it easier for the Mage to go further than he ever had before. Something could happen but most likely nothing too severe. Either way it was exciting.

Unlike most Humans with their ridged ideas on morals and sexuality. Animals and most Kelvics were less restricted. Their idea of sexuality revolved mostly around mating or reproducing. Even though Ethan was heavily trained as a child. Some urges mind sets couldn't be completely left behind. And since he wasn't interested in having offspring. Unless it was with a suitable woman such as Sondra. Mate was the next in line. And there was no one as worthy for that as Hadrian.

When Hadrian clambered into their little retreat. Ethan didn't bother hiding his arousal. His mind was set and although he wouldn't try anything. He wouldn't hide it either. "No, I'm alright. I've had to ignore them before." Putting the cloth sac between them, he started to unload his bounty. "It isn't much but I got some bread and fruit. Cheese for the wine. What did you get?"
Ethan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hadrian on May 21st, 2012, 4:52 am

"Wine and wine and the blanket," he said, as he made the crow's nest a nest in fact. There had been that initial idea to go up and attempt a full body morph into a raptor, but there was time enough for that. For now he was happy to borrow Ethan's warmth, and he uncorked the first bottle of wine. There was no need for glasses; he took a pull and handed the bottle over to his feathery friend.

"I'm sorry you have to do that," he added, quietly so only the keen-eared Kelvic would hear it over the wind. "I don't understand feelings so well. I don't suppose it would bother me if Kendall took another lover, but... I might just be wrong-minded in that. Or we should have been born in Wind Reach where I hear that the people are polyamorous and bond with their bird friends."
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Ethan on May 26th, 2012, 6:21 am

Wind Reach was a tempting idea, but Kendall would be a problem there as she was here. Sadly, she would continue to be a kink in the works as long as she lived. Her very existence kept him and Hadrian apart. Even though Kendall and Ethan were close, nearly brothers infact. It didn't keep the Kelvic from secretly resenting him and plotting various 'accidents' around the ship. A testimony to his lack of tolerance for obsticles.

"That is an interesting idea. You having a couple wives and your little bird on the side." He guffawed and took a drink from the bottle Hadrian offered. "And I could test that out for you if your want, teacher? Let me have Kendall for a night and then we can see how you feel about sharing." Another haughty laugh and drink. "Or perhaps you won't like it so much when someone gets to use your toys hmmm?"
Ethan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hadrian on May 28th, 2012, 6:12 am

"Wives? I don't know. I think I would be happiest doing my work, and if there were people who cared about me, about whom I cared... they could come and go as they pleased. I don't think I'm a jealous person. I don't think you're my toys..." His severe brow furrowed as he tried to piece through his feelings; he had learned to read the signs of others', to follow the whorls of energy through their auras, to induce certain states hypnotically, but they were still a strange code he had not yet broken.

"Is that what you want, Ethan?" he asked, turning over on his side, drinking from the wine bottle and peering at the prone bird-man, propping his head up on his hand. "To be my toy? Sometimes I wonder. You don't want to bond, and I respect that, but there are bonds of friendship, and bonds between student and teacher. I suppose I don't yet understand the Kelvic bond. Perhaps one day I will. Certainly it would help me understand Kelvics, the better to... hm, understand how your race was created.

"But that's another mystery to unravel... for another day. Should I become a bird now? We can save the food for after, to build up our strength and energy after shape-shifting."
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Ethan on June 1st, 2012, 7:08 am

He cringed whenever the topic of bonding came up. Not because he didn't want to with Hadrian, he did. It just caused Ethan so much stress and often lead to illness. "Kelvic bonds are confusing to anyone that isn't a Kelvic. No matter how I explain it you will never truly get it. Just like how certain emotions you have don't make sense to me. We just aren't built a like."

He paused, wanting to say more, but nodded in agreement instead. "Sure, that sounds like a great idea. Make sure not to fall though. Wouldn't want to see you get hurt. And after, we can talk more about the creation of Kelvics." He smiled, trying to keep his emotions in check. It was hard uttering the fact that his people were nothing more than an experiment of a lonely Wizard. It was true, no doubt about it. But that didn't make it any easier to swallow.
Ethan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hadrian on June 7th, 2012, 3:06 am

Hadrian nodded and corked the wine, setting it aside. He took a few bites of food, the better to fuel his body. A ready source of energy would make the depletion of his stores less terrible, but soon enough he was shrugging out of his shirt and hiking down his pants. Around Ethan, clothes hardly mattered. He was a Kelvic, after all, and animals didn't wear clothes.

Finally he stood up, nude, and clutched his elbows with either hand. The storm had made spring unduly warm for such northerly places, but out here at sea at night and high up in the crow's nest, they caught wind with a definite chill to it.

"I'm going to have to take it slowly," he said, chafing his arms where the skin was pebbling with gooseflesh. "But that will give you ample opportunity to correct my changes as I go. I'd like to perfect the form tonight, even if it's too big. That I can learn to change when I'm better at this, right?"

He smiled, and the djed was already flowing outward toward his skin in tiny trickles, his pores prickling, hair follicles beginning to slowly sprout darkness which did, after a minute begin to resemble black feathers. Perhaps it was all clearer to Ethan. Hadrian was not sure about a lammergeier's night vision, but at least they had the moon.
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Ethan on June 8th, 2012, 5:12 am

It was a very lovely sight. Hadrian, pale and lithe, skin turned to silver under the moon light. Small black feathers sprouting from his skin. He didn't look as odd as he did before. Either his manipulation of Djed had grown more defined, or the night was blinding him. But he looked more like an Avian Demigod than a misshapen turkey.

"Absolutely stunning, Hadrian. You would do Eywaat proud." He kept a close eye out for any irregularities in the feather pattern but left him room for change on his own. Reserving serious judgment for when he was completely finished. But any noticeable errors he could see where pointed out with a few words and more encouragement.

While Hadrian was shifting and after all big errors were corrected, he tapped into his own magical reserves. Focusing the Djed into his fingertips and manipulating the energy to sense Aura's. He moved his hand over Hadrian's body, careful not to actually touch him. And checked for any flaws the naked eye could not see. Any build ups in energy that could prove harmful. "Your skill never ceases to amaze me Hadrian. You are so very, focused." His hand gently brushed against the tip of his manhood. By accident, of course.

"Sorry." He grinned coyly. "Fingers slipped. You are doing great. I can't sense anything wrong."
Ethan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hadrian on June 8th, 2012, 7:28 pm

As the minutes ticked by, whatever hair he had became feathers, fingernails disappeared, and by the time Ethan touched him -- the littler flirt -- his teeth and nose were beginning to melt into something beaklike, his toes into talons. It was not a smooth transition for all that Ethan was quick to praise him, this joint changing quickly while the rest lagged, and then something else catching up as his attention shifted. When his feet were about ready, he stepped up onto the railing of the crow's nest, talons closing over and holding him fast. He hunkered down against the breezes, concentrating on all the various and sundry things that were different from a bird and a man.

In the end, with much concentration and Ethan's guidance, what had been Hadrian was replaced by a giant lammergeier with strange plumage. With such light bones, he could not shrink or else there would be no place to put the weight. His eyes remained a shocking blue, colorless in the moonlight, and his feathers looked inky black, the blue shot through it leached as well.

He had become Ethan's shadow.

Finally, carefully, he began to spread his wings. The initial capture of wind nearly sent him hurtling backward, but he managed to angle them such that the air passed over and below them with the least amount of resistance possible.

He didn't know how to speak in the tongue of raptors, but he opened his beak and squawked all the same. This was an important step toward their being able to fly together.
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

PreviousNext