[Flashback] Come What May (Eridanus)

[Wright Memorial Library] Two strangers talk.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Nira'lia on April 16th, 2012, 12:54 am

'He was a slave as well!' she exclaimed in her mind. And he was a slave to the Ziths. For some reason, she guessed that his ordeal had been even more terrifying than hers. Nira'lia had never met a zith before, but she knew they were a vicious race who ate what they deemed as the 'lesser' races. The thought was simply terrifying to her.

She wondered how he was able to escape -- but she decided against asking about it. Eridanus's eyes had turned to pit black, and while the Konti couldn't tell what the change of colors in his eyes meant, that certain expression of his was painful to see. Nira'lia scolded herself for bringing the topic forward, because she was sure it wasn't one that brought good memories for him as well.

The Konti continued to listen to him. "To be honest, I never thought about it that way... I always thought Reimancy as simply something for fighting. But you're right; it can be used for other things, can't it?" she asked, smiling. "A crackpot...? Well, people tend to do that, don't they? When they don't understand a concept, when it doesn't make sense to them especially when it's a new idea, they close their minds to it."

She grinned at him. He was passionate in his beliefs, and she respected that. Nira'lia wasn't familiar with the disciplines of magic, or its theories, but she could understand that his way of thinking wasn't a common one. The Konti definitely didn't see anything wrong with thinking differently from others.

"It doesn't sound mad at all. What's mad is if you just put your ideas aside and do nothing about it," she replied simply, and she thought that her few words conveyed everything she needed to say.

The Konti glanced outside the window. The sun was still out, but they had been talking longer than she had expected. It was uncanny, how asking a stranger to hand her a book could lead to such a conversation. She could hear some girls murmuring to themselves, and she turned her head to the side to glance at these students. They seemed to be staring at her with a hint of hatred and a lot of jealousy, and she realized that these were the girls that Eridanus had winked at before.

"Aren't you the popular one?" chuckled Nira'lia. "I should probably get going, though..." she didn't want to admit it, but her arms were starting to ache under the weight of the book. She wasn't a strong girl, and it was a heavy book. "And you should get back to studying!"
Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Words: 386960
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2011, 9:17 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Eridanus on April 16th, 2012, 9:15 am

Eridanus beamed, even if only for a split-second at Nira'lia when she seemed to agree with him. That was the sort of reassurance he needed, just to know that he was not the only insane one. That was the problem diving into magic, you never know if your ideas were a neurological disorder as a result of wizard psychology, or if you were really breaking new ground.

A wizard would never know.

Rarely had he smiled with such sincerity, but the konti was fortunate in witnessing one of the rare times that he allowed his inner emotions to be bared, even though if it's for a short while.

Nira'lia glanced to the side, and the vantha followed her gaze, finding some of the female students staring daggers at her. He sighed, and glared at them, causing them to look down in embarrassment.

"Apologies... some of them get kinda unruly from time to time. Disillusions and all..." His voice trailed, as he gestured to talk the konti out of the library. His popularity was a result of his cold but passionate personality, his reputation for being one of the best, if not the best, swordsman in the University, and the mysterious element of him being a student in the magic department. His exotic race that some were aware of did not help to detract from this popularity.

"May we meet again, Nira'lia, if fate should so dictate. You should really consider taking a course here; we have the brightest minds."
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Nira'lia on April 16th, 2012, 1:23 pm

Nira'lia gingerly placed the book back on the shelf. She wasn't able to read it, but she knew it would probably still be there the next time she was back. "I'd borrow it, but I already have too many unreturned books at home," she lied. It would have been too embarrassing to admit that she simply didn't want to carry something so heavy home. So much for that book that started their conversation -- she wasn't even able to read a page off it, but she didn't mind.

The Konti saw that he was going to accompany her to the library exit. She blinked and accepted his kindness, walking alongside him and listening to him talk.

"I do agree, the University does have the brightest minds," she replied, referring to him. "I have so many more decades to do what I want though, so I'm not really in a rush to do anything," said the Konti. That was the excuse she gave everyone who suggested that she enrol in the University.

When they arrived at the door, Nira'lia turned around to look at him. She gave him a bright smile and gave a slight wave of her hand.

"I'll see you around, Eridanus. You take care," she said. The Konti gave him a final nod before going on her way, and she couldn't help but smile to herself as she walked away from him. That had been an interesting conversation -- and he was a very interesting person. She hoped she would be able to see him again soon.
Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Words: 386960
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2011, 9:17 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2

Postby Eridanus on April 17th, 2012, 6:04 am

Eridanus watched the konti return the book that he passed her. She had been holding on to it for the entire conversation, but now suddenly placed it on its original position without even reading it. She came out with a reason, but could not hide her embarrassed body language. Still, everyone had their reasons for doing things, and in order to be courteous the vantha did not call her out on it.

He accompanied her towards the entrance of the library, though he stopped shortly to emphasize his reply.

"You never know what longevity bring, Nira'lia. Leaving things for the next, that is the hallmark of procrastination. Longevity should be used to pursue things that mortals cannot hope to master in a single lifetime, rather than to act as an excuse for postponement." He spoke with experience, for this was indeed his perspective, though he was aware that the paradox of his age and his wisdom might be jarring to the konti again.

"Until the next time, Nira'lia. You take care too," He nodded in response to her farewell, standing at the doorway for a moment longer as he watched her leave. She was an interesting person indeed, and if fate should decide to let them meet again he would welcome it.
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Echelon on April 20th, 2012, 4:49 am

Adventurer's Loot

A Gift
Experience is it's own reward.
Nira'lia's Loot :
Nira'lia

Skill XP Reward
Herbalism +2XP
Medicine +1XP
Observation +2XP
Interrogation +3XP
Philosophy +1XP
Socialize +1XP

Lore:
Garlic: Healing Herb
Sugar: Slows Bleeding
Ice: Reduces Swelling
Common Spices Can Heal
Garlic: How to Make Paste
Garlic: Medicinal Properties
Learning by Reading
Book - Quick Home Remedies, Vol. II
Enlisting The Help of a Stranger
Vantha Eyes: Multichromatic
Witnessed Vantha Eyes
Eridanus: Enchanting Voice
Eridanus: Student of Magecraft
Eridanus: Ex-Slave
Magic: Balanced Applications
Birds of a Feather

Items or Consequences:
None

Notes: Think more a midevil science. they don't know about antimicrobial because they don't know what microbes (including bacteria) are since they don't have microscopes.
check this:
http://www.witchway.net/herbal/herbal1.html

Eridanus' Loot :
Eridanus

Skill XP Reward
Philosophy +2XP
Magecraft +2XP
Writing +2XP
Observation +2XP
Rhetoric +1XP
Interrogation +1XP

Lore:
Writing: Scientific Tone
Nira'lia: Ex-Slave
Nira'lia: Konti
Nira'lia: Chatty
Birds of a Feather
Journal: Limitations of Magnetism in Magecraft by Nolan Cudhel

Items or Consequences:
None

Notes: I gave you writing 2 for reading a paper in a Scientific tone, for more points in the future, have Eridanus attempt to write his own work, or watch the logic of your paper more closely. Specifically, don't be as redundant.
Love that you are studying a personal journal written by another magecrafter, instead of some general how to guide.

(It was nice finally seeing Eridanus in a social situation. I enjoyed the chatter on both sides, some fun topic were covered in the thread.) - if you have ANY questions or concerns about this grading, please PM me.
Echelon
Pew~Pew!!

Words: 238180
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2012, 5:21 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Previous