Timid Earth[Hana]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Timid Earth[Hana]

Postby Jaeden Kincade on April 11th, 2010, 9:04 pm

“Well, perhaps I can help you gather up some clay? I could use the physical training of lifting some heavy earth.” Jaeden offered before tossing the last bit of one of the mushrooms into his mouth.

Jaeden gave a slow nod, swallowing the last bite of one of the morels. “They’re called Morel Mushrooms,” Jaeden said holding one up. “They’re common mainly through the spring season, but there are some that are similar which can make you ill and worse.”

Jaeden held up one of the Morels. “The way to tell them apart is by looking at the caps.” Jaeden said as held up the morel. “The morels will have a lighter color and it’s texture will resemble a honey comb more. The false ones will be darker in color and the texture will appear more wrinkled.”

Jaeden paused in their trek for a moment, gazing around the forest bed. “Ah,” he then said as he moved a few feet towards the east, plucking a false morel up from the ground. He then held them out in display for Ha’na, so she could visually see the difference. “They’ll be harder to spot in the early spring when they haven’t grown completely, but they’re still distinguishable once you get used to spotting the difference.”

"If I were to stop and take in the gravity of any serious situation I'm in, I'd likely fall to my knees from being overwhelmed by it. Things become much easier to deal with if you simply make jokes."
Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Words: 824662
Joined roleplay: January 29th, 2010, 2:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Author (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
Power Fork (1)

Timid Earth[Hana]

Postby Hana on April 12th, 2010, 2:14 am

“If you’d like, I would be grateful,” she said in response to his offer to help, “though I am afraid that I’m not sure yet where I’m going. I’m on the lookout for new deposits in hopes of making my clay stronger.”

Her attention turned to the mushrooms he was showing her quickly. She reached out to point at the one in his left hand with a slow nod. “This is the edible one. Are they better in the early spring when they are first out? Or later when they become larger?”

She twisted her head until she could look at him with an innocent blink of the eyes. The rest of the mushroom was put into her mouth to eat as she continued to walk. The day had taken an interesting turn.
Hana
if love be timid it is not true

Words: 82066
Joined roleplay: April 5th, 2010, 11:35 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Timid Earth[Hana]

Postby Jaeden Kincade on April 12th, 2010, 5:22 am

Jaeden slowly tossed the false morel aside once Ha’na was done examining it. “Normally depends on the person eating them.” Jaeden replied to her question about the mushroom. “Some have preferences when they’re just sprouting, others like them after they’ve matured for some time.”

“As far as finding the clay deposit goes,” Jaeden then said, offering Ha’na one more the morels before taking a bite into the final one, “I likely won’t be much help there. I’m not at all familiar with spotting them. Likely wouldn’t even know it if I did see one.”

“But, it’s a casual day for me, so I’ve got plenty of time if you wanted to gander around for a while. I can certainly think of worse ways to spend a day,” Jaeden said after swallowing the last bit of the morel, “and of course worse company.”

Jaeden then slowly smiled to Ha’na. “After all, you are much more easier on the eyes than even the soothing scenery of the forest.”

"If I were to stop and take in the gravity of any serious situation I'm in, I'd likely fall to my knees from being overwhelmed by it. Things become much easier to deal with if you simply make jokes."
Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)

Timid Earth[Hana]

Postby Hana on April 12th, 2010, 5:58 am

"Ah, well, I suppose I will have to wait until next Spring to experiment with them, then... But they are quite good." She took the mushroom he was offering her with a nod of thanks. "As for clay deposits, they can be nearly anywhere. The easiest place to find them, though, is where there is a stream or where the ground holds sand. Clay is just sand that has been ground very, very finely basically."

She reached into one of her buckets and scraped her fingers along the very bottom, pulling up a small lump of clay.

"This is what it looks like. Sometimes you will see it marbleized in the regular soil first, but if you dig deeper you come to clay. You have to process it and take all the stones and debris out to use it, but this is what it looks like straight from the ground."

It was only then that she blushed at his compliment. She smiled bashfully and glanced at him, not saying anything in response to it.
Hana

Character sheet
Peer Reviewer (1)

Timid Earth[Hana]

Postby Jaeden Kincade on April 12th, 2010, 6:18 am

Jaeden nodded slowly as he listened to Ha’na talk about where clay could be found and what it was exactly. “Ah, well I can certainly lead us to the streams and rivers, even a couple of small ponds.” Jaeden replied before grabbing his water skin and taking a large drink, washing down what bits of the morel lingered in his mouth. “Still can’t say I’d be able to spot a deposit of it though.”

Jaeden then slowly looked over the clay along Ha’na’s fingertips, noting it’s texture and colors. His gaze then shifted to those eyes of hers, and once again back to the clay. His gaze then began to linger over the frame of her body, bouncing periodically to the clay and her eyes once again. Finally, his mind once again snapped into fantasy mode as he first imagined Ha’na rolling around in a deposit, her naked form covered in clay as he let out a small grunt. Then his mind carried it further as he imagined himself joining her. A quick shake of his head soon dispersed the imagination. Seeing Ha’na look at him weirdly, he realized that a brief moment of silence had passed. Letting out a nervous chuckle, Jaeden raised the palm of his hand, lightly striking himself along the side of his head.

“Sorry, just had some naughty thoughts pop into my head.” Jaeden said, a lighthearted smile crossing his lips. “So, what do you do with the clay, if you don’t mind me asking?”

Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)

Timid Earth[Hana]

Postby Hana on April 13th, 2010, 2:54 am

"Shame on you." She glanced at him and mention of naughty thoughts. A hidden blush lifted onto her cheeks as she let out a nervous little giggle. But then she shrugged, seeming to leave it at that.

"Show me the water, and I will show you have to spot the clay. I'm a potter. I make ceramic pieces."

She glanced at him again. And then she giggled again.
Hana

Character sheet
Peer Reviewer (1)

Timid Earth[Hana]

Postby Jaeden Kincade on April 13th, 2010, 3:06 am

"This way then, pretty eyes." Jaeden said as he motioned towards the east, leading the way. Jaeden slowly looked over his shoulder back to Ha'na. A slow itch along his shoulder rose, the Ranuri mark edging him to make contact and learn Ha'na's desires.

"Ceramics?" Jaeden said, trying to focus on other things as he pushed aside a low hanging branch for Ha'na to pass by. He took a quick inhale of her hair as she did. Whether this was fueled by the Gnosis or his regular demeanor, was unclear. "So more or less plates, pots figurines and the like? They use ceramic jugs a lot at the Soothing Waters. I started working there not to long ago, so if you're looking to sell some wares, I could likely introduce you to the owner."

Jaeden continued to lead the way through the thick foliage and uneven ground, as the faint sound of running water could be heard in the distance.

Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)

Timid Earth[Hana]

Postby Hana on April 13th, 2010, 4:28 am

Her hair most likely smelled a little like the floor of the forest, but more than that of spices and the olive oil she used to make it soft. To say the girl was oblivious to what he'd done was an understatement, though when she walked by him she did a quick sweep of his body with her eyes. Catching herself, she bowed her head and continued to walk, rubbing at her mouth.

"Plates. Pots. Things of practical use. I'm horrid at sculpting save for perhaps snakes, but any child within the city walls can do that."
She looked back at him with a sweet smile. "Do you? I'm always looking for places to sell my wares."
Hana

Character sheet
Peer Reviewer (1)

Timid Earth[Hana]

Postby Jaeden Kincade on April 13th, 2010, 5:17 am

Jaeden slowly gave a nod. “Yes I do.” He replied to Ha’na as he looked ahead for a moment. “Stop by sometime. If nothing else, I’ll give you a free massage.”

Jaeden looked back to Ha’na, smiling again. Another few ticks would pass, their trek eventually carrying them to a shallow part of the Cobalt river as Jaeden stood at the edge of a slope that would lead down to the shoreline. He took a short moment to scan for wild animals drinking from the river, as it flowed with a gentle current in that area. After a moment a searching, he gave a nod. “Looks to be clear.” Jaeden said, stepping down from the edge before reaching out to Ha’na, offering a hand for balance on her step down. “I’ll follow you from this point on.”

Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)

Timid Earth[Hana]

Postby Hana on April 13th, 2010, 5:35 am

"Oh, I'm not... I..." She sort of faltered at the mention of a massage. She knew many did such things, but she was not one of them. Not that she thought there was anything particularly wrong with it. She just... Well.

She took his hand, lifting her skirt just enough that she didn't trip over it as she went.

"I suppose I don't care to be touched."

... Hm. That didn't sound quite right, but she figured it got the idea across at least. The truth of the matter was that people made her uneasy. Especially in close proximity.
Hana

Character sheet
Peer Reviewer (1)

PreviousNext