Timid Earth[Hana]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Timid Earth[Hana]

Postby Jaeden Kincade on April 16th, 2010, 5:43 am

Jaeden shook his head slightly. “I think you have far more grace as a woman than you realize.“ Jaeden said as they began climbing a small hill. He allowed her to get ahead of him slightly, taking her rear in sight as his own nature finally began overtaking the lingering feelings that the Ranuri mark gave him. “I can actually see it now.”

“I never think about my own safety all that much to be honest.” Jaeden commented, eventually stepping beside her once again as they began nearing the edge of the forest. “It’s one of my faults I suppose. I feel myself far more expendable that one of my friends or loved ones.”

“I could see you pulling them free from a hidden sheath under a dress.” Jaeden said, his head tilting to the side as he smirked, picturing it. A small smirk sharpened the corners of his mouth. “It sort of turns me on, to be honest and blunt. No offense intended.”

"If I were to stop and take in the gravity of any serious situation I'm in, I'd likely fall to my knees from being overwhelmed by it. Things become much easier to deal with if you simply make jokes."
Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Words: 824662
Joined roleplay: January 29th, 2010, 2:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Author (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
Power Fork (1)

Timid Earth[Hana]

Postby Hana on April 17th, 2010, 8:37 pm

“Well, thank you. That’s rather sweet of you. I don’t really consider myself all that graceful.” She had the bruises to prove it, seeming to own a little habit of running into things constantly among a dozen other things. She paused, wondering if working with a weapon was a very good idea for her. With her luck she’d probably land on the point of it at some time or another.

“I don’t think that a fault really. I mean…” She paused again, lifting up her skirt just a touch so she could step over a bit of wet ground without getting it soiled. “I suppose I feel the same way. I’ve been very fortunate that people have always wanted to watch out for me.”

Except for that part where they threw her in the snake pit…

“It’s made me helpless, but in the event that I was able to defend anything… Well, I’d defend my loved one before myself.”

Had he just said what she thought he had? She glanced at him before looking down at the ground as she continued to walk, hoping maybe she’d misunderstood as she sometimes did with Common. Being a relatively modest woman, such talk tended to shock her. She might have run, but he was holding her buckets.
Hana
if love be timid it is not true

Words: 82066
Joined roleplay: April 5th, 2010, 11:35 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Timid Earth[Hana]

Postby Jaeden Kincade on April 18th, 2010, 12:38 am

Jaeden gave a nod as the two of them finally stepped out of the forest and onto the main road. “Defending loved ones is a good thing, but you should learn a little something to help make sure you’re alive after defending them.” Jaeden gave a slow shrug. “Just what I think.”

Jaeden then paused, seeing her reaction to his second statement. A light chuckle escaped his lips. “Relax Ha’na,” Jaeden said in a reassuring tone, “it’s not as if I’m hinting for something. You've made your intentions clear. It’s just my banter for the most part, escaping my lips. I have found that life is to short to go walking on eggshells when it comes to a lot of things. I always say what’s on my mind.”

Jaeden began to seem more vigilant when they got onto the open road, constantly taking in gazes of their surrounds, especially along the edge of the forest where things were more easily hidden. His frame always seemed to be blocking Ha’na’s own from such a perspective. Syliras may not have been far away, but it was far enough.

"If I were to stop and take in the gravity of any serious situation I'm in, I'd likely fall to my knees from being overwhelmed by it. Things become much easier to deal with if you simply make jokes."
Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)

Timid Earth[Hana]

Postby Hana on April 18th, 2010, 4:40 am

“I’ll take into consideration about learning to defend myself and my loved one.” She nodded. “Up until a few days ago I didn’t have anyone to defend.”

The smile that crossed her face, if Jaeden happened to look at her at that point, was of the windswept, love-stricken variety. Despite the fact that she seemed perhaps a little bitter and jaded about love as a concept, she had indeed gone and done something very counter-intuitive to her outlook on the subject.

Her cheeks flushed under her tanned skin at what he said next. She shook her head a little.

“No, no,” she said quietly. “It’s fine. I just… I’m not used to men speaking their minds quite so freely. I’m not threatened so much as just… Shocked. I’ll get used to it. I’m sure. I have this shovel with which to hit you with should you turn out to be a randy slaver.”

The latter part, most likely, was an attempt at a joke.
Hana

Character sheet
Peer Reviewer (1)

Timid Earth[Hana]

Postby Jaeden Kincade on April 18th, 2010, 5:47 am

Jaeden nodded. “I would check with the Knights possibly. I’d try to teach you, but I only really know the long sword, and the bow.” Jaeden comment as the tips of Syliras’ citadel towers came into view. “Any knife skills I have relates more towards skinning animals.”

“Good to know,” Jaeden said. “Hit any you come across with the flat side first to daze them, then take a second swing using the edge of the shovel. That’ll give them a sting to remember.”

Jaeden the started giving pointers at random, if for no other reason that they just kept donning on him. “Also a good idea to go for the kneecaps with a shovel.” Jaeden said, giving a nod as if to affirm such. “You shatter someone’s knees, and they won’t be able to chase you.”

Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)

Timid Earth[Hana]

Postby Hana on April 22nd, 2010, 12:40 am

“I would feel horrible if I actually hit someone,” she admitted softly, as if telling him some great secret that wasn’t most likely obvious. She glanced, big blue eyes blinking innocently as she nodded.

“The flat side then the edge,” she repeated, giving a little wave of the shovel in the air as if someone was standing in front of her. “The knees? Where else?”
Hana

Character sheet
Peer Reviewer (1)

Timid Earth[Hana]

Postby Jaeden Kincade on April 22nd, 2010, 2:05 am

Jaeden chuckled slightly as the neared the top of a hill, Syliras’ gates coming into view. “Depends on what kind of damage you wanted to do and who you were facing.” Jaeden said as he smirked at Ha’na. “Generally any joint will hinder certain movements when you hit it hard enough.”

Jaeden the looked to the city gates before looking back to Ha’na. “You think you can make it to the city okay now? I’d prefer not to return until dark.” Jaeden said as he motioned towards Syliras. “Too much risk of bumping into someone accidentally and triggering my mark.”

Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)

Timid Earth[Hana]

Postby Hana on April 22nd, 2010, 2:30 am

"Any of the joints. I will keep this in mind."

She chuckled the smallest bit and nodded. She did have a bit of muscle to her hidden away under all the clothing she wore.

"Oh, yes. I think I can make it. I typically carry the buckets all by myself for much greater distances. Thank you so much for helping me today."

She crooked her finger and motioned for him to lean down.
Hana

Character sheet
Peer Reviewer (1)

Timid Earth[Hana]

Postby Jaeden Kincade on April 22nd, 2010, 2:40 am

“Yeah. The knees, wrist, shoulders elbow or ankles. Places like that. Generally they‘ll hinder someone‘s ability to move or wield a weapon.” Jaeden said before he leaned forward, setting down the buckets in front of her. “No problem at all. I didn’t have much going on today anyhow.”

Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)

Timid Earth[Hana]

Postby Hana on April 22nd, 2010, 2:51 am

When he leaned down, she swept in to kiss the corner of his mouth. Clearly it was not meant for the cheek, but it was too chaste for the center of the lips. She lingered there but a second before pulling away.

“I hope one day someone fulfills your desires for you,” she whispered. “Thank you.”

She bent down to pick up her buckets.
Hana

Character sheet
Peer Reviewer (1)

PreviousNext