Hunting the Guardian [Miharu]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Postby Gromhir on April 19th, 2010, 5:56 pm

“Yet you would want to hear how I was thrown out? You would want to hear how I was used? You would want to hear how I was cast aside like some old rag?” Gromhir looked round moving over to a flower. The massive beast broke down into a human that was not as imposing as one would have expected. He cautiously reached out a finger and something small seemed to crawl on to his finger.

“Come closer,” he watched the small ladybird that crawled along his finger. “Even the smallest creature has a place in this world.” His voice was soft. He never looked at her, was seemingly unaware he was completely nude and was completely enthralled by the little creature that crawled over the tip of his finger.

He let out a quiet chuckle, “Not matter how seemingly insignificant the task. Nature designed all her creatures to be of equal importance, to each have a place in Her Order.” Gromhir was not truly aware of how devoted he was to this Nature figure nor that she was in fact a God.

“Nature would not have guided you to me for no reason,” Gromhir replied to her comment on her being a whelp. “Had your pain not been shielded by your anger, I could have offered to help sooner. I am sorry but I had to hurt you before I could help you.”

“I am not perfect. But I have known your pain.”
The world can make you think that everything matters. But all that really matters is that the sun rises and you enjoy what you're given.
Gromhir
Resident Big Softy

Words: 90232
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2009, 6:23 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Lore Author (1) Donor (1)

Postby Miharu Mindi on April 19th, 2010, 6:08 pm

Miharu stared as he shifted into his human form, and was a little surprised that he wasn't bigger - bulkier at least. He was no taller than her, and as she gazed at his form she thought her legs to be more powerfully muscled, though perhaps he had better arms.

She blinked as he bid her come closer, and her eyes narrowed in suspicion but after a pause she crept closer in sideways, shuffling steps. Eventually, though, she made it all the way to his side, nostrils flaring as she took in the scent of his human skin.

But she was distracted by his hands, and soon found herself crouching beside him, her shoulder pressed against his as she peered down at the little insect. "No one guided me to you," she murmured, not understand all this talk of nature and places. "You followed me."

But she glanced up at him, and a quirk of a smile touched one corner of her mouth as their eyes met over that short distance.

And I am dreaming of them with their kill
Tearing it all apart
Blood dripping from their lips
And teeth sinking into heart
Miharu Mindi
Player

Words: 165248
Joined roleplay: March 14th, 2010, 7:08 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Gromhir on April 20th, 2010, 5:45 am

“Yet the wind changed and carried my scent to you,” Gromhir replied. He blew gently on the Ladybird and it took off from his finger and disappearing into the background. He looked at Miharu and smiled back, more out of courtesy than anything.

Gromhir looked back out to the forest. “Nature does not do things that are obvious. She teaches, she guides but she does hand out. Every hard time, every problem is a challenge she has given us. It is one we can ignore or one we can face. Should we ignore it, it will build up. Should we face it, we find out our true measure as beings of her creation.”

“Were life to be easy, we would all be soft and unprepared for the struggle of life from bell to bell. Should we walk our path, should we take the challenges that Nature gives us and allow them to make us stronger then we begin to find our places.”

Gromhir smiled and this time, it reached his eyes. Almost shone in his being. “The path that led me to Kamalia. It was a very hard path to walk but it prepared me for trials that I have been through with her and that still stand ahead.”
The world can make you think that everything matters. But all that really matters is that the sun rises and you enjoy what you're given.
Gromhir
Resident Big Softy

Words: 90232
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2009, 6:23 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Lore Author (1) Donor (1)

Postby Miharu Mindi on April 20th, 2010, 6:11 am

She blinked at him, utterly mesmerized by this soft-spoken philosophy coming out of the monster who'd just stood against her in tooth and claw. His words didn't make a bit of sense to her, but she liked hearing him speak. Theology, philosophy, it was all beyond her ken, things her father had never taught her and so she'd never bothered trying to understand. She knew the warmth of blood, the scent of snow, the fear of the collar. That was all she'd ever needed.

Golden eyes lowered, and she reached down to touched warm fingertips to the bloody spot on his thigh. "I'm sorry," she said softly, sighing a little to herself. "Here, sit down," she said, pressing a palm to his shoulder as she stood up and padded back over to her pack, bringing it back with her and pulling out her healer's kit.

She unpacked it in silence, and removed a bit of muslin and a little bottle of something with the consistency of honey, but with a greenish tint. When uncapped, it smelled quite strongly of herbs. "Don't lick it once it's on or your tongue will go numb," she said with another quirk of a smile, as if she knew from experience. She dabbed it on, cold at first, and then the area indeed began to tingle a little, not unpleasantly.

"Why are you out here, anyway, if you've a bondmate waiting for you?" she asked quietly, glancing up at him again and again, but never letting him catch her eyes.

And I am dreaming of them with their kill
Tearing it all apart
Blood dripping from their lips
And teeth sinking into heart
Miharu Mindi
Player

Words: 165248
Joined roleplay: March 14th, 2010, 7:08 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Seth on January 4th, 2011, 10:19 pm

Gromhir:

• +1 Tracking XP
  • +1 Intimidation XP
  • +2 Rhetoric XP

Lores: How to Think like a Human, How to Comfort Hurt, Tracking a Wolf.

The Method behind my Madness :
I awarded you a point in Tracking, since you were using it in the beginning of the thread. A point was also given in Intimidation, for it seemed you started to use it for a bit... But then two points were giving in Rhetoric, for you soon switched to simply soothing the sad girl. Good thread!

Miharu Mindi:

• +1 Hunting XP
  • +2 Intimidation XP
  • +1 Medicine XP

Lores: The Pain of being Alone, How to Find a Friend, How to Trust Another, Ivaski Wolves (what they are).

The Method behind my Madness :
Hunting was awarded for, well, Hunting Gromhir. There wasn't that much of it, so you only got the one point. Intimidation was awarded because you basically tried to intimidate Gromhir throughout most of the thread, only calming down near the end. I went ahead and gave you a point in medicine too, since you used it at the end. Good thread. I am sorry it had to end, as I was enjoying it. I felt sad for Mindi.

Good thread, guys! I am sorry to see it ended. I hope to see Gromhir eventually return, and I look forward to reading more of Mindi.
Seth
Retired Staff

Words: 100299
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:00 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous