The Day of the Thief (Mugenajin)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Nyahna Sasin on April 15th, 2010, 10:19 am

Hmph. He knew his dagger skills were terrible, thank you very much. He made his decision. Darting back, he put some distance between them, and threw his dagger. It wouldn't hit anything, but he hoped it would serve as an adequate distraction as he yanked his clothes off.

He let out a hiss of satisfaction as he started shifting. His body lengthened, and his legs fused into one long body. Scales overlapped all over his body. His hair was sucked back into his skull. Fangs grew in his mouth.

"And now....you die!"
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Words: 164919
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2009, 8:24 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Mugenajin on April 15th, 2010, 10:28 am

Mugen shifted his bodyweight sideways to avoid the collision with the flying dagger, he was just about to sprint after the man 'till he saw what he was doing.
He tore off his clothes and started to shapeshift into a Dhani. Mugen's eyes widened with surprise and excitement. The Dhani hated eachother's subraces respectively. Vipers never passed down an opportunity to kill a Rattler or a Constrictor. But his homicidal excitement changed into respect as he noticed the Dhani was a Viper, just like himself. He could no longer fight the man, as the respect for a fellow Viper was too strong.

" Before you attack, I must show you my true form aswell. "

He took off his cloak and clothes in a hurry and placed himself in a manner as to ease the morph eventhough it was more of an enjoyment than a pain at his age.
His legs fused together and morphed in a green, scaly tail about 8 feet long, the hair on his body and head sank into his body and skull and his snake eyes shone with a brighter light. His fangs grew up and his nostrils became sliths, his hood flared with enthousiasm as he showed off his body.

He hissed " Can you sssssseee ? We are alike, Viperssssss. Let'sssss end our meaninglessssss fight and rejoicccceee in our reunion. "

The dark alleyway seemed so much smaller now that there were 2 Viper Dhani facing eachother.
Mugenajin
Evolve

Words: 10323
Joined roleplay: February 25th, 2010, 6:46 pm
Character sheet

Postby Nyahna Sasin on April 15th, 2010, 10:49 am

He was about to attack when he saw just what the other man was doing. Another dhani! This day just got more fun. He was ready to start fighting again when he realized that he was another viper.

Another Viper? This day just got fun. He felt a flare of joy in his heart. He hadn't seen another of his kind for a while. Slithering closer, he cautiously asked "You.....I do believe I've seen you before. As a snakeling, maybe. What, pray tell, is another of my kind doing here?"He was genuinly curious now. This was interesting.

Glancing back, he retrived his clothes and shifted back. Slipping on his clothes, he remarked "Perhaps this if stuff better discussed over drinks. The Rearing sound good to you?"
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Mugenajin on April 15th, 2010, 10:59 am

After the mood has changed to an amical ambient Mugen shifted back and accepted the man's offer for a drink and catching up.

" By the way mate, what's your name? Mine is Mugenajin but you can call me Mugen. "

" And perhaps we have met if we're from the same hatch, perhaps you have know my mother, Mugenotae? She was the head of the hatch before she was betrayed and killed by a jealous female Dhani, Ssvalantare, after which I had to leave the hatch to survive.
"

He felt sorrow grow in his heart when retelling this story, he had disallowed himself to think about what had happend for so long now.

" Lead the way to The Rearing mate. "
He said smiling, to cover up his sorrow.
Mugenajin
Evolve

Character sheet

Postby Nyahna Sasin on April 15th, 2010, 11:12 am

Sasin grimanced. "Ooh. That's gotta be rough. Kicked out by your family, mother dead. That does explain where I've seen you before. I haven't heard anything about you leaving, but, then again, I left the nest a long time ago." He felt sorry for this viper, who had left the only life he had known. It had been different for Sasin. He had left as a youth, had struck out to see the world. His parents had merely shrugged, and decided children would be children.

He walked back the way they had come. As they turned back into the street, he turned and said. "By the way, I'm Sasin. Come on, the tavern's this way. "

A regular at this place by now, he sat down at a table, and motioned for Mugen to sit across from him. "Out of curiousity, what's with your name? You'd think you'd be called Jin."
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Mugenajin on April 15th, 2010, 12:57 pm

" Ah yes that could be, and my mother decided my nickname would be Mugen instead of Jin. Her reasons behind that decision I never learned though. "

He ordered two pints, for him and Sasin, before he continued.

" I set out into the world and made my way through this area, I would have never guessed you were a Dhani though. " He whispered the last part of the sentence for he wasn't sure if Sasin minded if people knew about his race.

" It must be nice to be able to hide your origin so well, due to my eyes nearly everyone instantly knows " who " I am and fear me for it. I do not disapprove of my origin but I'm not like most other vipers, not when I'm not in a battle anyway. "

He smirked, " Good fight by the way, I thoroughly enjoyed it. "
Mugenajin
Evolve

Character sheet

Postby Nyahna Sasin on April 20th, 2010, 1:34 am

(Sorry for the lateness. My lappy hates me.)

He raised an eyebrow. "Interesting." He mused. He said nothing more about it, even though inside he was burning with curiosity. He'd find no answers here.

He was glad that Mugen was being subtle about it. In hindsight, he really should have noticed those eyes, but they weren't exactly a common trait of the Dhani. He said nothing, though. He'd have plenty of time later.

"Why thank you. I must say, though, you had me thoroughly beaten. I was quite impressed."
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Mugenajin on April 20th, 2010, 6:33 am

" Oh no mate, it could have gone either way. Your intuitive combat style is most impressing aswell. "

" Say, what's your purpose here in Syliras? Passing through or do you have a job here? "

Talhar was curious as to why the Dhani decided to come to this heavily populated area aswell. But as he looked outside the window he saw darkness had already fallen over the city and he still needed to find a secure place to sleep in his snakemode.

" Sorry mate, but I'll have to get going. I don't have a place to stay so I sleep in the woods as a snake. It's less comfortable than a bed but a great moneysaver though. "

Talhar drank down his pint and put out his hand.

" May we meet again. "
He smiled at Sassin.
Mugenajin
Evolve

Character sheet

Postby Nyahna Sasin on April 20th, 2010, 8:36 am

Sasin grinned. "Thanks. I work here, in a manner of speaking."

" Sorry mate, but I'll have to get going. I don't have a place to stay so I sleep in the woods as a snake. It's less comfortable than a bed but a great moneysaver though. "

"Used to do that. I find it easier to rent a room. Gives me an alibi if necessary." He remarked.

He shook his hand. "A pleasure meeting you. I hope we do meet again."

He walked out the door, a grin plastered on his face.
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Dusk on May 5th, 2010, 6:35 am

XP Award!

Sasin

XP Award
Larceny: 1 XP
Detection: 1 XP
Dagger: 2 XP

Lore Award
Fighting against duel weilding (poor)

Mugenajin

XP Award
Tracking: 1 XP
Dual-Weild: 2 XP
Storytelling: 1 XP

Lore Award
Layout of Syliras (poor)

Additional Note
Mugen, make sure you use the right character names in your post, you used Talhar there in one of them! :D

Good to see a PC combat thread! I would have liked to see a few more blows landed - don't be afraid to let your characters get hurt! Especially considering their skill levels. It makes for a more realisitic and more fun scene. I loved how quickly everything changed as soon as they both realized they were the same subrace - great RPing of the Dhani!

Sasin, you receive 10gm and 5sm for your thieving.
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

Previous