Entry To The End (Sylkra, Nira'lia, Pash'nar)

The trio of travellers enters the once great city of Syliras to find it in desolation. They find a place to settle in and look into arrangements for sailing..and if such arrangements can even be made...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Sariana on April 24th, 2012, 1:26 am

Image 73rd Day of Spring, Morning

After entering through the gates of the city, Sariana led the group to the growing tent-city the knight had described. Finding a place for them to set up, she slipped off the strider and began to unpack. It was hard to concentraite on her work, finding that her eyes wandered to the desolation around them. Buildings were utterly destroyed or almost so, and rubble littered the streets. People huddled together in tents or around fires, shock on their faces. There was a constant hum of noise, somewhere in the haze of people and tents a child cried. The drykas was comfortable in this sort of setup, surrounded by pavillions and people. It didn't take long for her to finish setting up her own low ground tent and sleeping rolls, before she held Vrathetu beside them. He wouldn't run, and he would damn near stomp anyone to death whom tried to take him. Still, there was hunger in these peoples eyes. Horses were food. She needed to find a secure stable where he would be safe...or lead him around everywhere and sleep with him.

"This is..." Her soft voice faultered, unable to put into words how she felt for the people of Syliras. They had lost...almost everything. The casualties were unimaginable, and the warrior found herself blinking back empathetic tears. Did Endrykas survive this? Silently she prayed to any of the Deities whom might be listening. The wind blew across the encampment, swirling her thick long hair around her face. Lifting a hand to push it away, the drykas turned her blue eyes to her companions.

"I need to find somewhere to stable Vrathetu. Sylkra, stay close to me. I'm not sure what desperation has done to these people yet, but I do know that if I was starving..a wolf would be a good meal, along with a big horse." Her words weren't an order, but a protective warning. The kelvic was her ward, and she remembered vividly the attack on herself in Zeltiva. Looking at Nira'lia, she nodded.

"If you know where we need to go, after we find a stable I follow your lead."

Sariana
Player

Words: 98220
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2012, 3:13 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Sylkra on April 24th, 2012, 9:21 pm

Sylkra was nervously sweating as she walked into the city of Syliras, having been questioned by the guard why she was there. She had told him she was visiting her master, and he finally opened the gates. She stood right inside, staring at the city. It was large and majestic, but she was interrupted by an incoming car. She ran just in time out of the way.

She followed Sariana into a large clearing with all kinds of people in it. She snarled, showing off her fangs and making her look like a threat. These people could get out of control any second. She dropped her pack into Sariana's loot. She stripped off her skins and shifted, before though tucking them safely in her bags. As a wolf, she still snarled and growled at the strangers, her neck fur even sticking up a little. Obeying her master, she followed Sariana to the nearest stable.

The people were dressed in rags and smelled of mud, perspiration, and grease. She sent a silent thanks up to the gods, for making her not one of them. She didn't feel bad for them at all, she viewed them as filthy scum who came off the streets. She continued snarling and growling at them. Like Sariana said, they thought of Sylkra as a meal. Sylkra thought of them as enemies.
"If you want to live your life in a creative way, as an artist, you have to not look back too much. You have to be willing to take whatever you've done and whoever you were and throw them away."

~Steve Jobs

Sylkra
The Ranger Wolf

Words: 65240
Joined roleplay: April 4th, 2012, 10:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Nira'lia on April 25th, 2012, 7:02 am

With a mortified look, Nira'lia glimpsed around their surroundings. Almost everything was in ruin, and she saw why the guards at the main gate wanted to make sure they had brought enough to sustain themselves. Syliras was in such a wreck that being there as a traveller looking for refuge just made no sense. But it didn't matter, they were only passing by... one factor that did make her slightly frantic was that she had heard that the docks were hit badly, just like the rest of the city.

As they walked to find a place for Vrathetu, Nira'lia left her group to ask for information about the docks. Finding the sea in a port city probably wouldn’t be too difficult, but it was always quicker to ask. Everyone seemed to be minding their own business and avoiding her eyes, so she decided to just be out-front and approach the nearest person she could find.

"Excuse me, but I’m looking for the docks... could you tell me where they are?" she asked a young lady. The lady gave her a stare that held much suspicion.

The lady pointed towards the direction of the docks. "That's the way to the docks... if you can still call it that. Mostly there are only those small Svefra ships coming in, as if they'd find anything here. What, you need transport? Don't get your hopes up, though those pirates might give you a ride if you have something good to offer them... if they don't take it from you first, that is."

Nira'lia nodded and thanked the lady. She then rushed off to find Sariana, Syklra and Vrathetu, finding them at one of the stables. Syklra had shifted and was snarling at people protectively, as if she knew she had to protect her master.

"This is terrible..." the konti told Sariana and Syklra. She looked up at Vrathetu, and saw that most people would probably want the horse most of all. He looked strong and well-fed, and would probably get a good price, if not be a good meal. "Perhaps we should bring Vrathetu with us, unless you find someone who looks trustworthy? Otherwise, the docks are over there."

She pointed towards the direction the lady had given her. Nira'lia waited for Sariana to conduct her business at the stables, and then led them towards the docks. It was a devastating sight, and it didn't look like the "docks" at all. What used to stand there for the ships were wrecked, and the few ships that were there were tied to nothing and were simply anchored in the more shallow grounds. Nira'lia looked around quickly, seeing if anybody would be able to accommodate them.

The konti rushed to the nearest person. By the looks of it, he looked like a sailor... or a pirate. She couldn’t tell.

"Hi! Would there be any boats sailing to Alvadas this season?" Nira'lia expected that they probably weren't lucky enough to get a boat at that very moment, since that seemed highly unlikely. Knowing the schedules of the ships would be extremely helpful though.
Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Words: 386960
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2011, 9:17 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Pash'nar on April 25th, 2012, 9:05 pm

Pash'nar was still a bit wet from his morning wade onto shore. Having no docks meant the tattooed navigator had to moor in the shallows, far from the wreckage and destruction, trudging up the beach with the towering fortress city glaring down at him. Syna's rays warmed the sand, though it would be a while before he dried out. His dark-haired topknot was wrapped in a brightly colored scarf, and the blue-black inked lines that traced patterns from one back of his hand, over his shoulders, to the other hand stood out against his tan in the sun.

He didn't really want to wander back into the city. He didn't want to deal with the petching guards—

There was a pale woman asking him questions. She might have been Konti. Ah, yes, scales and pale hair. He arched a brow, wondering why someone so delicate would be approaching him in the first place. Tide pool gaze met her own and he slowed his pace to listen. He was quiet for a moment, but it wasn't because he didn't hear.

Little creases at the edges of his almond eyes deepened and his lips curled into a sly smile. The false Svefra laughed, rough and callous, speaking with taunting incredulity,

"Have ya seen th'docks, lass?" Top-knot tilted toward the wreckage floating like wooden corpses in the sparkling morning sea. He spoke with a broken Common, unable to help his hands from gesturing pieces of words in Fratava to accentuate his conversation, "Ain't a petchin' ship sailin' to the city of illusions for miles."

He paused, cerulean eyes lingering over the woman for longer than was customarily polite,

"Though, I jus' made the trip. It ain't a pretty sight out there th'whole ways, either. Broken ships an' monsters." He stopped walking, suddenly and without warning, inked hand straying to trace the familiar lines of a moon and compass emblazoned across the back of his neck, "All that t'say, though ... I guess I've got a boat."

Pash'nar blinked, a roguish grin spreading across his salt-worn, wind-swept features. Fifteen days at sea with a woman always had it's benefits. Eventually. If one played their cards right, that is. His tone might have implied impolite things, though it certainly sounded like he was offering his services, "Are y'looking' for a ride?"

There were others approaching. He looked up from the Konti to glance at what he assumed were her companions. Or bodyguards.

Petch.
Last edited by Pash'nar on April 26th, 2012, 5:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pash'nar
There's always room for more.

Words: 295535
Joined roleplay: May 1st, 2011, 3:51 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Sariana on April 26th, 2012, 1:11 am

Image As they walked, Sariana knelt down to stroke Sylkra''s velvety ears, knowing the kelvic was feeling protective of her little pack. And in honesty, the drykas was happy she was there. Her growls were enough to move people away, ill-intent or not.

"This place will not be home for long." Looking thoughtfully at the konti as she returned from asking directions, the blue eyed woman nodded slowly as she stood.

"I don't think I'll keep him there long, but I'm concerned about stabling him with us. It's just to much temptation for those less fortunate then us. At least, until I can get a good idea of our situation." Heading toward the centre of the city, the drykas found the stables with some help from the street signs that had survived the storm. Reaching the Windmount stables, the warrior spoke briefly with the stable hand. The horses had been well guarded during the storm, and now even more so with the situation so dire. They exchanged words, and coin. Even if she felt secure, Sariana would come to check on Vrathetu often. Returning to Nira'lia, the drykas gestured back over her shoulder.

"The horses are on tight guard, I think Vrathetu will be safe. Still, I will check on him later." Following the pale skinned konti, Sariana kept her hand close on Sylkra's fur, fingertips brushing the bristled hairs on her neck. She knew the wolf cared for the horse as much as herself. Nira'lia had moved toward someone, a man. Raven haired, and heavily tattooed. His clothes and tanned skin revealed him to be a sailor, and as she came closer his thickly clipped accent confirmed as such. Either that, or a pirate. As they approached behind the konti, Sariana couldn't help but narrow her eyes and purse her lips slightly. The sailor seemed to be one of the Svefra - practically fish themselves so familiar with the waters as they were. And he was...was he leering? At Nira'lia? Catching the last of his words, the brunette warrior stopped beside her fair skinned companion.

"Indeed, we were looking for passage to Alvadas. A ship perhaps large enough to take three passengers and a horse." Pausing for a moment, she allowed the sea breeze to tickle across her skin - bringing the fresher scent of life and freedom. Meeting the svefra's bright blue eyes, the drykas nodded once.

"We have coin."

Sariana
Player

Character sheet

Postby Sylkra on April 26th, 2012, 10:28 am

Sylkra smiled when the konti caught up with them. She had grown quite fond of Nara'lia. She liked how kind but wise the konti was, and how friendly. Sylkra recalled the first time they had met, when she was shy in front of them.

Sylkra snarled even louder when they reached the stables. She did not trust anyone here. As they walked away, Sylkra looked back at the horse to see if he was alright. She was overly protective of him, she had never seen a horse and so wanted this one to be okay. Sariana stroked her fluffed up fur, and she flattened it a little. Her gentle strokes were soothing and relaxing.

They reached a tall man,, with lots of tattoos on. She didn't trust him as far as she could throw him. With another series of threatening growls, she leaped on top of the man. If she could pin him down, Sariana would be safe.
"If you want to live your life in a creative way, as an artist, you have to not look back too much. You have to be willing to take whatever you've done and whoever you were and throw them away."

~Steve Jobs

Sylkra
The Ranger Wolf

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Nira'lia on April 26th, 2012, 2:17 pm

OOCHahahah! Nice one, Sylkra! :D Also, Pash has been pinned with permission

"Yes, we do need a ride!" responded Nira'lia enthusiastically. She couldn't believe their luck, nor did she notice the suspicious look he was giving her. The konti was quite oblivious to many things, and that included knowing if a person might have bad intentions.

Sariana stepped up beside her, and Nira'lia smiled and listened to them. The brunette was much more knowledgeable about the outside world, so Nira'lia let her speak to the Svefra. She listened to Sariana tell the man about what they needed, and then consequently tell him that they would be willing to pay a fare.

"Would giving us transport to Alvadas be something you would be interested in?" she asked the man. She opened her mouth to say something else, but then a figure sped past her and right at the Svefra.

Sylkra had been growling for some time now that Nira'lia had simply blended the sound with everything else. She had not realized that these past few seconds, her growls had become more ferocious -- and then there was the Kelvic, pinning the man down to the ground.

"S-sylkra...!" squeaked Nira'lia with surprise. She was just about to reach forward in an attempt to pull the wolf back, and then thought better of it. The wolf looked angry, and Nira’lia was scared that pulling her back would accidentally turn the wolf’s fury towards herself.

She backed away from the wolf and the Svefra, and shot Sariana a worried look. Nira'lia knew that only Sariana could calm down the wolf. But then again, what was wrong...? This was the first time she had seen Sylkra react this way. Perhaps her wolf senses could see something they couldn't?
Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Words: 386960
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2011, 9:17 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Pash'nar on April 26th, 2012, 4:30 pm

"A horse? Oh petch, no, I ain't got room for a—" The tattooed sailor's words were cut short by a blur of fur and teeth. Pash'nar hit the sand with a surprised grunt, air leaving his lungs with a burning hiss and a string of Fratava words that were most likely very inappropriate if translated. First, wild djed tried to destroy him at the start of spring. Now someone's petching pet wolf was going to eat him.

Petching fantastic.

He said nothing for a moment as the yellow-eyed animal snarled at him, and the false Svefra leveled his own cerulean gaze to meet Sylkra's steadily. He'd faced severe bodily harm more than once in the past several centuries since he'd washed ashore, but he never really liked to find himself this close to immediate bodily danger whenever possible. He bared his own too-perfect teeth, shifting his body as best he could in the sand in an attempt to wriggle one fine-lined and inked arm toward the knife in his belt as unnoticed as possible, still keeping eye contact with the beast crushing his scarred, bare chest.

"Is this how you d'all your bus'ness?" Pash wheezed through clenched teeth, calloused fingers brushing the bone hilt of his knife. If he could just … reach … the wolf had his left shoulder pinned hard, though, claws making the sun-worn creases at the corner of eyes twitch as he struggled not to look away from Sylkra's golden orbs, "B'cause, if so, it petchin' blows bilgewater."

Fingers curled slowly around the handle of his blade and he shifted his leanly-muscled legs under the weight of the threatening animal, snarling back while attempting to find some window of leverage in the sand, no matter how small,

"I ain't gonna say please, so I suggest you call your pet off'a'me."

Tanned knuckles whitened as he secured his grip on his weapon, though he was still waiting for his moment.
Pash'nar
There's always room for more.

Words: 295535
Joined roleplay: May 1st, 2011, 3:51 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Sariana on April 27th, 2012, 12:26 am

It all happened so fast that Sariana didn't have time to react, a blur of fury tackling the sailor down before he could answer them. Instinctivly, her hands flew to her rapiers and pulled them with the grating sound of metal on metal. Blinking, she looked again and realized the attacker was infact her own companion. Swearing, she put the blades away and approached the wolf, signalling for Nira'lia to move back.

"Sylkra, easy girl." Kneeling down, the warrior glanced at the svefra under the snarling creatures teeth - her eyes trailing downwards to his hand and white rimmed knuckles. She didn't blame him, but the brunette couldn't allow him to hurt Sylkra either.

"She isn't my pet, she's a friend. And as much as I understand your situation...if you don't move your hand I'm afraid we are going to have problems." Reaching out fearlessly, Sariana wrapped an arm around the tanned creatures chest pulling gently as she spoke calmly but with a firm tone.

"Come on now...back off. This kind gentleman was just about to tell us how he could help. Right?" Her blue eyes glanced back at the man with what she hoped was a meaningful stare. The woman trusted Sylkra, but the group needed her to calm down if they were going to secure passage. When she had backed off, then they could talk about what had provoked the kelvic. Her senses were far more advanced then their own, perhaps she could sense danger in this man.

Sariana
Player

Character sheet

Postby Sylkra on April 27th, 2012, 12:37 am

OOCI know. :D Wolves FTW!

Sylkra's icy gaze did not waver as she stared into the intruder's soul. He seemed kind of fidgety, and started moving his arm around. She couldn't allow it. But then, he touched a knife secured in a satchel. She growled, slobber now dripping from her mouth. It dripped onto his pinned body.

Sariana rushed over and told the man who was boss. Sylkra nodded. She was Sariana's friend. But, she could be a pet.

She tugged on Sylkra, and gave her some soothing words. Bound by her duty, she released the stranger and hopped next to her master. She licked her lips, now covered in drool. She put her ears back, as if to say, Sorry master, but to Sariana and her only. She still kept her questioning gaze at the man. He was not trustworthy.

~Steve Jobs

Sylkra
The Ranger Wolf

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next