Completed Infinite Sky

[Flashback; Zeneth] Star-gazing at Iraltu's Observatory.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Infinite Sky

Postby Seven Xu on April 24th, 2012, 10:24 pm

Spring 40, 508 AV

The sky above Lhavit was streaked with all manner of pink and yellow as the bulk of the sun had slid beneath the Unforgiving’s higher peaks. A city forged of skyglass broke through the gloaming like a diamond glinting beneath light’s touch. Seven and his sister O’Ren walked side by side, each with a small sackcloth bag slung over their shoulders. It was to be a clear night; the clouds were receding, burning off with the last of the sun’s light. It had yet to get too warm. The stars favored the cool air.

“So, did you petch him?”

“Gods!” Seven spat a mouthful of half-chewed peach at his feet and stopped to stare, brows knitted, at his younger sibling. A silk sleeve was stretched over an ashy hand, and he wiped the corners of his mouth, sputtering what he managed to inhale in shock, “Where’d you learn to speak like that?”

“I’m thirteen, Seven, I know what petching is.” O’Ren’s lips crafted a smooth, delighted smile. “You did, didn’t you? I mean, I’ve never seen you with girls that weren’t us. Do you like them, or do you like boys? I like boys. Tall boys, with hair on their chins and between their ...”

Gods!”

“I haven’t done anything.” The girl assured her halfblooded brother with a flippant roll of her eyes. She turned to face him; she was already a nose taller than him, and growing. “Tell me if you did. Please, I won’t tell anyone, I promise.”

Seven was quiet for a few long heartbeats. His chin dipped, and he squashed pink-orange pulp beneath a sandal. It ground into dust, turned all colors of wasted brown, and stuck to its attacker. He had to scrape it away on level soil.

“So?”

“It was nothing. We ... we kissed.”

Seven’s confession was interrupted by a squeal of delight. The girl lived for gossip, and her brother had sated a hunger that had turned to famine over a boring winter. “You freak. You’re so weird! What did it taste like? Did you like it? Did you do anything else?”

“Freak? I’m not the one getting off on her brother’s ...” he paused, unsure of what to call it. Pink was creeping up his pale neck. “Listen. It’s confusing. It tasted like … well, like a mouth, I guess. He didn’t try to envenom me. If I didn’t like it, I wouldn’t have done it. I lead him home.”

“Which was stupid.”

“Which was stupid,” he allowed, “and we slept. There was nothing else. No,” his hands shot up, half-eaten peach and all, to make a lewd gesture, “None of that.”

“Coward.”

Seven’s mouth opened and closed, but no words would fall from his tongue. He scowled, pushed the wilting fruit into his sister’s dry hands (to which she yelped) and continued on toward their destination. “Come on. Stars are rising. We need to get to Iraltu’s.”
Seven Xu
Rhetoric can't raise the dead.

Words: 567538
Joined roleplay: April 30th, 2011, 11:02 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Infinite Sky

Postby Zeneth on April 30th, 2012, 2:15 am

"Zeneth, don't you turn your back on me."

The voice was harsh, deep and loud, the voice of a preacher. A young man was bathed in the glow of the moon, his back turned.

"Zeneth!"

He was walking away, his low boots crunching away on the gravel. Shadows masked his face, but the contours of his jaws were pulled tight, clenched.

"If you don't turn around this instant, Zeneth, I will order Irelia's arrest."

The enmity ignited. The young man whirled around, and suddenly his stomping course was toward his father, who hesitantly backed against the looming walls of the Observatory. "You think you can pull that shit on me, father? You hold her above my head as if she's a toy; a plaything to manipulate me with night and day. Have you no petching shame, or is your desire for me to be the perfect son more important than my own dignity?"

His voice escalated, drawing the attention of curious bystanders, though Zeneth seemed only to relish in the humility of this man who called himself his kin.

"Don't you take that tone with me," Olerus Iceglaze spat, his anxious gaze shifting nervously around the perimeter, "I only do what is best, which is to have you learn to let go of this-- this primal, animalistic nature of yours that is completely out of hand. You're getting wild--"

"I'm DIFFERENT!" Zeneth roared, "I have always been different. But you'll never understand, because you're human." He uttered the word with a sneer.

"You're only four years old--"

"And a man grown. Shall I prove it to you at the Red Lantern?"

Olerus bristled under his son's icy glare but managed to brush past Zeneth with carefully constructed nonchalance. "We will continue this conversation at home." With a swirl of his robes he turned and receded down the road to the skyglass bridge.

"What the petch are you looking at?" He barked at the anxious bystanders, who quickly dispersed into the encroaching night, as quickly as the stars emerged.

The rage was thinly veiled, and was difficult to contain. He wanted to hurt something, bloody his fists against the face of a poor whelp, and imagine his father suffering the same fate. So consumed in his violent fantasies that his collision with a stranger came of no surprise. Zeneth snapped immediately into an aggressive stance, grasping the collar of the boy in a white-knuckled vise.

"Watch where you're petching going," He growled until his icy gaze caught a flash of pale locks and ruby eyes reminiscent to a notorious race that plagued the city. Zeneth immediately released him, his nose wrinkled in disgust. "A spider. Why haven't you been tossed off a bridge yet?"
Zeneth
Player

Words: 13286
Joined roleplay: May 4th, 2011, 5:29 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Infinite Sky

Postby Seven Xu on May 8th, 2012, 9:59 pm

A yelp lodged itself in the back of Seven’s throat. Color drained from an already pale face. Stunned lips opened and closed.

“Oy! He’s not a spider,” a voice protested, “he’s Lhavitian; he was born here.”

The girl at his side had stepped between them.

“Ren, just—”

“You’re not one of them. You’re not a monster. Tell him!”

Seven found his tongue dry. It clung to the roof of his mouth. None are monsters, he thought to say, but the words refused to find his voice. He managed to look his offender in the eyes, but could not hold the glare that shot back at him cold as hoarfrost.

“Forgive me,” his chin dipped, a hand drifted to his neck where the collar of his shirt had scrubbed a hot red line across waxen skin. “I will watch where I’m going.”

No!”

Seven flinched. Worms roiled in the pit of his stomach. The girl stepped forward, face twisted into a defensive scowl. She was shorter than the kelvic by a head. It did not appear to faze her; heels lifted from sandals, and she compensated.

“What you said to my brother was uncalled for, you know. He’s never hurt anyone in his life—he’s not some woman-thief to be thrown from the peaks.” Her face was flushed red, while Seven’s had turned a shade of insipid grey. He hooked her elbow with a set of mismatched fingertips, but she shook him. “I said no! I’m tired of this shyke, Seven.”

“Ren, drop it.” Their exchange had turned heated, despite the third in their midst. The whites of Seven’s eyes flared and his mouth had become a flat pressed line. “Let’s go. We need to go. We’re going now.”
Seven Xu

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Infinite Sky

Postby Zeneth on June 8th, 2012, 8:41 pm

An olive-toned hand reached out and backhanded the girl across her pretty little mouth. He grasped her wrist so viciously it was likely he'd leave a bruise, but the kelvic was amused, enraged, but amused. He shoved the human child tothe ground and stood over her, looming, with eyes that shone eerily in the dark of night.

"Don't presume to speak to me in that tone, girl," He growled, "I've had enough of human hospitality. You're all eager to assume control, to rip away the only shred of light in this world."

He spat the words at her, but his mind was elsewhere, grudgingly reminiscing the soft caress of a porcelain hand, the veridian gaze that captivated him so utterly, and the look she gave him when his father banished her.

His hand balled into a fist, regarding the boy with a look of contempt, "Your kind would have snatched her by now. She'll be lying dead in the pit of some spider's nest, rotting from the inside because of what your people do. Are you proud of yourself, spider? Filthy creatures, the lot of you."

He shoved the pale mutant with strong fingers, "Tell me why I shouldn't just smash your head against a wall?"
Zeneth
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Infinite Sky

Postby Seven Xu on June 11th, 2012, 12:30 am

The bastard took a stumbling step backward, catching himself with the ball of his foot. ‘Ren had fled, as soon as the stranger turned his rage on her brother. She’d made not a sound beyond the groan from an unabashed hand across her cheek and the lungful of air she puffed out when he discarded her. She was smart to run; Seven let himself look after her, if only for a second.

“I-it won’t bring her back.” After a moment spent with an open mouth that mulled a hundred words over a dry tongue and sharp teeth, Seven murmured a shaky reply. “You could grind me into dust. She’d still be gone.

“And you should,” he added, “After my father blames me for what you did to my sister, he’ll have me again. Maybe if you beat me hard enough, he’ll take pity on me and save it for tomorrow.”

Their eyes met; harsh blood-kissed irises ran dark against the unnatural pale of the stranger’s cerulean glare. Those hard eyes could not have belonged to a human, they were as peculiar as his. You don’t have to be human to hate a Widow.

Seven chewed his lip, bowed his head, and closed his eyes, as if blindness would save him some pain; his toes curled against the ground; he squared his shoulders. Then it came, as quiet as a whisper, some mewling remark that could have been a prayer. “I’m not a monster; I’m just different.”
Seven Xu

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Infinite Sky

Postby Zeneth on July 14th, 2012, 6:07 am

He inhaled angrily.

"No." He remarked, "No it won't."

The anger flared. It burned deep in his gut and pulsed through his veins, but still he managed to stand through the spider's poignant wailing. It helped the pitiful creature none. Zeneth was raised knowing the reputation of the pale folk and the threat they pose to the city. Seeing one in the flesh was only inviting him into a primal fury.

"What a terrible life you must lead," He sneered. "I'd wager he doesn't beat you enough." He gave him another, harsher shove. "Half spider; disgusting. Where is your mother, then? Or did you murder her while you were birthed into this world?"

A hand reached to grasp the boy by the collar of his shirt, until he was viciously slammed into the wall of a looming building. The kelvic's fingers grasped the spider's neck, his face inches away from his victim.

Zeneth's lips twitched in a feral fervor. "If you ask me, you should have been purged straight from the womb. One less of your kind is all the better." Then the beast tightened his grip on the boy's throat.
Zeneth
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Infinite Sky

Postby Seven Xu on July 19th, 2012, 2:03 pm

Where is your mother, then? Seven’s pale lips tightened and his teeth grit when the blue-eyed bastard twisted a new blade through an old wound. He managed a choking gasp. No amount of caterwauling or crying would bring aid, and if it did, it was as good a chance as not that they’d take the stranger’s side. “S-stop,” he whined and clawed at the hard knuckles that squeezed his neck, “stop. I’m—”

The hand tightened and the halfblood gurgled; his face blanched whiter than any human’s. Seven tried again to wriggle free. One leg swung up to catch the kelvic’s thigh. Mismatched nails dug hard into the olive flesh of tense muscled forearms and he threw his paltry weight against the other man in an attempt to kick him away. When that failed, and he only managed to lurch free of a choking hold for a heartbeat, he lifted his other leg, effectively wedging himself between the kelvic and the wall.

“Just let me go,” he pleaded, finding his voice ragged and his lungs starved for air. He’d managed to bite his tongue in the struggle and gifted himself a numbing dose of his own venom. The kelvic had called his bluff; the growing threat of being pounded bloody had driven white-hot tendrils of fear into Seven’s heaving chest. “I’ll do anything. What do you want?!”
Seven Xu

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Infinite Sky

Postby Sphinx on November 27th, 2012, 6:27 pm

Moderator Notice

Saddly, both participants in this thread have retired. Therefore, I have withheld the grade. If either one of you, or both of you, return, please PM me and I will post your grade accordingly.

Additionally, if you have any questions or concerns, please don't be afraid to give me a firm prod. Thank you!

-Sphinx
Sphinx
She smiled, and it was frightening.

Words: 76081
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2012, 6:54 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes