Sphinx Scrapbook: Release the Pigeons!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Sphinx on July 16th, 2012, 10:14 am

Hundreds of Worker Pigeons Manage this Scrapbook.

[image of them forthcoming]

My name is, of course, Sphinx, and I decided to make a scrapbook for the account.

[baby sphinx image forthcoming]

I wanted to spend the next little while kind of laying down thoughts of my PCs, starting with my Vantha Anishna, my thoughts on my region where I have mod stuff (shameless promoting inclusive), and my plotting for my characters. OOC stuff included, of course.

Anishna, The Doubter

Anishna Iceglaze, the aspiring Aurist in Alvadas that has already stepped on more than enough toes in her second IC thread than my grumpy human has.

She is the doubter, the sower of questions and unnecessary difficulties. She doesn't have friends, and believes she doesn't need them, so all is fine. She doesnt trust people, but wonders why she should when someone she loved betrayed her. She doesn't like magic particularly, but she is a mage character and joined a mage guild, for reasons. Maybe she wanted to keep an eye on them, protect them, or normal people, or maybe she wants to ruin them from within, or make them stronger. Whatever she is up to, I'll figure it out.

She is xenophobic, and a paranoid musician, yet she is a Vantha, and deep down, she wants to sing and dance and tell wild stories of wild times among friends. I think that she needs to go drinking with a few people in the guild for this reason, because what better way to bond than to do it over ale?

She has employment, or is supposed to. I haven't made sure for certain that the ST I spoke to set it up, but if I have to make an IC job application, I gladly will.

My goals for Anishna are for her to make friends, learn to trust people again, learn magic, become a Listener, be there to help save Alvadas from something, and die in some grand way so that one day, I can give her life as an Ethaefal.

Anishna's goals are to ensure the safety of all for the greater good. She wants to improve at her aura reading, because the big invisible non existent Djed monster gave her an idea that she could identify other attacking entities. Perhaps she will find romance, but maybe not. I've considered Nuitification a few times, because I think that eternal unlife would be something she could enjoy. She should make friends with the Nuits though first. If Anishna knew what that was, I fancy that she would have it as a goal.

Anishna is childish, extroverted, distrusting, and narrow-minded. She has a lot that needs to be worked on, IC and OOC, and I will gladly do so.

This is all, for now.
Sphinx
She smiled, and it was frightening.

Words: 76081
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2012, 6:54 pm
Race: Kelvic
Office
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Sphinx on August 20th, 2012, 11:06 pm

So, today I have two things to show you guys. One is kind of "lolwut?", and the other was emotional enough to make me cry once or twice, but in a good kind of way, because it was a good kind of emotional.

Lolwut? is titled Darksuckers and the Theory of Dark and kind of takes the concept of light but twists it so that Dark turns out to be the main thing out there and Light becomes and absence of Dark. My mind really just rails against this.

The other thing I wanted to show you was really emotional for me. A lot of good things were going on there, and it was touching. These people are heroes for their country and the ones they come home to and their reactions are some of the most touching things I've ever seen. Some of the ones involving dogs are tearjerkers as well. It demonstrates the loyalty of man's best friend and the human heart.

Watching the videos under the "best of" link at the bottom of your screen are also recommended by Sphinx.

:)
Sphinx

Office
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Sphinx on August 22nd, 2012, 7:32 am

Not gunna lie, I'm uncomfortable sharing things I did IRL online, but I drew a Chamaeleon today and decided I wanted to show you guys.
Sphinx

Office
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Sphinx on August 26th, 2012, 3:59 am

Thank you, momma bird! :-)

Test 1

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullam corper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullam corper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.

Test 2

Sphinx

Office
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Pauk on August 27th, 2012, 9:31 pm

I like the first one
School just started and it's already killing me. I'll try to reply as quickly as possible, but I may be slow.
Pauk
Earn your stripes.

Words: 20716
Joined roleplay: January 3rd, 2012, 2:03 am
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Alori Sai on August 27th, 2012, 9:33 pm

I like the Chamaeleon :p
Alori Sai
Child of Ivak

Words: 442256
Joined roleplay: May 12th, 2012, 5:22 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Chamaeleon on August 27th, 2012, 10:40 pm

Pauk- Jules made a green one, too. I plan to use it for December, so WR can look like Christmas had fun with it.

Aela - Thank you!
Spider, spider.
Chamaeleon
My kiss is poison.

Words: 90951
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2012, 10:11 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Phoenix on August 27th, 2012, 11:37 pm

You're very welcome! I love making pretty things for people, I'm just glad you like it!

I'm not really sure why the sphinx is on a branch but...It is.
Phoenix
The Capacity for Inspiration

Words: 782528
Joined roleplay: November 22nd, 2010, 3:54 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Sphinx on September 3rd, 2012, 4:36 am

I needed help off my high horse.
Sphinx

Office
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on September 3rd, 2012, 5:37 am

LOL I love this!
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Next