Saying Goodbye (Alea)

Leaving for the Spires Banir must say good bye to one of his friends.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Saying Goodbye (Alea)

Postby Banir Ironwood on April 28th, 2012, 4:28 am

20th Spring, 512

The day was pretty warm in the ruined city of Avanthal. Though the streets where mostly usable much rubble remained at the sides of the roads causing clutter.Though it was warm he still wore a jacket, lighter and not as cumbersome as his winter wear but it served its purpose. The dirty green coat adorned with the armour and brown leather pants distinguished him against the damaged masonry. With the hood of his coat kept up and his scarf covering his face his face the sweat was quick to gather on his brow. Sitting upon a broken slab of rock Banir had asked Alea to meet him in front of the Red Diamond tavern. Having asked her to meet him after the 12th bell, close to the 45th chime. Arriving several chimes early he would stay for a few chimes after the time he had asked her to come. This could be one the last time he is able to see his friend. Or someone who at least acted a little like a friend. Regardless it was something he didn't want to miss, that and Alea would probably hunt him down and smack him until he apologized. The thought of Alea hunting him was probably what made him the most uneasy. Where it that his emotions could change fear would be prominent, fortunately the didn't shift.

As he waited he held a piece of wood in his left hand that he had found on the road. His mind had hatched a small idea, so he took that bit of wood. Perhaps a gift would also make the goodbye easier. And with hope it would turn out well, he had gotten better at carving since arriving in Avanthal. Noticeably so as he removed bit by bit the wood that hid the image in his mind. The metal claw on his right hand had etched away, engraving into the wood a slightly recognizable face. It was outlined clearly and the roughest parts had been chipped away. The contours of the unfinished wooden person's face where still rough and miss formed. The finer details of the face where left alone, the nose was more like a bump, eyes no more than carved circles upon the surface. And there was no mouth, the hair was just indented lines from the blade of his clawed arm. This was nothing to compare with an average carver. But he hoped Alea would like it enough to keep it.

Watching as he began to cut away larger chunks to form shoulders he looked up and around. There was no sign of her yet, the chimes where slowly ticking towards their meeting time. He hoped to have at least the out line done when she got here. Quickly he cut as he felt the time drip away, a neck began to form as each shaving was made. It was poorly done and rough but the sides had come together. Slowly he began to chip away at the base, with small strong flicks he began to bring out the legs. Looking up and around he had a feeling she would be here any minute.
"Where life leads me, is where I shall go. The greater question is, who is willing to accompany me on such a long travel?"
Banir Ironwood
The silent disgrace

Words: 218834
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2011, 3:33 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Saying Goodbye (Alea)

Postby Alea Davenport on May 11th, 2012, 2:54 am

Alea was running late. Banir had told her to meet at 45 chimes after the hour, but for some reason her cat had chosen that day to climb to the roof of the stables. Normally she didn't worry about her cat, but this time he kept meowing, as if he were suddenly afraid of heights. She had spent a ridiculous amount of time getting him down, and now she was almost half a bell late for her meeting with Banir.

She raced toward their appointed meeting place, her cloak - which she wore more out of habit than need - billowing behind her. As she neared the appointed meeting point, she suddenly got an idea. Something that would be fun. Rather than approach the tavern from the front, she angled around to approach from the back. When she reached it, she slowed down, and crept along the side of the building. She took a chime to get her breathing under control, but with all the running she had been doing lately, that didn't take as long as she expected.

She crept to the front corner of the tavern and carefully peered around the edge. There was Banir, peering over his carving. It looked like he'd gotten so caught up in his craft that he hadn't even noticed she was late. If he was as focused as she thought, her little prank might actually work. She slowly came around the corner of the building, clinging to the wall in an attempt to stay as far out of his field of vision as possible. She stepped softly to avoid arousing his attention and she stepped closer to him.

She was finally standing behind him. He had given no sign that he had seen her, though she had no way of knowing if he truly did not notice or if he was just humoring her. Taking a deep breath, and preparing to flee his possible wrath, she shoved his shoulders with all her might.
Last edited by Alea Davenport on May 22nd, 2012, 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Saying Goodbye (Alea)

Postby Banir Ironwood on May 14th, 2012, 4:58 am

Normally Banir would have heard Alea's footsteps about the time she was moving along the tavern. Unfortunately his carving always kept him in a trance like state. Eyes and mind focused completely and the slow steady cuts, the appropriate pressure to remove every layer that hid the image inside. The sound of the shaving rolling against the blade, and the flick that brings it to completion. Though he could feel a presence behind him, his mind disregarded it as he continued to be wrapped up in the image of the wood.

Shove

The tranquility of the carving was broken, all he had heard was a noise. The blazing red eyes rimmed with yellow shot up. Moving with his body as it leaped to stand, ironclad boots stomping on the ground. Turning around as fast as his large bulk would allow without falling over. Right arm clad in armour and claw was opened, the sharp bladed metal prepared to cut. Quickly lunging forward he spied who was there. He needed to stop, quickly, no. He needed to stop right now, and to do so would be difficult.

As his thoughts slowly turned to action he let his legs fall limp, tumbling and leaning to the left. Suddenly putting force into his legs and dive rolling off to the right. He didn't think about the momentum and smacked against a wall. With a grunt he shook off the impact, standing up shakily at first he made sure his hood was still on. Realizing he had dropped the carving in the commotion, it was his best so far, it was a carving of Alea.

His vision was a little blurry and shaken but he was quickly gaining focus. Looking around getting his barrings once more he tried to see if his carving had survived. With relief he saw it wasn't broken or damaged in anyway. Sighing lightly he looked around, trying to see Alea, he hoped that he didn't hurt her. That was the last thing their goodbye would need.
Last edited by Banir Ironwood on June 2nd, 2012, 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Where life leads me, is where I shall go. The greater question is, who is willing to accompany me on such a long travel?"
Banir Ironwood
The silent disgrace

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Saying Goodbye (Alea)

Postby Alea Davenport on May 15th, 2012, 1:33 pm

Alea had scampered off to the side when Banir turned around with his claw raised, knowing full well that she did not want to be right in front of him if she set him off. Practical jokes were only funny if no one, especially her, got hurt. Fortunately, he seemed to have control over himself today, which caused her to smile, and optimistically hope that he was getting better about whatever bothered him enough to send him into rages.

As he regained his balance, Alea picked up the carving he had dropped, turning it over in her hands. He was getting better at it; this one was actually recognizable. It looked like a girl, or maybe a young woman. Alea did not recognize it as her own likeness, but then she had not glanced at a mirror in a long time.

As an attempt at a peace offering, she walked over to Banir and offered her hand to help him up. When he was standing, she held the carving out to him, trying to communicate with a smile since she lacked the ability to use words.
Alea Davenport

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Saying Goodbye (Alea)

Postby Banir Ironwood on May 16th, 2012, 8:54 pm

Watching as Alea moved to pick up the carving, his heart made a bit of a louder thumb. Embarrassment? Probably. It was his best work but it still wasn't very good. And as she walked over to him, carving in hand. Under his scarf he smiled lightly as she offered it to him. Placing a hand on hers and pushing it gently towards her. Making sure to look her in the eyes as he spoke, the red neatly outlined by yellow gazing back at her.

"Keep it, its yours. I know, its not much, not good, but its what, I could do. It is, supposed to, look like you. I might, be able to do, better when I, practice some more." He needed to take a break, his throat was starting to hurt again. The rough sensation, like it was burning. As he felt his throat slowly begin to calm down he felt ready to talk again.

"I'm glad, you came, to meet me. I have something, I need to tell you, I'm leaving, Avanthal. I am not, much good here, and I'm running, out of Mizas. I am heading, to the Spires, they need help. I am going to, be paid well, for assisting them. I can maybe, do some good there." Another break, he was breathing a little hard, and his throat was hurting a little more. It wasn't too bad though, he just needed a quick break. Might also be a good idea to wait for Alea to have it all sink in.
Banir Ironwood
The silent disgrace

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Saying Goodbye (Alea)

Postby Alea Davenport on May 25th, 2012, 5:23 pm

Alea smiled at thee present. It was cute, and thoughtful that he was trying to carve her. She felt flattered. She listened patiently to his halted speech. It was a bit difficult to listen to, but then again, at least he could communicate better than she could right now.

When he said he was leaving Avanthal, her smile faltered a bit. She reached out to touch his arm, wanting to impress to him that he wasn't useless, but he just kept talking. She could relate to running out of Mizas though, so she could understand his desire to find work he could do well. She didn't think she had ever heard of the Spires, but maybe getting out of Avanthal would put him closer on his journey of getting to Mura. She had been unable to stick with her goal of getting him there herself; the storm had changed everything, and forced her to admit how little she really knew about this world, and how ill-prepared she was for travelling it by herself.

She had decided to stay and help Avanthal in whatever way she could, but now Banir was going to help another part of the world. She was going to miss him. She started to tear up, but she didn't want Banir to see her upset, so she just gave him a big hug.
Alea Davenport

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Saying Goodbye (Alea)

Postby Banir Ironwood on May 26th, 2012, 2:03 am

Physical contact was something Banir was used to, taking a punch, getting kicked. All that was easy to understand, easy to prepare for impact. But what Alea did, out of nowhere she just, grabbed him? Whatever she was doing he had never had anyone do this to him before. Confused, nervious and tense at the thought this might be some sort of attack. No that would't make sense, she was just recently smiling, and he had given her a gift only moments ago. What in the name of the gods was she doing? With no idea what to do or what he should do his arms just hung by his sides. This was extremely awkward and new to him, but he did recall seeing people do this before. But he didn't think he'd be able to put his arms around her, this was already embarrassing enough for him. He needed to think of something, anything to say, for once the silence was actually driving him nuts.

"Alea, I am sorry, to leave. I know we, have only known, each other for, mostly a season, and we've had, difficulties. But I, won't forget you, as I, hope you won't , forget me. I'm not going, to be around to, help protect you, so don't make, it hard for Yuros. I want you, to stay safe, should we ever, meet again. If we do, perhaps, I will be, able to show you, my face." The burning sensation was back, throbbing in his throat. He needed to wait for it to die down again.

This was not how he imagined Alea would have reacted. He honestly thought that she would be angry with him. Or at the very least she'd have hit him. This situation wasn't made better by the fact she couldn't speak. Or really communicate otherwise, but at the very least she seemed to understand. That was something that he was thankful for, since he had gotten to Avanthal he had learned a bit. Not exactly the things he wanted to learn of, but it was fine regardless. Though most things about the Vantha still confused him, what minuscule things he did know. He was still glad he had come.
Banir Ironwood
The silent disgrace

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Saying Goodbye (Alea)

Postby Alea Davenport on June 2nd, 2012, 3:53 am

Alea was shocked. She knew keeping his face hidden was extremely important to Banir, and the idea that he wanted to show it to her one day meant a great deal indeed. When he mentioned Yuros, however, a sick feeling began to form in her stomach. She couldn't tell Banir that he had left, even if she were capable of speech. She waited until she had regained control of her expression before she released Banir from the hug.

With a bittersweet smile, she held out her hand for Banir to shake, wanting to wish him luck. She made sure to use the hand that would not get lacerated by his metal claw; she didn't want to make this awkward for him. She wished she could speak, but if she thought about it, she wasn't sure what more she would say. "Goodbye" pretty much summed it up.
Alea Davenport

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Saying Goodbye (Alea)

Postby Banir Ironwood on June 2nd, 2012, 4:23 am

Relief fell across him as she released her hold upon him. That strange little moment had passed finally, it had seemed like such a long time to him. It was a something he didn't understand but it was nice, somewhat. He was glad that he had something to cover his face. The embarrassment of turning crimson from just a hug would have nagged at the back of his mind. However his mind completely dropped the train of thought as he saw Alea's smile. It was a difficult thing to look at, though she smiled at him he could feel his heart sink.

His left hand ventured forward without his own knowledge, taking her hand as his eyes gazed upon the young woman's face. Hand calloused, large, and rough enclosed upon her smaller, far smoother, hand. Slowly he shook as he couldn't help but frown underneath his scarf. With a deep breath he needed to speak, "Be good, be safe, try not, to cause trouble. I need to, leave now, okay? Alea, good bye" Feeling his hand loosen from hers it drifted to his side. A quick pat to her shoulder he began to turn, his foot felt heavier than it should have as it left the ground. The one after felt no lighter as he left. Oh gods he could feel something inside, telling him not to leave. Not to leave his few friends, not to leave this familiar place, not to leave for the unknown. But he would let that feeling dive away, he had done this before, left a home. It had been easier back then, but he would not look back.
Banir Ironwood
The silent disgrace

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Saying Goodbye (Alea)

Postby Valkyrie on July 10th, 2012, 4:41 pm

Thread Award

Banir Ironwood :
Experience
3 Carving
1 Acrobatics

Lore
Making a Present for Alea
Banir’s First Hug
Hugging: What is this strange grabbing?!
Saying Goodbye to Alea
Nagging Thoughts: Don’t Leave

Other
N/A

Notes: This was a very cute, heartfelt thread. I felt really bad about these two parting ways, it’s clear they had such a nice friendship developing. I hope your PC gets to run into Alea again in the future. As a side note, please update the thread list in your CS.

Alea Davenport :
Experience
2 Stealth

Lore
Banir Says Goodbye
Banir Ironwood: Offer to See His Face
Giving Banir His First Hug

Other
Inventory: + Roughly Carved Statue of Alea

Notes: This was a very bittersweet thread and I hated to see them part. They have such an excellent friendship developing, I hope they get to meet up again in the future. Also because I want Banir to show off his face! Unfortunately I wasn’t able to offer you much experience so I tried to give you some creative lores.

Please send me a PM if you have any questions or concerns. :)
VanthaAvanthalHoldsIcewatch

I will not be accepting new moderation requests at this time, I apologize for the inconvenience.
Valkyrie
Let me in! It's cold out here!

Words: 353067
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)