Gainful Employment (Taithrosa)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Dusk on April 21st, 2010, 10:57 pm

The man snorted, though his face didn't shift as he picked up his glass of whiskey and settled into his chair behind the desk.

"Petch your training," he said evenly. "Everyone's got training. You ever actually been in a fight?"
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on April 21st, 2010, 11:19 pm

Taithrosa expected to hear some voice mutter something fairly rude in his head, but his mind stay quiet except for the amusement he felt. His silver es watched the man, the age and wisdom seeming to reflect out of them. "No I haven't ever fought in an arena like this and no I haven't used it recently." As if the last time he was alive over five hundred years ago. "From what the office said you need at least someone for the fight, and I need some Mizas. I also don't like lossing." He said his deep voice calm and unfazed. He still felt like someone should be yelling at this guy.
Do you think that you could ever, Through all eternity,
Find out the generation Where Gods began to be?
Or see the grand beginning, Where space did not extend?
Or view the last creation, Where Gods and matter end?
Me thinks the Spirit whispers, “No man has found ‘pure space,’
Nor seen the outside curtains, Where nothing has a place.”
~ If You Could Hie To Kolob
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Words: 173686
Joined roleplay: April 3rd, 2010, 3:33 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Dusk on April 21st, 2010, 11:47 pm

"Great," the man sighed. "So we'll just have to bank on people hoping to see an Akalak kick the hell out of someone. Gimmie your sheet," he said, holding out a hand for the employment form. "Standard purse for newcomer fights is 20 gold mizas for the loser and ten percent of the house take for the winner. I'll need a couple days to advertise. Can you fight in, say, three days?"
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk

Office
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on April 25th, 2010, 8:46 pm

Taithrosa handed over the paper and nodded his head. "That works for me." He did actually intend to put up a good fight, he was still part Akalak and was one in this form during the day. "I can do three days." His silver eyes watched the man for a moment to see if there was any more information before departing to explore some more of the town.
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Dusk on April 25th, 2010, 10:00 pm

"Fine. We'll schedule the fight for three bells past sundown, three days from now. You skip town before then, you better make damned sure not to step foot in Syliras again," he said, leveling a dead gaze on him that made it clear that he didn't give a petch how big or blue or muscular he was - he'd be in a world of pain.

Dusk

Office
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on April 25th, 2010, 11:23 pm

Taith looked at the man. "If you would like an Akalak in this fight you will want to have the fight before the setting of Syna, other wise you are going to have a very fair skinned being with glowing skin." Taith said with a riased ebrow.
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Dusk on April 27th, 2010, 8:19 am

He got one raised eyebrow at that, his glass hovering halfway to his mouth.

"What the petch are you talkin' about?" he said quietly, something dangerous threading his words. Here was a man who was never questioned, because those who did ended up a bloody, useless mess.

Dusk

Office
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on April 27th, 2010, 8:45 am

Taithrosa avoided rolling his eyes. "During the day I am an Akalak, and at night I become what is called an Ethaefal. If you wait for the setting of Syna and the rising of Leth and you shall see."
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Dusk on April 29th, 2010, 4:14 am

Gene very slowly set the glass down on the desk, and then folded his hands in his lap as he stared up at the man standing before him. He'd never heard of an Etha-whatsit, but it looked and sounded to him like this joker was suddenly trying to welch on the deal.

"Perhaps I haven't made myself clear," he said in the same emotionless tone. "You're new in town, so I suppose it's only fair to assume you don't know nothin' about me. So here's a quick sum-up: You keep yanking my petching chain, and I'll pound you so far into this floor the next piece of shyke who walks through that door will ask me why I painted it blue. I don't care how big you are, or how much you might have trained, trust me when I tell you I'll break every bone in your body and nobody - nobody - will care. So. You wanna rethink whatever shyke you're trying to pull over on me here?"

Dusk

Office
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on April 29th, 2010, 4:39 am

Taithrosa looked at the man. "I am not trying to pull any on you. I am trying to be very honest with you. With the setting of the sun my body changes coloring. If you would like I will wait here until the change has occured so you can see that I am being truthful with you. If nothing happens then you can pummle me to the ground." Taith wasn't really worried that the change would occur, it always did regardless of were he was. Now he was worried about this mans temper and didn't want to fight him. Since he suspected the man could seriously hurt him.
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

PreviousNext