Location [Syliras Location] The Tooth and The Claw

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Syliras Location] The Tooth and The Claw

Postby Leviathan on June 26th, 2011, 6:41 pm

Lirelle Osla appeared from somewhere in the back of the store, a musical of birdsong exploded as she moved swiftly to greet Ever. "Hello there. What can I do for you?" Lirelle smiled sweetly as, in her arms, she caressed a small furry creature, a kitten. It couldn't have been more than two weeks old, yet it slept soundly without even being near its mother. Lirelle, or so it was said, had a sixth sense with animals. If anybody in Syliras could live among them and earn their trust, it was her.
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Ever on June 26th, 2011, 6:48 pm

Ever returned the smile that was so kindly offered to her, and did her best not to awe at the small kitten in her arms, by keeping her eyes on the womans face and brushing a strand of hair behind her ear. "I was wondering if your store carried any wolf pups? Young ones, but not so young that they must be fed by the bottle. I would love two, so while I'm away they could keep eachother company? Do you happen to have any?"
Ever
Anything To Survive

Words: 27630
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2011, 8:02 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Leviathan on June 27th, 2011, 6:00 am

Lirelle's smile slowly faded as Ever finished her question. Wolf pups, that was an odd animal for a city girl to want. Wolves, they were difficult to care for, natural predators in the wilds. Lirelle pondered the request, she didn't hide her obvious hesitation. "Why wolves?" The question was simple, but it already sounded like a rejection. If Ever had been a hunter or woodsman, Lirelle would be more inclined to agree, but a city girl, not so likely. "These aren't puppies we're talking about, but wolves. They are carnivorous canines that need to be outdoors. They are unpredictable, and if harassed could cause serious trouble for you or innocent. I need to know you are qualified..."
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Ever on June 27th, 2011, 6:34 am

Ever offered a weak smile, "I wish I could tell you, but...I'm not too sure myself. I am not going to be in Syliras long, and...they seem like the best company to be keeping. I don't expect you to understand my reasonings. I know they are a bit...odd." Straightening herself up, and held herself as strongly as she could, readying herself for the woman to reject her request or question her further. "How do I prove to you that I am qualified?" She questioned, meeting the woman's eyes and holding them in her gaze.

She kept the stare for long drawn out moments, before letting a small honest smile rest on her lips. "If you deny me this request, I will return as often as I can, until I can prove to you that I qualify." There was no lie laced within her voice, and she would do exactly as she had just said. She waited for the woman's answer before saying anything more.
Ever
Anything To Survive

Words: 27630
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2011, 8:02 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Archon on August 1st, 2011, 2:18 pm

A faint frown tugged at Lirelle's lips at Ever's explanation of her reasoning, or lack of explanation as it were, "I certainly hope you don't expect me to understand something you didn't tell me," she gave a soft sigh, turning her gaze down to the small kitten in her arms as if drawing support from its calmness, "Wolves are not something to be bought just because you fancy them, especially pups. An older wolf I could at least know was somewhat tamed, and something that could be handled by someone with a bit of training. Pups means that all the training is up to you," she turned her gaze back to Ever, her look gentler but still holding the firm possibility of denial, "Unless you're a wolf Kelvic yourself, which I doubt, that doesn't seem like something you could handle."

"Put simply," she continued with a faint, polite, smile, "First you need to start by being able to give me an actual reason why you want wolves, and not just a dog that is friendly, loyal, loving, and tame. Once you can give me a good reason in that regard then we'll see about you proving whether or not you qualify."
My posting and other AS work will be slow for the time being. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and I'll try to get back up and running at full speed soon.
Archon
Luminous Herald

Words: 107090
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2011, 12:34 pm
Office

Previous