Location [Syliras Location] The Tooth and The Claw

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Syliras Location] The Tooth and The Claw

Postby Gossamer on July 31st, 2009, 9:42 pm

One thing the Tooth and Claw had was space - vast amounts of it. Set into a warehouse down near the docks, the low-slung building was a combination animal shelter and pet seller. Ran by a quiet woman with a ton of integrity, The Tooth and Claw fulfills an important role of providing animals with a shelter until such a time as a home can be found for them. Lirelle has the warehouse sectioned off into segments - a portion for cats, a portion for dogs, and a portion for birds. At the far end there are cages for exotics and a makeshift animal hospital set up. Customers are encouraged to walk around the facility, speak with the animals, and get to know the denizens before making their selection. Lirelle is also known for her ability to be able to heal animals, and many folks with pets also utilize her healing services whenever their animals become ill.

Animal List

Birds
Songbirds 1 gm
Parrot 30 gm
Peacock 10 gm
Raven, Trained 10 gm
Falcon, Trained 20 gm
Hawk, Trained 35 gm
Owls, Trained 40 gm
Eagle, Trained 50 gm

Cats
Companion – 2 sm
Mousers – 5 sm
Hunting – 20 gm

Dogs
Hunting – 15 gm
Companion – 10 gm
Guard – 25 gm
Mixed Breed - 10 gm

Exotic
Bear - 20 gm
Fox - 10 gm
Wolf - 20 gm

Supply List :
Brush & Combs
small 2 sm
large 5 sm

Cages
small – 2 sm
Medium – 1 gm
Large – 5 gm

Leashes and collars

Collars - 3 sm
leash - 5 sm

Hunting Bird Supplies
complete kit - 10 gm
Hoods – 3 sm
wooden perch - 2 gm
leather glove - 5 sm
jesses - 15 sm

Food
cat food - 15 cm
dog food - 15 sm
bird seed - 10 cm

NPC :
ImageLirelle Osla

Lirelle has worked with animals all her life. She opened the Tooth and Claw when there was a noted need for both an animal shelter and pet shop. Suspected of being a Kelvic for her ways with animals, Lirelle is really good with helping out (and healing) sick animals, particularly wild ones. She has a soft touch, keeps to herself, and has perhaps an easier time dealing with animals than she does dealing with people. Lirelle is gifted, beautiful, and doesn't really need anyone but her animals for companionship.

Skill List
Animal Husbandry: 78 pts
Medicine: 69 pts
Dog Training: 65 pts
Hunting: 49 pts
Harp: 47 pts

This location is moderated by Chevalier
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Darius on June 16th, 2010, 8:33 pm

Timestamp: 11th Day of Summer, 510 AV

Darius entered the warehouse wide-eyed, dragging a large money pouch over his shoulder. The sheer variety of animals was overwhelming to such a little person, and the first thought that popped into his head was somewhere along the line with 'I wonder how long it would take for one of these things to eat me...' Even before he had time to look around, the Pycon had begun to doubt the possibility of riding any of these animals. Yet, he had set out to buy a pet, and so he would at least inquire about it.

After a number of minutes looking at the selection of dogs, the clay figure approached the counter. "Ehem," He coughed, in an attempt to get Lirelle's attention, "I am here to purchase a dog."

Lirelle peered over the counter, "All right, do you have a specific pet in mind?"

"Yes, actually," Darius stretched out his small arm and pointed to a certain Sykanis, "I would like that one." He quickly added, "Oh, and I would like some training. I need him to be obedient enough that I can ride him."

Lirelle raised an eyebrow, she probably didn't get many customers that wanted to ride her animals. Then again, she probably didn't get many Pycons in the first place. "Well, I suppose we could work something out. That will be 10 gold-rimmed mizas for the Sykanis, and another 10 for the training. I also suggest spending 15 silver-rimmed mizas on dog food. I wouldn't want to hear that one of my animals has starved to death." She eyed him with a mixture of accusation and good natured humor. After a few moments of taking coins, half his size, out of the coin purse, Darius had set out 20 GM and 15 SM. "You will also need to come in once a day for a few hours over the course of the next couple weeks so we can train the dog. Speaking of which, do you have a name in mind?"

Darius looked the dog up and down carefully, "Yes, I think I'll name him Spot!"

"A fine name, I suppose," Lirelle began, bending down to pick up the money, "You better take good care of him."

The Pycon nodded, "Of course! Of course I will!" He looked like an eager child after receiving a generous gift. Then again, he was one!

-20 GM, 15 SM. No threads too far from the pet store for 14 days.
Darius
Player

Words: 7959
Joined roleplay: June 13th, 2010, 2:27 am
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

Postby Elhaym on September 7th, 2010, 11:07 pm

2nd of Fall, 510 AV

Pain had received advice to come to the Tooth and Claw for employment, but having never been there before, she had gotten lost and sidetracked over the last few days. Her money was dwindling however, and after asking several people for directions she had found the large warehouse.

As she walked inside, she was immediately greeted by the wagging tails, soft barks, and excited movements on the part of the animals. She bent down and played with a few who were a bit more rambunctious than the others, and after only a moment she smelled thoroughly of dog. She noticed the presence of another woman behind her, and turned to meet the owner of the shop.

"Oh, hello there." Pain stammered, being swarmed by dogs. Oddly enough, with their high energy, they all seemed to be quite well behaved. Not a single one had jumped on her. "I was told I may be able to find work here. I uh, well... lets see. I can run pretty far, and I can probably lift just about anything you got in here... oh, and i'm an artist. That uh, probably isn't that great of an addition, huh?" Pain said. She had never applied for a formal job before, and only once had she even worked for money. She had no idea what the proper etiquette would be for this situation.
Elhaym
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind.

Words: 567762
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2010, 4:25 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Dusk on September 15th, 2010, 1:35 am

Lirelle smiled warmly down at the pups who were swarming around their legs. After a moment, she gave a quick chirp and snapped a finger before pointing, and all of them quickly scurried off across the warehouse, yipping playfully at each other as they returned to their enclosure.

When the animals were back where they were supposed to be when customers were in the store, she glanced up at Pain - but her smile flickered and faltered, and her gaze stole back to the ground. "Um. There's really no need for all... that," she said with a flap of her hand, frowning a little at her own awkwardness before turning abruptly and heading deeper into the warehouse. "They like you. That's enough for me. Strong'll help too," she called over her shoulder as if expecting the girl to follow. "Some of the dogs get pretty big, and they all need a firm hand when i've got to stitch them up or something. You planning to stay in Syliras a while?" she asked suspiciously, glancing up at Pain's face a moment before averting her gaze once more as she closed the gate on the dogs' enclosure so they couldn't wander out again. "Lots of people, they come looking for work and disappear after a week."
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

Postby Elhaym on September 15th, 2010, 6:54 pm

Pain's head snapped back and forth as the animals vanished, feeling a bit foolish for having encouraged them to act out against the expected norm. Then again, the owner seemed to like that the animals approached her willingly. The woman turned on her heels and began walking away, but she was still speaking. Pain hurried to catch up, walking slightly to the right and behind her.

"I think I can handle keepin' a dog in place." Pain squeezed in between Lirelle's rapid fire sentences. Her eyes followed Lirelle as she closed the gate to the dog's area. Apparently, people weren't so reliable around here.

"I, uh... well, I don't have any reason to leave Syliras. I like it here, you know? I guess the only thing that could make me leave is if I can't find a job." Pain said, matching the woman's eyes. She seemed to be very distrusting of people. The confident manner in which she had commanded the dogs didn't seem to manifest in her dealings with people. Pain was no social butterfly, but she thought she may even be more sociable than this woman. Then again, her job was to work with animals, not people.

"I mean, I can't say I may need a week or two off occasionally. But you know, i'm up at the 5th bell everyday, I ain't lazy... I can do anything you need me to do here."
Elhaym
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind.

Words: 567762
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2010, 4:25 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Dusk on September 19th, 2010, 12:39 am

Lirelle nodded, seemingly satisfied with that answer. She stopped abruptly and spun to face Pain, glaring at her as if trying to discern her entire personality simply by looking at her. Finally he shrugged, and slouched a little again, her gaze wandering around the warehouse.

"Fine," she said, nodding. "The pay's 3 gold a day, and you only get paid for what you work." She didn't wait for her to accept - seemed to just assume that she would - and spun once more to begin walking through the enormous warehouse. "I'll show you around. Over here's where we keep the birds for pets. Hunting ones are upstairs in the attic mews..." And with that, her employment began.

OOCYou are now employed at the Tooth and Claw. Doing your job in threads will earn you seasonal XP and ensure that you earn your wages. The more you roleplay it, the more likely you are to get a bonus or a raise. Let me know if you have any questions!
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk

Office
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Dusk on December 23rd, 2010, 4:47 pm

Seasonal XP Award!
Fall 510 AV

Pain
XP Award: Animal Husbandry: 2 XP
Lore Award: Syliras Tooth and Claw (Basic)
Swag: Free board for an animal, excluding horses, for the next three seasons.

Additional Note
So sad to see you go!

Dusk

Office
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Kiizir on March 19th, 2011, 4:14 am

20th Spring, 511 AV

Kiizir had spent the last few days wondering around the city. He did not like being unfamiliar with his surroundings. Once he had recovered and gave his fatigued body a chance to recuperate its strength he set on exploring the city and it’s wonders. He started outside of the Inn where he was residing until he could find a permanent residence. He explored the sprawling streets outside of Stormhold Castle, and eventually worked his way inside. Where, he discovered where the actually city was. It was magnificent how everything seemed to function within those walls.

His wondering soul brought him to his current location, Tooth and Claw pet shop. Kiizi had never owned a pet before, and decided he could use a companion. So he entered the warehouse. Where he was intrigued by the sectioned of portions. Kiizir, being an Isur and immensely strong decided a normal cat or dog would no suffice him. He desired something more exotic. Something to draw attention to him.

Kiizir walked along the portions of the warehouse, first browsing the cats. He had no interest in one. But he still had a deep affection for animals. After the cats he moved to the dogs, where he was greeted by wagging tails and friendly howls for attention. A smile was spreading on Kiizir’s face. He had not smiled in a good time, it felt nice. He passed by the birds without much interest. He did not think a bird would stick around him for long, and he needed a companion. Something you could sense emotion from.

So he stumbled upon the exotics, he was intrigued by these creatures. He crouched down where a friendly wolf approached him and attempted to lick his fingers through the bar. Kiizir lingered their a few more moments, figuring out if that was the animal he wanted. He moved on to the next section, a fox sat huddled in a corner. It’s distrustful eyes appeared terrified by Kiizir’s appearance. He was definitely not going to purchase an animal that showed distrust in it’s eyes. So he walked on, and saw what he wanted. A bear was stand on two legs, staring at Kiizir. Kiizir, being the curious type approached the cage. The bear did not budge or shy away from him. Instead it reached it’s haf grown paw out of the bars in an attempt to grab Kiizir. He moved closer to the beasts paw, grabbing it with his own hand. The bear gave a gentle squeeze, and Kiizir squeezed back with matching force. The bear retracted it’s claw and sat down, looking into Kiizir’s eyes, Kizir returning the stare. “I want you. You are the perfect pet for me, aren’t you.” And to Kiizir’s amusement and surprise the bear reached up to it’s mouth with it’s paws and almost seemed to nodding it’s head in agreement or laughter. Kiizir smiled, looking over his new found companion, now he just needed some assistance.
Skill List :
10- Blacksmithing(RB)
25- Weapon (Axe)
3 - Weapon (Warhammer)
5 - Armorer
2 - Hand to hand combat
10- Weaponsmithing
5 - Leadership
Kiizir
Player

Words: 6957
Joined roleplay: March 13th, 2011, 9:09 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet

Postby Dusk on April 30th, 2011, 4:23 am

Moderator's Note: Kiizir, real bears don't stare soulfully into your eyes, nod like they understand you, and give you a secret handshake to let you know that they are your bestest friend in the whole world and can't wait to share a jar of honey with you. Since this character is dying in another thread, I'll just leave this note here and we can let it fade away into some weird surreal anthropomorphic dreamland. :P

Dusk

Office
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Ever on June 25th, 2011, 5:42 am

Ever had found she did not like living alone. Syliras was far too depressing to be living by yourself. She found a need to be wanted, to be useful, which has brought her to this lovely little place called..."The Tooth and the Claw." She wanted something different. A companion that would honestly stay loyal to her, and keep her sane while she steadily unravels in the madness of the world. She had one creature in mind. One she had only heard stories about, but had never seen in real life.

A baby wolf. Two actually, so when she isn't home the other will still have company. She hoped to the gods that this place carried them. She had heard so much about how many animals they sold and how exotic they were. She wanted these pups so bad. It honestly felt like she was a child, wishing for a highly priced toy that they knew might be refused if they asked for it.

She swallowed and walked up to the front desk. "Hello?" She sniffed the air. There were definitely animals in here all right. She waited silently listening intently to the sounds that all of the creatures made, hoping one of them, was the sound that she so wanted to hear.
Ever
Anything To Survive

Words: 27630
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2011, 8:02 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next